Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14755
polydigm wrote:
BBP wrote:
I really hate it when people use "sister" as an offensive remark.
It's a direct reference from Thing Fish.


Oh. I've listened to it possibly twice.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:44 pm
Posts: 251
Glenn wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Glenn wrote on Nov 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM
How are the downloads coming along ? Who would have thought 4 + years would go by. Maybe a good idea would be to release all the completed concerts now, to all the code holders and call it quits on the project.

Dweezil wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM
So interesting how you change your tone when you write to me directly. You will receive only your download when it's ready.

Glenn wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
It was sarcasm. I know what I will get when it's ready. Everyone has received it. BTW your tone indicates you are still a f*****g tool.

I'm sure I will get my ban now.

_________________
Ob'dewlla 'x
Bob is a douche !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 1917
OBDULA X wrote:
Glenn wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Glenn wrote on Nov 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM
How are the downloads coming along ? Who would have thought 4 + years would go by. Maybe a good idea would be to release all the completed concerts now, to all the code holders and call it quits on the project.

Dweezil wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM
So interesting how you change your tone when you write to me directly. You will receive only your download when it's ready.

Glenn wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
It was sarcasm. I know what I will get when it's ready. Everyone has received it. BTW your tone indicates you are still a f*****g tool.

I'm sure I will get my ban now.

I'm already banned. I can't even remember why anymore (don't care either).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14755
KUIII wrote:
OBDULA X wrote:
Glenn wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Glenn wrote on Nov 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM
How are the downloads coming along ? Who would have thought 4 + years would go by. Maybe a good idea would be to release all the completed concerts now, to all the code holders and call it quits on the project.

Dweezil wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM
So interesting how you change your tone when you write to me directly. You will receive only your download when it's ready.

Glenn wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
It was sarcasm. I know what I will get when it's ready. Everyone has received it. BTW your tone indicates you are still a f*****g tool.

I'm sure I will get my ban now.

I'm already banned. I can't even remember why anymore (don't care either).


It's revenge for making me listen to TMR again. "Hey, Dweez, (we're close), ban him to hell!

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:54 pm
Posts: 30
At this point, I just assume I'm never getting my download. Having moved in the interim, I'd have to work hard to locate that fake backstage pass thingy with the code on it, anyway.

Dweezil should have just released the on-the-fly mixes without worrying about the noise gating etc. Nobody of the live audio fetishist persuasion gives a fuck about that. Hell, I was expecting a raw soundboard. Which would be considerably more than I've gotten.

This illustrates an essential difference between FZ and DZ. FZ over-delivered throughout his entire career. Nobody, not even the shitty record companies, was expecting two or three albums a year--every year--from Frank on top of endless touring. But he was driven to produce music constantly. I'm not sure what drives DZ. His interests seem to wax and wane, even though he's a ridiculously talented musician with opportunities many of us would kill for. It's kind of frustrating, actually, because I'd love to see DZ become the musician he could be.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 3693
Location: Orange County Ca.
profusion wrote:
This illustrates an essential difference between FZ and DZ. FZ over-delivered throughout his entire career. Nobody, not even the shitty record companies, was expecting two or three albums a year--every year--from Frank on top of endless touring. But he was driven to produce music constantly. I'm not sure what drives DZ. His interests seem to wax and wane, even though he's a ridiculously talented musician with opportunities many of us would kill for. It's kind of frustrating, actually, because I'd love to see DZ become the musician he could be.

Maybe you can show us how it's done.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:54 pm
Posts: 30
coevad wrote:
Maybe you can show us how it's done.


http://councilofone.bandcamp.com/

Seven albums in six years, with neither the resources nor the extreme musical genes that Dweezil possesses.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:17 am
Posts: 342
Location: England
Not sure if anyone here saw Dweezil's response to Glenn at DZW on 11/03/2012 at 11:23 AM:

"You have once again proven to the world that you are an ungracious and petulant middle aged man princess."

