Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 148  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:55 pm 

Yup, my big one was when a great friend who spent the weekend on my couch away from his wife. He wound up "making up" with her (something he had done several times over those months) and I texted my (at the time) wife and said something along the lines of: "Oh God! Guess who's going back to Bonnie yet again?" He wrote back and said something like: "Um, did you mean to send this to me?"

I called him right away and apologized a million times. He said he would have done the same thing. Ironically, both of us got divorced within 12 months of that incident anyhow. :wink: :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:50 pm 

Think positive Plook.I hope it all blows over with no hard feelings.Who could stay mad at you anyway! Your TMIMITW and don't forget it! :wink:
Now,lettuce spray. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:19 pm 

Don't worry Plook, I'm always looking for good officials for youth basketball games. No smoking though. :smoke:

Just kidding, I hope everything works out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:14 am 

So far so good, I think I am just going to lay low and say nothing, If he was going to act it would have happened by now...he is one of those Texas boys they got thick skin, I'm sure he has heard stuff like that before. I usually don't fire away like that, I don't know what I was thinking, I know that the first thing out of my mouth is probably what should not be said!

:smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:13 am 

Plook wrote:
So far so good, I think I am just going to lay low and say nothing, If he was going to act it would have happened by now...he is one of those Texas boys they got thick skin, I'm sure he has heard stuff like that before. I usually don't fire away like that, I don't know what I was thinking, I know that the first thing out of my mouth is probably what should not be said!

So ya mean I'm not really a worthless long haired radical anarchist,a dreg of society with no asperations of being anything but an albatross on the concience of mankind and a dope smokin' fool taboot! Whew,what a relief,I thought you were serious there for a second! :mrgreen:

Your a good man Plook and your hearts in the right place.All will work out for the best,you'll see. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:59 pm 

Mrs.Plook and I are leaving in the morning for Monterey and then Morro Bay for a weeks vacation, got a cool room right on the beach at Seaside with my Hotel points, a cool Mitsubishi Endeavor from Hertz with my points, and Mrs.Plook finagled a cottage on the bay for 6 days for an incredibly low price.

I will check in when possible…see ya all at the beach!

Beach Bums rule… :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:23 pm 

Enjoy yer holiday ya magnificent bastard.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:31 pm 

Sam I Am wrote:
Enjoy yer holiday ya magnificent bastard.

+1 8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:54 am 

I love Morro Bay. Have fun, Plookster.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:59 pm 

Well we made it to Monterey have a good room, goes down a lot easier when its free, but it is freaking packed here...good thing its only one day! They are having an Art and Wine Festival they have all the streets leading to Light House road closed and it is set up like a farmers market / street festival. We decided to take the 17 Mile Drive, man it is awesome! We brought a book on tape, we enjoy listening while driving, James Patterson Mary Mary (Alex Cross) what a sensational book. Well we are debating Clam Chowder at Fishermen’s Warf but it may be just too crowded to get down there, I just have never seen so many people here as we did today, you literally can't go anywhere. Well I will update ya all later.

Oh BTW I used to put internet backbone equipment in down here many years ago and would often stay here, I ran into Clint Eastwood on the Warf at lunch once and we had some passing words...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:19 am 

Headed to Morro Bay this morning, one of the most beautiful drives in the world through Big Sur...se ya later... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 am 

Plook wrote:
Well we made it to Monterey have a good room, goes down a lot easier when its free, but it is freaking packed here...good thing its only one day! They are having an Art and Wine Festival they have all the streets leading to Light House road closed and it is set up like a farmers market / street festival. We decided to take the 17 Mile Drive, man it is awesome! We brought a book on tape, we enjoy listening while driving, James Patterson Mary Mary (Alex Cross) what a sensational book. Well we are debating Clam Chowder at Fishermen’s Warf but it may be just too crowded to get down there, I just have never seen so many people here as we did today, you literally can't go anywhere. Well I will update ya all later.

Oh BTW I used to put internet backbone equipment in down here many years ago and would often stay here, I ran into Clint Eastwood on the Warf at lunch once and we had some passing words...

