Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:09 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
I'm too busy being Muslim to care anymore. At least Obama did one thing right.

I'll bite,what's that 1 thing cal? :|

He turned the nation Muslim. Maybe I should be more clear for you older folk.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
I'm too busy being Muslim to care anymore. At least Obama did one thing right.

I'll bite,what's that 1 thing cal? :|

He turned the nation Muslim. Maybe I should be more clear for you older folk.

I was busy being Muslim and didn't even know it! Must be rough,all these older people like me that don't notice such big happings in the spirit world bumbling all around the planet.So where all muslim now huh. Now I know what to put under ethnic___ . :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:55 am 

That reminds me Kapt...did I leave my Thobe and Bisht in your car last time we went to a concert... :mrgreen:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:46 pm 

Plook wrote:
That reminds me Kapt...did I leave my Thobe and Bisht in your car last time we went to a concert... :mrgreen:

Was that the Ramadan-polooza with the 3 prophet stages gig? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:57 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

Yeah remember the 72 virgins they let us check it...they aren't anymore... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:17 pm 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

Yeah remember the 72 virgins they let us check it...they aren't anymore...

Ah,yeah! I had a couple of them follow me around for weeks after that.They always had that far away look in the're eyes. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:30 am 

Just watch out for red and black wires showing from under their Berka... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:44 am 

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23552

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am 

Obama's followers have become intolerant bigots...

http://patriotupdate.com/articles/obama ... ant-bigots

This is a sweet little essay that describes how Obama has divided us instead of uniting us.

It goes a long way in explaining the dispicable debate tactics of a certain forum poster.

I mean SPACEBROTHER.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 am 

Let's see what else we have on ol' Obama this morning...

Army officer imprisoned for challenging Obama...

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/a ... ama/19252/

Obama whines that Michelle doesn't get First Lady pay...

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/o ... ady/19186/

This person seems to think martial law will be declared if Obama fears he'll lose the election...

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/o ... ent/19219/

Here's some shennanagins from Obama's past...never forget he is from the very corrupt state of Illinois...

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/shorebank.php

A judge bans Obama's NDAA power to detain American citizens without charge, and Obama defies the order, pretty much claiming that he does not have to obey any federal judge...

http://www.federaljack.com/?p=176606

It really does seem as if Obama is out to declare himself dictator, and start a Marxist revolution...and if we look at who his real father is, we can see that Obama just might be a red-diaper baby...

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... echild.php

On that note, did you know that Obama has a drunken "brother" in Africa?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... OTHER.html

Ah, well anyway...Libertarians are decying Obama's lies about medical marijuana, and getting some traction from it...especially in places like Colorado, where legalization is on the ballot...

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/08/lib ... -over.html

The Senate has voted down a cybersecurity act...but not to worry, Obama will use an Executive order instead...just like a Republican would do...

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/08/sen ... y-act.html

Let's not forget Obama's buddy and lawyer Tim Geithner...OMG! What a corrupt bastard!

http://occupywallstreet-forum.com/?gcli ... nAodKksAgw

Well, we should never forget that in a fair, two man election, Ron Paul would defeat Obama...

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/r ... 012/19290/

Then we would be done with this bullshit, and America can go back to being the land of the free and the home of the brave...instead of the land of the fee, and the home of the slave.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:43 pm 

Just thinkinh out loud here, you best grab a rope and pull yourself out of your wirlpool of unmitigated hate for the President, it really doesn't fit you well, your making the Obler seem reasonable... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:09 pm 

Romney and Ryan couldn't get no higher,but that's what they were aiming at,
And no one's getting fat,except the RNC..... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm 

Ah, plook and kirk...

Good ol' Arch Obler. Whatever happened to him? Probably got tired of yanking chains.

I don't hate the pResident. Stop thinking so small. I'm sure that Mr. Obama wasn't aware of what he was getting into when he got elected. If I hate any person or persons, it's the bastards that run the money system.

