Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:53 am 

I like the bonus tracks, I don't mind the cow and the more I see of the new packaging, the less I like it. So for me it's a nobrainer - no new Lather.

The new OSFA is clearly brighter and overall better sounding than the Au20 - well worth the upgrade and an essential 2012 remaster!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:27 pm 

I recognize I almost clicked to buy Läther, but I will not do so as I do not collect every alternate artwork.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:24 am 

I was just at the HMV in downtown Montreal, and they had all the reissues priced at $10 each, even the double CDs! I don't know if those prices are across Canada or just here, but I'm quite happy right now!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:59 am 

penguini wrote:
Oh,also why is the cartoon inside the Mystery Disc "censored" as far as one cartoon character's face being "block out" with a black bar? Anyone know?

That's Herb Cohen, not a well-loved figure among the Zappa establishment. Didn't they retouch him out somewhere else as well? At least they left him alone on the Over-Nite painting!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:07 am 

Waka/Jawaka has a QR code, do any of the others? Isn't it a waste that they only go to the order page? I mean if you're scanning the QR code on the inside of the booklet, then you must have already purchased it, no?

Just got Absolutely Free, Hot Rats, Burnt Weeny Sandwich, Waka/Jawaka, Over-Nite Sensation and One Size Fits All.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:42 am 

jk666 wrote:
Waka/Jawaka has a QR code, do any of the others?
Zoot Allures does:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:34 am 

They are substitutes for the booklets. I suppose for the masses that use SmartPhones???

See Here: http://www.zappa.com/digitalbooklet/10/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:06 pm 

Phil Campeau wrote:
I was just at the HMV in downtown Montreal, and they had all the reissues priced at $10 each, even the double CDs! I don't know if those prices are across Canada or just here, but I'm quite happy right now!!

nope! HMV in West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton has them too, I've been buying them there. So far the only titles missing are YCDTOSA Vol 5, Mothermania, Finer Moments, Understanding America and I think that's it? Lather was in but $26. Every other title was $10. I'm hoping that the missing titles are just not on the shelves yet since they really have them crammed in, though Mothermania and Understanding America still don;t show on Amazon.ca.

Unless you've seen them in Montreal?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:38 pm 

A series of video reviews...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWoklOF6iiM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:08 am 

What's with the price on The Yellow Shark. It costs the same as a double album yet it's only one disc, is there something I'm missing?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:06 am 

I've noticed something interesting....
In the new Laether CD set the inner artwork is of the "original" tape boxes for the proposed LP set,....and the order of the tracks is NOT the order of the songs on the CD set(especially the last few sides). Plus some songs are different ones listed on those boxes too. So....Is this really Laether as it was to be released??

Baby Snakes is listed on the tape boxes,...and The Ocean Is The Ulimate Solution isn't! Hmmm...??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:07 am 

penguini wrote:
I've noticed something interesting....
In the new Laether CD set the inner artwork is of the "original" tape boxes for the proposed LP set,....and the order of the tracks is NOT the order of the songs on the CD set(especially the last few sides). Plus some songs are different ones listed on those boxes too. So....Is this really Laether as it was to be released??

Baby Snakes is listed on the tape boxes,...and The Ocean Is The Ulimate Solution isn't! Hmmm...??

Yup, same as the Ryko release. The music on the CD is the same music FZ broadcast in 1977.

I believe Joe posted once that the tape in that box is the one they used for mastering.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:42 am 

penguini wrote:
...and The Ocean Is The Ulimate Solution isn't! Hmmm...??
One More Time For The World = TOITUS slightly abbreviated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:52 am 

polydigm wrote:
penguini wrote:
...and The Ocean Is The Ulimate Solution isn't! Hmmm...??
One More Time For The World = TOITUS slightly abbreviated.

Ok. But what about "Baby Snakes" being listed as on the LP masters? Plus all the shifts in playing order,compared to those tape boxes printed in the new CD set?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 am 

Most likely FZ changed his mind at the last minute.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:54 am 

Does anyone know if they plan on reissuing 200 Motels or Civilization Phaze III, or was last month pretty much the last batch of remasters?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:55 pm 

I was at my local best buy-store the other day, and they had around 20-25 titles of the 2012 reissues.
they had 'hot rats' for $9.95.
for a while, I thought about getting it, but I didn't.
might go back later and pick it up.

I'm only interested in the early fz stuff anyway (and the 'guitar' & the 88-tour albums).

and more of his synclavier-stuff, please!

so there! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:26 am 

Finally got a non-squashed copy of Lather!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 pm 

Got sick of waiting for HMV to maybe get the missing titles so ordered them up off amazon. decided to finish off the ZFT releases and was surprised that some titles were missing off the Barfko-Swill site. Hope they press more. I'm currently missing Philly '76, Halloween and Quad.

Anyone know if they do new runs when they run out or is it a once they're gone they're gone? Sucks to have a full set off titles be three short. :S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:28 am 

I think Halloween and Quad are gone, but Philly 76 has disappeared and reappeared more than once in the recent past. Buffalo and CPIII are two others that have gone missing occasionally. (In fact I see CPIII is missing today.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:16 am 

pbuzby wrote:
I think Halloween and Quad are gone, but Philly 76 has disappeared and reappeared more than once in the recent past. Buffalo and CPIII are two others that have gone missing occasionally. (In fact I see CPIII is missing today.)

Thanks for the heads up. I can live without Halloween and Quad, but really want Philly since it's a full show. I'll keep my peeper peeled for it to reappear.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:18 am 

Ruz-El wrote:
I can live without Halloween and Quad, but really want Philly since it's a full show. I'll keep my peeper peeled for it to reappear.

You can probably live without H, but don't miss Q - it's one of the best posthumous releases, IMO. I listened to it today - it's like a more extravagant, lusher, slightly older brother to One Shot Deal - a real gem!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:23 am 

DC Boogie wrote:
Ruz-El wrote:
I can live without Halloween and Quad, but really want Philly since it's a full show. I'll keep my peeper peeled for it to reappear.

You can probably live without H, but don't miss Q - it's one of the best posthumous releases, IMO. I listened to it today - it's like a more extravagant, lusher, slightly older brother to One Shot Deal - a real gem!

Yes, Q is a must-have! :smoke:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:04 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
DC Boogie wrote:
Ruz-El wrote:

Yes, Q is a must-have! :smoke:

Oh believe me, if H & Q get offered again, I'll be buying. I'm not spending $100 on the secondary market though.

If anyone has a copy they want to let for for normal retail, feel free to hit me up. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 pm 

If they don't reissue Q it would be nice if the otherwise unavailable music (particularly "Chunga Basement" and the unedited alternate mix of "Waka Jawaka" with the different ending) turned up on some other archival CD.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next