Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The city I live in voted at a 60% margin to decriminalize marijuana. They will treat it like a parking/traffic ticket. First offense is a $25 fine, second is a $50 fine, then $100 each time afterwards, but no jail time.



Maybe a step in the right direction, but still, unacceptable. Why? Because traffic tickets are another bullshit scam to draw up revenue for the county. Ever notice that 90% of motorist pulled over by a pig are ALONE? No witnesses to argue for the motorist in court. Pigs word against yours. Thats why I have zero respect for pigs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15118
bugler wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The city I live in voted at a 60% margin to decriminalize marijuana. They will treat it like a parking/traffic ticket. First offense is a $25 fine, second is a $50 fine, then $100 each time afterwards, but no jail time.



Maybe a step in the right direction, but still, unacceptable. Why? Because traffic tickets are another bullshit scam to draw up revenue for the county. Ever notice that 90% of motorist pulled over by a pig are ALONE? No witnesses to argue for the motorist in court. Pigs word against yours. Thats why I have zero respect for pigs.



My father was a "pig" for many years, and if you knew the constant shit they go through you might have a little more respect for them. Lumping them all into some sweeping generalization is idiotic. Hey, all marijuana users are lazy jobless cretins who do nothing but sit around and get high! Same thing.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
calvin2hikers wrote:
bugler wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The city I live in voted at a 60% margin to decriminalize marijuana. They will treat it like a parking/traffic ticket. First offense is a $25 fine, second is a $50 fine, then $100 each time afterwards, but no jail time.



Maybe a step in the right direction, but still, unacceptable. Why? Because traffic tickets are another bullshit scam to draw up revenue for the county. Ever notice that 90% of motorist pulled over by a pig are ALONE? No witnesses to argue for the motorist in court. Pigs word against yours. Thats why I have zero respect for pigs.



My father was a "pig" for many years, and if you knew the constant shit they go through you might have a little more respect for them. Lumping them all into some sweeping generalization is idiotic. Hey, all marijuana users are lazy jobless cretins who do nothing but sit around and get high! Same thing.



Idiotic?

EVERY COP is a criminal! Code of silence = conspiracy to with hold information - a crime.

Ever hear of Frank Serpico?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15118
bugler wrote:
Idiotic?
EVERY COP is a criminal! Code of silence = conspiracy to with hold information - a crime.
Ever hear of Frank Serpico?


:roll:

So, you're saying 100 percent of every policeman everywhere is corrupt? Is that what you're saying? Using as your "proof" something that happened 51 years ago in New York City? If that isn't idiocy I don't know what it is - maybe suffocating paranoia or perhaps you got caught doing something and are holding a grudge.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
calvin2hikers wrote:
bugler wrote:
Idiotic?
EVERY COP is a criminal! Code of silence = conspiracy to with hold information - a crime.
Ever hear of Frank Serpico?


:roll:

So, you're saying 100 percent of every policeman everywhere is corrupt? Is that what you're saying? Using as your "proof" something that happened 51 years ago in New York City? If that isn't idiocy I don't know what it is - maybe suffocating paranoia or perhaps you got caught doing something and are holding a grudge.


They have no choice but to be corrupt. See Serpico. Things have not changed in 51 years. Why would you think they have? The war on people who smoke pot has been going on for 75 years. Some things take a long time to change.

Yea, maybe I am holding a grudge. Got busted for possession a few years ago. Went through "the system". For doing nothing wrong, except pissing on a tree at a rest stop on the Jersey Turnpike. But I had a pony tail then, and the pig "profiled me". So he went on a fishing expedition. And he found a bag of weed. Heavens to fucking Betsy!!!!! When the jerkoff pig got done processing me (this took 4 hours), he drove me back to the "scene of the crime" - on the shoulder at 90mph while calling in to his boss "hey sarge, clock me out at 4am". (It was 12 midnight). We get to the crime scene and low and behold my car has miraculously moved from the parking lot to a berm - illegally parked with citation on the windshield.

