Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 379  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:16 pm 

You can't really mean that, Plook. Don't you have grandchildren?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Right To work is designed to kill wages, benefits and jobs, and it's supporters are either grossly ill-informed, big corporate CEO's, stock traders/money managers or freeloaders.

What scares unions more than right to work laws , is the right to fire laws included. Maybe now people , like the 150K+ teachers that called in sick today , might have to start thinking twice about their actions. Oh , it's all about the children. :roll:

As far as wages , the states employing the most people in this country are right to work states and studies show that the mean difference in pay between right to work states and those not classified in that category , is about a 2000.00 / yr difference , with so called union states making more.

How much are your union dues a year and what did you get for that money ??

As to benefits , private enterprise long ago realized they couldn't offer the world if they didn't generate enough profit to pay for what they promised.

Take a look at public unions around the country and then ask why most are millions in the hole , it's because of what they promised . Then ask yourself , if you don't belong to a union , why the fuck someone is allowed to take money out of your pocket to pay for such extortion ???

ALL of the states with the highest poverty rates are Right To Work states...

http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/gop- ... ississippi

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/ ... ank34.html

ALL Right To Work states have the worst health care access...

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publica ... ecard.aspx

ALL of the Right To work states also have lowest median incomes...highest murder by gun rates...highest divorce rates...highest bankruptsy rates...highest foodstamp rates...highest rape rates...worst school systems and worst test scores..and the list goes on and on and on and on....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:00 pm 

A personal pronoun beginning with a capital letter, followed by a transitive verb in the present indicative, followed by a preposition, followed by a possessive pronoun, followed by a common noun, followed by a conjunction, followed by a definite article, followed by an intransitive verb in the present indicative, followed by an adverb, followed by a conjunction, followed by a contraction consisting of a personal pronoun and an auxiliary verb in the present indicative, followed by a preposition, followed by an indefinite article, followed by a possessive pronoun, followed by a common noun, followed by a period.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:55 am 

NASA guarantees world won't end anytime soon.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Of course, if they are wrong, no-one will be around to call them on it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:19 am 

Space Bro are you a union member?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 am 

Youtube has now banned logging in with your Youtube user name.
Fuckers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:54 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
You can't really mean that, Plook. Don't you have grandchildren?

Yes the lovely and smart Izzy, whom I had rocking out to Sofa from YCDTOSA 1, she has potential as a FZ fan if I'm around...but what I say is true, a good thinning of the herd is in order, but that just means we start all over yet again...that would make at least the third civilization start for mankind, no wonder Bigfoot hides from us and the Aliens don't want anything to do with us...

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:40 am 

A rope leash wrote:
Riots and destruction of property may not "work", but it does send a loud message

Who pays for all the destruction and how will the revenue be generated?

Let's agree to disagree.

Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:48 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

I'm a self-employed private contractor who does a significant amout of my business with unions and union shops. I don't have to be in the union to get fucked by this stupid Nazi anti-American, union busting, fascist, poverty creating bullshit. Anti-union scumbags are a bunch of freeloading lowlife pieces of shit.

Welcome to the United Fucking States of China.

downer mydnyte wrote:
A personal pronoun beginning with a capital letter, followed by a transitive verb in the present indicative, followed by a preposition, followed by a possessive pronoun, followed by a common noun, followed by a conjunction, followed by a definite article, followed by an intransitive verb in the present indicative, followed by an adverb, followed by a conjunction, followed by a contraction consisting of a personal pronoun and an auxiliary verb in the present indicative, followed by a preposition, followed by an indefinite article, followed by a possessive pronoun, followed by a common noun, followed by a period.

I've got your dangling participle hanging right here buddy...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:
A rope leash wrote:
Riots and destruction of property may not "work", but it does send a loud message

Who pays for all the destruction and how will the revenue be generated?

Let's agree to disagree.

Nearly 80% of Michigan folks are against right To work. http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/201 ... becom.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

I'm a self-employed private contractor who does a significant amout of my business with unions and union shops. I don't have to be in the union to get fucked by this stupid Nazi anti-American, union busting, fascist, poverty creating bullshit. Anti-union scumbags are a bunch of freeloading lowlife pieces of shit.

Welcome to the United Fucking States of China.

downer mydnyte wrote:

I've got your dangling participle hanging right here buddy...

