Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:36 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
You've never met the lady Doug. She may be a looker!

Then again she could be a 3 bagger hooker!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 am 

A Dutch school has started a new music program, with the very unfortunate name Music, Infotainment, Leisure and Finance Management. MILF Management for short. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 am 

BBP wrote:
A Dutch school has started a new music program, with the very unfortunate name Music, Infotainment, Leisure and Finance Management. MILF Management for short. :roll:

Should be very popular with the guys!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:17 am 

And with ex-members of The Mothers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:13 pm 

No evidence of mermaids, says US government

There is no evidence that mermaids exist, a US government scientific agency has said.

The National Ocean Service made the unusual declaration in response to public inquiries following a TV show on the mythical creatures.

It is thought some viewers may have mistaken the programme for a documentary.

"No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found," the service wrote in an online post.

The National Ocean Service posted an article last week on its educational website, Ocean Facts.

Images and tales of mermaids - half-human, half-fish - appear in mythology and art from across the world and through history, from Homer's Odyssey to the oral lore of the Australian aboriginals, the service wrote.

The article was written from publicly available sources because "we don't have a mermaid science programme", National Ocean Service spokeswoman Carol Kavanagh told the BBC.

She said that at least two people had written to the agency asking about the creatures.

The inquiries followed May's broadcast of Mermaids: The Body Found, on the Discovery Channel's Animal Planet network.

The programme was a work of fiction but its wink-and-nod format apparently led some viewers to believe it was a science education show, the Discovery Channel has acknowledged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18692830

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:57 pm 

"Snoop Dogg becomes Snoop Lion" :? WTF?

Snoop Dogg becomes Snoop Lion, readies reggae CD

NEW YORK (AP) — Snoop Dogg wants you to know that he’s tired of hip-hop, is Bob Marley reincarnated and is embracing reggae instead of the culture of guns he once rapped about.

Also, he’s got a new name: Snoop Lion.

The artist said at a news conference Monday in New York that he was ‘‘born again’’ during a visit to Jamaica in February and is ready to make music that his ‘‘kids and grandparents can listen to.’’

The former gangster rapper is releasing a reggae album called ‘‘Reincarnated’’ in the fall. He said that in Jamaica, he connected with Bob Marley’s spirit and is now ‘‘Bob Marley reincarnated.’’

Bob Marley’s son Rohan attended the conference and gave Snoop his blessing.

‘‘I feel like I've always been Rastafarian,’’ Snoop said of the spiritual Jamaican movement. While there, he said, he visited a temple, was renamed Snoop Lion and was also given the Ethiopian name Berhane, meaning ‘‘light of the world.’’

Snoop didn’t explain why he was switching from ‘‘Dogg’’ to ‘‘Lion,’’ but it’s likely a reference to the Lion of Judah, a religious symbol popular in Rastafarian and Ethiopian culture.

Later, he played five songs for a small crowd, including one called ‘‘No Guns Allowed.’’ It features his daughter and includes the lyrics, ‘‘No guns allowed in here tonight, we’re going to have a free for all, no fights.’’

‘‘It’s so tragic that people are doing stupid things with guns,’’ he said.

Snoop, best known for hits like ‘‘Gin and Juice’’ and ‘‘Drop It Like It’s Hot,’’ is an avid supporter of marijuana rights and has been banned from entering Norway for two years after trying to enter the country with a small amount last month.

He said that in Jamaica, where he stayed for 35 days, he grew closer to his wife, who saw his transition. He added that he’s excited to perform music that his family and children can listen to.

‘‘As a 40-year-old man ... I've got to give them something,’’ he said. ‘‘That’s what you do when you’re wise.’’

Snoop Dogg said he’s not completely retiring from hip-hop but is ‘‘tired’’ of the genre because it is no longer challenging.

‘‘Reggae was calling ... it’s a breath of fresh air,’’ he said. ‘‘Rap isn’t challenging; it’s not appealing.’’

The album was produced by Diplo and will feature Snoop singing. It will be released on Vice Records.

The album will be followed with a documentary of the same name, also produced by Vice. It features Snoop making music and will include some personal elements of his life, a producer of the film said. It will debut at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.

A coffee table book about Snoop’s rebirth is also in the works.

‘‘It feels like I'm 19 or 20 years old again,’’ he said.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:49 am 

I'd be Lion if I said I would listen to it.

But, after that awful pun, I do want to say that Doggystyle is one of the very few rap albums that I listen to - it's awful darn funky.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:36 pm 

I just found out this horrible news, and
YES, it's real!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:09 pm 

Man survives pole through head

18 August 2012 Last updated at 16:10 GMT Help

A Brazilian construction worker has survived after a 2m (six-foot) steel rod fell from above and pierced his head, doctors who treated him say.

Eduardo Leite was taken to a Rio de Janeiro hospital, where the rod was removed after five hours of surgery.

The doctors said he had responded well to treatment, suffering little pain.

