Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13622
Location: Billy, the mountain...
Very impressive, Arkay...

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3462
Well the USA has a lower economic growth rate than, Cuba, china and even Russia, I hope we do not get to see that flexibility with Russia that Obama talked to Putin about, lets not forget an added 6.5 TRILLION in deficit in just 4 years, and the lie about ending most of the patriot act in fact it has been added to, the country cannot spend it's way to prosperity.. With another Obama term I see much higher gas prices as well as taxes to all due to never ending government over site. For Christ sake Obama has the fucking IRS implementing his Obama care !!!

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5658
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Bush left this country in an economic freefall losing 850,00 jobs per month. We've had over 40 months of economic growth now under Obama, despite the Republican party's every effort to block everything to stop growth in America. The only reason we even still have an economy right now is because Obama and the Democrat controlled House and Senate stopped the bleeding. As far as the defecit goes, it's around 16 trillion now. Obama added 4 trillion to it. Even if he added 6 trillion, most of the debt, 10+ trillion of it was created by Bush and the Republican controlled House and Senate. Gas prices now are lower than their highest levels under Bush. Health care is a human right, not a priveledge for rich people who can afford excessively high and unregulated insurance costs. I think BRAVO has alzheimers.

A few years back, three and a half years before Obama was in office, I had a medical crisis and no insurance, thanks to Bush killing the the last job I had where I worked for somebody else and was forced to file for bankruptsy protection. I almost lost my home because of excessive debt to the local medical monopoly known as Spectrum Health, and no way to pay for it. Fuck Republicans. Bunch of fucking Nazi fucks.


You should be thanking Obama that we still have an economy, and that gas prices haven't climbed as high as Bush's levels, and that Bin Laden is dead ect ect ect ect.

Romney on the other hand, bought a company that use to employ Americans, but was sold to China so they don't have to pay employee insurance costs (DUH DUMBASS-Obamacare will most likely save your life at some point), pay living wages (the Chinese girls at Romney's sweatshop are earning about $30 per month)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3462
I disagree health care in not a right. bottom line fewer people working now than 4 years ago. This economic approach will bankrupt the nation to the point that every one will be marginalised just like the soviet union economy, just to many people and not enough income to cover.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18809
Location: Somewhere in time
All I am saying is what I hear and see all over the country, this is it until the robber barons decide that they are burning out the workforce and decide to hire more people.

Bottom line everyone battened down the hatches when the crash hit and normal working people decided to give all they had and cover for those who lost their jobs, partly out of helping to save the company they worked for in an effort to also save their job, but later out of fear of loosing their job if they complained.

Companies are making record profits but they don't want to lesson the work load for those who covered for the loses, why have 2 or 3 employees if we can manipulate 1 in to doing the job and those who have been off 2 years or more are no longer considered viable candidates.

This is as good as it gets unless we have another natural boom like the tech boom in the 90's or a invented boom the housing boom in the early 2000's

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3462
It could happen now !! energy for one get the epa out of the way, increase trade with Mexico, they love our products, cause they are the best, the economic uncertainty is fueled by the deficit ;and big plus small investors are waiting out the election, there is the need to see who has the best plan to tackle the deficit and not tax the fuck out of the nation which seems to be what Obama is doing. That is taxing every one.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2805
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Meanwhile it was a drag to see Obama get his ass kicked by Romney in the debate tonight.…

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3503
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Hey DB, it seem like I'm being lumped into a group here, hmmm... I'm pretty sure I know Jack Shit about the economy, but not Jack Shit All. Anyway, it seems there are a few truthinesses about the economy:

1. No one knows a 100% guaranteed way to "fix" the economy or even a way that can be relied upon to successfully make this economy endure, much less prosper.
2. The people who have the power to "fix" the economy are all people who have the most to gain by keeping those who are currently on top, on top.
3. I can decide for myself if I think the economy is better or worse for me. If the economy has been getting better over the last 4 years for the US as a whole, well, thats what I hear from many sources. Who knows, maybe a ton of people are wrong.
4. If you want to live like a Republican, vote Democrat! :)


Well, I'm not sure who these "many sources" you talk about are? Because, while I agree things are slightly better than 2008, the "ton of people" you mention, ARE wrong. The FACTS state that as of August 2012, the U-3 unemployment rate (the official rate) is 8.1% and the U-6 unemployment rate is 14.7% (and is over 20% in Nevada and California) - which is far more accurate IMO because it takes into account part-time, marginally attached and underemployed workers. In a normal economy, the U-3 should be at 4-5% and the U-6 should be at 9-10%. That's a difference of literally at least 12 million jobs. And again, come 2013-2014, due to the imminently-bursting Treasury Securities bubble, the economic climate will apparently become FAR WORSE, unless the status-quo starts to look at the US financial systems differently and act more intelligently and appropriately.

