Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 389  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4972
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
We're not all going to die in 2036 after all...

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2013011 ... ay-delayed

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21484
Location: Somewhere in time
Caputh wrote:
We're not all going to die in 2036 after all...

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2013011 ... ay-delayed



Now there's the only thing man should be concentrating, there has been at least one other human civilization (probably more advanced in some ways than ours) that was wiped out and almost all traces of their existence erased. We will end up going the same way if we don't get our act together, we're hung up on the small shit and petty fighting, we need to unit and get the fuck of this planet... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
Caputh wrote:
We're not all going to die in 2036 after all...

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2013011 ... ay-delayed



Now there's the only thing man should be concentrating on, there has been at least one other human civilization (probably more advanced in some ways than ours) that was wiped out and almost all traces of their existence erased. We will end up going the same way if we don't get our act together, we're hung up on the small shit and petty fighting, we need to unite and get the fuck of this planet...

You mean space migration? I thought only me and Timothy Leary believed that shit! :mrgreen:

BTW: I edited your post so it reads better....I think.I added an *on* and an *e*.Hope you don't mind. :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2674
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
Image

Santa Cruz's O'Neill outfits penguin in a zoo in England with wetsuit

By Shanna McCord

Image

SANTA CRUZ -- O'Neill has a new team mascot named Ralph, who is waddling around an England zoo decked out in a custom-made wetsuit.

The famed Santa Cruz wetsuit maker adopted Ralph, a 14-year-old Humboldt penguin at Marwell Zoo, after learning the 2-foot-tall bald bird had lost all of his feathers in one day due to moulting.

It usually takes a few weeks for a penguin to lose all of its feathers while moulting. The old feathers are eventually replaced with a new set.

Ralph faced the possibility of staying indoors for three weeks to prevent sunburn while the feathers grew back before O'Neill stepped up with a sponsorship deal usually reserved for standout surfers.

"At O'Neill we strive to help and support marine habitats as well as understand the important relationship between the sea and the external environment," said Steve Peters, O'Neill's European marketing manager. "It was an absolute pleasure for us to provide Ralph with a new wetsuit. He is the ultimate cold water specialist."

The black and white neoprene wetsuit includes holes for Ralph's head and arms. His name is printed on the back in large white letters.

Zoo officials say Ralph is back to his regular routine with other penguins at the zoo, spending most of their days splashing around and eating.

"Ralph was in desperate need of a new wetsuit as his old one was starting to fall apart," said Anna Ing, Marwell's team leader of birds. "His wetsuits see a lot of activity with him constantly on the go swimming, climbing rocks and preening."

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 pm
Posts: 643
Location: ger-money
Image
batmobile sold for 4.2 million bucks
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/20/batman-batmobile-sold-auction-4-2m

_________________
god, what a cheap bubble machine!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1016
Court says Obama appointments violate constitution

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr ... nstitution

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2926
Location: Chicago, sort of.
pedro2 wrote:
Court says Obama appointments violate constitution

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr ... nstitution

So be it. Let's see how much of a republican victory it is when they get one of theirs elected and he wants to make some appointments on the fly.

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3688
" What difference does it make anyway"

_________________
A government Bureau is the closest thing to eternal life on earth that you will ever see


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1016
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
" What difference does it make anyway"



I would LOVE to see her ask that to the remaining family members. :cry:

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19179
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
pedro2 wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
" What difference does it make anyway"



I would LOVE to see her ask that to the remaining family members. :cry:

I see you've only seen the edited video clip FOX put around. They showed the whole clip on "The Daley Show" and what she said was that who killed them it isn't important, making things more secure is the important object.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1016
And while she WAS on the job , how did she do that ??

She testified she never saw the cables that came across her desk and had no knowledge of any imminent danger in Bengazzi.

If she were a republican , you can be sure she would have been brought up on charges of dereliction of duty.


Wrong is wrong .. republican or democrat .. and to sidestep the issue because she is a Democrat is hypocrisy in the worst form.

Sorry , JPD , I just can't buy the excuses from this administration and defend them like the sheeple do.
I hope you are not one of them.

:cry:

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19179
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
pedro2 wrote:
And while she WAS on the job , how did she do that ??

She testified she never saw the cables that came across her desk and had no knowledge of any imminent danger in Bengazzi.

If she were a republican , you can be sure she would have been brought up on charges of dereliction of duty.


Wrong is wrong .. republican or democrat .. and to sidestep the issue because she is a Democrat is hypocrisy in the worst form.

Sorry , JPD , I just can't buy the excuses from this administration and defend them like the sheeple do.
I hope you are not one of them.

:cry:

I live in Canada. I don't even try to follow (nor care about) politics/politicians in the USA. But I do know your media likes editing communications to change the meaning of what was said (remember the Georgia State Director of Rural Development for the United States Department of Agriculture who was fired for racist comments...then it turned out her speech had been edited to look that way, and the White House had to issue an apology to her?). Damn Clinton if you will, but don't base it on altered evidence (unless you want to. I wasn't defending her position, only pointing out you may be acting on misinformation).

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1016
just plain doug wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
" What difference does it make anyway"



I would LOVE to see her ask that to the remaining family members. :cry:

I see you've only seen the edited video clip FOX put around. They showed the whole clip on "The Daley Show" and what she said was that who killed them it isn't important, making things more secure is the important object.



Yes , JPD , I did watch the whole thing. My point is this. She had been in her position as sec't of State for a few years , so why does she want to make things more secure NOW ???

