Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am
Posts: 108
Location: Bakersfield, California
Plook wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Plook wrote:
I roll my own tabacco all natural healthy, no additives, green cigarettes... :smoke:

Will it still give you cancer?



Chancers go don't when you eleminate all the chemicals added to manufactured ciggs... :smoke:

I heard it's cheaper to do as well, is that true? I am interested in starting to roll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19335
Location: Somewhere in time
Two cartons for less than 25 dollars, but it is a skill that must be developed and I use long cut pipe tabacco (there has never been a solid link between pipe tabacoo and cancer)...the pull type roller for the tubes is a must. I have been doing it for 4 years now and I can get about a pack in a half hour when I am on a roll (pun intended). During football season I can get five packs in a game, they are fatter than regular smokes so only 17 fit in a pack.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am
Posts: 108
Location: Bakersfield, California
Plook wrote:
Two cartons for less than 25 dollars, but it is a skill that must be developed and I use long cut pipe tabacco (there has never been a solid link between pipe tabacoo and cancer)...the pull type roller for the tubes is a must. I have been doing it for 4 years now and I can get about a pack in a half hour when I am on a roll (pun intended). During football season I can get five packs in a game, they are fatter than regular smokes so only 17 fit in a pack.

:smoke:

That sounds pretty awesome actually, I think I may give it a go! I found this on Amazon it looks pretty legit, what do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/New-Top-O-Matic-C ... er+machine


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:19 am
Posts: 465
Location: San Jose...not Reseda, CA
I dont smoke tobacco and can barely spell it. Have you smokers tried vaporizers? Im in a band with 2 guys that use them and they seem like the way to go these days. Healthier and you can smoke anywhere. I hate tobacco smoke but those things don't bother me one bit and supposedly does the fix.
May be a healthier alternative... :smoke:

_________________
Music > Everything
CLETUS must now, regretfully, dispose of the ones who refuse to alter their unmusical ways.
http://www.vulturesawait.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am
Posts: 108
Location: Bakersfield, California
Also I was going to ask how much tobacco does it take to make 1000 cigarettes? Ounces preferably.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am
Posts: 108
Location: Bakersfield, California
OK this topic has really gotten me interested in rolling my own cigarettes and I have done some math. I can get 1000 tubes for $17 and the rolling machine for $43, and I can also get a 1 LB bag of tobacco for $15, the grand total being $75. I also calculated how much it would cost for 50 packs of cigarettes (50 X 20 = 1000 cigarettes) and here it would be an average of about $5 a pack, thus resulting in $250 minimum. I will only have to buy the rolling machine once, so every couple weeks or months or whatever I will only have to spend $17 on the tubes and $15 on the rolling tobacco, not bad not bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:28 am
Posts: 145
i roll my own american spirits. tasty and way cheaper. (i do live in Hawai'i where cigs are damn expensive.) just bought an e-cig (vaporizer) and i love it. yes i smoke every where and though i do still smoke my rollies, i smoke them a LOT less.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19335
Location: Somewhere in time
Jordan wrote:
Plook wrote:
Two cartons for less than 25 dollars, but it is a skill that must be developed and I use long cut pipe tabacco (there has never been a solid link between pipe tabacoo and cancer)...the pull type roller for the tubes is a must. I have been doing it for 4 years now and I can get about a pack in a half hour when I am on a roll (pun intended). During football season I can get five packs in a game, they are fatter than regular smokes so only 17 fit in a pack.

:smoke:

That sounds pretty awesome actually, I think I may give it a go! I found this on Amazon it looks pretty legit, what do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/New-Top-O-Matic-C ... er+machine



Thats the high dollar one, I never tried it, looks like it should work... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am
Posts: 108
Location: Bakersfield, California
Plook wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Plook wrote:
Two cartons for less than 25 dollars, but it is a skill that must be developed and I use long cut pipe tabacco (there has never been a solid link between pipe tabacoo and cancer)...the pull type roller for the tubes is a must. I have been doing it for 4 years now and I can get about a pack in a half hour when I am on a roll (pun intended). During football season I can get five packs in a game, they are fatter than regular smokes so only 17 fit in a pack.

:smoke:

That sounds pretty awesome actually, I think I may give it a go! I found this on Amazon it looks pretty legit, what do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/New-Top-O-Matic-C ... er+machine

Are they pretty easy to learn how to use?

Thats the high dollar one, I never tried it, looks like it should work... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am
Posts: 108
Location: Bakersfield, California
I meant to ask if those are easy to use?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am
Posts: 108
Location: Bakersfield, California
I bought a stupid little roller today for 6 bucks and it's hard to work, and on top of that I got the wrong size papers. :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19335
Location: Somewhere in time
Jordan wrote:
I bought a stupid little roller today for 6 bucks and it's hard to work, and on top of that I got the wrong size papers. :x



You want the pull back, Top makes a good one and tubes with a built in filter, the trick is learning how much tobacco to put in with out it malfunctioning and you need some shake on the side to pack in after the pull action...I use a small brass nail to tamp it down, get hundred tubes and dont try to fill to the top our you'll waste a lot of time...Good luck and healthy smoking!

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:03 am
Posts: 1622
Location: Italia
MIZZU wrote:
yes I do.<br>12/15 golden virginia self-made cigarettes... I'm sorry but I love smoking... :)



in the last 8-9 years I moved from 12-15 to 20 and more...rolled.
I moved from golden virginia to DRUM.

in the meantime, my voice decreased of an octave and now I can sing only Lou Reed's songs...

now I'm trying to decrease also the number of cigarettes.
4-6 every day.

I still love smoking but I'm sick of big quantities...

_________________
God is is.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], deuce, Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group