This all actually reminds of me something. Remember when Clinton signed the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act (The Banking Act of 1933) in 1999? Well, it definitely contributed to the current economic crisis. And hence, this mess wasn't just the fault of bankers, financial institutions or George W. Bush, etc.

Anyway, if people want to help better their country, maybe they should start voting for what's best for their country and not what's best for them personally. And maybe instead of supporting or voting for tweedle-dee or tweedle-dumb, they should vote or support someone who has the integrity, experience, qualifications and financial expertise to help get us out of this mess, and who will uphold your constitutional rights and end the illegal, undeclared wars in the Middle East (that are costing the US taxpayer $30 million per hour) that are all about making oil barons and other associated profiteers wealthier? Which, not to mention, has more than helped to add to the US' $16 TRILLION+ dollar debt - $6 TRILLION+ of which has been added by Obamination in less than ONLY 4 years. And here's a pic of the ONLY candidate with the above skills for the gig of US Presidency...

Image

And no, he's not particularly good lookin', nor does he have a good haircut, like those other guys. And yes, part of the 1% that currently have the power to "fix" the economy are extremely tough to infiltrate, let alone conquer. So, it won't be won't be easy and it won't be a walk in the park. But over the past 5 or so years, the above candidate has successfully presented and sustained hope in your country...for some. So, at least it's a start...

Oh...and Gary Johnson's a pretty good choice as well... :wink:

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Well the USA has a lower economic growth rate than, Cuba, china and even Russia, I hope we do not get to see that flexibility with Russia that Obama talked to Putin about, lets not forget an added 6.5 TRILLION in deficit in just 4 years, and the lie about ending most of the patriot act in fact it has been added to, the country cannot spend it's way to prosperity.. With another Obama term I see much higher gas prices as well as taxes to all due to never ending government over site. For Christ sake Obama has the fucking IRS implementing his Obama care !!!

It could happen now !! energy for one get the epa out of the way, increase trade with Mexico, they love our products, cause they are the best, the economic uncertainty is fueled by the deficit ;and big plus small investors are waiting out the election, there is the need to see who has the best plan to tackle the deficit and not tax the fuck out of the nation which seems to be what Obama is doing. That is taxing every one.


VERY good points.

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Meanwhile it was a drag to see Obama get his ass kicked by Romney in the debate tonight.…


As much as I can't stand them both, I agree. Romney sure did kick the living shit out of Obama tonight. And I think as a result, Romney's polling #s will increase...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 2947
Location: Between the Badges
Disco Boy wrote:
.
Well, I'm not sure who these "many sources" you talk about are? Because, while I agree things are slightly better than 2008, the "ton of people" you mention, ARE wrong...

Yeah, I think you know who they are and you didn't prove them wrong, although you state it unequivocally. I wasn't sure if your previous comments were directed at me, but by your answers I guess they were. Yer makin this shit personal and that sucks. Unfortunately, it seems that you do consider me "truly disgusting and EXTREMELY ignorant", so I'll leave it at that.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18809
Location: Somewhere in time
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
.
Well, I'm not sure who these "many sources" you talk about are? Because, while I agree things are slightly better than 2008, the "ton of people" you mention, ARE wrong...

Yeah, I think you know who they are and you didn't prove them wrong, although you state it unequivocally. I wasn't sure if your previous comments were directed at me, but by your answers I guess they were. Yer makin this shit personal and that sucks. Unfortunately, it seems that you do consider me "truly disgusting and EXTREMELY ignorant", so I'll leave it at that.



This ones for you Arkay

DB

You do realize that most here and I am willing to say this is a pretty intelligent crowd, consider you hopelessly bound to a point of view that is both redundant in its presentation and lacking in basic supportability and when challenged is defended through childish attacks and regurgitation of so called facts that are at best half truths and more likely out right lies.