Not true, no one has tried to stop a union, you just don't have to belong to one to work at a union shop. Thats why Indiana did this, Mich could not compete. Hey i know you are in denial but the economy sucks cause there ain't no jobs. this should bring in more companies. Yea you are gonna say they pay less...well ideology won't pay the bills people need to work, and competition is better the unionway. You are not a union worker, so shut the fuck up. Also; so far in this country, you can move or take a different job, UNLIKE germany and china, go get an education.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 pm 

Not sincere Bravo. We all know you are anti-union and that the reason that they say "Right to Work" instead of "Right to Work - For Less" is that they are trying to HIDE the fact that it is union-busting legislation. But, you knew that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 pm 

Okay...80% of Michiganers oppose right to work laws...and yet, right to work laws are being passed.

Standing on the sidewalk hollering discontent is doing what?

Squat.

Who pays for the destruction? Taxpayers, who have been paying for destruction of other countries for years. Who gets the work to rebuild? Unions will benefit, that's for sure.

I'm just saying...unions are powerless when it comes to shit like this, but people are not. They just have to get fed up with being screwed.

Look at the riots of the Sixties. It got the attention of the powerful, and civil rights were won, and war was stopped. If the people of Michigan don't want right to work, they don't have to put up with a government that forces it on them. All they have to do is grow some balls.

Nobody wanted the bank bailouts, either, but we got them anyway, because we just bent over and took it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:51 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Nearly 80% of Michigan folks are against right To work. http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/201 ... becom.html

You sure about that or am I to assume that 80% of Michigan folks can't vote ??

Michigan Proposal 2 Results: Voters Reject Collective Bargaining Amendment
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... 80767.html

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

ALL of the Right To work states also have lowest median incomes...highest murder by gun rates...highest divorce rates...highest bankruptsy rates...highest foodstamp rates...highest rape rates...worst school systems and worst test scores..and the list goes on and on and on and on....

You might want to do some research. You should read the whole thing , and I know i am asking a lot from you , Spacespewer. Didn't I hear a report today that stated only 7% of 8th graders in Michigan are able to read at a 4th grade level and the majority were at a 2nd grade level ??
So much for the great product that your teacher's union puts out. Now , please resume all your inane name calling. It's become your trademark , asshole. :P

By the way , do you pay your people union wages and if not , why not ??
Health benefits and pension as well ?

KEY POINTS – Employees and Right to Work Laws: Wages
· RTW Laws’ effects on wage levels is ambiguous from a theoretical point of view, because unions’ effect on the average wage level is ambiguous.
· Nominal wages—wages not adjusted for cost of living differences between states—are lower in Right to Work states than they are in non-RTW states.
· Moore’s landmark review of Right to Work literature concludes that Right to Work laws do not affect wages.
· Mishel’s recent 2001 study, which found Right to Work laws negatively affect wages, cannot be relied upon because it assumes Right to Work laws do not affect the composition of jobs within a particular state.
· The most recent and credible studies on Right to Work laws provide evidence of a very small wage benefit of Right to Work laws of between 0.2 and 2%.
· Since adopting Right to Work laws the two most recent adopters (Oklahoma and Idaho) have had seemingly favorable wage experiences.
· After reviewing all available Right to Work law literature, it appears that Right to Work laws do not have a significantly meaningful positive or negative effect on wages, and consequently other factors should play a larger role in deciding whether or not a state should adopt Right to Work laws.

Automaker Plant Locations:
According to The Industrial Outlook (2003) all new auto plants built in the United States in the last 10 years were built in Right to Work states (Warden). Their findings were not just for 1 or 2 plants, but for a substantial 6 plants. (Nissan in TN & MS, Mercedes-Benz in AL, BMW in SC, Honda in AL, Hyundai in AL, and Mercedes-Benz in GA). Given the fact that only 22 out of 50 states have Right to Work laws, it appears unlikely that all 6 plants were located in Right to Work states due to chance alone. Therefore, it appears as if foreign automakers may be using a state’s Right to Work law status as a factor in determining plant site selection.

http://right-to-work-laws.johnwcooper.com/

http://www...crooks and liars ?????

Shit , couldn't you find a web site that was just a little more biased ? Oh , wait , doesn't Dan Rather work for them now ? Yep , you're right . I should believe every word on that site. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:53 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
You might want to do some research. You should read the whole thing

Yes, Spacebrother, read the whole thing. Everything will make sense once you read some more words.

