Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 389  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9788
Location: EINDHOVEN
The Dakar rally has taken 2 lives in Peru: an assistance car hit a taxi, then a second taxi hit the wrecks. The victis were young women in the first taxi.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13894
Location: From some place in this area...
Half of all food 'wasted' report claims

As much as half of the world's food, amounting to two billion tonnes worth, is wasted, a UK-based report has claimed.

The Institution of Mechanical Engineers said the waste was being caused by poor storage, strict sell-by dates, bulk offers and consumer fussiness.

The study also found that up to 30% of vegetables in the UK were not harvested because of their physical appearance.

The institution's Dr Tim Fox said the level of waste was "staggering".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20968076

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:38 am
Posts: 235
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Half of all food 'wasted' report claims

As much as half of the world's food, amounting to two billion tonnes worth, is wasted, a UK-based report has claimed.

The Institution of Mechanical Engineers said the waste was being caused by poor storage, strict sell-by dates, bulk offers and consumer fussiness.

The study also found that up to 30% of vegetables in the UK were not harvested because of their physical appearance.

The institution's Dr Tim Fox said the level of waste was "staggering".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20968076

Furthermore the following link highlights how certain media organizations are not reporting on matters which concern us all. It's only one minute long, please inform yourselves. Before it's too late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2059
Why should they report it? Everyone already knows!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Just remember who really owns this planet and hope they don’t show up and put their foot down...

The Venusians?



According to the earlist records the Anunnaki... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13894
Location: From some place in this area...
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Just remember who really owns this planet and hope they don’t show up and put their foot down...

The Venusians?



According to the earlist records the Anunnaki... :smoke:


The bird in question is Quetzalcoatl...

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
May the bird of paradice fly up your nose! :shock:
Wasn't that a song lyric,from a DR.Demento worthy type of song? I believe it was a country & western duo that sang it.
I could be misstaken.(<there's something that you never here DB say :mrgreen: )

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
May the bird of paradice fly up your nose! :shock:
Wasn't that a song lyric,from a DR.Demento worthy type of song? I believe it was a country & western duo that sang it.
I could be misstaken.(<there's something that you never here DB say :mrgreen: )



You may hear that from him when the aliens stick a probe up his ass to see what his problem is... :mrgreen:

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15116
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
May the bird of paradice fly up your nose! :shock:
Wasn't that a song lyric,from a DR.Demento worthy type of song? I believe it was a country & western duo that sang it.
I could be misstaken.(<there's something that you never here DB say :mrgreen: )


Little Jimmy Dickens.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
calvin2hikers wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
May the bird of paradice fly up your nose! :shock:
Wasn't that a song lyric,from a DR.Demento worthy type of song? I believe it was a country & western duo that sang it.
I could be misstaken.(<there's something that you never here DB say :mrgreen: )


Little Jimmy Dickens.

Sounds funny,so it just might be right.Is he the guy who sang that song or are you pulling my leg cal?

Those drugs must be making me paranoid. :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3695
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Well, I guess you're referring to the majority of Mussollini's reign? Because technically, from 1921-1925, Alberto De Stefani (Mussolini's Minster Of Finance) helped Mussolini adopted free market principles in Italy, which contributed to a major economic boom, similar to The Roaring Twenties in the US. And it wasn't because he necessarily liked the idea. It was established to get the public back on his side. Otherwise, he may not have lasted much longer. But once Mussolini ended the system of free market principles in 1925 and fired Stefani, everything went back to shit in Italy, just like it was right after World War I...

The above info is included in the link I posted for Caputh (which he initially posted) to re-read on page 37 of the Ron Paul thread...


So therefore I can according to your logic, legitimately refer to any any particularly capitalist economic policy as truly fascist?


Wtf?

Caputh wrote:
BTW you have yet to establish that what you wrote on the roaring 20s is FACT. It is an opinion supported by some facts. There are other opinions around that are also supported by some facts.


Ok, it's time to come out of your severe denial and accept the compelling evidence and/or FACTS I've presented. Because there is no compelling evidence and certainly NO FACTS that support what you're stating. Not only that, you've done a piss-poor job stating your case.

Caputh wrote:
Just because you don't like them, does not mean that you have in any way disproved them merely by negating them, or calling them socialist, which up until now is all you've done. Yet again.


