Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 130  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 pm 

Plook wrote:
Hey PIB I will be seeing you soon, a couple of questions:

Do I get special seating for the show?
Is a Limo picking me up at my Hotel?
Is a free dinner and drinks part of the package?

Since you hit the BIG TIMES, I am just curious how much of the frothing crème of success drips down to the lowly entourage? :mrgreen:

:smoke:

Let me start off my reply with heaping gobs of maniacal laughter.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not that that's out of the way, please direct all of these questions to my PR staff as I don't have time for answering these trivialities. :smoke:

Re: Trickle Down > 1% of success trickled down amounts to about .25%. Consider that my "tithing" :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:46 am 

Well I leave tomorrow for Dallas and on to Chicago where I will be hanging out a little with my good friend PIB. I've had it easy hanging around Cali the last Month and a Half and actually worked in Sacramento and Rocklin last week which is very close to where I live and the closest I have ever worked to home since I joined this company 18 months ago (aside from being at my home office doing admin).

The daughter Plook the Elder and her Fiancée went to some super hip thing in Lake Tahoe (I'm not sure what since I am no longer cool) and they left the Granddaughter Plook for a day and a half with Mrs Plook and I.

Well it was my birthday yesterday and I was going Golfing early , so Mrs.Plook decided to wrap some presents with Izzy and have a little mini birthday event Friday night with her.

After we were done Izzy was on the couch with Mrs Plooks IPhone, which the girl can operate fairly well for 2 years and 3 months of age, well she was really concentrating scrolling searching , it was so hilarious I took a picture. A couple minutes later she says Papa and plays a video from her birthday of people singing Happy Birthday, she doesn’t no the words and has trouble holding a tune (27 months) but she was trying her best.

Needless to say I was floored and touched, I just cant get by her skill with an IPhone and to know in all the hundreds of videos my wife has on her phone how to search out that one because she new she needed to play that song for me at that time, man it just blows my mind!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:39 am 

Happy birthday Plook! :!: :!: :!:

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:24 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:

Thanks Bro...Can you believe that Izzy, i will show you the photo when i see you... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:27 am 

Plook wrote:
Thanks Bro...Can you believe that Izzy, i will show you the photo when i see you... :mrgreen:

Sounds like a pretty awesome moment! :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:25 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:

+ 1 man! Izzie probably had it on favorites! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:00 am 

Headed to the airport see ya all fro0m Dallas!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:16 pm 

Your birthday? No shit? If so, zippity zappity do-day to you, and a papal indulgence good for one night only. Get decadent!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:38 am 

Made it to Dallas yesterday, very long day had to get up at 2:30am for flight, flew to Houston for a connector. It was about a half hour late, got boarded and they discovered we had a flat tire (someone must have kicked it...lol), that took another half hour to fix, finally made it. I am headed downtown to check one of the National Hubs with an incrediably full schedule, I will need my best Kung Fu today...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:36 am 

Got up at 5:30 am yesterday after a shit load of admin I had and I did the gym at the Hotel (trying to stay in shape) I headed in, made it to downtown Dallas by 9:30am. My freaking badge would not work right at the get go and had to make it to the 15th floor of a super secure building, fortunately when I called access control I got someone with mad skills and they got my card working right away.

After doing (4) big audits over 6 hours headed back to Frisco and started writing reports, had a quick dinner at an Irish Pub and I worked until 11:30 and finally fell asleep around midnight. I had to get up at 5:30am got some coffee and proof read, holy shit I was tired some of that crap made no sense, I was lost in a quagmire of technical jargon...lol, all is well now just need to publish.

In order to have time this weekend in Chicago to go see PIB perform I have to have all my reports done before Saturday night (or at least 90%), so I will be working night and day. I can only hope his band is as good live as they are on their releases, I hope I don’t pass out from exhaustion either…lol.

Well headed back to downtown Dallas for Sprint audits today (the Network Vision you may have seen commercials about) and if all go’s well I will hit Fort Worth also, have two buildings there. All must be complete by Thursday since I fly to Chicago Friday.

I’m still better off then the people doing the T-Mobile 4G build out (they are running commercials ever 5 minutes for this), they have to have 12,000 sites and all the Core Site builds done by Christmas and they started in August, good luck with that. I do have to check some Core sites next month in the LA area, but I don’t have to drive around to every Radio Base Site in the US.

Talk to ya all later, need to grab my cowboy boots and hat and saddle up the pygmy pony and ride into the dawn... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:01 am 

Fear not, Plook - we will put on a great shoe... (poor Ed Sullivan impression) :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:11 pm 

I have faith in you my friend...I will call when I get into town tomorrow...Got all the audits done but the PM for Fort Worth tried to play hide the job on me but he didn't know who he was dealing with, if I wanted to be a dick I could hang him out to dry with the two reports I have. He did cost me a couple of hours in the field and I got stuck in incredable traffic, but I think I will do him a favor, then one day he can maybe do me a favor if ya know what I mean.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:57 am 

Headed to the Friendly sky's or as Izzy says "Papa in the plane in the sky..."... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:55 am 

Made it safe, let the games begin!... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:04 pm 

Going to PIB's show tonight, may head out early and work as a roady... :mrgreen: ...should be seeing some other Forum members there, that will be cool... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:55 am 

Saw PIB's band Saturday night, met his amazing wife and friends, everyone was very kind and welcoming. Arkay his wonderful wife were there and it was like seeing old friends, what very good people they are, Arkay is a very generous man and spent time putting together some CD’s for me and I can not thank him enough for that.

