Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:29 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
I like fishsticks, especially the ones from Costco.

"I, for one, care less for them." :smoke:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:53 am 

meh, its not too surprising in retrospect

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
I like fishsticks, especially the ones from Costco.

"I, for one, care less for them." :smoke:

How about with Tarty sauce?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:29 am 

Plook wrote:
How about with Tarty sauce?

Nice... being a Vegan, I haven't attempted to go back to "learning to like" them but nah, I was never really a fan of fish (looove shellfish though!

Veering us back onto the Roxy track...

GZ wrote:
MEANWHILE . . . before this December 2012, in anticipation of The ACTUAL Movie, we are pleased to inform you that we are scheduling the release of the PREQUEL to the actual Soundtrack. Yes. You will!

Um, no, no we won't. Unless news is delivered before the end of today, there has been no mention of P.S. being made available via ZFT "before tomorrow". Did I miss something? I do get headaches trying to decrypt these messages so perhaps I misinterpreted a semicolon or something. :roll:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:39 am 

IrishBoris wrote:
"The Real Frank Zappa Roxy Announcement will be yours not later than Moon’s birthday this year. And it is thrilling."
- gz

Still waiting... I wonder what it'll be...

IrishBoris (and all Borisses (Borii?) everywhere, for that matter): I'm pretty sure you're just joking but just to be sure - here is what GZ delivered to us on Moon's b-day:

GZ wrote:
Dear People of Earth,

Here's what's thrilling:

1. It is Moon's Birthday today! And this morning I was lucky enough to have a cold breakfast with Moon and Mathilda - Ice Cream Cake and the sun wasn't even up yet. Yay!

2. I know I do not have to remind you that next December 2013 is the 40th Anniversary of the Roxy Performances. Now that we have thoroughly identified all it's parts and participles, we will deliver The Movie without further incident and maybe only a little ado. In theatres, DVD and Blue-ray, sometime before December, 2013.

3. MEANWHILE . . . before this December 2012, in anticipation of The ACTUAL Movie, we are pleased to inform you that we are scheduling the release of the PREQUEL to the actual Soundtrack. Yes. You will! Appreciate the raw unbridledness of the 75 minutes and 49 seconds of Roxy without the Elsewhere. Further details on The Movie and P.S. (Prequel Soundtrack) as soon as the duckies are all lined up.

4. Oh, and did I mention a new series is about to launch - Road Tapes - on Vaulternative Records! We've taken direct aim at Halloween!

5. Thank you.

xxx,

gz

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:15 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Ah, I guess myopia is in the eye of the beholder.... <wocka wocka>

Fishsticks is The Man From Myopia.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:17 am 

Plook wrote:
Well it finally happened, aside from Fishsticks everyone agrees on something, WTF!

:smoke:

Yeah, it's not unpleasant is it? It's like we've all* put down our weapons for Christmas! Let's play football in no man's land! This cosmic alignment will never happen again of course. A one shot deal to be sure to be sure.

*Fishsticks not included

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:56 am 

IrishBoris wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:

Funny, I thought I liked fishsticks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:54 pm 

duchamp wrote:
IrishBoris wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:

Funny, I thought I liked fishsticks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:29 pm 

Awesome, SpaceBrother - I totally forgot about that reference! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:02 pm 

Kiirk here:

Some of you are wondering about Trendmongers take on this.He's on DweezilZappaWorld as Gary and is extorting (?) the greatness of this enterprize on a group called "The Meeting Place".You don't have to be a member to read his praise of the greatest endeaver the ZFT has ever taken on and blah,blah blah. :roll:

He sez he won't comment here because of all the negitivity towards such a great opportunity/gift from the ZFT on Zappa.com. :D

He's sounding like a Ron L. Hoover - Reverend Moon - Werner Ehrhart - Gail Zappa/ZFT - devotee,to the max.If you disagree,your obviously aren't a true believer or a Zappa fan either.(of course he's been through years of self induced training and tons of vasaline to attain his version of nirvana) :mrgreen:

That is all,
Kiirk out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:08 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
It really just doesn't make any sense to make this so fucking complicated. JUST RELEASE THE FUCKING THING!! Hundreds of DVDs of vintage concerts and music related movies have been released over the years without all this bullshit. Good examples would be The Rolling Stones "Ladies and Gentlemen... and T. Rex "Born To Boogie"

WTF?

^THIS. Just release it. Music dvds are a dime-a-dozen these days. It can't be this hard.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:58 pm 

Fingthish wrote:
I got this email today and my head has been buzzing all day, so I thought I'd come over and have a look to see what the forum thought and I tell ya what I was fucking ashamed at the shit reaction to this offer.
Most of the reaction has been myopic at best, judging by the reaction on this forum Gail will pull the pin and so she should. This is an opportunity to make the Movie but you people can't see that all you do demand that it comes out at no cost to you. This has never been done before. Could you put your heart and sole into a product that you know is worthy of the market, but here's the biggie can you make and sell Zappa and how would you do it? I'm currenlty getting quotes on CD production, and in contact with an independent cinema in my local area. Audience Participation?

You MUST be joking?!

BillyDaMt wrote:
When ZPZ started this was going to be the preverbal cash cow that would get future products to us. Yet here they are again, asking for more money for something they promised over a decade ago.

That's a VERY good point and reminds me of something. Remember in June of this year when the ZFT emailed us one of their Roxy DVD progress updates? Well, I seem to recall it stated that the expensive part had already been taken care of (the incredibly prolonged task of syncing up the audio and footage) and that they were just then starting the editing stages. So why in the hell would editing a DVD cost $1 million?!!!

