Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CDs prices falling
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 pm 

"Universal Music Group will drop the prices on the majority of its new CD releases to between six and 10 dollars. This plan — dubbed the Velocity program — will go into effect in the second quarter of this year."

quoted from here: http://mashable.com/2010/03/18/universal-cd/

Soooo, how much are the Zappa CDs going for?

Post subject: Re: CDs prices falling
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:30 pm 

Look at the date of that article, dummy!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:43 pm 

Eh, I'm sure we've all made a similar mistake.

Last edited by zomby'sprog on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:22 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:06 am 

I know JPFunk is the type to bully, but other guys, please refrain from that: it's great somebody manages to crack the 10 post limitations here. We need new members all the time to keep the site alive: the reason why this board becomes so uninteresting is there aren't enough neophytes to bring in fresh stories, ideas and questions.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:50 am 

And fresh blood! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:38 am 

jaypfunk wrote:

I was only pointing out the strategy of UMe was to drive prices down. Your assumption that I was unaware of the age of the article makes an ass out of at least one of us.

The vision of the Zappa catalog with stickers marked '2fer$9' and crammed into cardboard bins alongside unwanted & undersold releases from unknown or has-been artists makes me sick to my stomach. That Frank Zappa's lifework would wind up in the cutout bins in the dark corners of a WalMart is unthinkable.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:51 am 

BBP wrote:
I know JPFunk is the type to bully, but other guys, please refrain from that: it's great somebody manages to crack the 10 post limitations here. We need new members all the time to keep the site alive: the reason why this board becomes so uninteresting is there aren't enough neophytes to bring in fresh stories, ideas and questions.

On the internet there are no bullies. I read that as just his way of asking if I was aware that the article was two years old. I suppose I could have been more thorough by stating why I pointed this article out but never considered others opinions or thoughts. Of course, the thread would have been better served if JP would have suggested that a two year old program was no longer relevant, or asked if I was aware that this started 24 months ago, but anyone who has prowled this site knows he shoots from the hip . No problems here.

(and I've been around for a few years, formerly justw, but recently hosed up my old account changing emails and rather than jump thru all the hoops to try to get the admin to fix it just started over)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:01 am 

BBP wrote:

Yep, I think you've got a point. But, I believe it was in fun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:45 am 

F.Natural wrote:
On the internet there are no bullies.

That's wishful thinking and sadly not true. Bullying is extremely popular on the web, particularly in communities with school kids, on MSN etc. Here too people have been bullied. You may have recognized JPFunk's message, but still that's no way to address someone: a person who doesn't know him would be deterred. I felt need to defend you because the second poster needed to quote it and say hahaha, and the third also made fun of you by posting Nelson: not a way to get new users in. Since there have been a lot of complaints about the lack of new users, it seems odd to me that people taunt them here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:09 am 

jaypfunk wrote:

JP's quotes are the reason I joined this forum. Always entertaining!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:06 am 

BBP wrote:
F.Natural wrote:
On the internet there are no bullies.

That's wishful thinking and sadly not true. Bullying is extremely popular on the web, particularly in communities with school kids, on MSN etc. Here too people have been bullied. You may have recognized JPFunk's message, but still that's no way to address someone: a person who doesn't know him would be deterred. I felt need to defend you because the second poster needed to quote it and say hahaha, and the third also made fun of you by posting Nelson: not a way to get new users in. Since there have been a lot of complaints about the lack of new users, it seems odd to me that people taunt them here.

Most of the ribbing here is good natured and sometimes deserved. One of the problems with this type of communication is it is difficult to read people or their emotions. Over the long run you can pick out the people who are downright abusive or have an agenda. That's what the PLONK tool is for. JP is fine. He bumps up against the line of decency sometimes but doesn't seem to cross it.
As for kids, their parents should supervise their internet time and educate them about the world. It's like the 'Wild West' out here as you are exposed to the world, 'Warts and All'. Maybe someone should write a book or have classroom time to educate people about interacting on these faceless mediums. I don't mean the givers like JP but the readers so they aren't so sensitve, which doesn't mean BBP, but the extreme cases you referred to.
Maybe since I've been using the web since the beginning of it's time I'm less sensitive to that or maybe because I truley don't care what anyone thinks.
(way too deep for this forum, I don't want to start sounding like .... You Know Who.....)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:16 am 

BBP wrote:

Shut the fuck up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:41 am 

That's not funny Cal, sorry to disappoint you.

F.Natural: you get JP, but not everybody will and since you had a low post count and recent joining date, I assumed you were a noob. I do feel new members need a bit of sheltering before they are exposed to The Guy Who Thinks Saying Fuck A Lot Actually Gets You A Screw.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:20 am 

Sometimes saying "Fuck" a lot does get you a screw. I had a friend in the army who asked damn near every girl in El Paso if they wanted to fuck. He said about one time out of twenty it worked. He got slapped a lot and kicked in the nuts now and then, but he still got more pussy than the rest of us. I could never quite bring myself to use his opening line and verify his statistics.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:07 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
Sometimes saying "Fuck" a lot does get you a screw. I had a friend in the army who asked damn near every girl in El Paso if they wanted to fuck. He said about one time out of twenty it worked. He got slapped a lot and kicked in the nuts now and then, but he still got more pussy than the rest of us. I could never quite bring myself to use his opening line and verify his statistics.

But how do you know he got more pussy than you? Were you next door and could you hear all the screams, or did you just have to take your word for it? I wouldn't know any girl who'd say yes to that kind of approach. Life isn't Jersey Shore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:38 pm 

BBP wrote:
I felt need to defend you because the second poster needed to quote it and say hahaha, and the third also made fun of you by posting Nelson: not a way to get new users in.

Yeah, I changed my post. I am a new user (but long time Zappa fan), but stayed on the outside for a very long time, because I saw how some people are on this forum.

The best thing I can say is, don't take anything too seriously. It's just the internet, not a good idea to be too thin-skinned. However, I altered my post so as not to seem abusive.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:16 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:

I think most of us guys have known the guy that uses the "the more times I hit on chicks the better chance I have of getting laid" strategy. That guy is also the guy that most people (men or women) consider an asshole.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm 

BBP wrote:

You didn't hear the way I typed it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:48 pm 

S'true Bonny, he does type funny.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:33 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
BBP wrote:

Too bad, Cal. She's not gonna be the new aspydoodle...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:51 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
BBP wrote:

Too bad, Cal. She's not gonna be the new aspydoodle...

:twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 pm 

We talking Aspy? What happened to Aspy? Something to do with children or something? So sad.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:04 pm 

Sam I Am wrote:
We talking Aspy? What happened to Aspy? Something to do with children or something? So sad.

Maybe somebody else can say. I can't.

:cry:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:34 am 

Sam I Am wrote:

Life took a good turn for Aspy, she got an education and a job, a husband and an extra baby on top of the daughter and three step-kids she got. So I guess she's busy.