Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 120  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:21 pm 

tweezers wrote:
I bet that Frank wouldn't be bothered if someone said something he disagreed with, he would just lay into them, it is OK to do so.
:idea: :arrow: The WWFZD syndrom :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:23 pm 

Maroual wrote:
tweezers wrote:
I bet that Frank wouldn't be bothered if someone said something he disagreed with, he would just lay into them, it is OK to do so.
:idea: :arrow: The WWFZD syndrom :mrgreen:

"What would you do Frankie?!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
In regards to Lather...having never heard any of the test pressings myself, how does the Edison version stack up to the official Ryko version? Better? Worse? The same? Excluding the bonus material on the Ryko version, are there any differences in content?

Mmm the 1996 CD Extra tracks from track 5-8 on disk 3
Slimes Photo has 26 tracks, also can FZ put Composer For Duck Duck Goose?
Ben Watson Book has 28 tracks
What Ever Happened To All The Fun In The World separatet track acording too Ben Watson before Titties & beer
We've Got To Get Into Something Real Aka Wait A Minute separate track before Black Page 2 Woha On Cd it says and is #1.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:58 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
In regards to Lather...having never heard any of the test pressings myself, how does the Edison version stack up to the official Ryko version? Better? Worse? The same? Excluding the bonus material on the Ryko version, are there any differences in content?

I said something about that earlier, in a post that made Thinman go crazy... To sum it up - the content of the Edison box is identical to the Ryko CD minus the bonus tracks. The sound is very good for what it is, but there are generic limitations to vinyl and specific aspects of this production (you know, taping from test pressing and so forth) which mean that I for one can't say it's better than the Ryko. I don't know what cleon is talking about. Sez the bogus Edison disc jockey. G'night!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:56 pm 

vaultmeister wrote:
Here is some information for you, you are totally wrong.
Yes, everyone has the right to post their opinions, but in the case of these remasters & all of the hard work on behalf of me and others.........I won't let this slide because of your true colors and obsessions.

Joining discussions on this forum is probably not on his list of priorities at the moment, which I don't mind.

I could just not read the forums and reviews and such... but I am interested in what people have to say. But there are certain people who....well......you get the picture. Why let them win all the time? They don't deserve it.
Call me a "bully" or "passive/aggressive".
whatever

I've read this post 5 times now -- Where, again, should I be able to locate the information he speaks of? Can anyone provide me with the exact paragraph /line/ group of werdz etc?

On a sidenote, I deeply respect the vaultmeister, though his tastes (All-Bozzio and pre-1966) and anti-digitalism tend to lean a tad towards the un-cool side.
:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:55 pm 

Straying from Lather, but still on topic:
Just rec'd Waka/Jawaka, Studio Tan, Sleep Dirt, Bongo Fury, & Them Or Us today. Gave up on Best Buy locally getting anything from the 2nd batch. Newbury Comics had better prices online and no tax to pay. All I need is Grand Wazoo now, and I'll have all the improved versions.
I'm not bothering with TTR & YAWYI, since I have the '98s. I actually prefer the Dumb All Over/Heavenly edit on the '98 CD, better than the fade-out/fade-in vinyl clone. It seems pointless to do it that way on CD, and I could care less about the audience cross-fades of a few tunes on TTR.
Waka/Jawaka sure sounds awesome. Never owned Studio Tan on CD before. It's nice to have those tracks separate from the Lather collection. Lather is nice for an epic listening session though, or a long road trip.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:27 pm 

That's really annoying, half of the online stores list Lather with bonus tracks, half list it without.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:50 pm 

Laservampire wrote:
That's really annoying, half of the online stores list Lather with bonus tracks, half list it without.

You want facts? You can't handle the facts! (truth, facts, music - all causing... BIG TROUBLE!) :roll: :wink:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:16 am 

buffalo_voice wrote:
vaultmeister wrote:
Here is some information for you, you are totally wrong.
Yes, everyone has the right to post their opinions, but in the case of these remasters & all of the hard work on behalf of me and others.........I won't let this slide because of your true colors and obsessions.

Joining discussions on this forum is probably not on his list of priorities at the moment, which I don't mind.

I could just not read the forums and reviews and such... but I am interested in what people have to say. But there are certain people who....well......you get the picture. Why let them win all the time? They don't deserve it.
Call me a "bully" or "passive/aggressive".
whatever

I've read this post 5 times now -- Where, again, should I be able to locate the information he speaks of? Can anyone provide me with the exact paragraph /line/ group of werdz etc?

On a sidenote, I deeply respect the vaultmeister, though his tastes (All-Bozzio and pre-1966) and anti-digitalism tend to lean a tad towards the un-cool side.
:wink:

To me it seems the vaultmeister is often very frustrated when he has to read circulating wrong informations and his hands are tied to give some insight. Very sad.