There were two early acts that were very good, the music scene in Chicago is very rich and vibrant. PIB’s band is excellent, they are very skilled and professional. Like Frank PIB likes to lean to the more complex and difficult, they execute it well. PIB is an awesome keyboardist and very good singer back up by a robust drummer, strong bass player, and two guitarist that can hold their own with anyone and together are remarkable.

The amount of time and effort that PIB puts into his product is self evident, his adding of video to the show enriched the experience and seemed effortless, but I know was technologically and production wise difficult to say the least, and had an uncertain aspect right up to show time.

The writing of his music is also excellent and I find a couple of songs to be what I would consider as “epic”, this band could be famous and successful at levels that know no bounds, they just need a break.

Chicago is my kind of town and it is the people and their hospitality that make it so when I am there. Again guys and gals thank you again for showing me such a good time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:04 am 

Yes, its true, I met Mr. Plook! He was skateboarding all over the venue, no seriously it was great to meet another FZF member. Fischer's Flicker was as impressive as the last show. Miss Kitty liked PIB's voice and a friend of mine bought some discs, so some validation there for any non-believers! :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 am 

Thanks so much, both of you, for the kind words. Like Plook said, I work my ass off on the project and it's "thumbs up" from you guys that makes it worth it. That, to me, is success ('course a 5 dollar bill and an overcoat too wouldn't hurt!) This week starts my big P.R. push so I'm interested to see what can come of it... new "territory" for the likes of me. :wink:

If I heard right, Plook - you're in town until Thursday... hit me up if you got some time before then and we'll grab a drink or something...
And Arkay, thanks so much for the discs! I too will be digesting them throughout the week (or maybe I should say weeks from the looks of it!) 8)

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:06 am 

I saw your ruminations on prehistoric civilizations and thought you might enjoy my science fiction novel, Hubble, in which "aliens" from a successor civilization of Atlantis try to shut down the Hubble space telescope, only to discover that we put up a warped piece of junk. Go to Amazon.com/books and write in "Hubble by Jim Wilson." The Earthside action centers around the Bay area, Sacramento and Lake Tahoe, places I suspect you're familiar with. Amazon recently lowered the price $6.00 and the e-book version's even cheaper. Check it out. Help put my illegitimate grandchildren through meat-cutting school.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:45 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
I saw your ruminations on prehistoric civilizations and thought you might enjoy my science fiction novel, Hubble, in which "aliens" from a successor civilization of Atlantis try to shut down the Hubble space telescope, only to discover that we put up a warped piece of junk. Go to Amazon.com/books and write in "Hubble by Jim Wilson." The Earthside action centers around the Bay area, Sacramento and Lake Tahoe, places I suspect you're familiar with. Amazon recently lowered the price $6.00 and the e-book version's even cheaper. Check it out. Help put my illegitimate grandchildren through meat-cutting school.

I will, the best apocalyptic fiction I ever read was “Lucifer’s Hammer” an excellent story of a comet hitting earth, dated to the 70’s but an excellent story.

I recently finished Chris Dunn’s Forgotten Technologies, he’s a Master Machinist and Aerospace Design Engineer, he shows examples in Egyptian statues and buildings techniques that can only be constructed using “machining” tools. He also has traversed Egypt and found many examples of machine tool marks, these are marks that can only be caused by mechanized tools. His research is a slam dunk. While we may not know what kind of tools these were or how they were powered we know they existed, like fingerprints they left their mark.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:25 pm 

I just reread Lucifer's Hammer last summer. It holds up well over the years. I'll check out your Egyptian source, sounds cool.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:33 pm 

Went to dinner with PIB and had a great time, we were talking some deep Cosmic shit...headed home tomorrow, thank god...unfortunately I have been picked for a crack team to go figure out some issues Cincinatti Bell Wireless is having, I am representing field quality, I have to fly back out Monday which is supposed to be my week at home and when I get back start a wirlwind tour of California.

So if anyone lives in the Cincinatti area I am on a tight schedule but would try to make time to meet, let me know... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 pm 

Plook wrote:
Went to dinner with PIB and had a great time, we were talking some deep Cosmic shit...headed home tomorrow, thank god...unfortunately I have been picked for a crack team to go figure out some issues Cincinatti Bell Wireless is having, I am representing field quality, I have to fly back out Monday which is supposed to be my week at home and when I get back start a wirlwind tour of California.

So if anyone lives in the Cincinatti area I am on a tight schedule but would try to make time to meet, let me know... :smoke:

Unfortunately? I hope the VP doesn't read "Plook on Tour"! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:54 am 

Going to the airport headed home for a couple days...thank god, see you all on the otherside... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:49 pm 

Hope you made it safely...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 130  Next