Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:14 am 

IrishBoris wrote:
Ok, I've just one Roxy-related question.... who the fuck is Isaac?? (And don't just say Disco Boy!)

Bakshi and Zappa fan. Teenager (when he was posting here.) Did not know how to take a joke. Said that an LP side couldn't have more than 20 minutes on it, and then denied having said it. DEFINITELY not Disco Boy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 am 

hahahahahahahah 20 minute album sides. CLASSIC!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:04 am 

IrishBoris wrote:
Ok, I've just one Roxy-related question.... who the fuck is Isaac?? (And don't just say Disco Boy!)

The classic Isaac thread that reveals him in all his glory has to be this one...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13856&hilit=227+posts

It's almost Shakesperian in its self-deception.

Although I have a sneaking affection for this one, too...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4688&hilit=Lord+of+the+rings

For some reason I'm always particularly amused by the words:

Quote:
Traditional animation will NOT die out! With fantastic traditional efforts like The Triplettes of Belleville and Ralph Bakshi's upcoming Last Days of Coney Island (GREAT buzz on that one)

I don't think Disco Boy is Isaac either - accept no substitutes...

BTW - I would buy the Roxy DVD and I'm pretty much penniless...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:23 am 

hahhaahah i miss that rotten little cuntrag!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:52 pm 

IrishBoris wrote:
This one made me laugh out loud (or LOL as I believe is the current popular abbreviation). What are you, nine? I'm beginning to suspect Spacebrother is Trendburger.

I've never been a huge Trendmonger fan. He's the ZFTs very own stalker.

BBP wrote:
Sorry Spacey. Since everybody on the forum is but anonymous pixel blobs, and since I had a nasty bump on the head once and cannot remember names because of that, I mixed you up with Sam I Am. See this topic. http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23623

No biggie BBP. You're alright in my book!

PenguinInBondage wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I'm curious BBP. Why are you pinning the death of this thread on me, when the actual discussion that brought it down started between Disco Boy and PenguinInBondage before I even joined that part of the conversation, as found here...viewtopic.php?p=556180#p556180

...and Disco Boy's response was here...viewtopic.php?p=556387#p556387

...then they both parlayed back and forth here...viewtopic.php?p=556390#p556390

...and again here and here...viewtopic.php?p=556416#p556416

viewtopic.php?p=556419#p556419

...not to mention Calvin's request that these two take the political debate to the appropriate thread, where I finally said how much it sucks that Disco Boy, who acts exactly like Isaac, just made himself the topic of yet another thread..........

Wow. You've got some time on your hands. Can you give us some more play-by-plays? :roll:

I thought I was being blamed for derailing this thread because of the conversation between you and Disco Isaac so I cleared it up. Do you have a problem with that?

Disco Boy/Isaac and Trendmonger are the two biggest twats on the forum by far.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:15 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I thought I was being blamed for derailing this thread because of the conversation between you and Disco Isaac so I cleared it up. Do you have a problem with that?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I could really care less - so no, no problems here sir. Carry on!

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:15 pm 

Dear People of Earth who are interested in anything & everything concerning The Roxy Performances,

So you’ve always dreamt of being a music mogul and running your own record company, huh? But you ask yourself, “How could I get a Real Record Deal?” “I mean,” you say to yourself, “I think I could do this as well as anyone – I have important opinions to share.” Well here’s your chance to be part of Zappa Music Business History and become an AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR of a Real (REAL!) Live (LIVE!) Zappa Record. One more time for the world: Recorded by Zappa, Performed by Zappa, featuring some of your favorite Mothers, and Material, AND all under the Roof you’ve been waiting for: The Roxy! No ELSEWHERES about it.

