Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:26 pm 

I understand db. see above post: the next one will go to the highest bidder/spender. I appreciate the valiant attempt by the Paul team and thank them. Quixotic, misguided, but valiant. The game is rigged. The R convention proves it for the right if they have eyes to see.
If Obama wins I'll thank Romney too for spending all that time+ money soaking up all that crazy and for temporarily distracting the wantonly right from the shiny prize, this round. I just can't thank people like FOX et al for driving us politically, economically against each other. If you can get along with that reality - and I think you do - then you're golden in my book.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:48 pm 

simplex II wrote:
I understand db. see above post: the next one will go to the highest bidder/spender. I appreciate the valiant attempt by the Paul team and thank them. Quixotic, misguided, but valiant. The game is rigged. The R convention proves it for the right if they have eyes to see.
If Obama wins I'll thank Romney too for spending all that time+ money soaking up all that crazy and for temporarily distracting the wantonly right from the shiny prize, this round. I just can't thank people like FOX et al for driving us politically, economically against each other. If you can get along with that reality - and I think you do - then you're golden in my book.

Yep...you definitely haven't read the bulk of my posts, at least on this topic...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:16 am 

ok, golden then, just not gold standard, okay? :o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:08 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
simplex II wrote:

Yep...you definitely haven't read the bulk of my posts, at least on this topic...

Let's see if he does it again!... :mrgreen:

You do realize that most here and I am willing to say this is a pretty intelligent crowd, consider you hopelessly bound to a point of view that is both redundant in its presentation and lacking in basic supportability and when challenged is defended through childish attacks and regurgitation of so called facts that are at best half truths and more likely out right lies.

We know you think you’re helping but you lost us a long time ago, but now you are heading into Rush Limbaugh territory where you just scream the same crap louder and dress it up with funny graphics or long winded rants, while occasionally trying to bully people out of the conversation. That is not a dialog, that is just mean spirited, and a piece of crap is just fancy shit when dressed up.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:08 pm 

Plook wrote:

You do realize that most here and I am willing to say this is a pretty intelligent crowd, consider you hopelessly bound to a point of view that is both redundant in its presentation and lacking in basic supportability and when challenged is defended through childish attacks and regurgitation of so called facts that are at best half truths and more likely out right lies.

We know you think you’re helping but you lost us a long time ago, but now you are heading into Rush Limbaugh territory where you just scream the same crap louder and dress it up with funny graphics or long winded rants, while occasionally trying to bully people out of the conversation. That is not a dialog, that is just mean spirited, and a piece of crap is just fancy shit when dressed up.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:10 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Plook wrote:

Disco Isaac sure knows an aweful lot about what it's like to be a retard... :lol: - viewtopic.php?p=557163#p557163

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:59 pm 

That train is never late... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:28 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
[Disco Isaac sure knows an aweful lot about what it's like to be a retard... :lol:

*Gasp* Spacebrother made a spelling mistake! He's really Plook! I knew it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:34 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
[Disco Isaac sure knows an aweful lot about what it's like to be a retard... :lol:

LMFAO... :mrgreen:

Hey stop cutting in on my action SB... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Plookbrother LOL

There haven't been many opportunities to get compromises in DC, the tea party nut balls are in charge. O has limitations, but he is qualitatively different than the party with the guy who thinks women have a special internal spermicide that they can just poot out if they get raped.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Disco Isaac sure knows an aweful lot about what it's like to be a retard... :lol: - viewtopic.php?p=557163#p557163

He probably would...if he existed.

Plook wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
tweedle-dumb wrote:

LMFAO... :mrgreen:

Hey stop cutting in on my action SB... :wink:

Don't you mean, "Hey, stop cutting in on my stagnation, SB"?

tweezers wrote:
There haven't been many opportunities to get compromises in DC, the tea party nut balls are in charge. O has limitations, but he is qualitatively different than the party with the guy who thinks women have a special internal spermicide that they can just poot out if they get raped.

Yeah...Obamination is so "qualitatively" different, that all of a sudden he now pretends to be in favour of gay marriage!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:50 am 

tweezers wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Plookbrother LOL

Plook seems pretty cool so I'd be glad to call him a brother from another Mother.

Also...Yep, Isaac is still here. Can we ban him again? Where's that dancing Ban gif when you need it? :?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:10 am 

[
Plook seems pretty cool so I'd be glad to call him a brother from another Mother.

Also...Yep, Isaac is still here. Can we ban him again? Where's that dancing Ban gif when you need it? :?[/quote]

Hey we are all, at least psychologically speaking, spawned by that Big Mother In the Sky.

