Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:35 am 

polydigm wrote:
BBP wrote:
I really hate it when people use "sister" as an offensive remark.
It's a direct reference from Thing Fish.

Oh. I've listened to it possibly twice.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:24 am 

Glenn wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Glenn wrote on Nov 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM
How are the downloads coming along ? Who would have thought 4 + years would go by. Maybe a good idea would be to release all the completed concerts now, to all the code holders and call it quits on the project.

Dweezil wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM
So interesting how you change your tone when you write to me directly. You will receive only your download when it's ready.

Glenn wrote on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
It was sarcasm. I know what I will get when it's ready. Everyone has received it. BTW your tone indicates you are still a f*****g tool.

I'm sure I will get my ban now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:30 pm 

OBDULA X wrote:
How are the downloads coming along ? Who would have thought 4 + years would go by. Maybe a good idea would be to release all the completed concerts now, to all the code holders and call it quits on the project.

So interesting how you change your tone when you write to me directly. You will receive only your download when it's ready.

It was sarcasm. I know what I will get when it's ready. Everyone has received it. BTW your tone indicates you are still a f*****g tool.

I'm already banned. I can't even remember why anymore (don't care either).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:48 pm 

KUIII wrote:
OBDULA X wrote:

I'm already banned. I can't even remember why anymore (don't care either).

It's revenge for making me listen to TMR again. "Hey, Dweez, (we're close), ban him to hell!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:05 am 

At this point, I just assume I'm never getting my download. Having moved in the interim, I'd have to work hard to locate that fake backstage pass thingy with the code on it, anyway.

Dweezil should have just released the on-the-fly mixes without worrying about the noise gating etc. Nobody of the live audio fetishist persuasion gives a fuck about that. Hell, I was expecting a raw soundboard. Which would be considerably more than I've gotten.

This illustrates an essential difference between FZ and DZ. FZ over-delivered throughout his entire career. Nobody, not even the shitty record companies, was expecting two or three albums a year--every year--from Frank on top of endless touring. But he was driven to produce music constantly. I'm not sure what drives DZ. His interests seem to wax and wane, even though he's a ridiculously talented musician with opportunities many of us would kill for. It's kind of frustrating, actually, because I'd love to see DZ become the musician he could be.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:59 am 

profusion wrote:
This illustrates an essential difference between FZ and DZ. FZ over-delivered throughout his entire career. Nobody, not even the shitty record companies, was expecting two or three albums a year--every year--from Frank on top of endless touring. But he was driven to produce music constantly. I'm not sure what drives DZ. His interests seem to wax and wane, even though he's a ridiculously talented musician with opportunities many of us would kill for. It's kind of frustrating, actually, because I'd love to see DZ become the musician he could be.

Maybe you can show us how it's done.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 am 

coevad wrote:

http://councilofone.bandcamp.com/

Seven albums in six years, with neither the resources nor the extreme musical genes that Dweezil possesses.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 am 

Not sure if anyone here saw Dweezil's response to Glenn at DZW on 11/03/2012 at 11:23 AM:

"You have once again proven to the world that you are an ungracious and petulant middle aged man princess."

"Remarkable in detail and interview, an unexpected and invaluable look at a such an important and ill-fated moment in Frank's career."

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 pm 

Even an ungracious and petulant middle aged man princess needs love! (or a download)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 pm 

Not sure what he means by "man princess", but if he means "spoiled", why doesn't he say spoiled and leave all the females who associate themselves with princesses (because that's what's being spoon-fed to you, all those princess fairy-tales) respected? Nah. I've had many fandoms over the years, and the only ones I shedded, are Teddy Ruxpin, CareBears, Snorkels and Dweezil Zappa. The Nefarious Four.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:24 pm 

Downloads another economic victim of President G.W. Bush's Republican crash of the econimy!... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:50 pm 

howling with laughter, I love this thread, and this forum in general.......honesty is the best policy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 pm 

profusion wrote:
coevad wrote:

http://councilofone.bandcamp.com/

Seven albums in six years, with neither the resources nor the extreme musical genes that Dweezil possesses.

Damn good stuff so far from what I can tell. Nice dedication to Jon!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:57 pm 

Plook wrote:
Downloads another economic victim of President G.W. Bush's Republican crash of the econimy!... :smoke:

I see you STILL haven't read about how Clinton signed the repeal of The Glass-Steagall Act and hence contributed to the above. Or maybe you're just ignoring it?