What??? It’s True. We here at Zappa Records are looking for a few good men and women – approximately 1,000 highly motivated, sensitive and discerning individuals – to sign up as Official Independent Distributors of a never-heretofore-released, thoroughly Authentic Zappa Master Recording. And this is not just any thoroughly authentic Zappa Master Recording either. No, this is the one many of you have been beyond craving. Please sit down to read this part: This is the Roxy – the Soundtrack – yes, it is the introductory Soundtrack, the Prequel if you will – the Project/Object of your Dreams. 76 unadulterated minutes of fabulous frenzy await you. And the opportunity of a life–time: Roxy By Proxy! Should it be determined that you become an Officially Licensed Authorized Zappa RBP Distributor, you can make as many copies of the record as you can possibly distribute – AND exce pt for reporting to us your sales & customers (just like any other record distributor) and paying us the publishing, YOU keep the money. AND you get to collect royalties from what is sold at Barfko-Swill AND you will also be entitled to a special wholesale price available to the OLAZRBPDs (Officially Licensed Authorized Zappa ROXY BY PROXY Distributor) exclusively.

Apart from being Official Release #96 this is a Music Biz First. How is that you might well ask: We figured you might like to participate in the wonderment so we have devised a way to let you in behind the scenes of every Artist’s necessity - a music distribution deal – but in this case we’ve cut to the chase. We need to get the record to you so why shouldn’t you be part of the process? You can help us help you by helping you help us.

So here’s the deal: getsome.zappa.com for all the information and the ACTUAL LICENSE.

Thanks in advance for your Consideration.

xxx,

gz

"Music is the Best!" ~FZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 pm 

So what's my percentage of the gross?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:03 pm 

Too much bother for me to get involved in...I'll just wait to see which forum member has the lowest price!

Post subject: re: roxy by proxy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 pm 

Quote:
... you will also participate in a royalty pool derived from sales of roxy by proxy cd ... note: you can give the cds away as gifts ...
put me down as a gift recipient

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 pm 

A part of me wants to participate, but where the hell would I sell 990 ROXY Prequels just to break even?

The ZFT gets $1 million (1,000 subscribers at $1,000 each) to finish ROXY, I would have to figure out where I could sell 990 CDs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:14 pm 

tweezers wrote:
The ZFT gets $1 million (1,000 subscribers at $1,000 each) to finish ROXY,

That's hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:15 pm 

tweezers wrote:
A part of me wants to participate, but where the hell would I sell 990 ROXY Prequels just to break even?...

replicated cds, insert, tray card, color disc, shrink, glossy digipak, econo shipping

300 cds ~$7.50
500 cds ~$4.50
1,000 cds ~$2.50

you'd only have to flog 200 at 5 bucks a pop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
tweezers wrote:

That's hilarious.

I thought what they might have done is sell subscriptions to raise money and I was ready to go for that, based on affordability. The problem here is that I work for a living and go to grad school, I wouldn't have time to sell these.

I want my ROXY, but $1,000 that I cannot recoup, man I guess I lose...

Post subject: Re: re: roxy by proxy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:24 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
tweezers wrote:
A part of me wants to participate, but where the hell would I sell 990 ROXY Prequels just to break even?...

replicated cds, insert, tray card, color disc, shrink, glossy digipak, econo shipping

300 cds ~$7.50
500 cds ~$4.50
1,000 cds ~$2.50

you'd only have to flog 200 at 5 bucks a pop

Other than the folks at this forum, you'd have to KNOW 200 FZ fans

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm 

I have only 1k so i could buy only the License & not the cds + i am very bad seller :roll:
edit: its a good idea, we will see who has the balls to do it & make shut up the people who was complaining about the speed of ZFT doing their business.

Last edited by ZutboF on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:42 pm 

tweezers wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
tweezers wrote:

That's hilarious.

I thought what they might have done is sell subscriptions to raise money and I was ready to go for that, based on affordability. The problem here is that I work for a living and go to grad school, I wouldn't have time to sell these.

I want my ROXY, but $1,000 that I cannot recoup, man I guess I lose...

What I find hilarious is that they want a million to finish a roxy cd.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:48 pm 

If our hopes of ever seeing Roxy hinge on this plan, we'll never see it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:58 pm 

Cue the exploding head.

She won't get 1000 people. But I wonder how many she needs to start shipping to those that will buy in, a hundred?.

