Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 am 

Surrogate Mother Wanted for Neanderthal Baby

Jan 22, 2013 12:22 PM ET // by LiveScience

This may go down as one of the oddest job postings in history: A respected Harvard professor of genetics has proposed finding an "extremely adventurous female human" to serve as surrogate mother for a cloned Neanderthal baby.

Besides saying that the cloning of a live Neanderthal baby would be possible in our lifetime, Dr. George Church told Der Spiegel magazine that using stem cells to create a Neanderthal could have significant benefits to society. "The first thing you have to do is to sequence the Neanderthal genome, and that has actually been done," Church said.

The Story

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:40 pm 

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2013/01/25/ ... erie-nile/

Cops didn't think it was very knife of Valerie Nile to allegedly threaten her neighbors after the threesome she had planned on never materialized.

A police report obtained by The Smoking Gun said that Nile, 44, was arrested on Tuesday after Edward Sabatino called 911 once the knives made their appearance at his home in Friendship, Maine.

Nile, who "lives two trailers over" according to Sabatino's roommate Shawna Chickering, told deputies the trio was "going to have a threesome," the report said.

Nile is charged with criminal threatening and terrorizing.

Barstool Sports argues non-prostitute-fueled threesomes are never a good idea:

It's borderline impossible to keep all three people happy and comfortable when there’s always some sort of third wheel. Its best to just avoid them all together unless you’ve paid for that action and it's just a job to the other parties involved.
But threesome's are hardly the only sexual encounters that can turn violent. The South Town Star reports that, on the same day Nile was arrested, an S&M photo shoot turned unexpectedly violent when Kimberly J. Williams, 45, of Crete Township, Ill. allegedly started beating another woman with a baseball bat.

Last edited by calvin2hikers on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:45 am 

I suppose that story goes in the "fantasies" part of this board.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:02 am 

A Florida man is facing charges of unlicensed practice of health care causing serious bodily harm after he injected silicone into at least two patients' buttocks at a motel room, according to a Palm Beach Sheriff's Office arrest report obtained Wednesday.

Calvin Edward Butler, 44, also known as Tamieka Butler, performed the injections at El Patio Motel dating back to June 2012, the report said.

The first alleged victim, a woman, told detectives in December that she received injections from Butler at the motel four times between September and October, the report said.

The victim said she would disrobe from the waist down and Butler would use a felt tip pen to mark areas on her buttocks where Butler felt she "needed fullness," according to the report.

With the victim lying down, Butler would pour out a clear liquid from a Pedialyte bottle, telling the woman it was sterile silicone, the report said. After pouring the liquid into a plastic cup, he filled syringes from the cup which he used to inject into the woman's buttocks, the report said.

Once the injections were complete, Butler would clean any blood or fluid from the skin and use Krazy Glue on the incisions, the report said. The woman was charged $200 per injection session.

Butler first told the woman he received the silicone from a nurse at Florida Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale, then told her he bought it from a woman named Debra who is well known for silicone injections in the Miami area, the report said.

After the woman's last injection procedure, she began to feel painful nodules at the injection sites and she contacted Butler. Butler told her to take warm baths and massage the nodules and the symptoms would subside, the report said.

But the woman soon began to suffer from several open and oozing wounds, fevers and swollen lymph nodes, and went to the emergency room at JFK Hospital in Atlantis for treatment, the report said.

The woman was given antibiotics and discharged but was later readmitted with Lymphadentitis, a swelling of the lymph nodes due to bacterial infection. She still hasn't fully recovered, suffers from chronic pain and a chronic cough, and is now disfigured, the report said.

She also had been breast feeding when the infection occurred but her baby daughter hasn't suffered any health complications, the report said.

The second victim, a man, said he had received weekly injections from Butler between June and October 2012 at the motel, the report said. The injections were administered in the same manner as the woman, though Butler charged only $100 per session, giving a discount price since they were old friends, the report said.

Calvin Edward Butler, who also goes by the name Tamieka Butler, faces charges of unlicensed practice of health care causing serious bodily harm.

Butler told the man he had several strippers as patients who were charged $400 per visit, the report said.

