Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 4980
Location: Orange County Ca.
I just registered today. This is a great idea that should have been done years ago. But it's here now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htfmh_8a_AI

_________________
Manny da camper wants to buy some white!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 4980
Location: Orange County Ca.
just registered my 1974 Fender bass. the first one is free.

http://www.theguitarvaults.com/

_________________
Manny da camper wants to buy some white!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2865
Location: Chicago, sort of.
It's a great idea!

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6945
Location: South wales
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... rXMpC19HU8

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2368
How about a "stolen guitar licks" vault? Dweezil would be safe, I guess, since he inherited all of his solos.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9599
Location: EINDHOVEN
You know The Lick?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krDxhnaKD7Q

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2208
Just saw on facebook today that Dave Alvin had one of his prized guitars stolen at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco this past weekend. Don't know if he knows of this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 4980
Location: Orange County Ca.
TGV has a fb page also. I'm sure he's been contacted.

_________________
Manny da camper wants to buy some white!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2346
Location: Europe
Looks interesting! It was mentioned that first registry is free. Do they charge you for the next ones? And how much?

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 4980
Location: Orange County Ca.
HJ wrote:
Looks interesting! It was mentioned that first registry is free. Do they charge you for the next ones? And how much?

Go back to post #2. Click on link. Everything is explained on the site. 8) D'oh!

_________________
Manny da camper wants to buy some white!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2346
Location: Europe
OK. Next time just post the link. 8)

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 4980
Location: Orange County Ca.
will do.

_________________
Manny da camper wants to buy some white!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6945
Location: South wales
It don't even say Price.Dweezil said maybe somebody on there can get FZ Gold top Les Paul back :? It been Auctioned if he can't get it back then it's time too leave it there.

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15008
Let's see...I've got an acoustic...an electric...and a mandolin......and they were all gifts. Probably not more than 180 dollars all put together. So not at this time for me.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2346
Location: Europe
Good idea, shitty web page. Several times it sys that registration is free and registering your first guitar is free. But no more info. I don't want to go through trouble of registering to find out that no. 2 is a steal to register.

So, I kindly ask coevad,, who has apparently registered a guitar (?), if he/she knows about the price for the next registration? It is not information that I can retrieve from the website.

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15008
HJ wrote:
Good idea, shitty web page. Several times it sys that registration is free and registering your first guitar is free. But no more info. I don't want to go through trouble of registering to find out that no. 2 is a steal to register.

So, I kindly ask coevad,, who has apparently registered a guitar (?), if he/she knows about the price for the next registration? It is not information that I can retrieve from the website.


You're wise for asking, HJ. It's 500,000 dollars (US). You needn't bother.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 4980
Location: Orange County Ca.
HJ wrote:
Good idea, shitty web page. Several times it sys that registration is free and registering your first guitar is free. But no more info. I don't want to go through trouble of registering to find out that no. 2 is a steal to register.

So, I kindly ask coevad,, who has apparently registered a guitar (?), if he/she knows about the price for the next registration? It is not information that I can retrieve from the website.

It's cheap. They're not in it for the money.

-from TGV-
Credit charges are once only. You will not have to pay regular subscriptions in order to maintain the guitar profiles in theguitarvaults.

In order to purchase credits to register up to an additional 5 guitars the charge will be £2.
In order to purchase credits to register up to an additional 20 guitars the charge will be £5.

HJ, all you had to do was register one guitar to find the additional guitars price. :smoke:

_________________
Manny da camper wants to buy some white!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2346
Location: Europe
coevad wrote:
HJ wrote:
Good idea, shitty web page. Several times it sys that registration is free and registering your first guitar is free. But no more info. I don't want to go through trouble of registering to find out that no. 2 is a steal to register.

So, I kindly ask coevad,, who has apparently registered a guitar (?), if he/she knows about the price for the next registration? It is not information that I can retrieve from the website.

It's cheap. They're not in it for the money.

-from TGV-
Credit charges are once only. You will not have to pay regular subscriptions in order to maintain the guitar profiles in theguitarvaults.

In order to purchase credits to register up to an additional 5 guitars the charge will be £2.
In order to purchase credits to register up to an additional 20 guitars the charge will be £5.

