Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 379  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3613
Location: Vancouver, BC
tweedle-dumb wrote:
A rope leash wrote:
A little something for you, SPACEBROTHER:

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/12/fou ... f-war.html



Merry Christmas!


The irony is that we are fighting and spending less on wars now than we did before President Obama got elected.


ROTFLMFAO! :mrgreen:

Good one!

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
UK may not be part of what is called Continental Europe, but does it mean it's any less of a European country? Now, if any country can claim its surrounding smaller isles as part of their country, then it only follows that a continent can also consider its nearest isles as parts of it. UK may be separated from the main landmass of Europe, but it still firmly belongs to the Eurasian tectonic plate (comprising all of Europe and much of Asia) and that's the only argument you need really.


I think you just contradicted yourself. :roll:

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
I'm all for "compelling evidence, proof & logic", except that I just don't go for mere talking out of your arse and paranoid alarmist trash talking about Obama (even if I find Obama as a bit of a disappointment, but you need more substantial criticism than this empty sloganeering "One nation under socialism", now how Sieg Heil does that salute to Republicanism, eh?).


You have to be joking? There's PLENTY of compelling evidence, proof & logic embedded within my criticisms of the Obama Administration. Here's a short summary of what he's done. He's...

~ added to the debt more than ANY other US President in history ($6 trillion) and in only 3 1/2 years and is allowing/overseeing the printing of $40 billion quarterly...which is one of the main reasons why the US is being steered into a double-dip recession (and many other countries will be too) shortly and will consequently make this current Housing Bubble crisis look like a CAKE WALK
~ destroyed a part of the 1st Amendment and has almost completely destroyed the 4th Amendment over the past 12 months
~ blatantly pro-war
~ owned & operated by the Military Industrial Complex
~ funded by Goldman Sachs (who in September, just had the US Justice Dept. drop their investigation against them relating to the Housing Bubble crisis, due to lack of evidence :roll: )
~ one of THE biggest demagogues in existence
~ one of THE biggest liars in existence


And that's just for starters...

:roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 760
Location: Atlanta
Disco Boy wrote:
You have to be joking? There's PLENTY of compelling evidence, proof & logic embedded within my criticisms of the Obama Administration. Here's a short summary of what he's done. He's...

~ destroyed a part of the 1st Amendment and has almost completely destroyed the 4th Amendment over the past 12 months
~ blatantly pro-war
~ owned & operated by the Military Industrial Complex
~ one of THE biggest demagogues in existence
~ one of THE biggest liars in existence


And that's just for starters...

:roll:


Do you have a clue what the words evidence or proof mean? I beleive that every single politician is a lieing bastard, but I am willing to admit it is an opionion. How the hell do you quantify any of the above statements? How can anyone prove someone destroyed a constitutional amendment? Do you know what destroy means? How do you prove someone is owned & operated by the Military Industrial Complex? Do they pass out certificates of ownership now? How do you prove someone is one of the biggest liars in existance? Have you spent hours and hours of your own time counting the exact number of lies told by every human ever in order to back up such a claim? People writing shit on a computer is NOT evidence, it is a bunch of bored people with opinions and agendas. I BELIEVE all politicains are corrupt and full of shit, but how can you be so dense to think such silly claims are even capable of being proven? Your statements are bent by your own political interpretation. You cannot prove an opinion. You may as well say someone is the coolest person on earth, and claim you have proof.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
I'm afraid I have to agree, DB. On the face it, you just keep on saying these things and somehow seem to think we are going to accept them as facts because you say so.

BTW, I know I've asked these questions before, but would you be so kind as to attempt an answer :

Quote:
Could you give me a list of the countries that do not belong to continents?

By "I don't believe so" do you mean that N. Ireland belongs to Europe, or not?

Lastly, what is your criteria for deciding whether a country "belongs" to a continent or not?

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5780
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
I heard a rumor that Europe isn't really a part of Europe. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Europe has...

changed?

