Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:27 pm 

Plook wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Plook wrote:
I roll my own tabacco all natural healthy, no additives, green cigarettes... :smoke:

Will it still give you cancer?

Chancers go don't when you eleminate all the chemicals added to manufactured ciggs... :smoke:

I heard it's cheaper to do as well, is that true? I am interested in starting to roll.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:34 pm 

Two cartons for less than 25 dollars, but it is a skill that must be developed and I use long cut pipe tabacco (there has never been a solid link between pipe tabacoo and cancer)...the pull type roller for the tubes is a must. I have been doing it for 4 years now and I can get about a pack in a half hour when I am on a roll (pun intended). During football season I can get five packs in a game, they are fatter than regular smokes so only 17 fit in a pack.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:39 pm 

Plook wrote:
Two cartons for less than 25 dollars, but it is a skill that must be developed and I use long cut pipe tabacco (there has never been a solid link between pipe tabacoo and cancer)...the pull type roller for the tubes is a must. I have been doing it for 4 years now and I can get about a pack in a half hour when I am on a roll (pun intended). During football season I can get five packs in a game, they are fatter than regular smokes so only 17 fit in a pack.

That sounds pretty awesome actually, I think I may give it a go! I found this on Amazon it looks pretty legit, what do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/New-Top-O-Matic-C ... er+machine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:40 pm 

I dont smoke tobacco and can barely spell it. Have you smokers tried vaporizers? Im in a band with 2 guys that use them and they seem like the way to go these days. Healthier and you can smoke anywhere. I hate tobacco smoke but those things don't bother me one bit and supposedly does the fix.
May be a healthier alternative... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:07 pm 

Also I was going to ask how much tobacco does it take to make 1000 cigarettes? Ounces preferably.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:33 pm 

OK this topic has really gotten me interested in rolling my own cigarettes and I have done some math. I can get 1000 tubes for $17 and the rolling machine for $43, and I can also get a 1 LB bag of tobacco for $15, the grand total being $75. I also calculated how much it would cost for 50 packs of cigarettes (50 X 20 = 1000 cigarettes) and here it would be an average of about $5 a pack, thus resulting in $250 minimum. I will only have to buy the rolling machine once, so every couple weeks or months or whatever I will only have to spend $17 on the tubes and $15 on the rolling tobacco, not bad not bad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:57 pm 

i roll my own american spirits. tasty and way cheaper. (i do live in Hawai'i where cigs are damn expensive.) just bought an e-cig (vaporizer) and i love it. yes i smoke every where and though i do still smoke my rollies, i smoke them a LOT less.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:31 pm 

Jordan wrote:
Plook wrote:

That sounds pretty awesome actually, I think I may give it a go! I found this on Amazon it looks pretty legit, what do you think?

Thats the high dollar one, I never tried it, looks like it should work... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:51 pm 

Plook wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Plook wrote:

Are they pretty easy to learn how to use?

Thats the high dollar one, I never tried it, looks like it should work... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:49 am 

I meant to ask if those are easy to use?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:41 pm 

I bought a stupid little roller today for 6 bucks and it's hard to work, and on top of that I got the wrong size papers. :x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:26 am 

Jordan wrote:
I bought a stupid little roller today for 6 bucks and it's hard to work, and on top of that I got the wrong size papers. :x

You want the pull back, Top makes a good one and tubes with a built in filter, the trick is learning how much tobacco to put in with out it malfunctioning and you need some shake on the side to pack in after the pull action...I use a small brass nail to tamp it down, get hundred tubes and dont try to fill to the top our you'll waste a lot of time...Good luck and healthy smoking!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 am 

MIZZU wrote:
yes I do.<br>12/15 golden virginia self-made cigarettes... I'm sorry but I love smoking... :)

in the last 8-9 years I moved from 12-15 to 20 and more...rolled.
I moved from golden virginia to DRUM.

in the meantime, my voice decreased of an octave and now I can sing only Lou Reed's songs...

now I'm trying to decrease also the number of cigarettes.
4-6 every day.

I still love smoking but I'm sick of big quantities...