Fuck both sides.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:49 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
You might want to do some research. You should read the whole thing

Yes, Spacebrother, read the whole thing. Everything will make sense once you read some more words.

Fuck both sides.

Yes, downer mydnyte. Why don't you tell us what first-hand, personal experience has led you to this conclusion? I, for one, am waiting with bated breath.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:39 am 

pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

You sure about that or am I to assume that 80% of Michigan folks can't vote ??

Michigan Proposal 2 Results: Voters Reject Collective Bargaining Amendment
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... 80767.html

Twp points here, and I know how much you love to hate facts...but...

1. Republicans ran promising that Right To work wasn't part of their agenda. They lost seats, so now, in a lame duck session while still in control of the entire state government (including elected school board leaders - more on that in a minute), they are forcing it through, thus lying to the voters.

2. There were several proposals put on the ballot, worded to become "state constitutional" laws. Among them were two for bargaining rights, two giving the govenor near-dictatorial/pharoah-type control to eliminate elected officials and spend money on tax payers dimes without taxpayer ability to have a majority vote or say.

pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

You might want to do some research. You should read the whole thing , and I know i am asking a lot from you , Spacespewer. Didn't I hear a report today that stated only 7% of 8th graders in Michigan are able to read at a 4th grade level and the majority were at a 2nd grade level ??
So much for the great product that your teacher's union puts out. Now , please resume all your inane name calling. It's become your trademark , asshole. :P

Incidently, Republicans control the majority of elected schoolboard positions, which run parallel with decline in test scores versus since Republicans controlled the schools.

pedro2 wrote:
By the way , do you pay your people union wages and if not , why not ??
Health benefits and pension as well ?

I'm self-employed and am my only employee. Am I supposed to pay union dues to myself? I also pay for my own health insurance and liabilities out-of-pocket and it's expensive as hell. Can't wait for Obamacare to be fully implemented so I can save a little money, having to deal with all of these anti-union-pro-cheap-labor morons.

pedro2 wrote:
KEY POINTS – Employees and Right to Work Laws: Wages
· RTW Laws’ effects on wage levels is ambiguous from a theoretical point of view, because unions’ effect on the average wage level is ambiguous.

ALL Right To Work states have the highest poverty rates. It's all about the cheap labor.

pedro2 wrote:
· Nominal wages—wages not adjusted for cost of living differences between states—are lower in Right to Work states than they are in non-RTW states.

Lots of factors...one example...home heating and electricity is cheaper in warmer climates and no need for additional infrastructure for starters. Cheap labor and third world country living tends to reflect the depressed geography.

pedro2 wrote:
· Moore’s landmark review of Right to Work literature concludes that Right to Work laws do not affect wages.

Department of Labor and Statistics disproves that. ALL Right To work states have the highest poverty rates. It's all about the cheap labor.

pedro2 wrote:
· Mishel’s recent 2001 study, which found Right to Work laws negatively affect wages, cannot be relied upon because it assumes Right to Work laws do not affect the composition of jobs within a particular state.

Wrong...once again...it's all about the Cheap Labor.

pedro2 wrote:
· The most recent and credible studies on Right to Work laws provide evidence of a very small wage benefit of Right to Work laws of between 0.2 and 2%.
· Since adopting Right to Work laws the two most recent adopters (Oklahoma and Idaho) have had seemingly favorable wage experiences.
· After reviewing all available Right to Work law literature, it appears that Right to Work laws do not have a significantly meaningful positive or negative effect on wages, and consequently other factors should play a larger role in deciding whether or not a state should adopt Right to Work laws.

11 of the bottom 13 states for poverty are Right To Work states. It's ALL about cheap labor.

pedro2 wrote:
Automaker Plant Locations:
According to The Industrial Outlook (2003) all new auto plants built in the United States in the last 10 years were built in Right to Work states (Warden). Their findings were not just for 1 or 2 plants, but for a substantial 6 plants. (Nissan in TN & MS, Mercedes-Benz in AL, BMW in SC, Honda in AL, Hyundai in AL, and Mercedes-Benz in GA). Given the fact that only 22 out of 50 states have Right to Work laws, it appears unlikely that all 6 plants were located in Right to Work states due to chance alone. Therefore, it appears as if foreign automakers may be using a state’s Right to Work law status as a factor in determining plant site selection.

http://right-to-work-laws.johnwcooper.com/

Yep, they opened up a cheap labor market here to attract foriegn investment to send profits overseas, without paying fair wages or benefits, or allowing for strikes.

