Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 374  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:55 am 

I played 17 year old German pupils studying English the 2nd Romney/Obama debate section on the topic of oil and petrol prices. There were 2 basic, instinctive questions they asked (with no prompting from me).
1) Why are US citizens complaining about 4 dollars for a gallon, it's virtually double that in Germany?
2) Why make such a hooha about oil and coal anyway as both these resources are a) pollutants b) undeniably imminently finite?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:01 am 

Clever kids.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:53 am 

I'm sure everyone on the Zappa forum is relieved to hear that Rod Stewart stuffed coke up his bum...
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... nally.html
I suppose it explains "If you like my body..."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:37 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I only object to the sickening level of predation in regards to how the profits are made.

pre·da·tion (pr-dshn)
n.
1. The act or practice of plundering or marauding.
2. The capturing of prey as a means of maintaining life.

Strange use of this word in the context of your statement. :?

If it's the ecology that you are taking about , would it be any less predatory if no profits are made ?

If it's the manipulation of people's money you are talking about , it's the bad part of the free enterprise system and capitalism.
But along with the bad , there is also good. Like giving people a reason to wake up and go to work in order to help themselves to the life they believe they deserve by spending what they are earning.

I guess my question would be this. Whatever hatred you have for oil companies , for whatever reason , what would you do to relieve that hatred ?

Edit :

I have another question. Are you Ronny or Ronald ??

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:08 am 

Good idea to use a dictionary when you're not sure. :wink:
I stand by my word choice. It's perfect.
I'm Ronny, either way. Just depends on what input device I 'm using.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 am 

um , Thanks for clearing that up ??

I was really hoping you could answer my question of your hatred , though.

Last edited by pedro2 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:00 pm 

Caputh wrote:
I'm sure everyone on the Zappa forum is relieved to hear that Rod Stewart stuffed coke up his bum...

Stevie Nicks supposedly did this too, in the wayback.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:42 pm 

Pedro..... Relieve my hatred? WTF does that mean?

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:46 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

Trent Reznor could tell you, if you offered some cash.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:46 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Stevie Nicks supposedly did this too, in the wayback.

So thats what they mean by Stuff up the Cracks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 pm 

Caputh wrote:
I played 17 year old German pupils studying English the 2nd Romney/Obama debate section on the topic of oil and petrol prices. There were 2 basic, instinctive questions they asked (with no prompting from me).
1) Why are US citizens complaining about 4 dollars for a gallon, it's virtually double that in Germany?
2) Why make such a hooha about oil and coal anyway as both these resources are a) pollutants b) undeniably imminently finite?

BBP wrote:
Clever kids.

Considering that the US is one of the top three oil producing countries in the world, and that the pricing levels here are set Wall Street speculators who are interested in increasing record profit margins, regardless of supply and demand, there's a lot to complain about.

On the second question, it's of particular interest to me as in my states upcoming election, there's a proposal on the ballot to allow renewable energy companies compete with the current oil and coal monopolies. The amount of money being spent on campaign advertisements fighting against renewable energy in my state astronomical.

Clever kids indeed. More clever than many adults here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:27 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
pedro2 wrote:

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I only object to the sickening level of predation in regards to how the profits are made.

I guess my question would be this. Whatever hatred you have for oil companies , for whatever reason , what would you do to relieve that hatred ?

You don't seem to like them , so i am asking what you would do to relieve the pain that they give you.

But , you already knew what I meant. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:48 am 

Canadian researchers have claimed PMS to be nonsense. I call BS on them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:20 pm 

Relieve the hatred of oil companies, as if its all in one's head, hahahaha. Its like when Trump says "Its just business" when he throws people out on the street. He really thinks that people should look at it without emotion, ya know, just an unemotional, relentless drive for cash. So, if we can just get past hating the oil companies, we'll understand them so much better, hahahaha.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:57 pm 

Well, Arkay , if it's not in your head , please explain your , and Ronald's , problem with them.

I merely stated that the big bad corporations that a few on here seem to rail against , were funding many of the current administration's policies and even helped him get elected.

This was met with a response by Ronald , that he was thinking more about oil companies.
Ronny's Noomies wrote:

He hasn't answered my question , and with your reply , which offers no informative data , makes it clear that you don't seem to have a concise or specific reason for your distrust , hatred , or any other word of your choice , of the big bad oil companies.

If you haven't noticed , the unemployment rate in this country has decreased and many economists have pointed directly to the big bad oil companies for the drop.

So , I'll ask you as well. What is the main focus of your problem with oil companies and how would you deal with them if you were so empowered ??

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 pm 

Not many here with economic acumen, Oil companies Carry a huge share of pension and ira accounts, again gang this is capitalism , go to iran if you can't handle it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:37 pm 

Hey, how about this kooky Hurrifranken or Frankenwindy?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:45 pm 

The SF Giants win WS game #3.Go Giants! :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:46 am 

Des Moines register and Detroit News endorse ROMNEY !!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 am 

pedro2 wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
pedro2 wrote:

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

You don't seem to like them , so i am asking what you would do to relieve the pain that they give you.