POT. KETTLE. BLACK.

Are you fucking kidding me? I have either provided compelling evidence and/or PROOF backing up my points. You just don't want to admit it.


:roll:

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I could be misstaken.(<there's something that you never here DB say :mrgreen: )


I can and have done so when I've been wrong.

tweedle-dee wrote:
You may hear that from him when the aliens stick a probe up his ass to see what his problem is... :mrgreen:

:smoke:


My problem with you is, you've stuck your head in the sand like a weasel after accusing me of shit, without showing me what you're referring to and/or proving your claims against me... :roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4969
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I could be misstaken.(<there's something that you never here DB say :mrgreen: )


By failing to admit that he fails to admit being mistaken Disco Boy has once again failed to admit that he is mistaken. In this he is mistaken.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Caputh wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I could be misstaken.(<there's something that you never here DB say :mrgreen: )


By failing to admit that he fails to admit being mistaken Disco Boy has once again failed to admit that he is mistaken. In this he is mistaken.



Sounds like he is once, twice, three times mistaken...AKA Triwronga...that's a strike out if I'm not mistaken... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I could be misstaken.(<there's something that you never here DB say :mrgreen: )

No offence DB,I did go back quite aways and I can't find anywhere where you say you were mistaken or could have been mistaken.It's no big deal as I was just kidding you anyway. :wink: {-

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I could be misstaken.(<there's something that you never here DB say :mrgreen: )

No offence DB,I did go back quite aways and I can't find anywhere where you say you were mistaken or could have been mistaken.It's no big deal as I was just kidding you anyway. :wink: {-



It's a symptom of his condition... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3695
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
By failing to admit that he fails to admit being mistaken Disco Boy has once again failed to admit that he is mistaken. In this he is mistaken.


Translation:

I got NOTHING.

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
No offence DB,I did go back quite aways and I can't find anywhere where you say you were mistaken or could have been mistaken.It's no big deal as I was just kidding you anyway. :wink: {-


And that's because of my hyper-analytical nature - I'm rarely mistaken. :wink:

tweedle-dee wrote:
It's a symptom of his condition... :smoke:


Image

Btw, I'm STILL waitin' for you to back up your claims against me...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4969
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
By failing to admit that he fails to admit being mistaken Disco Boy has once again failed to admit that he is mistaken. In this he is mistaken.


Translation:

I got NOTHING.


Oh, I wouldn't say you didn't have anything at all.

You did admit that you were wrong when you stated that fascism and socialism were equivalents. This was after you discovered that the Fascist government in Italy pursued a capitalist economic policy between 1921 and 1925. The only trouble is that you seem to be taking up the view as a result that Fascism is somehow something we should copy.

But never mind, this is all getting a little tedious. I've lost count of the times I have seen the words "POT.KETTLE.BLACK" "ONE.MORE:TIME.FOR.THE.WORLD." "I always back up my arguments with facts." etc, etc - just because you repeat the same phrases over and over again, it doesn't make them automatically true, it's just boring after a while. So I will stop replying to you, at least in this particular thread, for a bit.
Important you may be, BREAKING NEWS you are not.

This however is:
It turns out that Jimmy Saville abused so many girls, boys, men and women that it is possible to draw up graphs and pie charts to analyse the type of victim:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... d-450.html

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19169
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Aaron Taylor-Johnson has apparently been offered the lead role in the new Godzilla remake.
The Kick-Ass star is said to be the frontrunner to play the hero in Legendary Pictures' new franchise about the iconic giant lizard, directed by Monsters' Gareth Edwards.

Deadline reports that budding young British actor Aaron will wait until he sees the final draft of the screenplay by "The Walking Dead"'s Frank Darabont, which he is adapting from the original script written by Max Borenstein for the project.

Details of the story reboot are being kept top secret but movie blog CHUD.com claims it will follow the story of a soldier, so this could be the role Aaron is in line for.

CHUD also claims the film will feature two monsters wreaking havoc.



Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enter ... z2HpGB5rOy

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2670
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
Image

HP CEO Whitman Earned $15.4 Mln In 2012

1/12/2013 10:28 PM ET

Computer and printer maker Hewlett-Packard Co.'s (HPQ: Quote) chief executive officer Margaret Whitman received compensation valued at $15.36 million in her first full year at the helm, even as the company reported a net loss for the year.