Alabama ranks 4th worst in highest poverty rates.
Tennenessee ranks 11th worst for highest poverty rates in America.
Georgia ranks 13th worst state with highest poverty rates.
Mississippi ranks #1 at exactly the bottom for the worst state in America for poverty.
South Carolina ranks 9h for highest poverty rates.

All of the states listed in your article as so-called successes have among the highest poverty rates nationally.

pedro2 wrote:
http://www...crooks and liars ?????

Shit , couldn't you find a web site that was just a little more biased ? Oh , wait , doesn't Dan Rather work for them now ? Yep , you're right . I should believe every word on that site. :lol: :lol:

Bottom line...The function of Right To Work is ALL about cheap labor and creating high poverty.

Republicans are trying to create a "United Slums of America".

"If any man tells you he loves America, yet hates labor, he is a liar. If any man tells you he trusts America, yet fears labor, he is a fool."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"All that harms labor is treason to America."—Abraham Lincoln

Labor unions are traditional American institutions that were created and supported by our founding fathers. Right To Work is spitting directly into the faces of our founding fathers, and ALL who have died for our freedoms. Shame on you...This is the fucking UNITED States of America and if you don't like it, get the fuck out and take your fucking Republican slum lords with you... :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:02 pm 

Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:04 pm 

duchamp wrote:
BBP wrote:
Dutch amateur referee got beaten to death by kids in a football team, aged 15 and 16. His son was playing on the other team.

Thank you for getting us back on the topic BBP. Those of you obsessed with being right on the internet, take your political pissing contest to any of the myriad of other topics devoted to politics. Yes, sometimes politics is news, but bitching and complaining that other people have opinions different from you is not news. I would post you links to any of the other political topics but as you are already posting all over those boards too, it is obvious you have found them. Hell, I will even make a new topic called Post here to bitch about politics if you need me to, let me know. Move along and let us post actual news here.

News flash: The election is over, move on.

Well, that lasted a couple days anyway. Let's try this again:

Donkey Sex Suspect Says It's His Constitutional Right To Have Sex With Animals

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1 ... weird-news

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:15 pm 

The Republican party is no longer the party of Lincoln. They've abandoned those princials a long time ago.

If Abraham Lincoln were alive today, the Republicunt party would call him a Socialist Communist who wants to force Sharia law on America and blast him for giving entitlements like freedom for slaves.

The new motto for the supporters of Right To Work is "Welcome to the United Ghetto of America, where every freeloader can legally steal your job, salary and pension and have your legally binding contract dissolved so the freeloader doesn't have to pay his debts".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:29 pm 

Macedonia has to pay a 60,000 euro fine for leading the anti-terrorist division of CIA onto an innocent German (mix-up). The man was tortured and imprisoned for months.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:47 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Not sincere Bravo. We all know you are anti-union and that the reason that they say "Right to Work" instead of "Right to Work - For Less" is that they are trying to HIDE the fact that it is union-busting legislation. But, you knew that.

Wrong union breath I am Presently a union member! The problem foe me is being forced to pay union dues and or join the union as a hiring policy. The union management give huge political donations, and they don't care what the union employee has for personal political choice. This mafia/ organised crime has been going on in unions since the beginning, Daley in Chicago is a good example of the corruption, Obama is of the same ilk. Again, I am about small gov. the smaller the better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:55 pm 

So, you choose to be a union member, but just wish you didn't have to pay for that service? Huh?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:47 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:

Wrong union breath I am Presently a union member! The problem foe me is being forced to pay union dues and or join the union as a hiring policy. The union management give huge political donations, and they don't care what the union employee has for personal political choice. This mafia/ organised crime has been going on in unions since the beginning, Daley in Chicago is a good example of the corruption, Obama is of the same ilk. Again, I am about small gov. the smaller the better.

Get a room. The political forums are that way:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21195
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19887
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23251

Yes, sometimes politics is news, but bitching and complaining that other people have opinions different from you is not news.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:37 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
It's official. Michigan has just become a Nazi state with a Nazi govenor and a Nazi legislature. Govenor Rick Snyder is the Henry Clay Frick of Michigan, and his Right To Work supporters are his Pinkertons.
Spacebro, I wouldn't call them Nazi's, they're more like feudalists. They probably wish they could take us back to the Middle Ages and the good ol' carefree days of serfdom.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 379  Next