(1 minute 56 secs in)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU4jfTlQSaY

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20829
Location: Somewhere in time
Disco Boy wrote:
You have to be joking? There's PLENTY of compelling evidence, proof & logic embedded within my criticisms of the Obama Administration. Here's a short summary of what he's done. He's...

~ added to the debt more than ANY other US President in history ($6 trillion) and in only 3 1/2 years and is allowing/overseeing the printing of $40 billion quarterly...which is one of the main reasons why the US is being steered into a double-dip recession (and many other countries will be too) shortly and will consequently make this current Housing Bubble crisis look like a CAKE WALK
~ destroyed a part of the 1st Amendment and has almost completely destroyed the 4th Amendment over the past 12 months
~ blatantly pro-war
~ owned & operated by the Military Industrial Complex
~ funded by Goldman Sachs (who in September, just had the US Justice Dept. drop their investigation against them relating to the Housing Bubble crisis, due to lack of evidence :roll: )
~ one of THE biggest demagogues in existence
~ one of THE biggest liars in existence


And that's just for starters...

:roll:



This is where your mistake lays, you assume that he did these things because they are what he wants to do or would have chosen to do after elected, when in fact these things hurt him and should have hurt his chances of re-election, so why would you do something different than what you said or have done in the past...

The simple answer is something we know from many past Presidents, when they have their National Security Briefing they learn things that make them act in a way they may not want to and therefore do things they would not normally do and this is why there is no explanation, it itself would be a breach.

He is doing what he must do in the United States interest and the majority of people believe that and reelected him.

It’s in the Worlds interest that the US stay healthy, 47% of innovation comes from here, with Japan at 25%, France at 13%, and South Korea at 7%... the other 8% comes from Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, and Belgium combined.

Maybe you should be more worried why your home country that is close enough to the world leader and can’t even supple enough milk from our tit to be in the last group… :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1863
Dammit plook...stop saying the pResident doesn't do what he promised because of "national security briefings". It's bullshit...all they tell him is that if he doesn't cross certain lines, he'll stay alive. Forgiving the pResident for breaking promises because of secrets is chickenshit.

...and by the way, where's your proof?

As for DB's "proof"...what "proof" does anyone else have that their information is correct? Because you were taught it in school? Because the television said so?

The fact is that no one knows for sure what the actual facts are regarding much of what we are "informed" about.

One has to go with their gut. I personally would not take as absolute any information that comes from corporate sources with a vested interest in keeping people dumb.

So, you can't take any information at face value. One has to investigate. The more I investigate, the more I don't trust ANY mainstream media...huh! Just like Frank!

What continent does the Philippines belong to? Or Madagascar? Or Cuba? Or Indonesia? We can say they belong to certain land masses, but they are not really attached, are they?

DB has the same problem that many other posters have. They are fervent in their opinions. But, what good is an opinion if the information it is based on is suspect? How many times have I said this?

One man's opinion is another man's bullshit. In my mind, that's the way the elite want it...divide and conquer, that's the game. I don't give a flying rat turd what anyone thinks about what I think. It's clear to me on the physics of building collapses that 9/11 was a hoax, so all the war since that time has been based on lies and bullshit. My mind will not be changed on this, and anyone that challenges my assertion using mainstream corporate information comes off as a peanut brain to me.

...but, I don't feel that it gives me the right to label and ridicule, even though at times I do. It's just human nature.

So why don't we call it a draw? It's not very entertaining anymore. You folks that voted voted for war...it's a fact, and you seem to be happy with that, so okay...why should I give a fucknut? I know that no one in the debate will ever back down...it's the people reading the debate without participating that I am trying to influence, and trust me, I've seen a lot of folks come over to the real side since I started pointing out the lies that are shoved up our asses by corporate controlled media.

:P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3613
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
BTW, I know I've asked these questions before, but would you be so kind as to attempt an answer :

Could you give me a list of the countries that do not belong to continents?

By "I don't believe so" do you mean that N. Ireland belongs to Europe, or not?