In a proxy filing, Palo, Alto, California-based HP said that Whitman received 70 percent of her targeted compensation for fiscal 2012 that ended October 31, while the company reported a net loss of $12.65 billion for the year.

Story here:

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3695
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
By failing to admit that he fails to admit being mistaken Disco Boy has once again failed to admit that he is mistaken. In this he is mistaken.


Translation:

I got NOTHING.


Oh, I wouldn't say you didn't have anything at all.


Unless you're exuding some horrible type of sarcasm, I'm actually talking about YOU.

Caputh wrote:
You did admit that you were wrong when you stated that fascism and socialism were equivalents.


No, I admitted I was wrong regarding the technicalities of the definitions of both. Because since both systems include Government dictatorship over your life, as far as I'm concerned, they're essentially the same. And that's a point I made and am sticking to.

Caputh wrote:
This was after you discovered that the Fascist government in Italy pursued a capitalist economic policy between 1921 and 1925.


Ok, so you're NOW admitting that was case, after initially denying it?

Caputh wrote:
The only trouble is that you seem to be taking up the view as a result that Fascism is somehow something we should copy.


Not at all. I was strictly talking about the free market principles that lead to the economic boom in Italy at that point in time.

Caputh wrote:
But never mind, this is all getting a little tedious. I've lost count of the times I have seen the words "POT.KETTLE.BLACK" "ONE.MORE:TIME.FOR.THE.WORLD." "I always back up my arguments with facts." etc, etc - just because you repeat the same phrases over and over again, it doesn't make them automatically true, it's just boring after a while. So I will stop replying to you, at least in this particular thread, for a bit.
Important you may be, BREAKING NEWS you are not.


BUT I have backed up my points with compelling evidence and/or FACTS. It just seems that you can't admit it.

And you're going to stop replying to me? Excellent! Now I won't have to CONSTANTLY correct your errors, misinterpretations of compelling evidence and FACTS. Not to mention, put up with your sinewy logic and pie-in-the-sky socialism rants about it actually working well, when in FACT history has shown us it doesn't.

:roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19169
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Still happening in the USA...

California High School shooting: 'there was blood everywhere'
Following a shooting at Taft Union High School in California in which one student was shot and critically injured, parents of pupils describe the chaos and fear when they were told about the incident.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/10/us/califo ... index.html



And still happening in India...

Six men arrested in new gang rape of a bus passenger in India
NEW DELHI — Police said Sunday they have arrested six suspects in another gang rape of a bus passenger in India, four weeks after a brutal attack on a student on a moving bus in the capital outraged Indians and led to calls for tougher rape laws.
Police officer Raj Jeet Singh said a 29-year-old woman was the only passenger on a bus as she was traveling to her village in northern Punjab state on Friday night. The driver refused to stop at her village despite her repeated pleas and drove her to a desolate location, he said.
There, the driver and the conductor took her to a building where they were joined by five friends and took turns raping her throughout the night, Singh said.
The driver dropped the woman off at her village early Saturday, he said.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01/13 ... -in-india/

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19169
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
At last! The TRUTH!! (including a tie-in to the 9-11 events!!!)

The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9GxXYKx_8

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15116
just plain doug wrote:
At last! The TRUTH!! (including a tie-in to the 9-11 events!!!)

The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9GxXYKx_8


It's true because there's a video on the internet that asks a bunch of questions! Who needs actual evidence!!!!

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
calvin2hikers wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
At last! The TRUTH!! (including a tie-in to the 9-11 events!!!)

The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9GxXYKx_8


It's true because there's a video on the internet that asks a bunch of questions! Who needs actual evidence!!!!

Agreed! Isn't it convenient that this video was made 2 daze before the shooting,by actors who belong to the Sreen Actors Guild.Can anyone 'C' what's missing here?
It's a plot within a plot,all plotting to keep your average paranoid nut 'n' gun bearing denisons of the deep,satisfied. :roll:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4969
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
According to Fitch, the EU is emerging from the economic crisis and nobody is going to leave the euro...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ ... story.html

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 389  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group