Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:07 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
This is a low priority issue. Women's freedom of choice at keeping big government out of her lady parts should be a top priority. It's fascism, nothing more, nothing less.

How many states are voting to ban abortion?

just plain doug wrote:
You are wasting your time in this thread, Spacey. The government ain't gonna be swayed by anything a bunch of potheads say. In fact, it's more likely to get you ignored because they are backing you!

Whoever wins todays election will likely get to pick at least one Supreme Court justice, and possibly more. An Obama justice pick who would protect Roe vs Wade would be more likely to pass a judgement in favor of legalisation. If you guys haven't figured it out by now, for as old as we all are, you wouldv'e noticed that the Liberal side of the ticket tends to support legislation and laws that protect or give people rights, while the Conservative side tends to focus on taking them away. It's just the way the system operates. Not my rules.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:53 am 

True conservatives want less government. Ron Paul is all for ending the drug war, and my right to do as I please with my body.

Obama has been taking away people's rights since his election...the NDAA, for one thing, gives him the right to incarcerate anyone forever for no reason whatsoever.

He lied about laying off federal medical marijuana interdiction. Don't come in here telling me that asshole has my freedom as his first priority...he's tool of the worst sort, a deceptive tool.

We've been over the abortion thing. It's a question of morality, and how a woman's body is percieved. Many women insist that the baby is part of their body, others disagree.

In any case, it's legal despite the moral dispute...so why the fuck can't I smoke a joint?

Without worrying about John Law writing me up, or Jerry Job checking my urine?

It's oppression, plain and simple.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 am 

...and then I smoke two more. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:40 am 

They're breathing a little easier in Colorado and Washington this morning.

It gives me hope, and I hope my old car makes it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 am 

Get thee to Colorado and enjoy thyself says the Lord :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 pm 

8) Rockey Mountain High anyone? 8) Good for Colo.& Wash.state.It'll save the state's 100's of millions just in the court-arrest-punishment-education ect. The man loves a dope smoker.He can bust him and have no fear that the real badguys would bring with them.Or should I say lack of fear.Make the bastards work! 2 joints,1 suspect,2-5 cops all checkin' it.Do the math and use common sense... the man just wants the respect and money with no grief.What better way to come home safe,busting heads & hippies,than chasing down some theives,rapist or violent felons,parolee's screwing up,the cruddy stuff they're payed to "take care of".Nope,it's feds and heads time again and the local boys are the same way,no matter where you are,POT = easy pickins for the man,man. :roll:

Legalize it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:59 pm 

You should hurry - the feds are not going to like this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm 

Colorado and Washington legalizing weed for recreational use is probably the best news I heard from the election.
Excuse me now while I vaporize some Blueberry Kush.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:56 pm 

The city I live in voted at a 60% margin to decriminalize marijuana. They will treat it like a parking/traffic ticket. First offense is a $25 fine, second is a $50 fine, then $100 each time afterwards, but no jail time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 pm 

Now, if only Obama would declare it a low-priority Federal enforcement concern, maybe we can keep some more folks out of jail.

Hey! Does the passing of these propositions mean that small-time weed sellers get out of prison in those states?!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
True conservatives want less government. Ron Paul is all for ending the drug war, and my right to do as I please with my body.

Obama has been taking away people's rights since his election...the NDAA, for one thing, gives him the right to incarcerate anyone forever for no reason whatsoever.

He lied about laying off federal medical marijuana interdiction. Don't come in here telling me that asshole has my freedom as his first priority...he's tool of the worst sort, a deceptive tool.

We've been over the abortion thing. It's a question of morality, and how a woman's body is percieved. Many women insist that the baby is part of their body, others disagree.

In any case, it's legal despite the moral dispute...so why the fuck can't I smoke a joint?

Without worrying about John Law writing me up, or Jerry Job checking my urine?

It's oppression, plain and simple.

TRUTH.