Now meanwhile, while he's stuffing his face - still on the clock -back at the diner where he was gonna hook up with his cronies to smoke the weed they stole from me (yes, they bragged about smoking my weed), during this time real crimes were being comitted. Robberies.Rapes.Murders. All crimes that could have been prevented had this jerk off pig had his priorities straight. Fucking pig. Fuck him and anyone else who defends him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2064
I'm with you calvin, that no group of people should be painted with a broad brush...

...but...

The police are heavily militarized nowdays, and somewhat out of control, by their own official procedures. Just look at that poor gal in California that had heart seizure after she was tazed for resisting. At least three large CHPs were there, and the only way they could subdue her was with voltage? Then the CHP says they were doing it by the book?

Getting tazed is not a joke.

In my view, most cops are in the business of oppressing the people with aggressive enforcment of bullshit laws. Yes, they can protect people, but most often they arrive after the crime, when the damage is already done. They mostly exist as a way to bring small time crooks and errant citizens into the system where they can be stripped of their money and rights as a way of keeping the "law enforcement industry" in secure appropriations.

This is a large topic and one of my favorites. I don't think that all cops are bad people, I just think that the "us vs them" mentality has become official, and taze first and ask questions later is the chickenshit code that most cops now operate under.

It's by design, no doubt. One day we will all have to be put down by force, and they are preparing for just that...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15118
Hmm, can't delete this one, only edit it...

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Last edited by calvin2hikers on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2064
Sorry about your harrassment, bugler.

It's been well documented that the same personality type that wants to be a cop also wants to be a criminal. That's the problem with jobs that contain a lot of authority...they attract the exact kind of person that should not be in that position.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15118
bugler wrote:
They have no choice but to be corrupt. See Serpico. Things have not changed in 51 years. Why would you think they have? The war on people who smoke pot has been going on for 75 years. Some things take a long time to change.

Yea, maybe I am holding a grudge. Got busted for possession a few years ago. Went through "the system". For doing nothing wrong, except pissing on a tree at a rest stop on the Jersey Turnpike. But I had a pony tail then, and the pig "profiled me". So he went on a fishing expedition. And he found a bag of weed. Heavens to fucking Betsy!!!!! When the jerkoff pig got done processing me (this took 4 hours), he drove me back to the "scene of the crime" - on the shoulder at 90mph while calling in to his boss "hey sarge, clock me out at 4am". (It was 12 midnight). We get to the crime scene and low and behold my car has miraculously moved from the parking lot to a berm - illegally parked with citation on the windshield.

Now meanwhile, while he's stuffing his face - still on the clock -back at the diner where he was gonna hook up with his cronies to smoke the weed they stole from me (yes, they bragged about smoking my weed), during this time real crimes were being comitted. Robberies.Rapes.Murders. All crimes that could have been prevented had this jerk off pig had his priorities straight. Fucking pig. Fuck him and anyone else who defends him.


I can see how that might taint your perspective, but it's not proof of anything. But I'll stop here, since you have a conviction that this one incident proves that they're all like that.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15118
A rope leash wrote:
I'm with you calvin, that no group of people should be painted with a broad brush...

...but...

The police are heavily militarized nowdays, and somewhat out of control, by their own official procedures. Just look at that poor gal in California that had heart seizure after she was tazed for resisting. At least three large CHPs were there, and the only way they could subdue her was with voltage? Then the CHP says they were doing it by the book?

Getting tazed is not a joke.

In my view, most cops are in the business of oppressing the people with aggressive enforcment of bullshit laws. Yes, they can protect people, but most often they arrive after the crime, when the damage is already done. They mostly exist as a way to bring small time crooks and errant citizens into the system where they can be stripped of their money and rights as a way of keeping the "law enforcement industry" in secure appropriations.

This is a large topic and one of my favorites. I don't think that all cops are bad people, I just think that the "us vs them" mentality has become official, and taze first and ask questions later is the chickenshit code that most cops now operate under.

It's by design, no doubt. One day we will all have to be put down by force, and they are preparing for just that...

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15118
And to clarify - there's probably quite a few bad cops out there. I'm not saying there isn't. I'm just saying it's not 100 percent one way or the other.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
calvin2hikers wrote:
bugler wrote:
They have no choice but to be corrupt. See Serpico. Things have not changed in 51 years. Why would you think they have? The war on people who smoke pot has been going on for 75 years. Some things take a long time to change.

