Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:49 am 

I like Chris Rock's idea of bullet control:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db0Y4qIZ4PA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:57 am 

Why doesn't someone think of a way to control or track the sales of Body Armour or Bullet Proof Vests? I mean these latest multi-shooting suspects BOUGHT THOSE first before commiting their crimes. Maybe buying protection from bullets is the last factor before these people go wild?

It's just something I'd noticed....that everyone has been missing that these shooters buy all sorts of "protection" just before they use their Mom's guns(well,in this guy's case anyway) to kill people.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:44 pm 

Many countries, including England/Scotland, have not been immune to the perils of gun-toting lunatics.
We have made possession of hand guns illegal since the tragedy in Dunblane many years ago. There was an incident in Hungerford prior to that, after which possession of assault rifles was criminalised.
(I don't know specifics of laws etc).

Until the next time, these laws seem to be working insofar as there is no logical reason for any person to have these weapons in their possession, and the law being black and white on the matte, there have been no further mass shootings.

We never had a 'gun culture' like the USA so historically there isn't as much 'Constitutional' bullshit to deal with.

Every time one of these episodes occurs, the rest of the world looks on, saddened by the USA's pathetic level of impotence, and inability to confront sad home truths.
You've got the second amendment. Have another amendment for fucks sake. You got rid of Prohibition (the result of what, the 29th amendment?) when it suited.

You've got a gun, you're just another pig to me.

BTW I am not pointing a finger at any particular forum member, just the US as a whole.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:27 pm 

Simple answer Cut gun owners up with a Razor Blade i mean go search they house and cut them up on the spot Asshole first and good so they never sit down again maybe then send them of too war with a Dusting feather while bleeding with a pack of hungery wolfs if they suvive that then kill them slow take a limp or too of them and stop them bleeding too death that will do the trick :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:07 pm 

YEEEEEHAW!!!
America IS guns.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:32 am 

The Dutch constitution changed over and over, especially in the early 1900s. The last major overhaul was in 1983, when capital punishment was outlawed, independence of Surinam was finalised and Amsterdam became the official capital of The Netherlands. There have been minor revisions since, the last one in 2008. The most recent amendment proposal of the US constitution was in 1971, right to vote for 18 and over. There have been amendments since, but they were proposed earlier.

Boys: The times are changing. 1971 is before CDs hit the market. Don't staple yourself to old bits of paper.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:34 am 

Couldn't agree more...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:37 am 

We are married to the Constitution in the US, by the way Assult type weapon sales have increased so much since the shootings some sellers have stopped selling in hopes the price will double of triple...also a bullet proof kids back pack has goon out on the market... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:34 am 

Quote:
Beijing (CNN) -- Twenty-two primary school children were wounded in a knife attack Friday in central China, authorities said.

The attack took place at the entrance to the Chenpeng Village Primary School in Henan province, according to the public information department of Guangshan county, the area where the school is located. An adult was also wounded, it said.

Several of the children are in critical condition, the state-run website Chinanews.com said, citing local authorities.

Read more: Malala is face of global attacks on schools

Police say they have detained a suspect, a 36-year-old man from the village, state media reported.

Initial assessments suggest the man is mentally ill, Chinanews.com said, citing Guangshan authorities.

China was hit by a spate of knife and cleaver attacks that targeted school children in 2010.

A number of measures were introduced at the time, including increased security at schools across the country and a regulation requiring people to register with their national ID cards when buying large knives.

I don't hear anybody blaming the knife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:36 am 

NicHoLai wrote:
Quote:
Beijing (CNN) -- Twenty-two primary school children were wounded in a knife attack Friday in central China, authorities said.

The attack took place at the entrance to the Chenpeng Village Primary School in Henan province, according to the public information department of Guangshan county, the area where the school is located. An adult was also wounded, it said.

Several of the children are in critical condition, the state-run website Chinanews.com said, citing local authorities.

Police say they have detained a suspect, a 36-year-old man from the village, state media reported.

Initial assessments suggest the man is mentally ill, Chinanews.com said, citing Guangshan authorities.

China was hit by a spate of knife and cleaver attacks that targeted school children in 2010.

A number of measures were introduced at the time, including increased security at schools across the country and a regulation requiring people to register with their national ID cards when buying large knives.