HJ wrote:
Just saw the mail.

I like the ones better where I have been found out to be a brother of a rich Ghanesian king worth $660 bn. of which I receive 25%. There, I don't have to pay $1007 to get anything. I just have to provide my banking account details. Much better and safer way of making money!

ROTFLMFAO! :mrgreen:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:24 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
He sez he won't comment here because of all the negitivity towards such a great opportunity/gift from the ZFT on Zappa.com. :D

Please relay this message......

You don't pay for gifts!!

Who is it that allowed themselves to become so fucking obsessed with Frank Zappa's music that the inheritors of his music have attained the mentality of a crack dealer?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:42 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
You don't pay for gifts!!
You do when you're buying them for someone else.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:51 pm 

I knew you were going to say that

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:32 pm 

Maybe we can get Gary to buy enough licenses to finish ROXY, he could then rent a movie theater and screen it. After that we can all see the blu-ray released and just pay twice as much as you'd pay for any other product. It would be like déjà vu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:07 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

I believe he won't comment here because of all the negativity towards him, and that's good :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:53 am 

He's a fanatic and anything that isn't 100 percent pro ZFT is negativity. Saying that, there's been one positive post in this thread about the distribution deal, and others ranging from mildly negative to being really down on it. So in this instance he may have a point. I wouldn't say if it's a good or bad idea either. That will be determined by sales, and if they sell out. Either way I don't want that fanatical blowhard posting here anymore.

:smurf:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
… He's a fanatic …

The big difference is: we are Zappa fanatics and he is a ZFT fanatic.

Th.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:58 am 

Monger quotes!

"While Frank assembled some pretty good musicians over the years of his far too brief time of recording there is no doubt that the Ensemble Modern is the finest bunch of humans that have ever assembled in a Psuedo Wagon Train Formation."

"Dweezil is not the first to pull of Franks music on Guitar with perfection in a Chops sense but in all honesty as fine as Dweezils CHOPS are his performance goes way beyound CHOPS.

The performance of the FZ Medley goes way beyound 100% perfection of NOTES & CHOPS. "

"Dweezil has split the Atom here and while he very much has the same linear DNA as in the family sense he has put the DNA of what defines a Frank Zappa performance in the FZ Medley. "

"My complaint is that far too many fans have not had the opportunity to have a higher understanding."

"I must admit it is fun writing here but at times many of the minds have little to no clue as to what the deal is."

"I have never claimed to be any authority figure and do not attempt or have interest in gaining such statture."

"Truthfully just because I have been digesting everything Zappa for close to 40 years does not make me an authority figure."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:42 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
But, I was thinking this: They're might be a lot of fans out there with enough disposable income to buy it as a collector's item. I've read the thing twice and I don't think there's a requirement that you HAVE to distribute it. Pay 1000 dollars for your very own CD Duplication Master with unique ID and the license for a Frank Zappa recording? Plus a few copies of the finished work and liner notes of your own? If I remember right somebody paid more for a tour of the Vault in an auction. Why wouldn't somebody else? I think that will be more of the appeal on spending 1000 dollars on this than the "joy" of distributing the thing. 1000 people seems very possible.

good point cal, but i disagree with you on the 1000 people possibility. not for $1000. i've read through the entire thing twice and it's certainly not for me, not in any way, shape, or form. i'll wait for the cd release and be happy with that. if the dvd is ever released, great. if not, so be it.

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:47 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
I knew you were going to say that
You do realise I wasn't being pernickety about what gift means? It was more a joke about what this current offer actual amounts to in reverse.

Post subject: re: roxy by proxy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:20 pm 

fingthish wrote:
... I'm currenlty getting quotes on CD production, and in contact with an independent cinema in my local area. Audience Participation?

hey t'ingfish, didja read the t&c's ¿ if not, take about 90 minutes & give 'em a quick read, then spend a couple more hours re-reading line by line, that's right bruce, the fine print, almost 5,000 words in starting with the first sentence of the 1st paragraph, read it real slow

1. offer; condition precedent . zft (company) is offering
    to permit approximately 1,000 persons who arelegal united states residents at least 18 years of age...

who knows, australia may join the usa before roxy is actually released [except they'd exclude sydney, bunch of rotten cunts], but it's not gonna happen this month and you'd be rejected by gail ... but good onya for the motivation, enlist u.s. & euro partners to split costs; the usa guy could make local copies & send the master around the world for partners to do the same

Post subject: Re: re: roxy by proxy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:52 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
fingthish wrote:
... I'm currenlty getting quotes on CD production, and in contact with an independent cinema in my local area. Audience Participation?

hey t'ingfish, didja read the t&c's ¿ if not, take about 90 minutes & give 'em a quick read, then spend a couple more hours re-reading line by line, that's right bruce, the fine print, almost 5,000 words in starting with the first sentence of the 1st paragraph, read it real slow

1. offer; condition precedent . zft (company) is offering
    to permit approximately 1,000 persons who arelegal united states residents at least 18 years of age...

who knows, australia may join the usa before roxy is actually released [except they'd exclude sydney, bunch of rotten cunts], but it's not gonna happen this month and you'd be rejected by gail ... but good onya for the motivation, enlist u.s. & euro partners to split costs; the usa guy could make local copies & send the master around the world for partners to do the same

*spits out mouthful of Lucky Charms and guffaws loudly!*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 46  Next