Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:00 am 

I just registered today. This is a great idea that should have been done years ago. But it's here now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htfmh_8a_AI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 am 

just registered my 1974 Fender bass. the first one is free.

http://www.theguitarvaults.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:52 pm 

It's a great idea!

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:35 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... rXMpC19HU8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 pm 

How about a "stolen guitar licks" vault? Dweezil would be safe, I guess, since he inherited all of his solos.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 pm 

You know The Lick?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krDxhnaKD7Q

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:00 pm 

Just saw on facebook today that Dave Alvin had one of his prized guitars stolen at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco this past weekend. Don't know if he knows of this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:06 pm 

TGV has a fb page also. I'm sure he's been contacted.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:58 am 

Looks interesting! It was mentioned that first registry is free. Do they charge you for the next ones? And how much?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:49 pm 

HJ wrote:
Looks interesting! It was mentioned that first registry is free. Do they charge you for the next ones? And how much?

Go back to post #2. Click on link. Everything is explained on the site. 8) D'oh!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:52 am 

OK. Next time just post the link. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 am 

will do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 am 

It don't even say Price.Dweezil said maybe somebody on there can get FZ Gold top Les Paul back :? It been Auctioned if he can't get it back then it's time too leave it there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 pm 

Let's see...I've got an acoustic...an electric...and a mandolin......and they were all gifts. Probably not more than 180 dollars all put together. So not at this time for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 pm 

Good idea, shitty web page. Several times it sys that registration is free and registering your first guitar is free. But no more info. I don't want to go through trouble of registering to find out that no. 2 is a steal to register.

So, I kindly ask coevad,, who has apparently registered a guitar (?), if he/she knows about the price for the next registration? It is not information that I can retrieve from the website.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:56 pm 

HJ wrote:
Good idea, shitty web page. Several times it sys that registration is free and registering your first guitar is free. But no more info. I don't want to go through trouble of registering to find out that no. 2 is a steal to register.

So, I kindly ask coevad,, who has apparently registered a guitar (?), if he/she knows about the price for the next registration? It is not information that I can retrieve from the website.

You're wise for asking, HJ. It's 500,000 dollars (US). You needn't bother.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:58 pm 

HJ wrote:

It's cheap. They're not in it for the money.

-from TGV-
Credit charges are once only. You will not have to pay regular subscriptions in order to maintain the guitar profiles in theguitarvaults.

In order to purchase credits to register up to an additional 5 guitars the charge will be £2.
In order to purchase credits to register up to an additional 20 guitars the charge will be £5.

HJ, all you had to do was register one guitar to find the additional guitars price. :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:05 am 

coevad wrote:
HJ wrote:

It's cheap. They're not in it for the money.

-from TGV-
Credit charges are once only. You will not have to pay regular subscriptions in order to maintain the guitar profiles in theguitarvaults.

In order to purchase credits to register up to an additional 5 guitars the charge will be £2.
In order to purchase credits to register up to an additional 20 guitars the charge will be £5.

HJ, all you had to do was register one guitar to find the additional guitars price. :smoke:

Hell no. I don't want to register one guitar and find out afterwards what the cost of registering additional instruments is. It is retarded that they don't have the info there from the beginning. But I agree, the prices are not extreme.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:18 am 

No. Not retarded. And quit being such a wimp about it! Just go away. You're not worthy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
How about a "stolen guitar licks" vault? Dweezil would be safe, I guess, since he inherited all of his solos.

lmfao

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:25 am 

coevad wrote:
No. Not retarded. And quit being such a wimp about it! Just go away. You're not worthy.

Well, then just very stupid. And when the fuck has it become wimpy to request information?

"You're not worthy" - :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm 

cleon wrote:
It don't even say Price.Dweezil said maybe somebody on there can get FZ Gold top Les Paul back :? It been Auctioned if he can't get it back then it's time too leave it there.

Oh yea? When.

Meanwhile Gibson have made this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krDxhnaKD7Q

Oopps wring lonk

http://www.theguitarvaults.com/guitars/ ... e993a12e16

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:27 am 

diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
cleon wrote:

Oh yea? When.

Hello Cleon,

There are photo's of FZ at Newport, Frank is wearing a light Blue denim shirt with his hair tied back in which the neck position humbucker has replaced the P90. I reckon the photo of Frank with his Les Paul which shows Don Preston possibly on Fender Rhodes behind him that Unica has recently posted on his continually excellent Memorabilia topic is a Newport photo (from Don Preston collection)

I have held this guitar when it was at auction, and even measured its neck. I reckon it's a 1953 (no serial number) I have a 1952 which feels smaller in my hand, but I reckon my guitar may have been shaved, as these early Les Pauls traditionally have thick club like necks. I have to say FZ's old guitar feels great, It is a lovely piece of wood. I was disappointed when my '52 felt smaller. That image of Frank in the Red pants and yellow jumper was taken at rehearsals at the Albert Hall in June 1969. The fellow beside him is Kansas.
That Enuff Proof yeah :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:43 am 

cleon wrote:
cleon wrote:

Oh yea? When.

Hello Cleon,

There are photo's of FZ at Newport, Frank is wearing a light Blue denim shirt with his hair tied back in which the neck position humbucker has replaced the P90. I reckon the photo of Frank with his Les Paul which shows Don Preston possibly on Fender Rhodes behind him that Unica has recently posted on his continually excellent Memorabilia topic is a Newport photo (from Don Preston collection)

I have held this guitar when it was at auction, and even measured its neck. I reckon it's a 1953 (no serial number) I have a 1952 which feels smaller in my hand, but I reckon my guitar may have been shaved, as these early Les Pauls traditionally have thick club like necks. I have to say FZ's old guitar feels great, It is a lovely piece of wood. I was disappointed when my '52 felt smaller. That image of Frank in the Red pants and yellow jumper was taken at rehearsals at the Albert Hall in June 1969. The fellow beside him is Kansas.
That Enuff Proof yeah :smoke:

You Welsh twat. Because I inspected the guitar is no proof that the guitar sold. When I attended that auction the guitar was withdrawn for sale. The vendor also had decided to raise the reserve to £125'000 before the auction.

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:58 am 

So what :D
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13431&p=356344&hilit=auction#p356344