But , you already knew what I meant. :wink:

My answer to your question is thus: It's a stupid question. Once again, what does "relieve" my hatred for the oil companies even mean? Do you even understand your own question? So, I'll pretend it's a real question and here's my real answer: I don't have any need or desire to "relieve my hatred." I'm perfectly comfortable hating the oil companies because they prey on the public in order to maximize their profits. They make boat loads of money without the need to screw the public, yet they still keep on doing it. There's no solution in the current environment. Stopping all of their tax breaks and subsidies would be nice, but that's a drop in the bucket. Good enough Pedro?

This is the last time I'm going to answer one of your dumb ass questions. Did you finish grade school?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:00 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Des Moines register and Detroit News endorse ROMNEY !!!

Chicago Tribune endorses Obama! Only the 2nd time in it's history it's endorsed a democrat! What does it mean? Nothing. Good Gawd Y'all. Absolutely nothing. Say it again. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:11 am 

And then hurricane Sandy comes along and blows it all away. Go Sandy! Go!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:23 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

I'm perfectly comfortable hating the oil companies because they prey on the public in order to maximize their profits. They make boat loads of money without the need to screw the public, yet they still keep on doing it. There's no solution in the current environment. Stopping all of their tax breaks and subsidies would be nice, but that's a drop in the bucket. Good enough Pedro?

So , you do ' hate ' the oil companies , but you offer no facts on how they ' screw ' the public , nor any ' solutions in the current environment ' . What other ' drops in the bucket ' would you suggest ?

Stopping the tax breaks and subsidies would go a long way in other corporations as well.
Corps like GE , GM and pharams .

Once again , these big bad companies could pack up a leave the USA anytime they wanted , not receive any tax breaks or subsides , and leave you hanging on your own devices. But , of course , there would be an outcry that they are not doing their share to help you in your life.

Are these big bad corps required by law of any kind to help you with your entitlement mentality ?

Btw , I went to a private high school that cost me 649.00 a year ( which is now 9800.00 / yr ) and probably received a better education than you , if you attended a public school. Do you know anything of business in a free market and how it works ??

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
My answer to your question is thus: It's a stupid question.
Your ' opinion ' is a valid argument ??

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Once again, what does "relieve" my hatred for the oil companies even mean?

relieve  
Use Relieve in a sentence Origin
re·lieve   [ri-leev] Show IPA verb, re·lieved, re·liev·ing.
verb (used with object)
to ease or alleviate (pain, distress, anxiety, need, etc.).
to free from anxiety, fear, pain, etc.
to free from need, poverty, etc.
to bring effective aid to (a besieged town, military position, etc.).
to ease (a person) of any burden, wrong, or oppression, as by legal means.

I believe the context of my chosen word , ie. relieve , is correct.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:08 pm 

Pedro if you want to defend the oil companies, go ahead. That's really about it for me. If you think I'm going down this road again with you, you're mistaken. All you'll do is either ignore or naysay my "facts," and otherwise argue in poor faith. Not interested. Go pester someone else.

Do you remember when I said this:
Ronny's Noomies]Amen. Every person who endeavers to discuss anything with Pedro eventually comes to the same conclusion that Arkay describes.[/quote]

In relation to this:
[quote="The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Oh, pedro2, yer such a moron. But, yer not reading this right? Hahahaha, the trash gets taken out whether it knows it or not! :)
You don't understand anything about responsibility and its not my responsibility to teach you. You may well read alot, but you have no understanding of what you are saying. Every retort is meant to distort rather than clarify. Its a shame that you spend your time trying to poke holes in opinions rather than create a useful one for yourself. I couldn't care less that you are a bitter selfish slob. So, put me on ignore if you value your own words, but I doubt that, you are reading this aren't you? Hahahaha (Really, if you aren't, thats good, because then you will stop distorting my opinions when i have something to say! :))

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:28 pm 

Pedro if you want to defend the oil companies, go ahead. That's really about it for me. If you think I'm going down this road again with you, you're mistaken. All you'll do is either ignore or naysay my "facts," and otherwise argue in poor faith. Not interested. Go pester someone else.

Do you remember when I said this:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Amen. Every person who endeavers to discuss anything with Pedro eventually comes to the same conclusion that Arkay describes.

In relation to this:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
.....You don't understand anything about responsibility and its not my responsibility to teach you. You may well read alot, but you have no understanding of what you are saying. Every retort is meant to distort rather than clarify. Its a shame that you spend your time trying to poke holes in opinions rather than create a useful one for yourself. I couldn't care less that you are a bitter selfish slob. So, put me on ignore if you value your own words, but I doubt that, you are reading this aren't you? Hahahaha (Really, if you aren't, thats good, because then you will stop distorting my opinions when i have something to say! :))

That's pretty much where we are now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 374  Next