Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 164  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2323
Plook wrote:
Well it has been an eventful couple of days at the Plook residence, I'm on a two week vacation and have only worked a couple hours the last two days...lol... :lol:

Mrs.Plook cut off her beautiful long hair in anticipation of it all falling out due to chemo (I may have to shave my head, I am thinking about it...so long Movie Star hair if I take that route)... :shock:

The Daughter Plook the Elder won a the most prestigious award that they offer at Long Beach State University, she gets a fair bit of money and her name gets etched in the Legacy Wall, it was the first time in the schools history that it was a unanimous vote. By the way she says DB is full of shit…lol… :wink:

I have had a productive two days I rented a U-Haul and cleaned out my storage and my garage and went to the dump and disposed of 700 pounds of crap…it feels good!... :!:

My boss called and apologized but let me know he nominated me for an award for my work with getting the company Tier 1 certified with AT&T and it was approved and I get a pretty dam good cash prize with it ( I can buy three Roxy distribution











































rites if that helps you calculate)... 8)

Well at least if the world ends tomorrow I will go out with a smile on my face and a clean garage… :mrgreen:

:smoke:

It's not too late Plook! I'll be right down and help you spend that $3,000.00 before it all goes up in smoke. :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 9405
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Enjoy the two work free weeks with the family Plook



kiss goodbye to your movie star hair........


Last edited by Gray_Ghost on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Enjoy the two work free weeks with the family Plook



kiss goodbye to your movie style hair........



That is not a done deal yet, but we will see... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 9405
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Plook wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Enjoy the two work free weeks with the family Plook



kiss goodbye to your movie star hair........



That is not a done deal yet, but we will see... :smoke:


On 2nd thought's it may be quite therapeutic for you to keep your hair so Mrs P can run her fingers through it, while her hair is on holiday


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Plook wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Enjoy the two work free weeks with the family Plook



kiss goodbye to your movie star hair........



That is not a done deal yet, but we will see... :smoke:


On 2nd thought's it may be quite therapeutic for you to keep your hair so Mrs P can run her fingers through it, while her hair is on holiday

+ 1 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
I like it!... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
I like it!... :smoke:

Now quit smoking instead bro'! :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
I like it!... :smoke:

Now quit smoking instead bro'! :wink: :mrgreen:



Mrs. Plook is down to 3 cigs a day in 4 weeks, she has the elctronic one but doesn't use it much....I am rolling 100% pure unwashed untreated tobacco into non chemically treated tubes, I've gone green baby, its the only way to smoke... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
I like it!... :smoke:

Now quit smoking instead bro'! :wink: :mrgreen:



Mrs. Plook is down to 3 cigs a day in 4 weeks, she has the elctronic one but doesn't use it much....I am rolling 100% pure unwashed untreated tobacco into non chemically treated tubes, I've gone green baby, its the only way to smoke... :smoke:


When little Izzy walks up and see's that smoking smilie on Grampa's computer does she thinks it's cute? What's she picking up off the I-phone? Down the road a seed might of been planted in the family tree that it's cool to smoke.Do you want to be the one who planted it?

The guilt is rising around you! Sorry to be so heavy but I and some others here want to keep you around longer.As a healthy pet off coarse! <Plookism :mrgreen:

I'm proud of you both! Mrs.Plook especially! You not so much.You switched brands and bragg about it. :roll: As Gomer would say:"Shame,shame on you three times! Who's this Plook feller anyway?" :mrgreen:

It's hard,but one day at a time and the smoke is all in the review mirror baby!..and you be hip like me again! :twisted:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
When little Izzy walks up and see's that smoking smilie on Grampa's computer does she thinks it's cute?



I usually grab a beer she gets some milk and we have a cigarrett, she can't have beer it may be unhealthy for her... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
When little Izzy walks up and see's that smoking smilie on Grampa's computer does she thinks it's cute?



I usually grab a beer she gets some milk and we have a cigarrett, she can't have beer it may be unhealthy for her... :smoke:

So I can't guilt you into stopping.Hmmmm,I gotta come up with some new shit.Speaking of new shit,Happy New Year bro'! :wink: :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
When little Izzy walks up and see's that smoking smilie on Grampa's computer does she thinks it's cute?



I usually grab a beer she gets some milk and we have a cigarrett, she can't have beer it may be unhealthy for her... :smoke:

So I can't guilt you into stopping.Hmmmm,I gotta come up with some new shit.Speaking of new shit,Happy New Year bro'! :wink: :lol:



Ya you need to come up with some new shit, this shit is going on two years old...Just playin Kap, Happy New Year... :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
We're a regular couple a wild and crazy guys! 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
Back to work today, first trip of 2013 is to LA area on the 14th...so no flights... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
Well we had to cancel vacation in two weeks for our 30th anniversary, so we're headed to the beach for a couple days before Mrs Plook starts chemotherapy. See you next from the big watty (as Izzy would say).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
Well we had to cancel vacation in two weeks for our 30th anniversary, so we're headed to the beach for a couple days before Mrs Plook starts chemotherapy. See you next from the big watty (as Izzy would say).

