Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:18 am 

is this a board or a hoax?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:14 am 

maybe it is something to do with moderation supposed to validate your first 10 posts or something... look on the announcement section...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 am 

has the moderator gone to sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:21 pm 

If your post number has passed 10, it won't be long before you notice a difference. I agree that this process is ridiculous and I don't know how to convince them to change it but hang in there. Once you're in this is a pretty free and easy place compared to many other forums around.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:43 pm 

I think this site has been on auto pilot for some time, but hey once we are in we seem to handle everything else on our own, just stay away from the political discussions...people get real serious about theat shit... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:27 pm 

Plook wrote:
I think this site has been on auto pilot for some time, but hey once we are in we seem to handle everything else on our own, just stay away from the political discussions...people get real serious about theat shit... :smoke:

You not one of those are you ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:32 am 

Little_Sally wrote:
Plook wrote:

You not one of those are you ?

Since you highlight the misspelled word "That", I assume you mean a fat fingered individual...but we all know what it means when you have fat fingers, I also have big feet...which I have used while performing amazing feats. But ultimately I am a terrible speller due to my learning to read with the first version of phonics, nobody is perfect, don’t read to much into my incorrect spellings.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:58 am 

Plook wrote:

I don"t. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:41 am 

Caputh wrote:
Plook wrote:

I don"t. :wink:

Thats because you "never forget"... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:11 pm 

Oh, I forget (at least I think I remember forgetting) - I'm just seldom particularly serious.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:27 am 

This is getting ridiculous... I'm a Mothers fan from way back and saw Farnk and his many bands on just about every EUROPEAN tour from the 70's onwards... naturally I ahve all the records on vinyl of cpourse rather than shitty cds and have taken ppart in boards for many other bands... and I've never come across one like this where the only posts I'm allowed to do after signing up two weeks ago are FAQs.. what awaste of 'cyber' space.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:14 am 

Once you have reached 10 posts you should be good to go...and if you are familiar with Frank you would realize while we have many serious threads about Frank and his music, like Frank we have a healthy sense of humor and never miss an opportunity to joke around. Relax cruise some threads you will find as I have the members of this Forum are not only experts on all things FZ, they are some of the smartest people around...even the ones you don't agree with...

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:06 pm 

I give up what a fucking waste of time this board is....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:54 am 

Are you the Pete Thomas, drummer for the Attractions?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:45 am 

I guess now we will never know...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 am 

10 posts, eh?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 am 

yes

Miasma!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:31 pm 

I thought that shit was pretty clear when I came back here a few years ago, is it no longer clear or are you all from Canada...Zzziiinng... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:56 pm 

I'm sorry Plook, but the shit has changed. I tried joining up as a newbie a short while ago and it has become ridiculous. I eventually got in, but you have to be able to put up with hitting submit on your posts but then not actually seeing them appear in the thread and waiting several days for them to be vetted by somebody. There are no clear instructions to indicate that there are two sub forums that you can post in immediately. Some newbies find them by trial and error, others give up.

Seriously, let's not beat around the bush, the join up process here is a fucking joke. I've joined other forums with very strict rules and their join up procedures have generally been very transparent. It's not rocket science.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 pm 

polydigm wrote:
I'm sorry Plook, but the shit has changed. I tried joining up as a newbie a short while ago and it has become ridiculous. I eventually got in, but you have to be able to put up with hitting submit on your posts but then not actually seeing them appear in the thread and waiting several days for them to be vetted by somebody. There are no clear instructions to indicate that there are two sub forums that you can post in immediately. Some newbies find them by trial and error, others give up.

Seriously, let's not beat around the bush, the join up process here is a fucking joke. I've joined other forums with very strict rules and their join up procedures have generally been very transparent. It's not rocket science.

I did not n\know that, well like I say we're on automatic pilot...at least I got a good Canada Zinger in... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:39 pm 

so does anyone know when the max posts do do stuff is?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:30 pm 

10. You now have that. You should be able to see more features now, like PM buttons and search links and so on. But, make sure you post in one of the main forums. You won't see your post straight away, but the admin will check and see you're not a spammer and then after that your posts in the main forums will appear.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:11 pm 

I've only just realised what's been happening to my posts.

I'm not writing this because I think it will be of unbelievable interest to you. I'm just pushing up my posts towards that big 10.

Onwards.

Mmmm. Re-e-e-ed....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:22 am 

Ugly Radio wrote:
I've only just realised what's been happening to my posts.

I'm not writing this because I think it will be of unbelievable interest to you. I'm just pushing up my posts towards that big 10.

Onwards.

Mmmm. Re-e-e-ed....

Good luck with your 10th - right now I don't know how many I posted, cause the moderator's sitting on them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 pm 

How bizarre - before I have 10 posts and full rights all sorts of strange things happen. I just corrected a couple of typos in the H vs Q topic, then suddenly it disappeared because the moderator must read it again!