Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 pm 

gz sez wrote:
Re: Roxy soundtrack

Added: December 18th, 2012 in Questions

On Dec 17, 2012, at 4:52 PM, gouldson wrote:

can i buy this record from you?

t.p.

Yes – it will be available at Barfko-Swill!

http://www.zappa.com/gzsez/questions/re ... oundtrack/

When?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:17 pm 

Update before or after new year? I'll plump for a conservative after.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:27 am 

"When Can I Sign Up? Now. Well, once you have read the terms of the contract and found them agreeable to you. This is a limited one-time offer which will expire at 5AM Pacific Time on 28 December 2012"

Time's up. Wonder what will happen now?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:24 pm 

Hard to believe that only 3308 days have passed since the original Roxy Movie release announcement from the Baby Snakes DVD.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:50 pm 

Don't you remember? Time is an affliction.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:30 pm 

evildick wrote:
"When Can I Sign Up? Now. Well, once you have read the terms of the contract and found them agreeable to you. This is a limited one-time offer which will expire at 5AM Pacific Time on 28 December 2012"

One can only guess what's going to happen at this point...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:34 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
evildick wrote:

Good that some things are certain then. Like the worst US depression you have been counting down to for a while. LOL 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:16 pm 

HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
evildick wrote:

Good that some things are certain then. Like the worst US depression you have been counting down to for a while. LOL 8)

HJ we will see if you are a forecaster, but does anyone here think we will get a clue if ROXY By Proxy worked out for the ZFT?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:59 pm 

^^
email from ZFT...

Happy New Year To One And All!

Wishing you joy and health and energy and MUSIC in 2013!

Due to the overwhelmingness of the response to this ROXY PROJECT/OBJECT we have elected to:

1. Add even more information in the Question area at getsome.zappa.com. *

2. Open it up to all those Enthusiastic ZAPPA Fans throughout the known Universe without a U.S. Passport. *

3. To further extend the offer to be a ZAPPA Distributor/Contributor through 28 January 2013!

xxx

the barfies

* When you see the Announcement on WHAT'S NEW? you'll know the update/information is available at getsome.zappa.com.

Looks like it did such an "overwhelmingness" that they are letting those out of the US do it too now. So while it was met with "overwhelmingness" it was obviously not well enough.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:07 pm 

tweezers wrote:
HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

HJ we will see if you are a forecaster, but does anyone here think we will get a clue if ROXY By Proxy worked out for the ZFT?

I don't do forecasts. Never did. Only referred to DBs sig.

But we got the clue: It did not work out. Non-US citizens are now eligible, and the period is extended. Sad for those Americans who have bought a license only to see its geographical strength diminish somewhat.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:39 pm 

Quote:
Happy New Year To One And All!

Wishing you joy and health and energy and MUSIC in 2013!

Due to the overwhelmingness of the response to this ROXY PROJECT/OBJECT we have elected to:

1. Add even more information in the Question area at getsome.zappa.com. *

2. Open it up to all those Enthusiastic ZAPPA Fans throughout the known Universe without a U.S. Passport. *

3. To further extend the offer to be a ZAPPA Distributor/Contributor through 28 January 2013!

xxx

the barfies

* When you see the Announcement on WHAT'S NEW? you'll know the update/information is available at getsome.zappa.com.

What a HUGE surprise!

HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
evildick wrote:

I haven't been counting down to it for as long as you've implied I have. Technically, my sig has only been like that for the past few weeks. And if you're implying that there isn't going to be a MAJOR economic crash soon, then unfortunately, you're CLUELESS. :roll: Tomorrow, the US will technically go over The Fiscal Cliff. But the thing is, that's only the beginning...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:03 am 

Oh DB,your such a kidder.You know it's a cliffhanger and who's the hero this time will be the question.The stocks have already begin to rise.Unclinch.We have an hour left until the end of the Alution New Year.The congress,the Prez,the Justis' all want credit.They'll divy it up and that's that.I doubt if there will be any fall.Try Greese,thier in the streets about the economy.They might have fallen already.But once you have pubic servants and industry too,all failing what do you do? Do like the Greeks? Riot in the streets? If thats all your afraid of,I've rioted along with alot of other Patriots.It didn't bring the US down,it made it stronger from within,if anything.I was there.We stopped a war and got ride of a crook for a prez.If anyone's doing wrong the other two branches of Gov. and The People will not run from our own guns.But we know from Kent State that even The Guard will turn on our kids.That's why we got all these rights taken away by King George.He was scared we use them against him.He let others think for him.I don't believe for a second that this Prez.does this.It's gonna be alright.Trust me.We always find a way!
Your a ZappaFreak friend and I hope you continue to be bro'.I just don't think that being an alarmist right now is no diff. than watchin' Fox News.Really that shits been going on for over two US voting cycles now.Can ya leave it alone for a little while? (after the superbowl) or now that RP isn't a factor,have you gone Tea Party on us? Just confused about your constant paraniod comments. :?
Peace and I love ya man! {-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:15 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
I haven't been counting down to it for as long as you've implied I have. Technically, my sig has only been like that for the past few weeks. And if you're implying that there isn't going to be a MAJOR economic crash soon, then unfortunately, you're CLUELESS. :roll: Tomorrow, the US will technically go over The Fiscal Cliff. But the thing is, that's only the beginning...

OK then only for a few weeks - sorry. I am, by the way, not more clueless than most others. There is no truth out there in economics. That I know for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:49 am 

HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

OK then only for a few weeks - sorry. I am, by the way, not more clueless than most others. There is no truth out there in economics. That I know for sure.