Th.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm 

vaultmeister wrote:
I could just not read the forums and reviews and such... but I am interested in what people have to say.
Once you comment on someone's post though, hasn't that become a conversation? Or is it one rule for the rich and one for the poor? I made a mistake in one of my posts, you pointed it out, I apologised and you ... ?
vaultmeister wrote:
But there are certain people who....well......you get the picture. Why let them win all the time? They don't deserve it.
Win? How many of us are actually taking theories like that seriously? How or what are they winning? He could just be playing devil's advocate to get you to comment in the first place and in that regard, he did win. What about the perfectly reasonably queries from people who aren't throwing wild theories around who get no reply?
vaultmeister wrote:
Call me a "bully" or "passive/aggressive" ... whatever ...
You'll have to try a lot harder than that. :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:17 pm 

Reiuissess tis M0thber Fucker :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIOBSUSAikY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:55 pm 

When Frank said 'That's one way of learning English' he obviously wasn't referring to people
being fixtures on internet forums for 6 years or more...'cos that doesn't work!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:22 am 

polydigm wrote:
… He could just be playing devil's advocate to get you to comment in the first place …

You got it. Unfortunately one has to "provoke" comments this way.

The ZFT have a great product to offer. But they fail big time in communicating it. They obviously can't do it themselves and should seek help by professional PR consultants.

Th.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:01 am 

mutronboy wrote:
When Frank said 'That's one way of learning English' he obviously wasn't referring to people being fixtures on internet forums for 6 years or more...'cos that doesn't work!
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:21 am 

Thinman wrote:
polydigm wrote:
… He could just be playing devil's advocate to get you to comment in the first place …

You got it. Unfortunately one has to "provoke" comments this way.

The ZFT have a great product to offer. But they fail big time in communicating it. They obviously can't do it themselves and should seek help by professional PR consultants.

Th.

+1

Not much help in just coming in and say "you are wrong"! They sure have a weird take on communication and information in ZFT. Just saying, not whining. And I have just ordered several more of the 2012 masters, so I am actually buying 99% of the stuff being put out (has for 35 years now). I didn't knew it came with the obligation to slavishly bend over. Sheesh!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:32 am 

HJ wrote:
… Not much help in just coming in and say "you are wrong"! …

Not just "wrong" but "totally wrong", probably including that I've have been praising and recommending the remasters many times since they came out, which must be part of my "negative agenda". ;-)

Th.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:55 am 

mutronboy wrote:
When Frank said 'That's one way of learning English' he obviously wasn't referring to people
being fixtures on internet forums for 6 years or more...'cos that doesn't work!
He said It's
one way of learning English and he was on about Speaking and not spelling,see there is more too being clever than being abel too spell like memory :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 pm 

HJ wrote:
Thinman wrote:

+1

+1

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:14 pm 

There is a (to my ears) very nasty glitch/edit on Joe's Garage, that has already been discovered by somebody else:

http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23796#p557606

Th.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:59 pm 

Thinman wrote:
There is a (to my ears) very nasty glitch/edit on Joe's Garage, that has already been discovered by somebody else:

http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23796#p557606

Th.

I don't hear it. Is millionlaughs from Europe, as well?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:04 pm 

If anyone is on the fence about Lather.
Check out the price on amazon.co.uk

( £11.00 )

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:12 pm 

F.Natural wrote:
If anyone is on the fence about Lather.
Check out the price on amazon.co.uk

( £11.00 )

Look again. It's up to £13.20.

Also, check out the MP3 album page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/L%C3%A4ther/dp/ ... 006&sr=8-5

Not available yet, but no bonus tracks listed. I guess it's official.

Likely sticking to my Ryko on this one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:27 pm 

it sez £13.20
but at chckout it said £11.00.
I just checked my email and that's what it sez too.
As for the bonus tracks. If feel the same way about those as the bonus tracks on UncleMeat...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:36 pm 

F.Natural wrote:
it sez £13.20

Interesting.

F.Natural wrote:
As for the bonus tracks. If feel the same way about those as the bonus tracks on UncleMeat...

I'm with you on "Regyptian Strut" and the new Sleep Dirt has rendered "Time Is Money" redundant, as well. Can't agree on "Leather Goods" or "Knick Knack People", though.

My hope was that they would have additional bonus tracks in place of "Time Is Money". Maybe vinyl versions from ZINY or Orchestral Favorites. Maybe the Ryko versions of the Sleep Dirt tracks or "Greggary Peccary". Maybe more unreleased stuff.

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't reduce the program to two discs, but that's nitpicking. It is possible that they found 78 minutes to be too long for disc one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:50 pm 

F.Natural wrote:
it sez £13.20

I've also pre-ordered and am in UK...that £11.00 is the base item cost, minus VAT (you would be charged if qualified for it). 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 120  Next