Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 120  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:27 am 

Thinman wrote:
Ruz-El wrote:
Sorry, this is a little off topic.

Last night at my local record store, the amazing Listen Records in Edmonton I picked up the vinyl of Zappa In New York. It's the Discreet one from 1977. Is this the original mix?

What else should it be? How could the remix from the late 80s/early 90s be on a vinyl issue from 1977? Time travel ? ;-)

BTW, I bet your vinyl copy is without Punky's Whips unless you have found a very rare one with PW.

Th.

It is without punky's whips. I knew about the censorship, I didn't know if other mixes happened as well ha ha. thanks though. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:25 pm 

pbuzby wrote:
My understanding is that HIOS? was part of the Ryko deal, as was The Lost Episodes, and that is why they are both being reissued by Universal. This all gets confusing though.
Mothermania wasn't on Ryko; Understanding America is out of the blue; Läther was on Ryko, and that certainly wasn't part of the original Ryko deal; the UME deal is not just a simple revamp of what was on Ryko.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:43 pm 

I really hope they reissue Lather

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:28 am 

From Best Buy:

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 11/19/2012. Your order details are listed below.

QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS
1 Mothermania - CD
SKU: 6923795 Pre-order release date is 11/19/2012.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:21 pm 

polydigm wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
My understanding is that HIOS? was part of the Ryko deal, as was The Lost Episodes, and that is why they are both being reissued by Universal. This all gets confusing though.
Mothermania wasn't on Ryko; Understanding America is out of the blue; Läther was on Ryko, and that certainly wasn't part of the original Ryko deal; the UME deal is not just a simple revamp of what was on Ryko.
BP release numbers was the only thing true :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:11 pm 

BTW, this is coming out on 7" on Record Store Day on November 23rd

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/5773

Frank Zappa

Why Don'cha Do Me Right, Big Leg Emma

DETAILS
Format: 7" Vinyl
Label: UMe
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
More Info:

7" single, these two tracks appeared as bonus tracks on the 1989 CD reissue of Absolutely Free. Last released on 7” vinyl in 1967, this is also the first vinyl release from the 2012 Remasters. Gold embossed and numbered.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:13 pm 

by the way, if I am no mistaken, Gail promised, Dance Me This will be out this year
is there any chance, it will happen? (I suppose, it isn't, but...)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:27 pm 

brunofulax wrote:
by the way, if I am no mistaken, Gail promised, Dance Me This will be out this year

Ask the barking pumpkin before it procures frost and the cat has spoken "Oh Shit" thrice before midnight of a full moon. :wink:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:32 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
brunofulax wrote:

Ask the barking pumpkin before it procures frost and the cat has spoken "Oh Shit" thrice before midnight of a full moon. :wink:

... in June!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:00 pm 

brunofulax wrote:

Maybe there will be another update tomorrow? Wasn't the last update the day before a batch release?

I know guys, let's not get all excited.... :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:09 am 

Just got my Apostrophe (') remaster. The thing is I ordered it from WOWHD, for little money, and it came in a package from Hong Kong. How could it be that cheap? When I looked in the booklet, a thing got me a little worried it would be a pirate copy or something: the lyrics are not printed, like on the RYKO-version? Is this the case with the 2012 remaster of this record, that the lyrics aren't printed, or is it my version that is fucked up?

It sounds great though, and doesn't look cheap in any other way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:35 am 

SonofSuzyCreamcheese wrote:
Just got my Apostrophe (') remaster. The thing is I ordered it from WOWHD, for little money, and it came in a package from Hong Kong. How could it be that cheap? When I looked in the booklet, a thing got me a little worried it would be a pirate copy or something: the lyrics are not printed, like on the RYKO-version? Is this the case with the 2012 remaster of this record, that the lyrics aren't printed, or is it my version that is fucked up?

The booklets on most of the 2012 reissues are almost identical to the Ryko versions. No additional content, as far as I know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 pm 

There are no lyrics printed on the 2012 remastered CD here in Europe.
So my guess is your cd is ok.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 pm 

Zongadude wrote:

There are no lyrics printed on the 2012 remastered CD here in Europe.
So my guess is your cd is ok.

