Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222 ... 374  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:39 pm 

What ???

Ronald , your arguments are lame at best. You're quick to rail against something , but when pressed for reasons why , you can't come up with a thing. Then you misdirect by bringing up the child like name calling ?? :?

I guess I'm supposed to say ouch or something ??

Come on , if you can't substantiate your side , just say so .

I'll understand. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:32 pm 

BBP wrote:
And then hurricane Sandy comes along and blows it all away. Go Sandy! Go!

..and may your populance be all thumbs when ya need a finger for your dike! Go North Sea! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:57 am 

If there's a hole in the dike, you don't plug it with your finger, you run for your life because it means there's a lot more amiss inside the dike and it's going to burst in a matter of minutes.

Busting all American myths about dikes, at your service.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:30 am 

pedro2 wrote:
What ???

Didn't think you'd get it. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:09 am 

BBP wrote:
If there's a hole in the dike, you don't plug it with your finger, you run for your life because it means there's a lot more amiss inside the dike and it's going to burst in a matter of minutes.

Theres a joke in here but I better stay away from it... :mrgreen:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 am 

Here's an interesting article which attempts to explain why most Europeans don't like Romney very much...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7656 ... omney.html

However, IMO, Europeans generally reject Republican party candidates because they generally reject Europeans.

Last edited by Caputh on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:03 am 

BBP wrote:

Question, please...
Isn't the danger the reason why the boy in the story was a hero? Ya know how its a bad idea to run in front of a bullet to save someone, but if you do so, you are a hero?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:59 pm 

I always thought that plugging a hole in a dike was pretty dangerous - unless it was after a candlelit dinner and you were another dike, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:10 pm 

Ronald Noomies wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
What ???

Oh , I got it alright. You're just a sheeple following the masses in your need to make yourself feel like you're one of the crowd around you.

Pretty sad when a person stands for something , but has no idea of what that something is or even why they stand for it.

Yeah , I got it and I'm laughing my ass of at you right now.

I have an idea for ya Ron ... why don't we pay the oil companies NOT to produce like we do the farmers ?

And now , you have no idea and don't get it , either .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:51 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
BBP wrote:

Question, please...
Isn't the danger the reason why the boy in the story was a hero? Ya know how its a bad idea to run in front of a bullet to save someone, but if you do so, you are a hero?

No, the story is bullshit. His plugging the dike would not have made any difference in the speed at which the dike would burst.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:43 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Ronald Noomies wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
What ???

Oh , I got it alright. You're just a sheeple following the masses in your need to make yourself feel like you're one of the crowd around you.

Pretty sad when a person stands for something , but has no idea of what that something is or even why they stand for it.

Yeah , I got it and I'm laughing my ass of at you right now.

I have an idea for ya Ron ... why don't we pay the oil companies NOT to produce like we do the farmers ?

And now , you have no idea and don't get it , either .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Do you remember when I said this:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Amen. Every person who endeavers to discuss anything with Pedro eventually comes to the same conclusion that Arkay describes.

In relation to this?
.....You don't understand anything about responsibility and its not my responsibility to teach you. You may well read alot, but you have no understanding of what you are saying. Every retort is meant to distort rather than clarify. Its a shame that you spend your time trying to poke holes in opinions rather than create a useful one for yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:36 pm 

BBP wrote:

LOL! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:00 pm 

Mitts has a flat tire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:48 pm 

Little_Sally wrote:
Mitts has a flat tire

No problem, he'll call out the road side assistance company he owns.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:29 am 

I'm not getting, nor I have I ever gotten, the worship of the super-rich by the middle and upper middle class who've been so laughably, if not idiotically, deluded by the super-rich into worshiping them -- a class of people who wouldn't deign so low as to let their dogs piss on their lawns.
Worship the oil companies who routinely push the price of their product to nearly unaffordable and calculate when to drop those prices and the worshipers are so teeming with thanks they forgive all immediately because they can once again afford the stuff as regard it as they same way they regard a return to good weather and any other natural phenomenon that becomes more forgiving and more clement.
They really don't give a fuck even if there's a huge oil spill or undersea eruption (Exxon & BP) and the super-rich owners don't give a fuck -- possibly its helpful to have gone to an expensive school to give even less of a fuck. (Appropriate here is the Arthur C. Clark quotation, "In my life I have seen too many who were educated beyond their intelligence." A neat quotation that has enjoyed other, various permutations going back to "who knows?")
Well, has Ayn Rand risen from the grave to bolster another round of "Trickle-Down-Reaganomics?" In such a short time a nation of badly "educated" idiots are celebrating a disaster. Well, why not? This time it might have a bigger impact and wipe those middle and upper middle class imbeciles off the economic map altogether! Well, fuck 'em!

