Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 163  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:54 am 

Thanks guys I think I am suffering from some exhaustion and needed to rant, I have been telling her the same thing you have Kapt., but personnely things can creep into your mind. It doesn't help to be run down either, I am going to get stuff done this morning I got a good 6 hours of sleep last night and feel a little refreshed. Yes they bought me Kapt and I need the insurance so I am going to tightin up my kicks and get to it, I have 2 days in Oklahoma to get 4 more audits done and I need to publish 6 more earlier audits by COB today, and I finished writing 3 last night. So I may just stay in the room most of the day and get 'er done...thanks again!

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 pm 

Hello is this room service?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:07 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Hello is this room service?

Ya what I did is the fish with the eye falling out and a phonecian bible... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:30 pm 

Plook wrote:
Thanks guys I think I am suffering from some exhaustion and needed to rant, I have been telling her the same thing you have Kapt., but personnely things can creep into your mind. It doesn't help to be run down either, I am going to get stuff done this morning I got a good 6 hours of sleep last night and feel a little refreshed. Yes they bought me Kapt and I need the insurance so I am going to tightin up my kicks and get to it, I have 2 days in Oklahoma to get 4 more audits done and I need to publish 6 more earlier audits by COB today, and I finished writing 3 last night. So I may just stay in the room most of the day and get 'er done...thanks again!

Don't forget tonic water with quinine in it for RLS and leg craps at night in general.I sip on a quart off and on and it lasts for up to 3days for me.So a pint a day should work.It works for me.Just a tip bro'.
Now back to work! You da man Plook,git 'er done bro'! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 pm 

Getting ready to publish my last report, two are technically outside the COB window but will have todays date, I have to do 4 audits at Sprint tomorrow, but they will not be due until next Tuesday.

Mrs.Plook is having here biopsy tomorrow, the Daughter Plook the Younger (Izzy's Mom) had her birthday today 27 and the Daughter Plook the Elder will be 30 in May, man I am getting old...

Mrs.Plook back in 1981 when she almost died, she had a baseball size cist on ovary explode, they left her with 1/8 of one ovary and 1/4 of the other. They told us she would probably never have kids and if she did it was a 1 in a million chance, 2 years later we had one. Two years after that we were doing some sporting activity and she twisted her ankle, we went to the doctor and they were going to take an X-ray, they said they have to do a pregnancy test first (safety reasons) we said we already had our 1 in a million child. They took the test she came out with a cast on her broken ankle and pregnant.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 pm 

Time waits for no one.At least Ms.Plook seems to still like your ancient armaments. :mrgreen:

A big birthday hug to Plook the younger daughter. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:26 am 

Yes she does Kap, the Daughter Plook the Elder gave me a birthday card with an archeology dig on the front with some guy looking at a tablet the card said something like “Happy Birthday…the good news they found your birth certificate and it wasn’t broken”

Another 6 hours sleep I am feeling good, printed my tickets this morning, man another freaking butt crack of dawn flight tomorrow, Sweat Jesus!

The good news I have hit some milestone with United (I must have reached 25,000 miles this year), I get free checked bag and free upgrades, wooo hoo! That’s why I got the free upgrade to first class on Saturday, that was great!

Got to get ready for work soon...I will check back in… :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:40 pm 

Well its not looking good for Mrs.Plook, we get the results Friday but the Oncologist is 95% sure she will have to have a Mastectomy. It just isn't fair for her, she is really good person, it just isn't right.

:(

Well I head home in the morning... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:47 pm 

So sorry to hear, man. :cry:
I suppose bad news is better than no news (meaning: better to know than it still being undetected). Hopefully you guys can be proactive and do as much damage control as possible.
My thoughts are with you and your family, Plook. :|

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:42 pm 

Plook wrote:
Well its not looking good for Mrs.Plook, we get the results Friday but the Oncologist is 95% sure she will have to have a Mastectomy. It just isn't fair for her, she is really good person, it just isn't right.

Well I head home in the morning...

El fuckin' bummo man! :cry: It's a shame Ms. Plook would have to go through something like that.Well she does have a good man to help her through these trying times.Some folks have no one.....If it comes down to tryng to save anything for vanities sake,dont! Get it all at once,so she don't have to go through this in perpetuity.Give her my best,I know you and the girls will be there for her so it's good she has a wonderful support team behind her.Go team Plookers and get well fast MS.Plook.Thank the skies for early detection.Like PIB mentioned,it's good this isn't going to sit there for a few more months/years until it's detected.Stay positive bro'. :cry: {-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:09 pm 

Thanks your right early detectionis key, I'm cooked, work can wait I need to hit the hay I have a 3:15am waake up for a 6:00am flight... :|

I discovered I reach 40,000 miles for the year so I get free checked bag and can get economy plus for free when avaliable and possible first class upgrades depending on the flight.