When the man began developing open sores at the injection sites and contacted Butler, Butler told him to toughen up and gave him oral antibiotics, the report said.

The sores increased in size and the man was admitted to Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center in November with a severe infection. Doctors performed surgery on the man's buttocks and found cultures with MRSA and other bacteria infections, the report said.

As the man was recovering at the hospital, Butler paid him an unannounced visit in December, arriving dressed as a woman with a wig and fur coat and several large pieces of jewelry, the report said.

When the man asked Butler what he was doing there, Butler responded, You need to remember who the bi--- in charge is," the report said. Butler also said he was angry the man has sought medical attention, the report said.

Butler was being held on $15,000 bond Wednesday, and it was unknown whether he has an attorney.

The incident is just the latest in a series of arrests in South Florida for illegal buttocks injections. Just last month, a Hialeah couple was arrested after police say they performed a botched buttocks-enhancing procedure on a woman.

In 2011, a Miami Gardens woman, Oneal Ron Morris, was arrested for allegedly injecting patients with cement, Fix-a-Flat and other substances in their buttocks.

Brian Hamacher @ http://www.nbcmiami.com/news

Last edited by calvin2hikers on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:36 am 

It strikes me as unethical to cite someone else's reporting without at least mentioning their name(s) or the publication their writing appeared in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:25 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
It strikes me as unethical to cite someone else's reporting without at least mentioning their name(s) or the publication their writing appeared in.

--Pope Jim

I did go back and include the credits that I thought were there in the first place.

Last edited by calvin2hikers on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:40 pm 

Thank you. You are forgiven, my son.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:23 am 

Telepathy Involved In The Deaths Of Four Engineers In Turkey?

A Case Of Lost In Translation

Hüseyin Başbilen, Halim Ünsem Ünal, Evrim Yançeken and Burhaneddin Volkan were working for ASELSAN, a major defense industry contractor in Turkey that supplies electronic systems to the Turkish military, prior to their deaths, reports Today’s Zaman. The four engineers' deaths, between 2006 and 2007, were listed as suicides, but their families were skeptical and others believed there may have been some foul play.

The report states the engineers were not working on any classified, critical or special project for ASELSAN prior to their deaths, countering theories they were working on something the government wanted to keep private, reports Today’s Zaman. The most curious aspect of the findings involves the discussion of telepathy being used as a weapon to force the engineers to commit suicide. It used the phrase “telepathic attack,” which, it turns out, may be a mistranslation of a story that seems to have originated with Hurriyet Daily News. HDN quoted the research of “neuropsychology expert” Nevzat Tarhan, whose testimony was included in the report. (The field of neuropsychology focuses on changes in behavior and cognitive function as a result of disease or injury to the brain.) "Tarhan’s study," said the HDN story, "asked the prosecution not to disregard the possibility of telekinesis as a possible cause of the suicides,” but a commenter points out a possible error in translation.

Previous research by Tarhan, a member of the American Psychiatry Association and a board member of the EEG and Clinical Neuroscience Society, has focused on behavior and mood. According to commenter Turk Uzan, the original translation cites the possibility of an “electromagnetic attack” that could have triggered headaches and psychological distress that could cause an individual to commit suicide. Electromagnetic waves have been the focus of much research regarding their effect on human behavior, and Tarhan's comment may refer to unsafe work conditions vs. any sort of telepathic element.

A report by the World Health Organization on exposure to low-frequency electric fields says there is no evidence of health consequences due to exposure. Transcranial magnetic stimulation, which uses electromagnetic stimulation to targeted areas of the brain, is a new form of depression therapy that was approved by the Food and Drug Administration.