This thread is really just here as a counterweight to SPACEBROTHER's Ron Paul hate fest. As intelligent as you may be, why haven't you picked up on that? If someone is going to spread shit over my hero, why shouldn't I spread shit on their hero?

...and let's face it, Obama is rife with faults. If he only had a pair of balls, he could stand up to the puppetmasters, and do something real.

Like stopping the killing of innocent civilians with drone attacks. Or how about some debt forgiveness for hurting families? Or how about prosecuting some of these criminal bankers?

Shit...if he just legalized weed, I'd probably vote for him.

If these kind of puppet leaders are okay with you guys, that's on your head, not mine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:36 pm 

...and this sort of thread may well be beneath my intellectual standards, but no one wants to talk about how and why we are slipping into fascism...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23541

...so this is something I think most posters can relate to.

Besides, I don't think anyone wants to read and discuss my poetry, or my next episode of cable guy confessions...so what else is there? The secret word for tonight, or what am I listening to?

Not really my style.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:47 pm 

Just don't tread on Frank. :evil: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:48 am 

Tread on Frank? You must be kidding.

If anything, I am continuing his tradition of political iconoclasm.

He would not have fallen for Obama's bullshit, either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:33 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
Tread on Frank? You must be kidding.

If anything, I am continuing his tradition of political iconoclasm.

He would not have fallen for Obama's bullshit, either.

Oh boy,Frank has a new torch bearer. Gimme a break.I supose you believe FZ thinks just like you do.What an egotist you are.Your only guessing what FZ would think now,at best. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:59 pm 

Are you trying to start a fight, cap'n?

The writer of Trouble Comin' Every Day, Brown Shoes Don't Make It, Plastic People, Who are the Brain Police, I Am the Slime, Heavenly Bank Account, Dumb all Over, ect...certainly was not a mainstream political thinker. He can be quoted as suspecting that AIDS was invented by the government, that churches should be taxed, and that modern journalism could not be trusted.

As I've said many times before, he was telling us that it was all a gigantic mass deception nearly fifty years ago.

Joe's Garage, fer chissakes.

I am carrying on the tradition of telling you and others that what they think is the truth is quite possibly what THEY want you to think is the truth.

If you don't see it that way, who cares? I don't see any rebuttals from you regarding anything I've posted...just the usual American personal denegrations, as if it isn't about what is said, but who has said it.

If you are in love with pResident Obama, I'm sorry. Take a little time to refute what I've posted...but please try do it calmly without being offensive in a personal way.

...or, go ahead and be offensive. That would also be Frank-like...

...but really, if you want me to take you seriously, learn how to write and punctuate a coherent sentence, and check your damn spelling.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:40 pm 

What we have here is a lack of communication.
I'll put a man right on it boss rope.I've got my mind right now boss. Thanx for setting me straight boss rope.

I love you man! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:28 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
Are you trying to start a fight, cap'n?

The writer of Trouble Comin' Every Day, Brown Shoes Don't Make It, Plastic People, Who are the Brain Police, I Am the Slime, Heavenly Bank Account, Dumb all Over, ect...certainly was not a mainstream political thinker. He can be quoted as suspecting that AIDS was invented by the government, that churches should be taxed, and that modern journalism could not be trusted.

As I've said many times before, he was telling us that it was all a gigantic mass deception nearly fifty years ago.

Joe's Garage, fer chissakes.

I am carrying on the tradition of telling you and others that what they think is the truth is quite possibly what THEY want you to think is the truth.

If you don't see it that way, who cares? I don't see any rebuttals from you regarding anything I've posted...just the usual American personal denegrations, as if it isn't about what is said, but who has said it.

If you are in love with pResident Obama, I'm sorry. Take a little time to refute what I've posted...but please try do it calmly without being offensive in a personal way.

...or, go ahead and be offensive. That would also be Frank-like...

...but really, if you want me to take you seriously, learn how to write and punctuate a coherent sentence, and check your damn spelling.

"Check his damn spelling"?? Absolutely!