_________________
What Rip Rense said about Zappa The Hard Way (available in paperback and on Kindle):

"Remarkable in detail and interview, an unexpected and invaluable look at a such an important and ill-fated moment in Frank's career."

www.idiotbastard.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18484
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Even an ungracious and petulant middle aged man princess needs love! (or a download)

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9243
Location: EINDHOVEN
Not sure what he means by "man princess", but if he means "spoiled", why doesn't he say spoiled and leave all the females who associate themselves with princesses (because that's what's being spoon-fed to you, all those princess fairy-tales) respected? Nah. I've had many fandoms over the years, and the only ones I shedded, are Teddy Ruxpin, CareBears, Snorkels and Dweezil Zappa. The Nefarious Four.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18733
Location: Somewhere in time
Downloads another economic victim of President G.W. Bush's Republican crash of the econimy!... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 7417
Location: Wellington New Zealand
howling with laughter, I love this thread, and this forum in general.......honesty is the best policy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:19 am
Posts: 465
Location: San Jose...not Reseda, CA
profusion wrote:
coevad wrote:
Maybe you can show us how it's done.


http://councilofone.bandcamp.com/

Seven albums in six years, with neither the resources nor the extreme musical genes that Dweezil possesses.



Damn good stuff so far from what I can tell. Nice dedication to Jon!

_________________
Music > Everything
CLETUS must now, regretfully, dispose of the ones who refuse to alter their unmusical ways.
http://www.vulturesawait.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3498
Location: Vancouver, BC
Plook wrote:
Downloads another economic victim of President G.W. Bush's Republican crash of the econimy!... :smoke:


I see you STILL haven't read about how Clinton signed the repeal of The Glass-Steagall Act and hence contributed to the above. Or maybe you're just ignoring it?

:roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18733
Location: Somewhere in time
Disco Boy wrote:
Plook wrote:
Downloads another economic victim of President G.W. Bush's Republican crash of the econimy!... :smoke:


I see you STILL haven't read about how Clinton signed the repeal of The Glass-Steagall Act and hence contributed to the above. Or maybe you're just ignoring it?

:roll:



Sometimes its fun just to throw a good joke out there... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:44 pm
Posts: 251
BBP wrote:
Not sure what he means by "man princess", but if he means "spoiled", why doesn't he say spoiled and leave all the females who associate themselves with princesses (because that's what's being spoon-fed to you, all those princess fairy-tales) respected? Nah. I've had many fandoms over the years, and the only ones I shedded, are Teddy Ruxpin, CareBears, Snorkels and Dweezil Zappa. The Nefarious Four.


I don't where you get spoiled. Persistent, relentless. Petulant?

pet·u·lant   [pech-uh-luhnt]
adjective
moved to or showing sudden, impatient irritation, especially over some trifling annoyance: a petulant toss of the head.
This is just an annoyance to DBD
We've waited 4 years. Year 1 was patient.
Urban dictionary . Best describes DZ.
trifling:
someone who is one or all of the following : dishonest, shady, secretive, a player, 'all talk' without following thru, not worthy of trust....in general, a lack of ethics or general morale ie: worthless

Once again, shows how little he cares, except for the ones who will buy the next release. Douche Bag Dweezil !

_________________
Ob'dewlla 'x
Bob is a douche !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:54 pm
Posts: 30
The Idiot Bastard wrote:
Not sure if anyone here saw Dweezil's response to Glenn at DZW on 11/03/2012 at 11:23 AM:

"You have once again proven to the world that you are an ungracious and petulant middle aged man princess."


So, it's "spoiled" to expect to receive something you paid for? Remember, those YCFOSA tickets were ridiculously expensive, and part of the package being bought was that freakin' download. It wasn't a bonus.