And how many people died?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:20 pm 

Quote:
March 2010Main article: Nanping school massacre
On March 23, 2010, Zheng Minsheng (郑民生)[2] 41, murdered eight children with a knife in an elementary school in Nanping,[3] Fujian province;[4] The attack was widely reported in Chinese media (called 南平实验小学重大凶杀案),[2] sparking fears of copycat crimes.[4] Following a quick trial, Zheng Minsheng was executed about one month later on April 28.[3]

[edit] April 2010Just a few hours after the execution of Zheng Minsheng in neighboring Fujian Province,[5] in Leizhou,[6] Guangdong another knife-wielding man named Chen Kangbing, 33 (陈康炳)[7] at Hongfu Primary School wounded 16 students and a teacher.[4] Chen Kangbing had been a teacher at a different primary school in Leizhou;[7] he was sentenced to death by a court in Zhanjiang in June.[8]

On April 29 in Taixing,[3] Jiangsu, 47-year-old Xu Yuyuan went to Zhongxin Kindergarten[9] and stabbed 28 students, two teachers and one security guard;[4] most of the Taixing students were 4 years old.[10]

On April 30, Wang Yonglai used a hammer to cause head injury to preschool children in Weifang,[3] Shandong, then used gasoline to commit suicide by self-immolation.[4]

[edit] May 2010An attacker named Wu Huanming (吴环明), 48, killed seven children and two adults and injured 11 other persons with a cleaver at a kindergarten in Hanzhong, Shaanxi on May 12, 2010;[3] early reports were removed from the internet in China, for fear that mass coverage of such violence can provoke copycat attacks.[3][11] The attacker later committed suicide at his house; he was the landlord of the school,[12] Shengshui Temple private kindergarten, and had been involved in an ongoing dispute with the school administrator about when the school would move out of the building.[12]

On May 18, 2010 at Hainan Institute of Science and Technology (海南科技职业学院), a vocational college in Haikou, Hainan, more than 10 men[13] charged into a dormitory wielding knives around 2:30 am;[14] after attacking the security guard and disabling security cameras, 9 students were injured, 1 seriously.[14] The local men attacked the dorm in an act of revenge and retaliation against college students following conflict the previous day at an off-campus food stall in which 4 students were injured, for a total of 13.[15]

[edit] August 2010On 4 August 2010, 26-year-old Fang Jiantang (方建堂) slashed more than 20 children and staff with a 60 cm knife, killing 3 children and 1 teacher, at a kindergarten in Zibo, Shandong province. Of the injured, 3 other children and 4 teachers were taken to the hospital. After being caught Fang confessed to the crime; his motive is not yet known.[16]

[edit] August 2011Eight children, all aged four or five,[17] were hurt in Minhang District, Shanghai when an employee at a child-care centre for migrant workers slashed them with a box-cutter.[18]

[edit] September 2011In September 2011, a young girl and three adults taking their children to nursery school were killed in Gongyi,[19] Henan by 30-year-old Wang Hongbin with an axe.[20] Another child and an adult were seriously wounded but survived.[21] The suspect is a local farmer who is suspected of being mentally ill.[22]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 pm 

NicHoLai wrote:
Quote:
March 2010Main article: Nanping school massacre
On March 23, 2010, Zheng Minsheng (郑民生)[2] 41, murdered eight children with a knife in an elementary school in Nanping,[3] Fujian province;[4] The attack was widely reported in Chinese media (called 南平实验小学重大凶杀案),[2] sparking fears of copycat crimes.[4] Following a quick trial, Zheng Minsheng was executed about one month later on April 28.[3]

[edit] April 2010Just a few hours after the execution of Zheng Minsheng in neighboring Fujian Province,[5] in Leizhou,[6] Guangdong another knife-wielding man named Chen Kangbing, 33 (陈康炳)[7] at Hongfu Primary School wounded 16 students and a teacher.[4] Chen Kangbing had been a teacher at a different primary school in Leizhou;[7] he was sentenced to death by a court in Zhanjiang in June.[8]

On April 29 in Taixing,[3] Jiangsu, 47-year-old Xu Yuyuan went to Zhongxin Kindergarten[9] and stabbed 28 students, two teachers and one security guard;[4] most of the Taixing students were 4 years old.[10]

On April 30, Wang Yonglai used a hammer to cause head injury to preschool children in Weifang,[3] Shandong, then used gasoline to commit suicide by self-immolation.[4]

[edit] May 2010An attacker named Wu Huanming (吴环明), 48, killed seven children and two adults and injured 11 other persons with a cleaver at a kindergarten in Hanzhong, Shaanxi on May 12, 2010;[3] early reports were removed from the internet in China, for fear that mass coverage of such violence can provoke copycat attacks.[3][11] The attacker later committed suicide at his house; he was the landlord of the school,[12] Shengshui Temple private kindergarten, and had been involved in an ongoing dispute with the school administrator about when the school would move out of the building.[12]

