The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:43 am 

"Oh come on. You're just being silly."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:17 pm 

I agree with that!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:41 pm 

Why? Because the TV would never lie to you?

Here's some guy complaining about Chris Matthews:

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/c ... ies/32849/

The comments section is interesting, and displays the differences between conspiracy theorists, some of whom are critical thinkers and some of whom are not so discerning.

I suppose it's fine for some folks to just pass it off as silliness, and if that's where you're at, good for you. But how do you breathe with your head in the sand?

I am continually amazed that some of the fans of major iconoclast Frank Zappa are so ready to to be seen as mainstream. I must confess, if it wasn't for Frank I would not be so questioning. But, it goes all the way back to Who are the Brain Police? In my honest opinion, Frank Zappa would be telling many of the forum members here that they are gullible and misinformed.

But, whatever turns your turbines. You will do as you are told, I'm sure...at least until the rights to you are sold.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:37 pm 

You're a little too much into that Zappa guy, aren't you?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:02 pm 

I totally stepped into it that time, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 am 

Just the other day, a friend of my father's (they host a news site together) dropped in. He had spent 18 months calculating numerology of people's names, ranging from local to international politics, and now believes there is this sort of immensely huge secret society that you can only get into if your name has the right number total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:01 am 

My horoscope was right on last week.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:17 am 

BBP wrote:
Just the other day, a friend of my father's (they host a news site together) dropped in. He had spent 18 months calculating numerology of people's names, ranging from local to international politics, and now believes there is this sort of immensely huge secret society that you can only get into if your name has the right number total.
Can you believe that some French companies still use numerology and/or astrology to validate the resumes they receive?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 am 

If they do, I don't want to work there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:46 am 

BBP wrote:

You also have to pay a membership fee and learn a hand shake... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:10 am 

BBP wrote:
If they do, I don't want to work there.
The problem is you never know who does this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 am 

It's discrimination and should be outlawed. You can't change your birthdate and changing your name is too much of a hassle to do that just so you can have good digits.

(PS My birthdate brings up the same number as FZ's.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 am 

BBP wrote:
It's discrimination and should be outlawed. You can't change your birthdate and changing your name is too much of a hassle to do that just so you can have good digits.

(PS My birthdate brings up the same number as FZ's.)

You can't rig it, some of us were born with awesome digits, don't hate...appreciate...its not to late...make it great... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:42 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:04 pm 

Conspiracy claim: The big brother is watching you
How to respond a conspiracy "theorist": Tin foil crazy person, you're just being silly...

Later that same year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_surveillance_disclosures_%282013%E2%80%93present%29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:52 pm 

There's conspiracy theories on each and every level - the "they're spying on us" is unfortunately true as it turns out, courtesy of the patriot act - how was spying on everybody even realized before the 90s? Still enough people believed at the time that they were being spied on. This is still a few steps away from believing MH-17 was a US conspiracy to prevent the truth out that AIDS was created by the US government, and it's a few thousands miles away from believing that the lunar landings never happened.

Question - if the government uses my in-built laptop webcam to spy on me, then why the hell can't I get it to work on Skype?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:19 pm 

BBP wrote:
There's conspiracy theories on each and every level - the "they're spying on us" is unfortunately true as it turns out, courtesy of the patriot act - how was spying on everybody even realized before the 90s? Still enough people believed at the time that they were being spied on. This is still a few steps away from believing MH-17 was a US conspiracy to prevent the truth out that AIDS was created by the US government, and it's a few thousands miles away from believing that the lunar landings never happened.

Question - if the government uses my in-built laptop webcam to spy on me, then why the hell can't I get it to work on Skype?

They broke it!!!... :shock:

Zzziiinnngg... :mrgreen:

Sorry Bonny I could help myself, it was too easy... :smoke:

Last edited by Plook on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:27 pm 

BBP wrote:
There's conspiracy theories on each and every level - the "they're spying on us" is unfortunately true as it turns out

They're going to get bored as hell spying on me. I'm about to wash all the black shit off me from work, and then cook supper. Exciting stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:09 pm 

Next conspiracy claim: ET activity is being covered up and denied for years...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:19 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Conspiracy claim: The big brother is watching you

Actually, most people are watching Big Brother. On a television they bought and paid for with their own money.

I don't believe in Conspiracy theories but I certainly believe in conspiracies. I'm not naive enough or sheltered enough to be ignorant of these things. I don't believe the crackpot shit, obviously. Mostly there are no conspiracies, just a lot of people with vested interests.

BBP, you figure everything is on the level?
You're just being silly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:33 pm 

Just a lot of people with vested interests conspiring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:35 pm 

Hey Mr. GG did you see this?

NASA promises 'definitive evidence' of alien life by 2025

http://rt.com/usa/247733-nasa-space-alien-life/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:46 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Next conspiracy claim: ET activity is being covered up and denied for years...

100% percent true, this has been proven beyond a doubt if you can stay awake reading any of the well-researched books on this subject, like any other technical document or intensely detailed research it is frankly kind of boring.

One of the more interesting books I read recently concerned not the documents found using Freedom of Information searches, but the documents that should be there even if nothing happened. In the military there are certain documents that get produced even of something turns out to be a nonevent.

The funniest one was all documents pertaining to the Rosewell air base from 1945-50 are missing and it is unknown why or when they were taken, according to a source the author spoke with, "those instructed to remove all documents pertaining to the 1947 disc crash and recovery would take all documents fro 2 to 3 years before and after to assure no misfiled documents or subsequent follow-up documents got missed.

In fact he even found documents in other agency and government files that mention documents that when looked for where they should be, are not there.

That was a good read, a lot of outrageous missing stuff... :smoke:

Last edited by Plook on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:47 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
Just a lot of people with vested interests conspiring.

A little American history for those who don't believe in conspiracies. Muslim Brotherhood versus the Mafia...For short attention spans and/or busy people cue to 7:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TADbnYQJg7w

Last edited by downer mydnyte on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:48 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
BBP wrote:
There's conspiracy theories on each and every level - the "they're spying on us" is unfortunately true as it turns out

They're going to get bored as hell spying on me. I'm about to wash all the black shit off me from work, and then cook supper. Exciting stuff.

Everything that passes through the US data-wise is stored in a database accessible to the NSA. Boring as hell, maybe. Way too much info for a company to track, definitely. Thrown away without further thought, yes. What happens to that nude pic I posted to my boyfriend? Is it picked out and stored on some NSA pervert's computer? Very well possible.