Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:24 am 

Nothing wrong with CD either,any recording in history can be fucked up with a bad remix CD or vinyl so what's your point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:05 pm 

Hi,

I'm down to about 2K LP's now ... and looking to bring it down to about 1K or so before I croak! :roll:

All in all, I'm happy that vinyl is in the past, but not happy that digital is still in its infancy and that digital, is still not as well recorded and with as much detail as the old stuff used to be. Nowadays, the mastering and some of the stuff done on digital, is killing the recording even more and taking out the real person within the music ... a personality quirk that used to be visible before that is being taken out.

All in all, vinyl was a product of its time ... after that the love sign went plastic and then went somewhere else and then died and disappeared. The idea that the record/LP thing was warmer is not true, anymore than you and I saying that the girls 40 years ago tasted different than 30 years ago or today ... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

We're basically comparing apples to oranges ... and when people decide to warm up their digintal recording instead of being lazy, the recordings will get warmer and better ... but right now, there are way too many way too cheaply recorded and mastered to make the choice and different worth the discussion!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 pm 

Moshkito wrote:
Hi,

I'm down to about 2K LP's now ... and looking to bring it down to about 1K or so before I croak! :roll:
Good LUCK :D

All in all, I'm happy that vinyl is in the past, but not happy that digital is still in its infancy and that digital, is still not as well recorded and with as much detail as the old stuff used to be.
You must be taking the piss "not well recorded" recorded sorted before Playback Which if Fuck Unbelievable :arrow:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12