:roll:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:27 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Plook wrote:

I see you STILL haven't read about how Clinton signed the repeal of The Glass-Steagall Act and hence contributed to the above. Or maybe you're just ignoring it?

:roll:

Sometimes its fun just to throw a good joke out there... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm 

BBP wrote:
Not sure what he means by "man princess", but if he means "spoiled", why doesn't he say spoiled and leave all the females who associate themselves with princesses (because that's what's being spoon-fed to you, all those princess fairy-tales) respected? Nah. I've had many fandoms over the years, and the only ones I shedded, are Teddy Ruxpin, CareBears, Snorkels and Dweezil Zappa. The Nefarious Four.

I don't where you get spoiled. Persistent, relentless. Petulant?

pet·u·lant   [pech-uh-luhnt]
adjective
moved to or showing sudden, impatient irritation, especially over some trifling annoyance: a petulant toss of the head.
This is just an annoyance to DBD
We've waited 4 years. Year 1 was patient.
Urban dictionary . Best describes DZ.
trifling:
someone who is one or all of the following : dishonest, shady, secretive, a player, 'all talk' without following thru, not worthy of trust....in general, a lack of ethics or general morale ie: worthless

Once again, shows how little he cares, except for the ones who will buy the next release. Douche Bag Dweezil !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 pm 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:
Not sure if anyone here saw Dweezil's response to Glenn at DZW on 11/03/2012 at 11:23 AM:

"You have once again proven to the world that you are an ungracious and petulant middle aged man princess."

So, it's "spoiled" to expect to receive something you paid for? Remember, those YCFOSA tickets were ridiculously expensive, and part of the package being bought was that freakin' download. It wasn't a bonus.

Look, Dweezil just needs to admit that he screwed up and promised something he couldn't deliver. Forget trying to noise gate the shit out of everything, and just release rough mixes, warts and all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:53 pm 

Maybe somebody forgot to press the red button.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 am 

profusion wrote:
The Idiot Bastard wrote:

So, it's "spoiled" to expect to receive something you paid for? Remember, those YCFOSA tickets were ridiculously expensive, and part of the package being bought was that freakin' download. It wasn't a bonus.

Look, Dweezil just needs to admit that he screwed up and promised something he couldn't deliver. Forget trying to noise gate the shit out of everything, and just release rough mixes, warts and all.

Maybe they lost money like everyone during the crash and couldn't support paying for the projects, because he is a man of his word he has worked tirelessly on his own spare time to try to finish the project...Oh that’s right that would be a positive optimistic out look, a glass half full, if you will. That is impossible with a bunch of pessimistic, self absorbed, negative Nellie’s…a glass half empty group you see…

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:13 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:55 pm 

Plook wrote:
profusion wrote:
The Idiot Bastard wrote:

Maybe they lost money like everyone during the crash and couldn't support paying for the projects, because he is a man of his word he has worked tirelessly on his own spare time to try to finish the project...Oh that’s right that would be a positive optimistic out look, a glass half full, if you will. That is impossible with a bunch of pessimistic, self absorbed, negative Nellie’s…a glass half empty group you see…

That is a big pile of bullshit yer stackin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:54 pm 

Maybe, but we don't know, we have a tendency not to look at all the possibilities and when alternative possibilities are presented they are normally shot down for some time until the truth is known...it human nature.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:40 am 

just plain doug wrote:

A picture says more than a thousand words! I need to remember this image: it will sure come in handy sometime! Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:29 pm 

After 4 fucking years And 6 shows finished, I think that his excuses are bullshit. The whole, I'll release them all when they are ALL done is the big blowoff. They will never ALL be finished till he can make every dime out of this project. If I'm not mistaken, The Roxy shows were recorded for DVD. Those shows (which means all shows) will not be seen before that is released. We will probably be able to buy a copy of the Roxy shows on CD before we get the downloads of them. I already bought the "Return Of" CD which was the Chicago shows (already released) and a song from NYC. So The Blender shows are done? Who the fuck knows.
His whole attitude toward the whole project is fucked up. Berate the ones who complain about something they paid for, and he didn;t deliver, 4 FUCKING YEARS AGO. Oh, thats right, I got a sorry i'm a douchebag download, of most of a show I bought. He got double the cash from me and many others. Fuck him !
I don't ever expect the rest of the downloads to be released.
Don't ever expect me to stop bitchin.
Don't like it, Don't open the thread or you can call me a middle aged man princess
Dz is 5 years younger than myself. I guess he is a middle aged douchebag.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:30 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Maybe somebody forgot to press the red button.

The easy button?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next