I personally have a very hard time handling it when people step outside the Grammar White Zone - And FLAUNT it!

It's a situation that DEFINITELY NEEDs to be addressed, PRONTO!

Mr. Weasel-Words, You're my Hero (chissakes denegrations ect). *sigh*

p.s. Is the ect short for ectoplasm, and is that because you are (I've noticed) quite cosmic?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:45 am 

Once again, the thread is all about me!

I'll admit that I carelessly overlooked the spelling of a word, but at least I know what the word means.

"chrissakes" is a creative localism and totally acceptable.

http://www.wordnik.com/words/Chrissakes

O shit, I misspelled that, too! Eh, more of a typo...well, I was tired!

"ect" is "ectetera", but of course you knew that. You're just grasping at anything you can to hit me with.

...because you have nothing.

I'm detecting a distinct strain of anti-intellectualism on this forum!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 am 

Anyhoo...back to the old grind...

Here's forty points that show little to no difference between Obama and Romney...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/40-points-t ... idate.html

Looks like the Navy Seals are outraged that Obama is taking credit for killing Osama...

http://conservativebyte.com/2012/08/nav ... ing-obama/

(ha ha ha...that one is funny on so many levels...!)

It seems as though the Detroit auto bailout has become a bigger loser than we thought!

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/o ... mon/19510/

Shit, get yourself a Ford...a car you can be proud of. GM has China to worry about...

Why isn't Corzine being prosecuted?

http://dailybail.com/home/letter-from-s ... rzine.html

According to Geithner, Obama's housing policy is designed to sacrifice homeowners to the banks...

http://dailybail.com/home/barofsky-geit ... housi.html

Imagine my complete (lack of) disbelief!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:51 am 

Read this, and then tell me how Obama is any goddamn different than Geoge W. Bush...

http://www.truthdig.com/report/page2/cr ... _20120813/

He's even more dangerous, because he comes off as caring.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:14 pm 

Great stuff, A rope leash!

Here's another tasty little sucker, clearly showing just how much of an idiot Obama truly is:

http://news.investors.com/article/62117 ... htm?p=full

Obama Recovery Is Worst In Post WWII History

By JEFFREY H. ANDERSON
Posted 08/06/2012 06:58 PM ET

A core dispute in this presidential campaign is over how to evaluate President Obama's economic record.

On the one hand, it's not fair to blame Obama for the slow growth in the first six months of his presidency, which was mostly a product of conditions he inherited.

On the other hand, it's not convincing for Obama to suggest — as he routinely does — that he should be evaluated on the basis of whether the recovery has been better than the recession. Recoveries, by definition, are better than recessions.

So rather than holding Obama responsible for a recession he inherited, or praising him simply because that recession didn't continue perpetually, the fairest measure of his economic stewardship is this one:

How does the Obama recovery compare to other recoveries from similar downturns across the decades?

On that basis, the Obama recovery can only be graded as a tremendous failure — as it has produced the worst rate of economic growth of any recovery in the past 65 years.

Over that span, we've had 10 previous recessions and 10 previous recoveries. According to the federal government's own Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), average real (inflation-adjusted) GDP growth in the first three years after those recessions was 4.6%.

During the Obama recovery (which began three years ago, in July 2009), average real GDP growth has been just 2.2% — less than half the historical norm. Of the past 11 recoveries, the Obama recovery has been the worst.

Getting Worse

The 10 stronger recoveries involved Presidents Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and George W. Bush — in other words, every other postwar president.

Some might suppose that this is because the 2008-09 recession was a particularly long and debilitating one. But the historical record shows that the pattern is generally as follows: the worse the recession, the stronger the recovery.

Indeed, if we limit our comparison to the five longest recessions in the past 65 years (each of which lasted at least 11 months), we find the following: During the four pre-Obama recoveries from such recessions, average real GDP growth in the first three years was a whopping 5.9% — dwarfing the 2.2% figure under Obama.