Lastly, what is your criteria for deciding whether a country "belongs" to a continent or not?


If you really can't figure out what my answers to these questions are considering everything we've discussed, then I don't think you're that bright... :roll:




------------------------------------------



You know, what truly amazes me about people, is that even when there's evidence showing that something they believe in or think is wrong, or even if they're actually PROVEN wrong, they still hold onto their initial point of view (especially the few socialists we have on this forum). This PROVES, at least to me, that most people are truly not that objective. This is where the problem lies and is one of the reasons why the world is so messed up. Most people here who know me, know that I wouldn't be posting something stating it as fact if it wasn't. Why is that? Because I've already done the research....thoroughly and I'm a trustworthy person. But there's still always certain people here who just have to rant on and argue about things they know NOTHING (or next to) about. As usual, A rope leash makes the best points. But as far as his questioning of where my info comes from, I don't get why he would question me regarding this...because all one has to do is follow what's going on in the US and the world politically to know these particular things...you don't have to look very far.


ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

There's PLENTY of compelling evidence, proof & logic embedded within my criticisms of the Obama Administration. Here's a short summary of what he's done. He's...

~ added to the debt more than ANY other US President in history ($6 trillion) and in only 3 1/2 years and is allowing/overseeing the printing of $40 billion quarterly...which is one of the main reasons why the US is being steered into a double-dip recession (and many other countries will be too) shortly and will consequently make this current Housing Bubble crisis look like a CAKE WALK
~ destroyed a part of the 1st Amendment and has almost completely destroyed the 4th Amendment over the past 12 months
~ blatantly pro-war
~ owned & operated by the Military Industrial Complex
~ funded by Goldman Sachs (who in September, just had the US Justice Dept. drop their investigation against them relating to the Housing Bubble crisis, due to lack of evidence :roll: )
~ one of THE biggest demagogues in existence
~ one of THE biggest liars in existence


And that's just for starters...

:roll:


EVERY. SINGLE. POINT. ABOVE. IS. FACT. NOT. OPINION. (apart from part of the 1st point, since the REAL economic crash technically hasn't happened yet) AND. IS. NOT. DEBATABLE.

Now, and I've already beaten these points to death (especially in other threads). So, do I really have to go over why the above are facts AGAIN just to satisfy those that haven't taken the time to do their own research properly and have the nerve to refuse to prove otherwise?

It's very time consuming and to be honest, I almost have no energy for this shit anymore and I'm also actually considering ending my involvement in these long debates. Maybe I should make that a 2013 New Year's Resolution? :roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1863
All I'm saying, Disco, is that information is suspect. What is reported as fact cannot be absolutely known as fact by those not directly involved. That is why journalism is kind of scary...the media report "facts" all the time, but how does the individual know if it is actually true?

The individual has to trust his gut, and then sort from there what the probabilities are. This is why I always use the collapse of the buildings on 9/11 as an example of media obfuscating the truth, and as an example of a trustworthy and testable set of actualities. No way in Hell can three skyscrapers fall that quickly without a lot of explosive help, and a lot of educated people understand this, no matter what other educated people insist.

So, basically, all we can say is here and there we get actual empirical evidence that proves we are being deceived. The true facts that the common individual can be absolutely certain of are quite few.

If we know mainstream media is lying about 9/11, or at best going along with a bogus official explanation, we can assume that they are controlled by clandestine powers that have an interest in keeping the masses duped. Yes, Obama is a puppet that is further fucking us, but it isn't just him, is it? Bitching about it, arguing about it, pointing out the specifics...it's all a circle jerk.

What people have to come together on is the need for wholesale change. Everybody agrees that it's a fucked up situation, but all anyone ever does is blame people that don't think the same as they do. Voting in bogus elections will never bring the kind of change we need. We will not see change until people are so fed up that they refuse to participate in the common bullshit.