HJ, all you had to do was register one guitar to find the additional guitars price. :smoke:


Hell no. I don't want to register one guitar and find out afterwards what the cost of registering additional instruments is. It is retarded that they don't have the info there from the beginning. But I agree, the prices are not extreme.

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 4980
Location: Orange County Ca.
No. Not retarded. And quit being such a wimp about it! Just go away. You're not worthy.

_________________
Manny da camper wants to buy some white!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:19 am
Posts: 465
Location: San Jose...not Reseda, CA
downer mydnyte wrote:
How about a "stolen guitar licks" vault? Dweezil would be safe, I guess, since he inherited all of his solos.

lmfao

_________________
Music > Everything
CLETUS must now, regretfully, dispose of the ones who refuse to alter their unmusical ways.
http://www.vulturesawait.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2346
Location: Europe
coevad wrote:
No. Not retarded. And quit being such a wimp about it! Just go away. You're not worthy.

Well, then just very stupid. And when the fuck has it become wimpy to request information?

"You're not worthy" - :roll:

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 897
Location: Birmingham Warwickshire UK
cleon wrote:
It don't even say Price.Dweezil said maybe somebody on there can get FZ Gold top Les Paul back :? It been Auctioned if he can't get it back then it's time too leave it there.


Oh yea? When.

Meanwhile Gibson have made this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krDxhnaKD7Q

Oopps wring lonk


http://www.theguitarvaults.com/guitars/ ... e993a12e16

_________________
A Blanket in my Muesli. A Blanket in my what??

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6945
Location: South wales
diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
cleon wrote:
It don't even say Price.Dweezil said maybe somebody on there can get FZ Gold top Les Paul back :? It been Auctioned if he can't get it back then it's time too leave it there.


Oh yea? When.





diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
Hello Cleon,

There are photo's of FZ at Newport, Frank is wearing a light Blue denim shirt with his hair tied back in which the neck position humbucker has replaced the P90. I reckon the photo of Frank with his Les Paul which shows Don Preston possibly on Fender Rhodes behind him that Unica has recently posted on his continually excellent Memorabilia topic is a Newport photo (from Don Preston collection)

I have held this guitar when it was at auction, and even measured its neck. I reckon it's a 1953 (no serial number) I have a 1952 which feels smaller in my hand, but I reckon my guitar may have been shaved, as these early Les Pauls traditionally have thick club like necks. I have to say FZ's old guitar feels great, It is a lovely piece of wood. I was disappointed when my '52 felt smaller. That image of Frank in the Red pants and yellow jumper was taken at rehearsals at the Albert Hall in June 1969. The fellow beside him is Kansas.
That Enuff Proof yeah :smoke:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 897
Location: Birmingham Warwickshire UK
cleon wrote:
diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
cleon wrote:
It don't even say Price.Dweezil said maybe somebody on there can get FZ Gold top Les Paul back :? It been Auctioned if he can't get it back then it's time too leave it there.


Oh yea? When.





diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
Hello Cleon,

There are photo's of FZ at Newport, Frank is wearing a light Blue denim shirt with his hair tied back in which the neck position humbucker has replaced the P90. I reckon the photo of Frank with his Les Paul which shows Don Preston possibly on Fender Rhodes behind him that Unica has recently posted on his continually excellent Memorabilia topic is a Newport photo (from Don Preston collection)

I have held this guitar when it was at auction, and even measured its neck. I reckon it's a 1953 (no serial number) I have a 1952 which feels smaller in my hand, but I reckon my guitar may have been shaved, as these early Les Pauls traditionally have thick club like necks. I have to say FZ's old guitar feels great, It is a lovely piece of wood. I was disappointed when my '52 felt smaller. That image of Frank in the Red pants and yellow jumper was taken at rehearsals at the Albert Hall in June 1969. The fellow beside him is Kansas.
That Enuff Proof yeah :smoke:



You Welsh twat. Because I inspected the guitar is no proof that the guitar sold. When I attended that auction the guitar was withdrawn for sale. The vendor also had decided to raise the reserve to £125'000 before the auction.

_________________
A Blanket in my Muesli. A Blanket in my what??

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6945
Location: South wales
So what :D
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13431&p=356344&hilit=auction#p356344

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group