The forcast calls for rain.I love watchin' the rain with a driftwood fire in one of the many WWII caves carved up and down the west coast.The beach is great in the rain or shine.Y'all have a beautiful time bro'. {-

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
Make the best of it, Plook!

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4972
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Have a great time you two!

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
We brought the Daughter Plook the Younger and Izzy, our Suite in Half Moon Bay overlooks the Marina (which is actually Princeton By The Sea) and we can see Pillar Point which is home of Mavericks, which currently has waves of an unknown size but I would guestimate a good 15 to 20 feet.

It is in the low 60's partial clouds but very sunny, just a beautiful beach day, we ate breakfast at Nicks in Rockaway Beach (excellent breakfast) this morning and it was overcast. Just kicking it now we are debating a good seafood dinner, you can buy fresh fish off the back of boats in the Harbor, but no where to prep or cook.

I have to work but that should'nt be an issue, I am full time remote anyway and I can't complain about my office view... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
We brought the Daughter Plook the Younger and Izzy, our Suite in Half Moon Bay overlooks the Marina (which is actually Princeton By The Sea) and we can see Pillar Point which is home of Mavericks, which currently has waves of an unknown size but I would guestimate a good 15 to 20 feet.

It is in the low 60's partial clouds but very sunny, just a beautiful beach day, we ate breakfast at Nicks in Rockaway Beach (excellent breakfast) this morning and it was overcast. Just kicking it now we are debating a good seafood dinner, you can buy fresh fish off the back of boats in the Harbor, but no where to prep or cook.

I have to work but that should'nt be an issue, I am full time remote anyway and I can't complain about my office view... :smoke:

If ya go south to Pescadero Beach turn left and go a couple miles into the little burg of Pescadero.At the only stop sign anywhere around make a left and park. The bar & resteruant there are called Durants.It's about a half hour drive,from HMB and all but the last mile on the beach with fantastic views.The foods to die/kill for.When I was there,I thought this would be the perfect place for TMIMITW to vist.I called you from the beach there when I was trekkin' and watchin' the last total eclipse of the sun.
Ya'll watch out for those "sleeper/rogue waves".BTW: Weatherman sez it's gonna clear up! Have a great time bro'. :D

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
We brought the Daughter Plook the Younger and Izzy, our Suite in Half Moon Bay overlooks the Marina (which is actually Princeton By The Sea) and we can see Pillar Point which is home of Mavericks, which currently has waves of an unknown size but I would guestimate a good 15 to 20 feet.

It is in the low 60's partial clouds but very sunny, just a beautiful beach day, we ate breakfast at Nicks in Rockaway Beach (excellent breakfast) this morning and it was overcast. Just kicking it now we are debating a good seafood dinner, you can buy fresh fish off the back of boats in the Harbor, but no where to prep or cook.

I have to work but that should'nt be an issue, I am full time remote anyway and I can't complain about my office view... :smoke:

If ya go south to Pescadero Beach turn left and go a couple miles into the little burg of Pescadero.At the only stop sign anywhere around make a left and park. The bar & resteruant there are called Durants.It's about a half hour drive,from HMB and all but the last mile on the beach with fantastic views.The foods to die/kill for.When I was there,I thought this would be the perfect place for TMIMITW to vist.I called you from the beach there when I was trekkin' and watchin' the last total eclipse of the sun.
Ya'll watch out for those "sleeper/rogue waves".BTW: Weatherman sez it's gonna clear up! Have a great time bro'. :D



Thats one of our old haunts, used to put wireline equipment in the AT&T Central Office there...very quaint a town a great visit!... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
We got back from Half Moon Bay yesterday afternoon had a great short stay with Mrs. Plook, the Daughter Plook the Elder, and Izzy...we ate our share of sea food I had to work but a took a two hour lunch Tuesday and we went to the beach by Miramar’s, Izzy and I had a blast playing near the water, what a nice warm beautiful day.

I think a few days by the sea helped Mrs. Plook, but she is having a hell of a time sleeping at night, she is really apprehensive about her Chemo.

Next week I leave for LA and I will be in Chicago the first week of February and Dallas then Houston the week after.

PIB should be doing something fun while I am there if all works out… :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
Glad to hear your stay in Half Moon Bay was nice!
See you in Chicago!

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 9405
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Still sending.........................................................................................................


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21486
Location: Somewhere in time
Thanks Grey she needs all the back up she can get... :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 164  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group