What's the difference between 5.9% and 2.2% growth? Over the past three years, our GDP has been, on average, about $15 trillion annually. A 3.7% shortfall, therefore, equals about $555 billion a year, or $1.6 trillion over three years.

If you divide that evenly among the roughly 300 million Americans, it works out to a shortfall of more than $5,000 per person — or more than $20,000 for a family of four.

Nor are things getting better. Over the first two years of the Obama recovery, average real GDP growth was 2.2%. During the third year, it remained at 2.2%. So far in 2012, it has been 1.8% annualized. In the most recent quarter, it was 1.5% annualized.

No Jobs

Moreover, these poor results are despite Obama's $787,000,000,000 "stimulus" — a remarkable explosion of deficit spending at the expense of future generations of Americans, who will have to pay that money back.

If all of this weren't bad enough, the Obama recovery has also been a dismal failure in terms of employment.

According to the BLS, the employment-population ratio — the percentage of Americans who are employed — was 59.4% during the last month of the recession (June 2009). That figure has now actually dropped to 58.4%. Three years into the "recovery," a lower percentage of Americans are employed than during the recession.

In marked contrast, in the last four pre-Obama recoveries from recessions spanning at least 11 months, the average improvement in the employment-population ratio over the same span of time was 2.6 points — a swing of 3.6 points from Obama's tally of minus 1.0%.

If 3.6% more Americans were employed today, that would amount to more than 10 million people.

For the better part of four years, Obama has spearheaded unprecedented levels of government spending, regulation, and control over Americans' lives. He has championed Obama-Care, unleashed the Environmental Protection Agency, promoted crony capitalism and adopted policies decidedly at odds with Main Street.

The experiment has been tried, the evidence is in and the verdict is clear: This is by far the worst economic recovery in the past 6-1/2 decades.

• Anderson is a senior fellow at the Pacific Research Institute.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:03 pm 

No matter how they try to put lipstick on the pig, this "recovery" is anything but.

Believe it or not, I actually voted for Obama in '08. I didn't want GWB's policies to continue, and I thought it would do this country good to have a person of color at the helm for a while. Besides, what choice did I really have? McCain?

Obama hasn't been good at all for this country. He has been as I suspected from the start, all talk and no substance. But, it's worse than that...it's been a lot of lies.

They continue to declare that the economy is coming back around, and they even imply that he needs another four years to "finish the job".

"Finish us off" would be more like it.

I don't know about others on this forum, but I have been experiencing the effects of this recession/depression quite heavily. I've never been able to replace that good job I lost back in '05, and since then it's been one long succession of crummy jobs that don't pay enough and have little or no benefits...jobs doing pretty much what I've always done and made a good living at. I actually worked one cable job last year that wound up costing me more money than I made.

It's the same with my current position. I make fairly good money when I work, but when the project is over, the company is done with me until they need help again on the next project. The tools are on me, the vehicle is on me, the insurance is on me, and much of the traveling expenses are on me. That's just how they do it nowdays, and I'm lucky to be working at all.

The truth is that the good jobs are never coming back. They have us down, and we're going to stay there. Unions might help workers in some cases, but just try to start a union where you work. You won't last a week.

But, this was all in the plan, and Obama is just the latest face of bullshit. Ross Perot warned of this twenty or so years ago, and everyone just laughed.

I say, if we have to suffer these losses, at the very least they could hand us back some of our freedoms. Get rid of some of these taxes, lay off some of these goddamn cops, and let us smoke some fucking weed. But no...they are doing the exact opposite of that, with both parties cheering on the destruction of our basic liberties as they continue on with the looting of our nation...and other nations, too.

All Obama has to do is grow a pair and stand up to the crooked bankers and the scheming war-mongers, and he'd have my respect. But, he's all blather and no balls.

It's a pity.

Ron Paul could really change things. It would be tough to start with, but we would be better off in the end. With ObamaRomney, it's just going to go straight to Hell.

...and there we will be, our asses burnt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next