We know you think you’re helping but you lost us a long time ago, but now you are heading into Rush Limbaugh territory where you just scream the same crap louder and dress it up with funny graphics or long winded rants, while occasionally trying to bully people out of the conversation. That is not a dialog, that is just mean spirited, and a piece of crap is just fancy shit when dressed up.

Plook out!
:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Austin, TX (wherever I am)
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
It could happen now !! energy for one get the epa out of the way, increase trade with Mexico, they love our products, cause they are the best, the economic uncertainty is fueled by the deficit ;and big plus small investors are waiting out the election, there is the need to see who has the best plan to tackle the deficit and not tax the fuck out of the nation which seems to be what Obama is doing. That is taxing every one.


You mean that he will raise taxes in his second term, right? Obama has mostly cut taxes in his first term.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3462
Yes raise taxes, obamacare is a tax, supreme court decision, as well as many deductions and reductions set to expire at the end of the year. That is what the uncertainty is about.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Austin, TX (wherever I am)
Okay, but the obamacare tax only applies to the deadbeats who don't take responsibility for buying their own health insurance. How does that adversely affect anyone else?

Also, Obama is happy to continue most of the deductions and reductions. Why isn't congress taking him up on that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3503
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
.
Well, I'm not sure who these "many sources" you talk about are? Because, while I agree things are slightly better than 2008, the "ton of people" you mention, ARE wrong...

Yeah, I think you know who they are and you didn't prove them wrong, although you state it unequivocally.


All you mentioned were, "many sources" and a "ton of people." And no, I don't know specifically who they are. But I do know, at least when discussing the joblessness situation in your country, that I was being specific and presented FACTS that not only backed up my points but those FACTS also proved my points. Whereas, you were being vague (and still are) and unsuccessfully tried to back your points up. But by all means, if your, "many sources" and a "ton of people" can disprove the FACTUAL statistics I presented, please tell me who they are. You're a trustworthy person, so I'm kinda of curious to see what you've got...

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I wasn't sure if your previous comments were directed at me, but by your answers I guess they were. Yer makin this shit personal and that sucks. Unfortunately, it seems that you do consider me "truly disgusting and EXTREMELY ignorant", so I'll leave it at that.


No, I don't consider YOU, "truly disgusting and EXTREMELY ignorant." But if your belief that the economy is currently doing well just because you're doing well and can prove otherwise through your "many sources" and a "ton of people" that have either informed you of this and hence has formed your opinion on this matter and/or because you generally believe that's the case strictly because of your own current financial situation, then I find THAT opinion, "truly disgusting and EXTREMELY ignorant." Whether or not you still think that's personal, is up to you.

Plook wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
.
Well, I'm not sure who these "many sources" you talk about are? Because, while I agree things are slightly better than 2008, the "ton of people" you mention, ARE wrong...

Yeah, I think you know who they are and you didn't prove them wrong, although you state it unequivocally. I wasn't sure if your previous comments were directed at me, but by your answers I guess they were. Yer makin this shit personal and that sucks. Unfortunately, it seems that you do consider me "truly disgusting and EXTREMELY ignorant", so I'll leave it at that.



This ones for you Arkay

DB

You do realize that most here and I am willing to say this is a pretty intelligent crowd, consider you hopelessly bound to a point of view that is both redundant in its presentation and lacking in basic supportability and when challenged is defended through childish attacks and regurgitation of so called facts that are at best half truths and more likely out right lies.

We know you think you’re helping but you lost us a long time ago, but now you are heading into Rush Limbaugh territory where you just scream the same crap louder and dress it up with funny graphics or long winded rants, while occasionally trying to bully people out of the conversation. That is not a dialog, that is just mean spirited, and a piece of crap is just fancy shit when dressed up.

Plook out!
:smoke:


ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

You do realize that most here do NOT want you speaking on their behalf? And not ONE thing you've said has disproven the points I've made. So, STOP acting like that's the case. I've presented material and have made points that are more than valid. With the possible exception of SPACEBROTHER, you can't successfully argue that I've indulged in "childish attacks." And I've certainly not "bullied" anyone, nor am I even remotely entering "Rush Limbaugh territory", nor have I presented "half-truths" or "lies." I'm a straight-shooter. So, STOP accusing me of this shit when you can't for the life of you, back your shit up, nor can you construct a convincing argument to the contrary of what I've been saying.