No lyrics over here, either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:39 pm 

If you want to know if it a pirate version, you should check its mastering SID code.
If your CD was made in the EU its SID code should look like IFPI L017, L127, LV26 or LV27 and you should also be able to read "MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC" engraved next to it.
If your CD is the US Edition, its SID code should look like IFPI L327, L328 or L329 which is Sony DADC US (DIDX).
Other codes are possible, but a CD carrying a chinese plant code would be dubious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:26 pm 

Thanks for the fast replies everybody! :)

Maroual wrote:
If you want to know if it a pirate version, you should check its mastering SID code.
If your CD was made in the EU its SID code should look like IFPI L017, L127, LV26 or LV27 and you should also be able to read "MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC" engraved next to it.
If your CD is the US Edition, its SID code should look like IFPI L327, L328 or L329 which is Sony DADC US (DIDX).
Other codes are possible, but a CD carrying a chinese plant code would be dubious.

It says LV27, MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC. *sigh of relief* Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:32 am 

just plain doug wrote:
zongadude wrote:
... here are no lyrics printed on the 2012 remastered CD here in Europe. So my guess is your cd is ok.

seriously ¿¿ no lyrics in your cd ¿¿ :shock:

mine has both the fold-out full size lyric sheet plus the single sheet with super-tiny text ... somehow, you guys got bum copies ¿

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:49 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
zongadude wrote:
... here are no lyrics printed on the 2012 remastered CD here in Europe. So my guess is your cd is ok.

seriously ¿¿ no lyrics in your cd ¿¿ :shock:

mine has both the fold-out full size lyric sheet plus the single sheet with super-tiny text ... somehow, you guys got bum copies ¿

My "Over-Nite Sensation" has all that stuff, but "Apostrophe" has only a 4pg booklet, no lyrics.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:59 pm 

My Barfko purchased Ryko Apostrophe has the lyric sheet, my Amazon purchased UM 2012 hasn't...but hey I'm at the bottom of the world, so wgafa. Most of the 35 2012's I have so far, have quality inserts or booklets, however We'er only in it, Rueben & Grand Wazoo to name a few contain the micro printed multi folded sheets, which must have been inserted prior to the ink drying and dispite taking great care unfolding these the text or image has been destroyed along the creases. Thankfully I have the info from the vinyl and Ryko.. Cheap UM very cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:06 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
... mine [UME Apostophe] has both the fold-out full size lyric sheet plus the single sheet with super-tiny text ... somehow, you guys got bum copies ...
Pics?

Post subject: re: fz 2012 reissues
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:47 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Pics?
uh, got out my camera, but the battery's dead ... and, like, power's down from the hurricane, yea, it's a full-on blackout, can't charge it back up

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:21 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
My Barfko purchased Ryko Apostrophe has the lyric sheet, my Amazon purchased UM 2012 hasn't...but hey I'm at the bottom of the world, so wgafa. Most of the 35 2012's I have so far, have quality inserts or booklets, however We'er only in it, Rueben & Grand Wazoo to name a few contain the micro printed multi folded sheets, which must have been inserted prior to the ink drying and dispite taking great care unfolding these the text or image has been destroyed along the creases. Thankfully I have the info from the vinyl and Ryko.. Cheap UM very cheap.

The thing is I really enjoy reading the lyrics while listening to Zappas music, especially on Apostrophe, because of the funny spelling of many of the words used in the songs. But I always got my old RYKO-version sheet, with the lyrics. Or I can just google 'em. :)

I agree that they look superior in any other way (my Grand Wazoo sheet is not in the same shape as yours).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:45 am 

FAKE!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 am 

jaypfunk wrote:

FAKE!!!!

:cry:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:10 pm 

Quote:
November/December:
You know You Can't Do That Onstage Anymore, volumes of times but what you can do at your next picnic with your friendly Playground Psychotics - always soooo Ahead Of Their Time that is almost annoying - is treat yourself to a large orchestral snack of The Yellow Shark. Whenever the question is Have I Offended Someone? you won't need an ocean of Läther to find that Mystery Disc. You will know the answer in all the Lost Episodes and in each, every and all the Finer Moments

So we get Lather, no word on 200 Motels, and what's "Finer Moments"?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 120  Next