Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:22 pm 

Dr. Karla Turner - UFO Masquerade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju7TZj6c1xA

Good Stuff! :smoke:

Dr. Karla Turner was widely respected in the field of Ufology for her research on alien abduction. A brilliant scholar and professional educator, she earned a Ph.D. in Old English studies and taught at the university level in Texas for more than ten years. But in 1988, she and her husband and son endured a disturbing series of experiences and recollections that forced them to recognize that they were all abductees.

Many of the abductees Dr. Turner studied had at one time or another had alien implants removed by a surgeon. Her research found that the extraterrestrials known as the Alien Greys or Grey Aliens, beings from Zeta Reticuli (a binary star system in the southern constellation of Reticulum), who identify themselves as the "Reticulans" (Lam was purportedly a Zeta Reticulian), abduct humans and take them to alien ships and alien bases that were located underground and on the ocean floor. Some abductees even reported that they were, from time to time, kidnapped by human U.S. military personnel who worked with the aliens.

Dr. Turner, who was in perfect health and had no genetic history of cancers of any kind, died of an unidentifiable cancer on January 10, 1996, after being repeatedly threatened and harassed in an attempt to force her to discontinue her research. She was just 48. Since then, several other people involved in UFO abduction investigations have also experienced threats followed by highly unusual, fast-acting cancer.

Dr. Turner's alien abduction research was published in 3 paperbacks: Into the Fringe, Taken, and Masquerade of Angels ( http://www.scribd.com/doc/100295685/922 ... squerade... ). Shortly after her suspicious and untimely death (murder?), her publishing company was intimidated into halting the printing of Karla Turner's haunting conclusions about the agenda of the evil Greys and how it factors into the human power elite occultists's New World Order.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:08 am 

Voodoo_Butter wrote:

Dr. Karla Turner was widely respected in the field of Ufology for her research on alien abduction. A brilliant scholar and professional educator, she earned a Ph.D. in Old English studies and taught at the university level in Texas for more than ten years. But in 1988, she and her husband and son endured a disturbing series of experiences and recollections that forced them to recognize that they were all abductees.

Many of the abductees Dr. Turner studied had at one time or another had alien implants removed by a surgeon. Her research found that the extraterrestrials known as the Alien Greys or Grey Aliens, beings from Zeta Reticuli (a binary star system in the southern constellation of Reticulum), who identify themselves as the "Reticulans" (Lam was purportedly a Zeta Reticulian), abduct humans and take them to alien ships and alien bases that were located underground and on the ocean floor. Some abductees even reported that they were, from time to time, kidnapped by human U.S. military personnel who worked with the aliens.

Dr. Turner, who was in perfect health and had no genetic history of cancers of any kind, died of an unidentifiable cancer on January 10, 1996, after being repeatedly threatened and harassed in an attempt to force her to discontinue her research. She was just 48. Since then, several other people involved in UFO abduction investigations have also experienced threats followed by highly unusual, fast-acting cancer.

Dr. Turner's alien abduction research was published in 3 paperbacks: Into the Fringe, Taken, and Masquerade of Angels ( http://www.scribd.com/doc/100295685/922 ... squerade... ). Shortly after her suspicious and untimely death (murder?), her publishing company was intimidated into halting the printing of Karla Turner's haunting conclusions about the agenda of the evil Greys and how it factors into the human power elite occultists's New World Order.

Sounds juicy, must read... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:34 pm 

Plook wrote:
Voodoo_Butter wrote:

Sounds juicy, must read... :smoke:

I actually watched the whole video. I first was impressed by this abduction talk when I read the book by the late Harvard psychiatrist Dr. John E. Mack. If you assume for a minute in the plausibility of such stories, it is a whole wide universe of possibilities and questions that open up before one's eyes... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 pm 

Are you a ufologist?

Ufology

Ufology (/juːˈfɒlədʒiː/) is the array of subject matter and activities associated with an interest in unidentified flying objects (UFOs). UFOs have been subject to various investigations over the years by governments, independent groups, and scientists. The term derives from UFO, which is pronounced as an acronym, and the suffix -logy, which comes from the Ancient Greek λογία (logiā).

Etymology:
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, one of the first documented uses of the word ufology can be found in the Times Literary Supplement from January 23, 1959, in which it writes, "The articles, reports, and bureaucratic studies which have been written about this perplexing visitant constitute 'ufology'." This article was printed eight years after Edward J. Ruppelt of the United States Air Force (USAF) coined the word UFO in 1951.