Yea, maybe I am holding a grudge. Got busted for possession a few years ago. Went through "the system". For doing nothing wrong, except pissing on a tree at a rest stop on the Jersey Turnpike. But I had a pony tail then, and the pig "profiled me". So he went on a fishing expedition. And he found a bag of weed. Heavens to fucking Betsy!!!!! When the jerkoff pig got done processing me (this took 4 hours), he drove me back to the "scene of the crime" - on the shoulder at 90mph while calling in to his boss "hey sarge, clock me out at 4am". (It was 12 midnight). We get to the crime scene and low and behold my car has miraculously moved from the parking lot to a berm - illegally parked with citation on the windshield.

Now meanwhile, while he's stuffing his face - still on the clock -back at the diner where he was gonna hook up with his cronies to smoke the weed they stole from me (yes, they bragged about smoking my weed), during this time real crimes were being comitted. Robberies.Rapes.Murders. All crimes that could have been prevented had this jerk off pig had his priorities straight. Fucking pig. Fuck him and anyone else who defends him.


I can see how that might taint your perspective, but it's not proof of anything. But I'll stop here, since you have a conviction that this one incident proves that they're all like that.



not to beat a dead horse, but how many times have you seen a broken down motorist get ignored by a passing cop? Its his fucking job to stop and help out.

My great grandfather was a cop. He abused his son, who in turn abused his sons. Child abuse and wife beating also go hand in hand with being a cop. I hope you were not a victim.

I had a childhood nieghbor who had a cop for a dad. Same shit in that household. Eventually, they divorced but not until my friend got into a bar room brawl and killed someone. He did 2 years. For murder. The son of a cop. hmmmmmmmmm....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
A rope leash wrote:
Sorry about your harrassment, bugler.

It's been well documented that the same personality type that wants to be a cop also wants to be a criminal. That's the problem with jobs that contain a lot of authority...they attract the exact kind of person that should not be in that position.



Thanks. That little trip through the system cost me $3,000.00 and a year of probation with drug testing. And that was a conditional discharge. But my jerkoff lawyer (hes no better than a corrupt cop) said for a nominal service charge ($1,000.00) I could get my record expunged totally.

Your point is accurate, it works the same way in casino security.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15118
bugler wrote:
not to beat a dead horse, but how many times have you seen a broken down motorist get ignored by a passing cop? Its his fucking job to stop and help out.

My great grandfather was a cop. He abused his son, who in turn abused his sons. Child abuse and wife beating also go hand in hand with being a cop. I hope you were not a victim.

I had a childhood nieghbor who had a cop for a dad. Same shit in that household. Eventually, they divorced but not until my friend got into a bar room brawl and killed someone. He did 2 years. For murder. The son of a cop. hmmmmmmmmm....


Absolutely nothing like that in my experience. I can't even remember my father spanking me. Or being the least bit aggressive. Hell, he caught my brother in a stolen car and my father never hit him. I'd probably hate all cops too if I went through what you did. But I don't, since the one I know personally has always been a decent and fair human being. But I can't debate your kind of hatred, since it has colored your judgment to the point where it would be useless.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4969
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
An idle question with no malice behind it, Bugler; who would you call if somebody was in the process of breaking into your house - Don Corleone or the cops?

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
calvin2hikers wrote:
bugler wrote:
not to beat a dead horse, but how many times have you seen a broken down motorist get ignored by a passing cop? Its his fucking job to stop and help out.

My great grandfather was a cop. He abused his son, who in turn abused his sons. Child abuse and wife beating also go hand in hand with being a cop. I hope you were not a victim.

I had a childhood nieghbor who had a cop for a dad. Same shit in that household. Eventually, they divorced but not until my friend got into a bar room brawl and killed someone. He did 2 years. For murder. The son of a cop. hmmmmmmmmm....


Absolutely nothing like that in my experience. I can't even remember my father spanking me. Or being the least bit aggressive. Hell, he caught my brother in a stolen car and my father never hit him. I'd probably hate all cops too if I went through what you did. But I don't, since the one I know personally has always been a decent and fair human being. But I can't debate your kind of hatred, since it has colored your judgment to the point where it would be useless.


well, there's an exception to every rule. I'm happy for you that your dad's a good guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
Caputh wrote:
An idle question with no malice behind it, Bugler; who would you call if somebody was in the process of breaking into your house - Don Corleone or the cops?