Why doesn't she just sell the cd herself?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:10 pm 

Why doesn't someone with a bit of time create a Kickstarter project? You would have until December 28 to sign up enough people to make the deposit within the window established. It would be fairly simple to figure out the per unit price that included the manufacturing cost, licensing to the ZFT, shipping. If you kept it within a given region the mailing would be less.

Here's a potential scenario.
Hypothetically - 500 needed to sign up. (Less if you charge more.) Target amount for project to go forward $7000. ($14 per person, 500 total)
Per CD
$ 02.00 ZFT Start up distributor cost
$ 05.00 per disc manufacturing cost for 500 CDs
$ 01.20 ZFT per disc licensing fee
$ 03.50 Shipping within US, or whatever local region
$ 01.00 per disc compensation for person(s) starting site
$ 01.30 per disc Kickstarter cut (don't know how much this really is, but I'm sure they get something.)

Total cost per CD shipped $14
Compensation for person creating project $500
Payment to to ZFT for distribution $1000
Payment to ZFT for licensing $1.20 per disc

It's too much trouble for most, but someone might have the time and initiative.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:39 pm 

bracton wrote:
...Why doesn't she just sell the cd herself?

They will.

"How Do I Make Money? Each distributor may set the price for the Distribution CD and sell unlimited numbers of complete, physical CDs at the retail level. You will also participate in a royalty pool derived from sales of ROXY BY PROXY CD on Zappa Records through Barfko-Swill at Zappa.com..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 pm 

val valentin wrote:
...Total cost per CD shipped $14...
manufacture cost is closer to $2 ea.

250 discs ~ $2¼ k [$9 ea.] ... 10 people kick in 225 bucks apiece for 25 discs and within a few minutes, schlep 'em back up to their motel rooms, open the window, & do whatever they want with 'em, nowhatimean ¿

maybe disco boy can crunch a few sales number predictions

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 pm 

This has shit show written all over it.

They should of flat out started a kickstarter with this prequel soundtrack as a "reward" at one of the levels. It's proven successful for many folk with a lower profile than Zappa, it seems like a no brainer to me.

It's also pretty insulting. There's a passive aggressive "You guys think this is so easy, YOU distribute these fucking things!" thing going on with this too.

As said elsewhere in this thread,if this is how the ZFT plans to get the Roxy movie finished, then it's not happening.

I'll hope for the best, buy the disc from the Zappa site if it appears since who knows what the fuck you're going to get from some schmuck with a thousand bucks and an ego, and hope we see the movie at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 pm 

I just want to see the movie and then those previews from the Baby Snakes video wont seem so long ago to some of you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:46 pm 

Did this business model come from the Ike Willis school of economics?
FZ: Be In My Video.
IW: Be In My Book.
ZFT: $1,000,now and you can be your own Zappa record mogal.....Plus shipping $$'s,here it is,take it,press it,wrap it 'round the bedpost,tie it to your shelf,market it,stock it,call everyone you know and are related too and sell it to yourself,like a big family,and then we,the ZFT might have the monies to remaster the master of the copy of the master of The Roxy that's already on youtube anyway.
What happend to The Lagunitas kinda deals? That had FZ in the spotlight again for awhile out here in N.CA. Did they take they're eye's off the skies? Get FZ into stores everywhere.Whether via sound,pictures,quotes,or spray-painting *FZ was here* or *who's Bwana Dik?* on the side of the local mini-mart! Whatever it takes to turn the youngsters on to FZ's compositions,by golly!
Release DZ's YCFTOSA downloads to help start a buzz about the real FZ Roxy's new release and your new release technic.FZ's Roxy and DZ's tribute to his dad 35 yrs.later would seem like a natrual boxed set.That would make it easier for some forum members to part with they're cash$$ too.Ya dig? Excuse me,no one talks to the boss to friendy on this here forum. Love ya Gail and all your ideas.Well some of them.Actually just the ones that don't suck and hardly any really suck.I mean we can't all be perfect and all that.Thanks for all you do to get us ZappaFreaks some Zappa music.Why? Well because it's the right thing to do.
:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 46  Next