Let me remind you that this is a forum and discussion occurs here.

You know, Plook, you're one step closer to entering SPACEBROTHER territory here. And that's NOT a good thing...:roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5658
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
There goes Isaac again. :roll:

BTW...nice ploy using other accounts of yours in the other thread claiming that you aren't who you really are. You must only pull the one out from 2002 only when you need to make it appear that somebody else agree's with you. You must have signed that one up when you were 11 years old. Nice try Isaac. :roll: Go back to Kmart chump.

Oh..how will Isaac Boy respond?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 338
Saw Obama in Madison today and I all I could think of was, what an ass clown and no I do not like rommy

_________________
Banned
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/banned


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 2947
Location: Between the Badges
DB, I wrote about how the economy is for me and seperately the US in general.
For me, the economy is great, tor the US, the economy is getting better. 24 straight months of job growth and just today the unemployment rate went below 8%. I'm sure everyone would like it better still, but there is no getting around the fact that better is better.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18809
Location: Somewhere in time
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
DB, I wrote about how the economy is for me and seperately the US in general.
For me, the economy is great, tor the US, the economy is getting better. 24 straight months of job growth and just today the unemployment rate went below 8%. I'm sure everyone would like it better still, but there is no getting around the fact that better is better.



They don't understand that the big companies are self inflicting this wound by not rehiring the many employees they let go to keep profits good, they have the remaining employees trained not to complain that they have to do the job of 2 or 3 people and handle work issues when they are on their off hours.

Further they do not see that is the Republican Party that has used the filibuster to stop any meaningful jobs legislation.

Also many of these people who have been laid off for 2 years or more may never be hired again by companies, due to their new outlook that the long term unemployed are non viable candidates for jobs, this may be 3% or more of the unemployed.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5658
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Considering that the unemployment rates and jobless numbers are at a four year low, the lowest since lower than when Obama took office, Disco Isaac can go suck a big one.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 ... rcent?lite


The best part is that, with seasonallly adjusted hiring just starting to pick up steam, the jobless/unemployment rate will likely hit a 6 or 7 year low before election day. The only way Rom,ney will win now is if they have successfully purged enough black, elderly and poor voters from the roles.


Of yeah, also, anybody who thinks health care is not a human right is a Nazi sympathiser. My health is not for sale to the highest profiteer. Thats just bullshit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18516
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Of yeah, also, anybody who thinks health care is not a human right is a Nazi sympathiser. My health is not for sale to the highest profiteer. Thats just bullshit.

Oh, so then anyone who thinks health care is a human right is a Jew sympathiser, and wants Iran bombed out of existance.

(Boy! Debating using Spacebrother's style is FUN!!)

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 912
just plain doug wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Of yeah, also, anybody who thinks health care is not a human right is a Nazi sympathiser. My health is not for sale to the highest profiteer. Thats just bullshit.

Oh, so then anyone who thinks health care is a human right is a Jew sympathiser, and wants Iran bombed out of existance.

(Boy! Debating using Spacebrother's style is FUN!!)



:lol: :lol: :lol:
8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3462
the Nazi crap again.... do you understand that in a Nazi government your health care is government owned, one party, No debating any issue, sounds like someone from kinda like obama wants.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 912
I'll wait for another week until the revised numbers come out . This administration has revised their numbers every month for the past 3 years , and the unemployment number has always gone up. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Chicago
The numbers are rigged. The polls are rigged. The media is rigged. The debate moderator was rigged even before the debate started. Libya is a cover up of a cover up. The fact checkers are rigged. The non-partisan CBO is rigged. :mrgreen:

Anyone see a pattern?

_________________
Plastic people. Oh baby now. You're such a drag.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18809
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro2 wrote:
I'll wait for another week until the revised numbers come out . This administration has revised their numbers every month for the past 3 years , and the unemployment number has always gone up. :roll:



I used to be a rigger in the Shipyards... :mrgreen:

ADP the largest payroll system in the US says employment went way up (162,000) last month, thats a solid real figure based souly on companies they perform a service for. If trending holds we most likely added at least another 50,000+ jobs (conservatively) in companies that do not use their service. It would be highly unusual if the unemployment number did not also drop...

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group