See ya all from the Nor Cal... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:15 pm 

Plook wrote:
Thanks your right early detectionis key, I'm cooked, work can wait I need to hit the hay I have a 3:15am waake up for a 6:00am flight... :|

I discovered I reach 40,000 miles for the year so I get free checked bag and can get economy plus for free when avaliable and possible first class upgrades depending on the flight.

See ya all from the Nor Cal... :smoke:

Safe travels, man!

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:12 pm 

Made it home safe, got the full time machine effect almost got home before I left...lol...I get to work two 8 hour days in one...yipeee...

Well tomorrow morning we get the final word on Mrs.Plooks diagnosis, everybody say your prayers tonight and you atheists bit the bullet it wont kill you to give it a go, she needs the good vibes...thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:24 pm 

Plook wrote:
Made it home safe, got the full time machine effect almost got home before I left...lol...I get to work two 8 hour days in one...yipeee...

Well tomorrow morning we get the final word on Mrs.Plooks diagnosis, everybody say your prayers tonight and you atheists bit the bullet it wont kill you to give it a go, she needs the good vibes...thanks!

My positive energy field is flowing her way and will stay with her until this is over,that's a given!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:30 pm 

Hey, just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I can't send good thoughts and vibes your way! :wink:
Best of luck Plook - me and the Mrs. are rootin' for you and yours!

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 am 

I am not sure I am equipped for this type of situation, my poor wife is scared and confused the uncertainty of what will happen is getting the best of her. I am being understanding and supportive, but I am not good in this role.

I know how to act in a physical crisis, I know how to jump in front of the car, I know how to run into the burning house, dive into the raging water…this is something completely different.

I have no control, there is no action I can take, no maneuver to perform…I absolutely ill equipment and full I helpless to do anything for my wife.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:32 am 

Plook wrote:
I am not sure I am equipped for this type of situation, my poor wife is scared and confused the uncertainty of what will happen is getting the best of her. I am being understanding and supportive, but I am not good in this role.

I know how to act in a physical crisis, I know how to jump in front of the car, I know how to run into the burning house, dive into the raging water…this is something completely different.

I have no control, there is no action I can take, no maneuver to perform…I absolutely ill equipment and full I helpless to do anything for my wife.

Although I haven't tackled your position head-on, specifically - I have dealt with other events that were out of my control in life and learned how to best cope with them and focus on the end goal. I know you're an avid reader so I would definitely suggest picking up a book (or 3) on how to cope with such a thing. I can only imagine that there are some great resources out there on the subject. Take advantage of the struggles that others had to go through and apply their wisdom to your own. I feel terrible for you guys though and want you to know that our thoughts are with you guys, for sure. I told the wife as well and she has you and the Mrs. in her thoughts as well. "You know we gotta stick together!" - FZ

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 am 

Stay strong for her, Plook. I know from personal experience how tough it is; it's what will help her the most.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:09 pm 

Well its a mixed bag, yes it is breast cancer, the lump is in the 2 centimeter range and attached or nearly attached to the nipple, this puts us most likely in the stage 1 to 2 category.

In 2 weeks they will remove the mass along with surrounding tissue and samples from her lymph glands, if only the mass is cancerous she gets 6 weeks of radiation and regular check ups.

If the surrounding tissue shows signs of cancer or her lymph glands’ they will perform a total mass on her right breast and she will have to have chemo.

As it stands right now her survival rate is 85%, I will take those odds all day long...

:|

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:17 pm 

Thanks for the update, Plook! 85% sounds good to me. Maintain that positive outlook and hang in there! :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 pm 

The 85% sounds like a positive sign Plook,just be there for her.I know you will,but sometimes our feelings of hopelessness,because we can't do anything concrete,can seep through and she'll pick up on your vibes.Bad ju-ju.Keep your shields up on that one and stay focused on the end result.Which is; She will beat this and be with us for a long time to come.Believe it. I do!
I'm just sorry you guys have to go through this kind of crap.You got my # if you feel you just want to air it out to a friend.I've known some ladies (friends) that have had the same thing happen to them.
Like the song sez: The waiting is the hardest part. :wink: {-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:13 pm 

Thank you again

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:51 pm 

85%? My dad went in for an operation, and was given a 33% chance of survival. If he can make through ok, 85% should be a certainty!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:46 pm 

Hey, Plook! I haven't been around much lately so sorry for the late support but my thoughts are with all of you. 8) :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:53 pm 

Hey Plook, here's to a speedy recovery for Mrs. P. and my best wishes to all of you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 163  Next