Look, Dweezil just needs to admit that he screwed up and promised something he couldn't deliver. Forget trying to noise gate the shit out of everything, and just release rough mixes, warts and all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5907
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Maybe somebody forgot to press the red button.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18733
Location: Somewhere in time
profusion wrote:
The Idiot Bastard wrote:
Not sure if anyone here saw Dweezil's response to Glenn at DZW on 11/03/2012 at 11:23 AM:

"You have once again proven to the world that you are an ungracious and petulant middle aged man princess."


So, it's "spoiled" to expect to receive something you paid for? Remember, those YCFOSA tickets were ridiculously expensive, and part of the package being bought was that freakin' download. It wasn't a bonus.

Look, Dweezil just needs to admit that he screwed up and promised something he couldn't deliver. Forget trying to noise gate the shit out of everything, and just release rough mixes, warts and all.



Maybe they lost money like everyone during the crash and couldn't support paying for the projects, because he is a man of his word he has worked tirelessly on his own spare time to try to finish the project...Oh that’s right that would be a positive optimistic out look, a glass half full, if you will. That is impossible with a bunch of pessimistic, self absorbed, negative Nellie’s…a glass half empty group you see…

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18484
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Image

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:44 pm
Posts: 251
Plook wrote:
profusion wrote:
The Idiot Bastard wrote:
Not sure if anyone here saw Dweezil's response to Glenn at DZW on 11/03/2012 at 11:23 AM:

"You have once again proven to the world that you are an ungracious and petulant middle aged man princess."


So, it's "spoiled" to expect to receive something you paid for? Remember, those YCFOSA tickets were ridiculously expensive, and part of the package being bought was that freakin' download. It wasn't a bonus.

Look, Dweezil just needs to admit that he screwed up and promised something he couldn't deliver. Forget trying to noise gate the shit out of everything, and just release rough mixes, warts and all.



Maybe they lost money like everyone during the crash and couldn't support paying for the projects, because he is a man of his word he has worked tirelessly on his own spare time to try to finish the project...Oh that’s right that would be a positive optimistic out look, a glass half full, if you will. That is impossible with a bunch of pessimistic, self absorbed, negative Nellie’s…a glass half empty group you see…

:smoke:


That is a big pile of bullshit yer stackin.

_________________
Ob'dewlla 'x
Bob is a douche !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18733
Location: Somewhere in time
Maybe, but we don't know, we have a tendency not to look at all the possibilities and when alternative possibilities are presented they are normally shot down for some time until the truth is known...it human nature.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9243
Location: EINDHOVEN
just plain doug wrote:
Image


A picture says more than a thousand words! I need to remember this image: it will sure come in handy sometime! Image

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:44 pm
Posts: 251
After 4 fucking years And 6 shows finished, I think that his excuses are bullshit. The whole, I'll release them all when they are ALL done is the big blowoff. They will never ALL be finished till he can make every dime out of this project. If I'm not mistaken, The Roxy shows were recorded for DVD. Those shows (which means all shows) will not be seen before that is released. We will probably be able to buy a copy of the Roxy shows on CD before we get the downloads of them. I already bought the "Return Of" CD which was the Chicago shows (already released) and a song from NYC. So The Blender shows are done? Who the fuck knows.
His whole attitude toward the whole project is fucked up. Berate the ones who complain about something they paid for, and he didn;t deliver, 4 FUCKING YEARS AGO. Oh, thats right, I got a sorry i'm a douchebag download, of most of a show I bought. He got double the cash from me and many others. Fuck him !
I don't ever expect the rest of the downloads to be released.
Don't ever expect me to stop bitchin.
Don't like it, Don't open the thread or you can call me a middle aged man princess
Dz is 5 years younger than myself. I guess he is a middle aged douchebag.

_________________
Ob'dewlla 'x
Bob is a douche !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:44 pm
Posts: 251
polydigm wrote:
Maybe somebody forgot to press the red button.

The easy button?

_________________
Ob'dewlla 'x
Bob is a douche !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group