Historical background:
The modern UFO mythology has three traceable roots: the late 19th century "mystery airships" reported in the newspapers of western United States, "foo fighters" reported by Allied airmen during World War II, and the Kenneth Arnold "flying saucer" sighting near Mt. Rainier, Washington on June 24, 1947. UFO reports between "The Great Airship Wave" and the Arnold sighting were limited in number compared to the post-war period: notable cases include reports of "ghost fliers" in Europe and North America during the 1930s and the numerous reports of "ghost rockets" in Scandinavia (mostly Sweden) from May to December 1946. Media hype in the late 1940s and early 1950s following the Arnold sighting brought the concept of flying saucers to the public audience.

As the public's preoccupation in UFOs grew, along with the number of reported sightings, the United States military began to take notice of the phenomenon. The UFO explosion of the early post-war era coincides with the escalation of the Cold War and the Korean War. The U.S. military feared that secret aircraft of the Soviet Union, possibly developed from captured German technology, were behind the sightings. If correct, the craft causing the sightings were thus of importance to national security and of need of systematic investigation. By 1952, however, the official US government interest in UFOs began to fade as the USAF projects Sign and Grudge concluded, along with the CIA's Robertson Panel that UFO reports indicated no direct threat to national security. The government's official research into UFOs ended with the publication of the Condon Committee report in 1969, which concluded that the study of UFOs in the past 21 years had achieved little, if anything, and that further extensive study of UFO sightings was unwarranted. It also recommended the termination of the USAF special unit Project Blue Book.

As the U.S. government ceased officially studying UFO sightings, the same became true for most governments of the world. A notable exception is France, which still maintains the GEIPAN, formerly known as GEPAN (1977–1988) and SEPRA (1988–2004), a unit under the French Space Agency CNES. During the Cold War, British, Canadian, Danish, Italian, and Swedish governments have each collected reports of UFO sightings. Britain's Ministry of Defence ceased accepting any new reports as of 2010.

Much more >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufology

Frank Zappa (asked about opinion on UFOs): "I saw one once"... 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:23 am 

I recommend this film...

Communion (1989)

Whitley Strieber goes with his family and some friends to his holiday home in the forest. They experience some weird occurances, are they UFO activity? Whitley is abducted and then faces a horrible dilema; was I abducted or am I going mad? He sees a psychiatrist who tries to use hypnotic regression to discover the truth.

Communion is a 1989 Science Fiction drama/thriller film based on the book of the same name by Whitley Strieber. Starring Christopher Walken and Frances Sternhagen, it tells a story of a family that experiences the extraterrestrial phenomenon while on vacation at a remote vacation home in the wilderness during of which the father is abducted and all of their lives change. According to Strieber, the story is a real-life account of his own encounter with "visitors", with Walken playing the role of the author. The score was composed by Eric Clapton.

It's more a look on how a person deals with something that is impossible to communicate to others or even understand themselves. The movie is strange, yet has worth if you can identify with the subject matter and have interest in the field of UFO abduction or government mind-control (using UFO abduction as a cover story).

Cast:
Christopher Walken as Whitley Strieber
Lindsay Crouse as Anne Strieber
Frances Sternhagen as Dr. Janet Duffy
Andreas Katsulas as Alex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:40 am 

I have problems with that story...that being said the Betty Andreasson's alien abduction story is pretty strong with a lot physical evidence, it has been studied for decades and has resulted in three very good books... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:15 pm 

UFOs: Russian or Martian?

Speaking to the Today Programme on Friday, the head of UK Air Traffic Control, Richard Deakin said that, typically, his staff would encounter one unidentified flying object per month. But what sort of objects could UFOs be?

Nick Pope, UFO expert and former UFO investigator at the Ministry of Defence, told the Today programme presenter, James Naughtie that he had received around "two or three hundred UFO reports each year, most of which turned out to be misidentification of aircrafts".

He noted that "anything flying in our airspace that we can't identify is of interest to the government and the military, but is more likely to be Russian than Martian."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9745000/9745363.stm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:25 am 

Here's an interesting one my bro sent me...

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... d-in-egypt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:34 pm 

I've seen that Cap , and after watching a lot of these with the similar theme , I have to ask this question , which I have never gotten an answer to.

If we as humans , had all this knowledge thousands of years ago , why does it seem that humans re-entered the caves and all this knowledge was lost ? :?

It seems that we had an anti- gravity machine that far back in time , but it took us thousands of years to create a steam or internal combustion engine and then eventually fly ?? :?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:53 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
I've seen that Cap , and after watching a lot of these with the similar theme , I have to ask this question , which I have never gotten an answer to.

If we as humans , had all this knowledge thousands of years ago , why does it seem that humans re-entered the caves and all this knowledge was lost ? :?

It seems that we had an anti- gravity machine that far back in time , but it took us thousands of years to create a steam or internal combustion engine and then eventually fly ?? :?