--Batchain (Dizzily confused as to how "Batchain1001" wasn't recognized but "BatchainPhaseIV" was -- only a different computer and a total surprise I was recognized at all!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:27 am 

pedro2 wrote:
I was really hoping you could answer my question of your hatred , though.

Well , at least someone could answer my question , unlike Ronald.

Thanks, Bat. Your explanation was all I was really looking for . 8)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:46 am 

Ronald Noomies wrote:
Do you remember when I said this:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Amen. Every person who endeavers to discuss anything with Pedro eventually comes to the same conclusion that Arkay describes.

In relation to this?
.....You don't understand anything about responsibility and its not my responsibility to teach you. You may well read alot, but you have no understanding of what you are saying. Every retort is meant to distort rather than clarify. Its a shame that you spend your time trying to poke holes in opinions rather than create a useful one for yourself.

hey ronny, you and arkay sure have that right. comprehension isn't a strongpoint with pedro.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:25 am 

Yeah Bernie, totally devoid of normal human intellectual functioning....

Last edited by Ronald Noomies on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 am 

pedro2 wrote:
Well , at least someone could answer my question , unlike Ronald.

I tried to dumb it down so you couldn't miss it. I even prefaced it for you, starting off with "My answer to your question is this...." What more can I do?

On October 28, I wrote:
My answer to your question is thus: It's a stupid question. Once again, what does "relieve" my hatred for the oil companies even mean? Do you even understand your own question? So, I'll pretend it's a real question and here's my real answer: I don't have any need or desire to "relieve my hatred." I'm perfectly comfortable hating the oil companies because they prey on the public in order to maximize their profits. They make boat loads of money without the need to screw the public, yet they still keep on doing it. There's no solution in the current environment. Stopping all of their tax breaks and subsidies would be nice, but that's a drop in the bucket. Good enough Pedro?

Now you don't like the answer, but that's not my problem. Now adjust the tin foil and move on dood.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 am 

[lecture mode] You'll want to be careful with your spelling. It's odd when a word means something different in another language (eg word in Dutch is the 1st person singular present form of "to become"), but if you use alternative spelling to try and sound hip, and with that evoke wrong imagery, please take care. In your case, you typed dood. I assume you used that as alternate I-am-kool spelling of "dude". However, "dood" is the Dutch word for death. By typing it as a separate part of a sentence, you briefly conjured up strong negative imagery in this little Dutch lady here.

Possible misinterpretations in this text:
(listed as "used English word - meaning of this word in Dutch"
want - mitten
eg - harrow (tool)
in - in
is - is
of - or
present - present at a location
wrong - past tense of wringen, to wring
as - axis
kool - cabbage
spelling - spelling
part - section
brief - letter
here - Lord, old-fashioned, nowadays only used with the phrase "hij is in de Here", to describe someone is or has become overly religious.
[/lecture mode]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 am 

Great, I gotta learn Dutch now? Oh well, you know what they say, Met geweld kan de kat de kerk ompissen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:45 am 

slim = smart in dutch

the benefits of having a dutch father...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:40 pm 

True! And smart = agony in Dutch. You know those Smart cars? Some clever advertising if you can make Dutch people forget about their language... then again, we've eaten Smarties for decades.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:05 pm 

BBP wrote:
True! And smart = agony in Dutch. You know those Smart cars? Some clever advertising if you can make Dutch people forget about their language... then again, we've eaten Smarties for decades.

Dutch is tough

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:19 am 

Nah. Every language has its difficulties. English has relatively complicated tenses: conjugation is easy but it's not easy for a non-native speaker to figure out which tense goes where. English also has rather difficult praepositions: there's a wide range of them and speakers of Slavonic languages will have problems with those.
Even for me as a Dutchman, there are complications. In a lot of cases I could use the Dutch equivalent of a praeposition, such as in the case it's not easy for a non-native speaker, in Dutch in such a case you'd use voor which comes from the same root. However, in a line like the lamp hung over the table, you wouldn't use the Dutch word over to express the former location of the lamp in relation to the table. You'd use the word boven, above.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222 ... 374  Next