I happen to agree with most of what Disco Boy asserts. To me, he has his finger on the truth. However, there is no way he or anyone else can prove their information is 100% pure truth. What I can say for certain is that we were buffaloed into endless war, and a large percent of the population need help seeing this certainty. We will never see change until we see the Big Lie for what it is, and act on our outrage.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2364
Schizophrenia causes dandruff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9587
Location: EINDHOVEN
The woman who got gang-raped in a bus in India, is now in Singapore. Hopefully the doctors there will be able to help her...

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5780
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Again, Isaac Boy gets it wrong. I think he does that on purpose just to argue...


When Bush left office in January 2009, the defecit was 12 trillion dollars. Now it is around 16 trillion dollars. 4 trillion has been added to the defecit, not 6 trillion.

The only thing holding back the paying down of the deficit are Boehner and the Tea Party Congress members who have their mouths firmly planted on the balls of the Koch brothers. They are Koch suckers.




...........................


Sorry to use that joke after your post BBP. Rapists deserve nothing less than death as far as I'm concerned. There's a lot of evil people in this world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1863
What's a couple trillion between friends? Did you actually go over the numbers, SPACEBROTHER? Were the books opened so that you could personally peruse them?

Or are you just suggesting that your media information is factual and Disco's is not?

Two trillion doesn't mean shit in this hole. Any increase in the deficit is bad. One trillion per year, and by the time's he's out of office he's fucked us pretty damn good, even compared to GWB.

Here's some news...

http://whatreallyhappened.com/

http://www.secretsofthefed.com/facebook ... of-events/

Facebook is apparently suspending the accounts of bloggers that question mainstream media.

Gee, why would they do that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20829
Location: Somewhere in time
Rope your just going over board with your 911 stuff, what happened is bad enough, the Government allowed Terrorist to perform their mission in hopes of having a reason to go to war and when they could not get into Iraq they made stuff up to get in there. They just never expected them to be so successful with their mission.

The real question is why they needed into Iraq so bad, it wasn’t for Saddam (he was hemmed in), it wasn’t for oil (that didn’t change anything), and there were no weapons of mass destruction (and they new that).

The planes were hijacked by Muslims who have gone nuts with their hatred of the US, they would be more than glad to slit your throat and your family’s throat no matter what your position is, short of conversion.

The planes they crashed into the Trade Center brought them down due to the type of engineering was used on those structures. They crashed a plane into the Pentagon, because it is too difficult to spot their other targets from a jet at that speed, the passengers brought flight 93 down. There are to many calls from planes and to many eyewitness to the crashes, as well as wreckage and cockpit transmissions, for the far fetched theory.

I will say that WTC #7 seems to have been taken down with a controlled demolition and why they needed to take that building down and why was it pre set for demolition is a big mystery, probably due to the amount of agencies there and possible exposure of something made it necessary.

VP Cheney and his henchmen caused all of our problems and President Bush fiddled like Nero while they did. President Obama has worked hard to save this country and has done a great job, if it was not for the Tea Baggers we would probably be in full recovery by now.

You’re asking the wrong questions and missing the real conspiracy, why did the Government need into Iraq so bad and why did they build military bases literally on Ancient Sumerian sites and what were they looking for and what did they find that caused the US to hightail it out of there so quick.

Seek those answers my friend and you will have something worth talking about… :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 969
Plook wrote:
The real question is why they needed into Iraq so bad, it wasn’t for Saddam (he was hemmed in), it wasn’t for oil (that didn’t change anything), and there were no weapons of mass destruction (and they new that).



SADDAM OR STARGATE?
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/exopo ... r_1_07.htm

:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1863
Plook...the towers did not fall due to the construction, no matter what NIST says. If they had fallen because of the damage done to them by the airplanes, it would have been a clumsy, slow collapse, not a virtual unzipping of the structure.

www.ae911truth.org

^ these architects and engineers will explain this to you. This isn't some whack conspiracy, this is testable science, and millions of people see it the way I do.