As BBP & Disney would have a certain duck say."You guy's quack me up!" Then picture hearing ol' DD hisself quacking up.The sound.I can do the laugh and bee sting shtick,but I can't talk like Donald.Anyone got the gift of talking like Donald Duck? Step up now,it's a New Year's Hard Daze & Nights when your wearing feathers..well why do you think they call it fowl weather! Quack,quack,quack-a choo! Excuse me! My beak itches! I quack myself up! :lol:
OK pretend I'm Daffy Duck."Look out thucker,I'm wierd,I'm no Donald Duck,but me thinks thumbody out there can talk like D.Duck." Now look out again my friends and lets all pull together and get our ducks in a row!* :mrgreen: :twisted: :P

*Cliffhangers are Wiley Coyote and the Roadrunners gig.I'm SAG.I don't want trouble.Look what Jessica did to that one shot wabbit she was with! Why (she's an animated cartoon on the fake stage and animated just like the wabbit),....just testing. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:50 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

As BBP & Disney would have a certain duck say."You guy's quack me up!" Then picture hearing ol' DD hisself quacking up.The sound.I can do the laugh and bee sting shtick,but I can't talk like Donald.Anyone got the gift of talking like Donald Duck? Step up now,it's a New Year's Hard Daze & Nights when your wearing feathers..well why do you think they call it fowl weather! Quack,quack,quack-a choo! Excuse me! My beak itches! I quack myself up! :lol:
OK pretend I'm Daffy Duck."Look out thucker,I'm wierd,I'm no Donald Duck,but me thinks thumbody out there can talk like D.Duck." Now look out again my friends and lets all pull together and get our ducks in a row!* :mrgreen: :twisted: :P

*Cliffhangers are Wiley Coyote and the Roadrunners gig.I'm SAG.I don't want trouble.Look what Jessica did to that one shot wabbit she was with! Why (she's an animated cartoon on the fake stage and animated just like the wabbit),....just testing. :wink:

So what kind of drug was this composed with?

I think that the Roxy offer was so ridiculously popular that several servers went down with the rush towards buying it. Lucky for the foreign buyers!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:10 am 

I'm no druggy cal.

Good year sir.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:22 am 

.......... :shock:

You mean that's all natural?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:35 pm 

Did Disco Boy (aka Isaac) just hijack another thread? You guys still don't believe he's Isaac?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:37 pm 

Well, Global Insight and a few other prognosticators account for total US Congressional failure, but I always watch the capitalists. Most politicians know their daddy, we will muddle through...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:55 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Oh DB,your such a kidder.You know it's a cliffhanger and who's the hero this time will be the question.The stocks have already begin to rise.Unclinch.We have an hour left until the end of the Alution New Year.The congress,the Prez,the Justis' all want credit.They'll divy it up and that's that.I doubt if there will be any fall.Try Greese,thier in the streets about the economy.They might have fallen already.But once you have pubic servants and industry too,all failing what do you do? Do like the Greeks? Riot in the streets? If thats all your afraid of,I've rioted along with alot of other Patriots.It didn't bring the US down,it made it stronger from within,if anything.I was there.We stopped a war and got ride of a crook for a prez.If anyone's doing wrong the other two branches of Gov. and The People will not run from our own guns.But we know from Kent State that even The Guard will turn on our kids.That's why we got all these rights taken away by King George.He was scared we use them against him.He let others think for him.I don't believe for a second that this Prez.does this.It's gonna be alright.Trust me.We always find a way!
Your a ZappaFreak friend and I hope you continue to be bro'.I just don't think that being an alarmist right now is no diff. than watchin' Fox News.Really that shits been going on for over two US voting cycles now.Can ya leave it alone for a little while? (after the superbowl) or now that RP isn't a factor,have you gone Tea Party on us? Just confused about your constant paraniod comments. :?
Peace and I love ya man! {-

I think it's fantastic that you're so optimistic. But unfortunately, the reality is that even if The Fiscal Cliff is eventually completely fixed, there are still PLENTY of ultra-severe issues with the economy. And I've gone over them many times: the $16 trillion debt, the $40 billion being printed quarterly, while interest & inflation rates are being artificially manipulated by Government to offset the former, which contributes to the imminently-bursting Currency/Treasury bubble...and when it does burst, will lead to defaults out the ass, etc. These are just some of the factors that will make unemployment rates rise to near Great Depression era levels in the not too distant future (1 or 2 years, tops). And the Obama Administration's utter lack of fiscal and economic comprehension & responsibility is a VERY big part of the problem. The US and much of the world are in BIG trouble. Even Japan just announced two weeks ago that they're technically in a recession and they're one of the US' many creditors who are owed major $$$. What will transpire will be similar to what Greece & Spain are enduring today...

Also, you should know by now that Obama has destroyed part of the 1st Amendment and nearly the entire 4th Amendment with some of the bills he's passed over the past year or so, including the most recent signing of the NDAA. And this is FAR worse than what Bush did with The Patriot Act (not that I'm defending him)...

And no, I'm generally not a Tea Party (the band is pretty good, though :wink: ) supporter, but they do make some good points...

HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

???

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Did Disco Boy (aka Isaac) just hijack another thread? You guys still don't believe he's Isaac?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 am 

Disco Boy wrote:

HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

???

??? Which part did you not understand? I guess the latter. But I guess you are religious on economic matters, and discussing with religious people is a waste of time. (But I stand by my statement, btw.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:10 am 

Oh goody, more political stuff in a thread that's supposed to be about something else. Could it be taken elsewhere, please? There are other threads already started for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 am 

We're talking about ROXY, right? :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:27 am 

Whats up with the overwhelming response, how many?... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:44 am 

Plook wrote:
Whats up with the overwhelming response, how many?... :smoke:

Reads: This one guy e-mailed them from outside of the US. :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 46  Next