On May 18, 2010 at Hainan Institute of Science and Technology (海南科技职业学院), a vocational college in Haikou, Hainan, more than 10 men[13] charged into a dormitory wielding knives around 2:30 am;[14] after attacking the security guard and disabling security cameras, 9 students were injured, 1 seriously.[14] The local men attacked the dorm in an act of revenge and retaliation against college students following conflict the previous day at an off-campus food stall in which 4 students were injured, for a total of 13.[15]

[edit] August 2010On 4 August 2010, 26-year-old Fang Jiantang (方建堂) slashed more than 20 children and staff with a 60 cm knife, killing 3 children and 1 teacher, at a kindergarten in Zibo, Shandong province. Of the injured, 3 other children and 4 teachers were taken to the hospital. After being caught Fang confessed to the crime; his motive is not yet known.[16]

[edit] August 2011Eight children, all aged four or five,[17] were hurt in Minhang District, Shanghai when an employee at a child-care centre for migrant workers slashed them with a box-cutter.[18]

[edit] September 2011In September 2011, a young girl and three adults taking their children to nursery school were killed in Gongyi,[19] Henan by 30-year-old Wang Hongbin with an axe.[20] Another child and an adult were seriously wounded but survived.[21] The suspect is a local farmer who is suspected of being mentally ill.[22]

about 23 since 3-2010

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:26 pm 

not to mention all the people left in critical condition, and permanently scarred.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:22 pm 

It's sad, but look: not all knives. There's an axe, a hammer, and a box cutter. I have absolutely no idea what could cause this kind of... epidemic, almost. But there's still no comparing it to the amount of gun-related killings in the US.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:29 pm 

NicHoLai wrote:
Quote:

If some body came at me with a knife i be willing too take a bit and more willing too give they face a real good ending with a smashed bottle or worse,i even been in that situation and the knife older backed down straight away 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:55 pm 

Plus it makes it harder for the assailant to take his/her own life at the end of the spree; with a knife.

But my point lies with the blame.
People automaticaly blame the gun in these situations.

They express their condolences for the victims. Then in the next breath they talk about gun control.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:11 pm 

NicHoLai wrote:
Plus it makes it harder for the assailant to take his/her own life at the end of the spree; with a knife.

They express their condolences for the victims. Then in the next breath they talk about gun control.

Plus if things go wrong for them it may be better too take they own life than end up with them being a foot or too shorter after they knees been cut off or worse,questions and answers find and maim it ain't rocket science before they do 8) min wage i be knoking the doors myself.

big or small cut the fuckers down too size
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rekuWIKr55A
the bravery of being out of range

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 pm 

cleon wrote:
NicHoLai wrote:

Plus if things go wrong for them it may be better too take they own life than end up with them being a foot or too shorter after they knees been cut off or worse,questions and answers find and maim it ain't rocket science before they do 8) min wage i be knoking the doors myself.

In the majority of the above cases ; you have a full grown man, squaring off against a (in some cases a pre-schooler) Kindergardener - Elementary school student.

But this is still besides the point.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:36 pm 

If making guns Illegal; will stop guns.

Why don't we make Heroin and Meth illegal.... that takes care of that I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:39 pm 

NicHoLai wrote:
cleon wrote:
NicHoLai wrote:

In the majority of the above cases ; you have a full grown man, squaring off against a (in some cases a pre-schooler) Kindergardener - Elementary school student.

But this is still besides the point.

Case it be just in case with no guns after ever house is searced and if found Cut up with a Razor blade.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:44 pm 

NicHoLai wrote:

Why it's they live if they wonna dream it away and afford it what's it got too do with anybody eles bar for those who care for a Prick even gut that up a japs eye they never seen 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:48 pm 

Since you have it figured asked Dico boy how many prisoners try escape from jap camps :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:34 pm 

NicHoLai wrote:

Really Nic. What's your point?

You like guns. Fine.

Why don't you go and suck Charlton Heston's cock.

That will put a self-satisfied smile on your face.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:39 pm 

Quilt wrote:
NicHoLai wrote:

You like guns. Fine.

Take it easy Quilt.
I don't really like guns, I do not own any.
My one and only point is: Making a "Gun Law" is a waste of time.

I won't be sucking any cock either. Its wierd how you got there buddy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm 

NicHoLai wrote:
Quilt wrote:
NicHoLai wrote:

You like guns. Fine.

Take it easy Quilt.
I don't really like guns, I do not own any.
My one and only point is: Making a "Gun Law" is a waste of time.

I won't be sucking any cock either. Its wierd how you got there buddy.

Serious question: why the fuck would I ask D.B. about "Jap Camps" (don't think thats what you should call them) I thought this was about Gun control.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next