Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:51 pm
Posts: 355
Question about the reissued Helsinki CD: if anybody has it, could he tell me how it sounds? The replaced drums are awful to me on the original version, it would be a REAL great fun to have it made sound "normal". Now it sound like there is a band, and there is a kick-drum - two separate entity. Would be fine to have it a normal-sounding way.

thank for the info, in advance!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1233
They would need to remix the set to restore the bass drum sound.

IMO, if they do that, they may as well put out the full shows without the edits and manufactured segues FZ created when he put this release together. If the unedited multis still exist...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:55 pm
Posts: 215
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
pbuzby wrote:
They would need to remix the set to restore the bass drum sound.

IMO, if they do that, they may as well put out the full shows without the edits and manufactured segues FZ created when he put this release together. If the unedited multis still exist...


Would be a nice "Project/Object" type thing but I don't see it happening. It is what it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 264
Location: London
balint wrote:
Question about the reissued Helsinki CD: if anybody has it, could he tell me how it sounds? The replaced drums are awful to me on the original version, it would be a REAL great fun to have it made sound "normal". Now it sound like there is a band, and there is a kick-drum - two separate entity. Would be fine to have it a normal-sounding way.

thank for the info, in advance!


sorry to tell you but it's the old one with the fake kick drum:-(

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/hakantunamusic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:54 pm
Posts: 30
I don't believe the UME version of anything originally released after Them Or Us is any different than the Ryko version.

It is nice to have this stuff back in print, though. I've got a few I still need to pick up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:51 pm
Posts: 355
mistrijah wrote:
sorry to tell you but it's the old one with the fake kick drum:-(


ayyyyy.... sorry to hear that. That means that I won't buy the new one. BTW I don't care if it's the original or the new drum as long as it sounds good! :-) The original version is quite bad to my ears, and now it seems that the new one is just the sam - a pity!

Thanks for the info!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6937
Location: South wales
balint wrote:
mistrijah wrote:
sorry to tell you but it's the old one with the fake kick drum:-(


ayyyyy.... sorry to hear that. That means that I won't buy the new one. BTW I don't care if it's the original or the new drum as long as it sounds good! :-) The original version is quite bad to my ears, and now it seems that the new one is just the sam - a pity!

Thanks for the info!
Spell correct you Asshole.

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15000
cleon wrote:
balint wrote:
mistrijah wrote:
sorry to tell you but it's the old one with the fake kick drum:-(


ayyyyy.... sorry to hear that. That means that I won't buy the new one. BTW I don't care if it's the original or the new drum as long as it sounds good! :-) The original version is quite bad to my ears, and now it seems that the new one is just the sam - a pity!

Thanks for the info!
Spell correct you Asshole.


It's actually "Spell correct, you asshole." or you might have meant "Spell it correct, you asshole." Watch your grammar, douchenozzle.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6937
Location: South wales
Watch being a nosey Bastard punctuation :mrgreen:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15000
cleon wrote:
Watch being a nosey Bastard punctuation :mrgreen:


Your attempt at forming a lucid sentence has fallen awry. Perhaps your verbiage is indicative of your jejune nature, jizz jar.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2205
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Nosey Bastard Punctuation (n) A system of grammatical notation primarily used by children of unwed mothers who are overly interested in the personal affairs of others.

I only provide this free service (defining otherwise-unintelligible phraseology) in a humble effort to Advance the Cause of World Peace :shock: 8)

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Austin, TX (wherever I am)
Back to the original post.

I did a null test on "Stinkfoot" between the original 1988 Ryko and the new 2012 UMe CD. Flat line.

It's exactly the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6937
Location: South wales
dlokazip wrote:
Back to the original post.

I did a null test on "Stinkfoot" between the original 1988 Ryko and the new 2012 UMe CD. Flat line.

It's exactly the same.

That must be part of where gail says 2012 CD's are like BB releases or maybe the CD covers are :? :D
because i never bought a Ryko of FZ till 1995 in UK

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group