I guess the cops, just for proceedural purposes, but I wouldn't expect a prompt response. They might be in the middle of a small pot bust, which would take precedence because its less likely they will be injured while doing their job.

Then again, maybe its time I learned how to operate a firearm, thwarting the hypothetical robbery myself. But then the cops would come for me, not the robber because I embarrassed them and made them look like incompetant jerkoffs. Then that cop ego takes over and I'm fucked, maybe with a broom handle in the staion house too! Yikes! . Not a lot of good choices here. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Out her in California the Highway Patrol was your friend when I was a kid.Then our governor Reagan merged them with the state police and we now have non-friendly cops.Both on the highway and in town.It's the them against us attitude and they do profile.I got stopped,had my whole jeep searched,and then the cop was just shaking his head saying"well,everything I can find is legal so I'm gonna have to let you go." I kid you not! He didn't want to and still thought I'd done something terrible.All 'cuz I got long hair. Ba-bye brown shirt.

Pigs wear gas masks and they bear a resembelance to farm pigs.You find them with Pepper spray on campus alot.

Cops are the one's who finish the bad crap that goes on in society.They are also a society unto themselves.They are paid to help and save lives,which they do at they're discretion.The ones that turn they're backs on they're job are pigs too.(grey area) But most are cool enough,if you're not who they're after at the moment.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19172
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
It's true! On two different occasions I was pulled over, for speeding, and both times the cop let me go without giving me a ticket. Talk about aiding and abetting a criminal!

Border guards are no better. I crossed back into Canada with about 100 cans of beer in the back. The guard looked at me and yelled "That's way more than you're supposed to have! Get the hell out of here!"
Imagine using the word "hell" with me!!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2064
You Canadianese sure got it good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
It's true! On two different occasions I was pulled over, for speeding, and both times the cop let me go without giving me a ticket. Talk about aiding and abetting a criminal!

Border guards are no better. I crossed back into Canada with about 100 cans of beer in the back. The guard looked at me and yelled "That's way more than you're supposed to have! Get the hell out of here!"
Imagine using the word "hell" with me!!

That shit used to happen here to.No more breaks down here.I once gave a CHP a couple a cross tops (bennies) so he could stay awake for his shift.That ain't happening anymore.I'd be in jail with 1 strike for that shit now. That was 40yrs ago.Who fucked it all up?

Nancy Fucking Reagan that's who,with that just say no crap of hers.Now we even got a congress of just say no pricks.Starting with the big Boehner himself.(really there's an A in the sound of it) :roll: :evil: "I'll be glad to work with the prez." (I had my fingers crossed,don't count,don't count,nerny,nerny,nerny) I'm gonna take my party and go to recess early and it's all your fault! Don't try and defend yourself against my tears that begin to flow when I think of all we could have acommplished had you not been a nig.....ah,uh,well uh,I mean a radical thats always reniging on his ....waaaaaa ,now ya got me crying for the love of my country,god,freedom and the real white voter American way,I mean the great diversity of the American dream!
Does that include the Klan and the Prez equily Senator?
Senator:Off the record? Free speach is for the white and the wealthy.Besides,how do we know Hawaii was a State when this Prez was supposedly born there? According to my bible that island wasn't even formed yet!

Legalize it! :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Happy 420,I got stoned and missed it. Whoop's it's still a month away! Ahhahahahahaha! I have CRS,I can't remember shit! Well there's still 30 shopping daze until 4/20. :mrgreen:

Legalize it!

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Posts: 703
Location: next door
well, it's always 4:20 someplace,,,,

_________________
Image
if you knew suzie, like I know suzie, oh, oh, oh what a creamcheese,,,,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1016
You should have been here :wink:

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm
Posts: 214
Damn, I miss bud. After the move to Virginia and the new job, I haven't found a hook-up yet. I need to go hang out at the local comic shop/music store/or pizza hut. :smoke:

_________________
Image

Pudding
Delicious


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group