Simon Clemison reports.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:46 am 

Making maple syrup for the pancakes of our land...

Thieves steal maple syrup stash from Canada warehouse

Thieves in Canada have stolen millions of dollars worth of highly prized maple syrup from a storage facility, Quebec police have said.

Magdalena a few years later...

The Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers noticed that barrels supposed to contain the sugary liquid were empty after an inventory check.

The theft took place at their warehouse in St-Louis-de-Blandford, 160km (100 miles) north-east of Montreal.

Police say it is unclear exactly how much of the expensive syrup was stolen.

Some 3.4 million litres of bulk maple syrup was stored in the warehouse, with a value of up to CAN$30m (£19m).

If the entire warehouse's contents were stolen, it would represent more than a tenth of Quebec's 2012 harvest, according to CBC news.

"The St-Louis-de-Blandford warehouse had been secured by a fence and locks, and visited regularly," federation president Serge Beaulieu said in a statement.

The federation also keeps nearly 13m litres in syrup in three warehouses to stabilise global supply and prices.

"I can assure you there will be no shortage in maple syrup," Anne-Marie Granger Godbout from the Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers told the Reuters news agency.

The syrup was due to be transferred to a new storage facility in the coming weeks.

Maple sap is tapped directly from the sugar maple tree and boiled to concentrate it into maple syrup. Quebec produces three quarters of the world's maple syrup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19440465

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:57 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
The federation also keeps nearly 13m litres in syrup in three warehouses to stabilise global supply...

Praise be!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:58 am 

In De Meern, Utrecht, The Netherlands, a man was found dead under his neighbor's house. He had a (illegal) cannabis growery and he had been found out, so the electricity company cut him off. He died while trying to steal electricity from his neighbors. Their floor had to be wrecked out in order to reach the body.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:25 am 

Soiled underpants once worn by Elvis fail to sell at auction shock!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:48 am 

Two freak deaths in The Netherlands today (not to mention riots): a 34-year-old Pole died this night after he had a domestic argument: he smashed a window, cut his artery and bled to death.

A 79-year-old man from Veghel died after a ram (as in: male sheep) bashed into him.

And in Imola (Italy), a giraffe escaped and was chased around town for some time, causing damage to cars. The poor animal passed away of a heart attack later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVbew1nUfTo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 am 

"Ich bin hier und Du bist mein Sofa!" comes true...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... treet.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:41 pm 

Caputh wrote:
"Ich bin hier und Du bist mein Sofa!" comes true...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... treet.html

I don't think he had time to get any jizz upon that sofa,sofa. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:40 am 

A Japanese man died after he was swept up in one of those cleaning cars and dumped on the trash heap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ZyP-cJmtk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:54 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
No evidence of mermaids, says US government

There is no evidence that mermaids exist, a US government scientific agency has said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18692830

If they existed, the holy bible would have told us about them. Giving money to the "scientific agency" to prove that was totally superfluous.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:17 pm 

So the movie Splash is one great big lie? Opie, you let us down.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:47 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:

Wh?? Splash....foxy blonde waterbabes aren't real.Go on,just try and scare me before Halloween,I can't be had!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Wh?? Splash....foxy blonde waterbabes aren't real.Go on,just try and scare me before Halloween,I can't be had!

You're missing the big picture.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:04 pm 

Theres something fishy about that mermaid report, I wonder how the unicorn investigation is progressing?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Man survives pole through head

18 August 2012 Last updated at 16:10 GMT Help

A Brazilian construction worker has survived after a 2m (six-foot) steel rod fell from above and pierced his head, doctors who treated him say.

Eduardo Leite was taken to a Rio de Janeiro hospital, where the rod was removed after five hours of surgery.

The doctors said he had responded well to treatment, suffering little pain.

Simon Clemison reports.
Just who did this guy think he was anyway? Phineas Gage? :mrgreen:

--Bat :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:28 am 

This sounds a bit like "Titties Beer Part Two", but without the titties or the beer.

"Puppy thrown at German biker gang

A German student "mooned" a group of Hell's Angels and hurled a puppy at them before escaping on a stolen bulldozer, police have said.

The man drove up to a Hell's Angels clubhouse near Munich, wearing only a pair of shorts and carrying a puppy.

He dropped his shorts and threw the dog, escaping on a bulldozer from a nearby building site.

He was arrested later at home by police. The 26-year-old is said to have stopped taking depression medication.

After making his getaway on the bulldozer, he had driven so slowly that a 5km tailback built up behind him on the motorway.

After driving about 1km, he had abandoned the bulldozer in the middle of the motorway, near Allershausen. He continued his journey by hitchhiking.

"What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hell's Angels is currently unclear," a police spokesman said.

The puppy is now being cared for in an animal shelter."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10333211

I particularly like the hitchhiking bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:33 am 

The Dutch health care authorities are going to investigate high bills for simple treatments. For instance a hospital in Terneuzen sent out a bill of €1000 for clearing out ear wax.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next