Who ordered the stand down while watching real time video ? Who ignored the cables for months before this tragedy happened ? Who watched the Red Cross leave the area as other countries were removing their representatives from the same area ? Who ignored the ' combative testing ' from political foes in the weeks and months before 9/11 on this facility ?

These things all happened BEFORE the 9/11 attack. With all the ' pro-active ' programs this gov't has initiated , don't you think the security of our men and women abroad should have been included ?

The only ' misinformation ' that the American people have , is from the side stepping answers to important questions.

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
If you still don't believe that Republicans have become an extremist Fascist party...

If you can’t beat ‘em, gerrymander away their electoral votes ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50573173


Interesting how they are only targeting mostly Blue states that vote Democrat, but not Red States like Texas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3688
just plain doug wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
" What difference does it make anyway"



I would LOVE to see her ask that to the remaining family members. :cry:

I see you've only seen the edited video clip FOX put around. They showed the whole clip on "The Daley Show" and what she said was that who killed them it isn't important, making things more secure is the important object.

You missed the contradiction, after the quote she said we have to find out how it happened so is won't happen again. sheeeshe

_________________
A government Bureau is the closest thing to eternal life on earth that you will ever see


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9810
Location: EINDHOVEN
Fire in a nightclub in Brazil claims 245 lives. :cry:

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1016
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
If you still don't believe that Republicans have become an extremist Fascist party...

If you can’t beat ‘em, gerrymander away their electoral votes ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50573173


Interesting how they are only targeting mostly Blue states that vote Democrat, but not Red States like Texas.



Gerrymandering is an American game both parties play because the courts allow it and the voters don’t punish them for it.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ering.html

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
If you still don't believe that Republicans have become an extremist Fascist party...

If you can’t beat ‘em, gerrymander away their electoral votes ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50573173


Interesting how they are only targeting mostly Blue states that vote Democrat, but not Red States like Texas.



Gerrymandering is an American game both parties play because the courts allow it and the voters don’t punish them for it.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ering.html


We don't elect by landmass size. One person living in a 100 square mile radius isn't supposed to have more say than 100 persons living in a one mile radius. Gerrymandering in this day and age is almost entirely a Republican scam to take away votes from mostly non-caucasions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21484
Location: Somewhere in time
And go... :arrow:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:29 pm
Posts: 174
Americans die in Iraq, Afghanistan and Americans die in Libya #whatdifferencedoesitmake?

Americans cut state department funding for security overseas, terrorists exploit American weaknesses overseas and at home #whatdifferencedoesitmake?

Americans lie to get us into and out of war #whatdifferencedoesitmake?

Americans waste million$ to gerrymander districts AND try to extend voter rights #whatdifferencedoesitmake?

Americans tell the truth, get jailed for it and Americans lie for partisan politics and get paid for it #whatdifferencedoesitmake?

Americans pay their bills, get foreclosed and American banks ruin global economy, pay some fines #whatdifferencedoesitmake?

house slaves and field slaves, get different wages #whatdifferencedoesitmake?

Americans blame gun violence on mental illness and deficit hawks cut gov spending on programs for mentally ill #whatdifferencedoesitmake?

Americans die in Libya and American children die in school, in the theaters, in their neighborhoods #whatdifferencedoesitmake?

_________________
"... gonna jump outta the subcommittee and get ya!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 782
Location: Atlanta
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
If you still don't believe that Republicans have become an extremist Fascist party...

If you can’t beat ‘em, gerrymander away their electoral votes ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50573173


Interesting how they are only targeting mostly Blue states that vote Democrat, but not Red States like Texas.



Gerrymandering is an American game both parties play because the courts allow it and the voters don’t punish them for it.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ering.html


We don't elect by landmass size. One person living in a 100 square mile radius isn't supposed to have more say than 100 persons living in a one mile radius. Gerrymandering in this day and age is almost entirely a Republican scam to take away votes from mostly non-caucasions.


A simple solution that I am shocked is never discussed. Dismantle the electoral college. Let the popular vote decide the President. What a radically simple idea. :roll:

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9810
Location: EINDHOVEN
A famine is endangering the lives of North-Korean people, allegedly 10,000 have died already. The Sunday Times reports of a man who had killed and attempted to eat his children; he was sentenced to death and executed.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1016
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
One person living in a 100 square mile radius isn't supposed to have more say than 100 persons living in a one mile radius.


Plook wrote:
And go... :arrow:


And one person living in an uptown penthouse isn't supposed to have more say than 1000 people living in the streets , but ,
it happens. :wink:

:|


duchamp wrote:
A simple solution that I am shocked is never discussed. Dismantle the electoral college. Let the popular vote decide the President. What a radically simple idea. :roll:


Would that be a new reality TV show ?

" American Idiot " ?

:wink:

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
BBP wrote:
Fire in a nightclub in Brazil claims 245 lives. :cry:

Has Smoke On The Water taught us anything? Fire,flares,a crowded concert,one entrance/exit.I read an article about this incident.It's a terrible loss of life at a venue that should know better and a band member who in the heat of the show,killed alot of kids with his flare antics.According to witnesses,he lit a flare as part of the show and held it straight up to where it caught the cheap soundproofing panels on fire that spread very quickly.So fast that one of the members of the band was killed also.
Terrible and avoidable tragedy.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Posts: 703
Location: next door
Oh those crazy Brazilian kids,,,,

_________________
Image
if you knew suzie, like I know suzie, oh, oh, oh what a creamcheese,,,,


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 389  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group