Clint must have thought you were a chair.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:40 am 

Plook wrote:
Headed to Morro Bay this morning, one of the most beautiful drives in the world through Big Sur...se ya later... :smoke:

Photos?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:25 pm 

I have to set up photo bucket, this site hasn't had an attachment function that worked for 3 years...This freaking cottage is amazing, about 700 sq ft, the front room has 3 sliding glass doors that lead to our private deck that is at least 500 sq ft with a Jacuzzi, separate bath, 2 sinks, a huge tile tub with a picture window, a huge glass block shower, the commode is separate, and walk in closet, small dinning table, wet bar, small coach, and chair. Watching football on a flat screen, the whole place is enclosed from the grounds by white fence total privacy with a lattice type frame to the bay and literally on the water. Great views everywhere, golf course across the street and we are inside of a bird sanctuary.

Tide is going out so all the anchored boats turned, sun is setting in about an hour I am sure that we are in for a great show.

My wife done good!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:36 pm 

This morning the bay was like glass so quiet you could hear birds flapping their wings from hundreds of feet away, the anchovies are running and the seals herd them to shallow water when the strike the fish jump from the water, this in turn causes the pelicans to dive bomb the water to retrieve a beak full of fish that you can see them swallow as the resurface. Some species of ducks hang out on the perimeter to gather the occasional stray fish we have heard of and the seagulls are there to clean up after anyone who drops a scrap.

While the whole time a Blue Heron standing at least 4 feet tall hangs in the shallows, when he flies his wing span has to be 5 to 6 feet minimum.
There are at least 3 types of pelicans including white ones that I mistook for swans until I got my binoculars out. When they take off they not only flap their wings but use their webbed feet to help propel them, as if they are running on water as they pick up speed.

The amount of marine wild life here is amazing, I climbed down from the deck across a ice plant covered slope to the beach below and ventured around during low tide. I found a cool walking stick of drift wood and the entire skeletal leg of a heron in tack, the circle of life.

Pretty cool day… :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:27 am 

Well we are on our last full day here, we are really enjoying this circle of life thing being on the bay...talk to ya later... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:51 pm 

Sounds fabulous! I await the pics.....

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:28 am 

We made it home safe yesterday drove srtaight away and dropped off car at Airport and our daughter Plook the younger brought us home...we love our home but what a snap back to reality, well headed out to golf talk it you later.

If anyone has esuggestions on an easy way to set up to post pictures please feel free to leave comments, we really want you all to see some photos... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:25 am 

Plook wrote:
We made it home safe yesterday drove srtaight away and dropped off car at Airport and our daughter Plook the younger brought us home...we love our home but what a snap back to reality, well headed out to golf talk it you later.

If anyone has esuggestions on an easy way to set up to post pictures please feel free to leave comments, we really want you all to see some photos... :smoke:

Flickr.com

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:41 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Plook wrote:

Flickr.com

That's what I use, and it's FREE!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:56 pm 

Thanks Gents

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:32 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
If you came to Omaha, there's no way I'd meet you now. It's been too long. I have FEELINGS.

Just for that Im coming looking for you, lol...I may make it to nebraska yet I am working some huge build outs by T-Mobile and Sprint that include more rural areas... :smoke:

I said Good Day, sir.

Cal if I'm in Omaha in Nov. 8 or 9 would you like to meet for lunch?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 am 

Has no one told you that he actually lives in the Philadelphia area?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:37 am 

Pope Jim wrote:

He's not talking about the "real" Cal, he's talking about "Calvin and his next 2 hitchhikers" zappa.com Cal :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:06 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:

He's not talking about the "real" Cal, he's talking about "Calvin and his next 2 hitchhikers" zappa.com Cal :wink:

Hey PIB I will be seeing you soon, a couple of questions:

Do I get special seating for the show?
Is a Limo picking me up at my Hotel?
Is a free dinner and drinks part of the package?

Since you hit the BIG TIMES, I am just curious how much of the frothing crème of success drips down to the lowly entourage? :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 148  Next