...and how do you know who were on those planes? Because the government said so? The same folks that are telling us the buildings fell at near the speed of gravity because of the plane impacts?

Sure, we didn't go to Iraq for the oil...sure! We went there to root out evil! Sure!

The exact reason doesn't matter. The fact is we we're duped into believing we were attacked so that we would support just about any goddamned thing our military wanted to do. We are still using this "war on terror" as an excuse for policing and invading. It started with a Big Lie, and it remains a Gigantic Mass Deception.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1863
...uhmmm...yeah, a stargate...sure! That's worth fighting for!















...and I'm "out there" for saying 9/11 was an inside job?! :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 969
Sheesh Rope , wouldn't recognize sarcasm if it slapped ya in the face , would ya ?
:roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1863
O yes, pedro, I did recognize the sarcasm from you. My post was directed at plook, who seems to be asserting that our troops found something mystically delicious in Iraq, and had to run from it.

Such as a "stargate".

Which you suggested.

I understood that you were being snarky.

It's plook I'm worried about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2364
I says that president Obama is so all mighty powerful that he alone can run the entire world into the ground all by hisself! He's like the lawd godalmighty too me. One man with that much power must be a god. A scary god! He's the jeanyus brains behind the hole thing all by hisself. And I know too becuz I got the facts! Goldarn right I do!! It's amayzin what 1 man can doo, aint it?

I likes too fight about the politicks cuz I likes to stimyoulate myself. I need too be constantly stimyoulated becuz my hole eggsistense is about me tryin to please my senses everey waking seckond that I am not spendin being a slave. Is America worth savin? Hell yeah just like that birthday cake that got left out overnight for the rats and roaches to devour. Food, tv, blogs, facebook, I jest luv the politicks!! It's like sports. Go team go!!

Go Go my team!! Fuck youse team! Youse lose so I can win!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3613
Location: Vancouver, BC
tweedle-dumb wrote:
Again, Isaac Boy gets it wrong. I think he does that on purpose just to argue...


When Bush left office in January 2009, the defecit was 12 trillion dollars. Now it is around 16 trillion dollars. 4 trillion has been added to the defecit, not 6 trillion.

The only thing holding back the paying down of the deficit are Boehner and the Tea Party Congress members who have their mouths firmly planted on the balls of the Koch brothers. They are Koch suckers.


tweedle-dee wrote:
President Obama has worked hard to save this country and has done a great job, if it was not for the Tea Baggers we would probably be in full recovery by now.


Image

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
I'd rather spend a night on Freak Mountain,than to gossip about politics on any Zappa thread. :roll:

Maybe it's just me.Go figure. :|

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9587
Location: EINDHOVEN
Just find enough news to drown them out.
Putin signs adoption laws: Americans can no longer adopt Russian kids.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 2:54 am
Posts: 2904
Location: Sydney, OZ
BBP wrote:
The woman who got gang-raped in a bus in India, is now in Singapore. Hopefully the doctors there will be able to help her...


Unfortunately not, beeps...

"Indian teen found dead after pressure to drop rape case"

"A 17-year-old Indian girl who was gang-raped took her own life after police pressured her to drop the case and marry one of her attackers, police and a relative said on Thursday."

Very sad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:29 pm
Posts: 174
"Whether you like it or not, there has been a general political consensus for the past eight odd decades that a social safety net is one of the legitimate products of that creative enterprise of self-government, that it is part of what we agree to when we form the political commonwealth. To have an austerity agenda imposed from above, and by a relatively unaccountable political elite, and because of the damage done to the nation's finances by an absolutely unaccountable financial elite, is to make an obvious mockery of that political commonwealth, and to do so hard upon an election in which the existence of that safety net was so directly and democratically validated, is to spit in the eye of a self-governing people. This, in turn, will engage all the worst popular instincts, including ill-directed and abandoned popular wrath."

Charles P Pierce, Journalist.
Read more: The Austerity Dance - Esquire

_________________
"... gonna jump outta the subcommittee and get ya!"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 379  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group