The planet was hit by a disaster that had the potential for total catastrophe but it survived, the previous world wide advanced civilization did not fair as well but the human race survived. These are the world wide flood stories we have from every culture in the world, this is also one of the "bottlenecks" discovered in human genetics.

This disaster could have been triggered by one of the few possible events that are planet threatening; meteor or comet, super volcano, or mega solar flare. All are candidates, but the signature to this event that made it different was the on going Ice Age and the disasters impact on it. The event itself was devastating and would have probably ended the world wide civilization or set it back for hundreds of years at the least. The resulting flood and near annilation of everything on the planet was the coup de gras.

Thankfully these people survived and they left evidence of their existence all over the planet, many of the ancient mysterious sites found around the world that are never satisfactorily explained by modern science are much older than we are told. The rest were built using the last remnants of a technology that was fading from memory and eventually lost, that we not only do not posses today but do not understand.

With the recent discover of Gobekli Tepe and its undeniable antiquity that rocked the archeological world and other new discoveries, it may soon be impossible for modern science to deny our past. Writers like Graham Hancock, Robert Bauval, John Anthony West, Christopher Dunn, and Dr. Robert Schoch will someday be seen as ground braking researchers.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:43 am 

Plook wrote:
... ground braking researchers. :smoke:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:59 pm 

Saw a UFO last Sunday...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:10 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Saw a UFO last Sunday...

Details please... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:21 pm 

I was laying in the grass with Mrs Green Genes, when I suddenly spotted a bright dot up in the zenith. It was very very high and seemed to be still. After a while looking at it, and seeing many planes, high and not so high, and clouds as references for distance we noticed it seemed to be slowly moving north. I didn't had cameras (at least not one with a charged battery) handy, but I did record it and photographed it with a tablet. The object shows up as a dot, but it was definitively there. After a while it became two separate white dots. It could have mundane Earthly explanations, but seemed like a genuine out-of-earth UFO to me... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:34 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I was laying in the grass with Mrs Green Genes, when I suddenly spotted a bright dot up in the zenith. It was very very high and seemed to be still. After a while looking at it, and seeing many planes, high and not so high, and clouds as references for distance we noticed it seemed to be slowly moving north. I didn't had cameras (at least not one with a charged battery) handy, but I did record it and photographed it with a tablet. The object shows up as a dot, but it was definitively there. After a while it became two separate white dots. It could have mundane Earthly explanations, but seemed like a genuine out-of-earth UFO to me... 8)
Even if there is almost nothing to see on your picture, could you please share it with us? or just me by pm or email?
Once, my brother and a friend of him told me they saw two yellow foo fighters taking off faster than any man made aircraft.
Although he does not have an explanation for this, he still does not think it could be an alien ship.
I would have liked to experience such a thing, so I am just curious.
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 pm 

Maroual wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Even if there is almost nothing to see on your picture, could you please share it with us? or just me by pm or email?
Once, my brother and a friend of him told me they saw two yellow foo fighters taking off faster than any man made aircraft.
Although he does not have an explanation for this, he still does not think it could be an alien ship.
I would have liked to experience such a thing, so I am just curious.
Thanks

Salut mon ami,

Je va vous envoyer quand je les a a mon ordinateur, mais ne prend pas votre respiration, il peut prend du temps pour le faire et le photo sont vraiment pas spéciales...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:37 am 

Meanwhile, in Denver, CO...

News station confirms that UFO sighting is neither bird nor plane

http://now.msn.com/ufo-filmed-by-denver-news-crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:20 am 

just plain doug wrote:

...neither bird nor plane...

and maybe also no rocket?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Meanwhile, in Denver, CO...

News station confirms that UFO sighting is neither bird nor plane

http://now.msn.com/ufo-filmed-by-denver-news-crew

Good photage two sources, good stuff... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:19 am 

Hey, Plook and Mr GG. My bro sent me this one...
http://www.disclose.tv/news/UFO_like_ob ... s.facebook

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:31 pm 

Caputh wrote:

Thanks Caputh, my gut says fake, I can't really explain it. The photos I believe are real, or have past all the test and show objects of a certian size at a certian distance, have a cerian air of authenticity. This one does not, although it would help to see the other photos from different angles, that would sill the deal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:44 am 

Plook wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Thanks Caputh, my gut says fake, I can't really explain it. The photos I believe are real, or have past all the test and show objects of a certian size at a certian distance, have a cerian air of authenticity. This one does not, although it would help to see the other photos from different angles, that would sill the deal.

Don't know about the forensic analysis of the pic, but seems genuine to my lay eyes. Now, check this speech in the begining:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HzLPnURISg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 am 

Thats the goods Mr.GG, good link... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next