And I'm very glad to hear Amendment 64 passed in Washington State and Colorado! It's excellent news despite the perpetually bleak economic state of the nation...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:10 pm 

economy in Colorado and Washington is about to BOOOOOOM!!!!!

construction jobs
coffeshop jobs
bud tender jobs
gardening jobs
gardening store jobs
head shop jobs

and now the time the pigs wasted on Johhny pot smoker can be used to get real criminals.

and now I don't have to make Amsterdam (7 hour flight and 12 bills) a pot tourist destination. Denver is just 3 hours and 5 bills away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:14 pm 

Well, it's going to be at least a year in Washington before they can sell it. I don't know about Colorado.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:33 pm 

Cal, this just says the country is changing. Obama isn't concerned about reelection anymore, I am betting the Feds stay out of it. Colorado will be a good model I think. When the state figures out how to market this as tourism, you will see serious consideration in other states. This election gay marriage did well - personal freedom on the rise and the decline of influence of old white men - that's real progress. :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:04 pm 

It would be nice if it was legal everywhere. I really don't care either way. I tried it a couple of times, didn't like it, but I still have friends who probably do smoke. I saw the episode of Dr. Oz where Montel said it's the only thing that helps him with his MS pain. The counter arguments were mostly uninformed bullshit. You know, gateway drug, all that crap. And you know I still believe it's still going to be illegal to minors. Why don't you go sit with a cancer patient when they're in intense pain and tell them that they can't have the one thing that would make them feel better because it's "bad". Buncha fucknut jizzjar sanctimonious douchenozzle cretins.

Oh, and one more thing.....if God put something on this planet that's beneficial, then why are religious people against it?

Post subject: re: dank days
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:14 pm 

in medical states the man reacts to complaints or follows the big money ... states gets sales tax, cities get permit fees [around ~$40k a pop in oaksterdam] and the people get the dank bud

don't know the rules in recreational states, can anyone open shop & start dealing over the counter ¿ if so, it would be hard to bust that many people

they got no warrants
in their pockets
but that badge
makes them supreme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 am 

In the US, the passage of a law in most states sets general parameters, the rules for operation then get drafted.

Cal, I still smoke it, and it relaxes me and i want it legal everywhere. It should be licensed and taxed, like any commodity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:29 am 

I worked a couple of months in California this year, leading a few younger people in some network cabling jobs.

I hadn't smoked anything in quite a while, but I could smell these guys, and I eventually partook of the easily available bud.

I gave me pause to reflect. If it is easily available, and cheap, I must restrain myself from waking and baking, as I have done so much in my life. It's just easier to get my work done without the cloud. Now, perhaps later in the day, when I need some inspiration, smoking while on the job might be appropriate, but I can't be getting high all day as per usual when available, especially with the kick-ass shit now on the market.

These guys I worked with knew what they were doing as far as running cable, but they screwed a few things up that almost cost us a bundle. You know what, though? I don't blame the smoke. I blame the smart phones they had sewn to their hands. They simply could not take their attentions away from their stupid social networking bullshit. Therefore, they were not paying attention when I gave the instructions. I told a couple of guys that I was going to stick their goddamn phones up their asses, and you know what? They quit! (O well, you can't threaten temps that way.)

Anyhoo...I definitely want it legal, but I do believe that some folks, myself included, probably love it too much.

There's another thing I worry about. I've smoked it since I was young. These adults that try it for the first time are going to relive their entire lives the first time they get stoned. I'll bet some of the weaker ones freak out, and such instances will be used against the effort to legalize it nationwide.

It just takes one or two lightweights to spoil it for everyone.

But, it remains to be seen, and I am glad to see it in my lifetime.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:35 am 

Rope leash. I clearly think it is inappropriate to be in any way altered in the cranium when you are at work, being paid for by others. But it will be good if it spreads, much better recreation than alcohol.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 pm 

I don't know, tweeze...I know of at least one employer that tolerates it, because it makes boring shit interesting. The work they do is very repetitive. Of course, if there is an incident, management retains complete deniability.

But, how would they know for sure if someone is high at work? A saliva test, of course...but to be fair, everyone would have to be tested every day, and positive results can occur for many days after smoking.

It will be interesting to see how all this pans out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 pm 

tweezers wrote:
I clearly think it is inappropriate to be in any way altered in the cranium when you are at work, being paid for by others.

Coffee must be banned!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 am 

...and anti-depressants!

Maine and Rhode Island state legislators are introducing recreational marijuana bills...

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/s ... row/25849/

...and similar bills are planned in Vermont and Massachusetts.

It might be a trend... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:09 pm 

A rope leash wrote:

Well, if everyone else is doing it... :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:21 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
...and anti-depressants!

Maine and Rhode Island state legislators are introducing recreational marijuana bills...

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/s ... row/25849/

...and similar bills are planned in Vermont and Massachusetts.

I sure hope so

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 pm 

Marijuana legalisation in the US: Five burning questions

This month, two US states voted to legalise, regulate and tax marijuana. From advertising and marketing to drugged-driving enforcement, we ask what's ahead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20346431

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next