Obama is more likely to support modernity. He has adopted the stupid warmongering ways of his predecessor. The choice is what it is - pandering warmonger vs. rich warmonger who lives for corporate welfare and doesn't believe in science. At times a tough choice, but a clear choice nonetheless.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 pm 

What corporate welfare!!! Obama gave the farm to the banks and gm , wow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 pm 

Mr BS,
One of my favorite Zappa songs is The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing. How about you?

On your post, that would be the same corporate welfare that helped give Mitt Romney a $4.5 million tax refund last year and through the help of capital gains taxes can pay the legal limit - handed down through laws that promote various forms of corporate welfare, not including what the FED does, not including lack of leadership in Congress and not including special one-offs like TARP and bailing out banks, 'necessary private industries' etc. - Mitt gets away with paying just under 14% of his annual income.

Bet that's a lot less, percentage wise than you. It is for me. That's because taxes are as low as they've been, progressively, since the 1950's and this has been the work of Congress over the last 30 years. Hasn't improved things at all. Except for the greediest of the greedheads. Are you one of these or just an aspirant?
sincerely,
your new pal in FZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:19 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Wow indeed. GM was a one time emergency loan that is almost paid back in full. Big agro, big ph-ar-ma, big oil, big insurance and Wall Street welfare is an ongoing teat to succle. Romney promotes parastitic corporate welfare mostly at the expense of disabled people, the elderly and veterans. To me, people who generally take your side of the political spectrum, more often than not, come off as souless and greedy. Not everybody wants to be forced to live in a fucking car or a tent because a corporation who is now considered a person took it from them to put it into their treasure chests located offshore.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:28 pm 

Plook wrote:
That train is never late...
The point about that picture that DB posted in response to your post is that it's ironically a an illustration of the behaviour you were describing - not the way you were behaving, which was cool, calm, collected and to the point.

I hate to say it, but in that case it is typical Isaac behaviour.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 pm 

tweezers wrote:
Obama is more likely to support modernity. He has adopted the stupid warmongering ways of his predecessor. The choice is what it is - pandering warmonger vs. rich warmonger who lives for corporate welfare and doesn't believe in science. At times a tough choice, but a clear choice nonetheless.
Please stop banging your head like this, you may end up not being able to tell the difference.

:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:04 pm 

polydigm wrote:
tweedle-dee wrote:
That train is never late...
The point about that picture that DB posted in response to your post is that it's ironically a an illustration of the behaviour you were describing - not the way you were behaving, which was cool, calm, collected and to the point.

I hate to say it, but in that case it is typical Isaac behaviour.

I REALLY hope you're joking? Because Plook (aka, tweedle-dee) is neither cool, nor calm or collected. Especially since almost everything he's accused me of are things he certainly cannot prove to save his life. I was hoping I wouldn't have to include him in the same pile as SPACEBROTHER (aka tweedle-dumb). But unfortunately, he's now such a complete fucking idiot, that I just have to. And he's certainly not, "to the point." ALL he ever does is generalize about things he knows NOTHING about and is way too concise to EVER even make a "point." And my favourite thing about him is that he constantly blames ALL of Obamination's shortcomings on the NSB, while completely ignoring how much of a war-criminal, constitutional-destroyer and colossal debt-management failure (amongst very many other things) Obamination truly is...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:50 pm 

The return of the son of BAN ISAAC AGAIN BAN ISAAC AGAIN BAN ISAAC AGAIN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:20 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

You may not believe in America, but I do. GM employs thousands and there are feder industries. You are correct that the banks got off. I support capital punishment for bank execs.

Corporate welfare can be characterized as the 'carried interest' provisions, the oil depletion allowance, farm price supports for multinational agribusiness, I could go on but I won't.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:22 am 

polydigm wrote:
tweezers wrote:
Please stop banging your head like this, you may end up not being able to tell the difference.

:wink:

I have strong beliefs and am not a pacifist.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:10 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
I was hoping I wouldn't have to include him in the same pile as SPACEBROTHER (aka tweedle-dumb). But unfortunately, he's now such a complete fucking idiot, that I just have to.
I'm going to say this once. If they really are fucking idiots as you think they are, who, but a fucking idiot, would waste his time arguing with them????

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 am 

tweezers wrote:
polydigm wrote:
tweezers wrote:
I have strong beliefs and am not a pacifist.
You do get what I meant by that little joke don't you? I'm not having a go at you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:33 am 

.[/quote]You do get what I meant by that little joke don't you? I'm not having a go at you.[/quote]

I did, of course no offense meant nor taken :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 50  Next