While the telekinesis/telepathy angle is getting the most attention, the report does not conclusively rule out murder in regards to the four deaths. According to Today’s Zaman, the engineers underwent psychological treatment prior to their death: Başbilen was being treated prior to his suicide in August 2006 and the other three went to treatment after his suicide. The report found no link between the suicides but did note Başbilen’s suicide was the most suspicious. Of the eight members involved in the investigation, five believed it was a suicide and three believed it was murder. The members investigated the personal history, treatment logs and other documents pertaining to the deaths of the four engineers. The report was given to the Ankara Chief Prosecutor's Office, which will continue the investigation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:25 am 

Professor builds dream mountain villa where he can get away from it all. Only problem is, it's on top of a Beijing apartment block (and the people underneath aren't too happy)

Academic Zhang Lin has spent six years shifting rocks and rubble to the roof to create this mountaintop penthouse
But residents say he is a 'menace' and has caused cracks in the building and leaks from broken pipes
Officials say he had no planning permission for the 'extension' but it will only be demolished if proven unsafe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... house.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 am 

Caputh wrote:
Professor builds dream mountain villa where he can get away from it all. Only problem is, it's on top of a Beijing apartment block (and the people underneath aren't too happy)

Academic Zhang Lin has spent six years shifting rocks and rubble to the roof to create this mountaintop penthouse
But residents say he is a 'menace' and has caused cracks in the building and leaks from broken pipes
Officials say he had no planning permission for the 'extension' but it will only be demolished if proven unsafe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... house.html

He's a rock-it man!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:35 am 

One million cockroaches reportedly flee farm in China

At least one million cockroaches have reportedly escaped from a farm in China where they were being bred for use in traditional medicine.

The cockroaches fled the facility in Dafeng, in the eastern province of Jiangsu, for surrounding cornfields after an "unknown perpetrator" destroyed the plastic greenhouse where they were raised, the Modern Express newspaper said.

Disease control authorities have sent five investigators to the area to come up with a plan to stamp out the insects.

Farm owner Wang Pengsheng invested more than 100,000 yuan ($18,100) in 102 kilograms of Periplaneta americana eggs after spending six months developing a business plan, the report said.

By the time the greenhouse was damaged, more than 1.5 million cockroaches had hatched and were being fed food including "fruits and biscuits" every day, Wang was quoted as saying.

He had expected to make around $180 profit for every kilogram of cockroaches sold, according to the report, but was now facing losses of hundreds of thousands of yuan.

The cockroach is generally considered a pest but believers in traditional Chinese medicine - which uses both plants and animals, including endangered species - say extracts from it can treat diseases including cancer, reduce inflammation and improve immunity.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:10 am 

The German company Henkel had to pull one of its toilet refreshers out of the Eastern-European market, as the product happened to have the same colours as the Ukranian flag.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:29 pm 

"Inside the world of men and dolls"

http://cnnphotos.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/ ... ?hpt=hp_c3

"I got a girl with a little rubber head
Rinse her out every night just before I go to bed
She never talk back like a lady might do
An' she looks like she loves it every time I get through

And her name is
P-I-N-K-Y
P-I-N, no lie
K-Y, me-oh-my
She's $69.95
Give her a try"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:14 am 

A department store in Leiderdorp (a HEMA, chain which is famous for its sausages) has started selling wills and civil unions.
In reaction to that, a local lawyer's office started selling sausages.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:53 am 

BBP wrote:
A department store in Leiderdorp (a HEMA, chain which is famous for its sausages) has started selling wills and civil unions.
In reaction to that, a local lawyer's office started selling sausages.

Hahahaha. That's weird no matter how how you look at it.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:54 am 

Voodoo_Butter wrote:

And of course the Photographer is from Denmark !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:39 am 

After being told over 40 years ago that he was murdered by a blow to the back of the head (http://www.unmuseum.org/tutmurder.htm), three years ago we were told Tutankhamun died of a broken leg, exacerbated by malaria (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... laria.html).

Now we are told that he died as a result of a chariot accident (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 19262.html).

This must surely be the most autopsied body in history; no wonder the Pharaohs cursed all those who violated their tombs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:33 pm 

Caputh wrote:
After being told over 40 years ago that he was murdered by a blow to the back of the head (http://www.unmuseum.org/tutmurder.htm), three years ago we were told Tutankhamun died of a broken leg, exacerbated by malaria (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... laria.html).

Now we are told that he died as a result of a chariot accident (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 19262.html).

This must surely be the most autopsied body in history; no wonder the Pharaohs cursed all those who violated their tombs.

So it wasn't Ay at all. I'm amazed they can be so certain. The fascinating part about Tut was that his tomb was found intact. Other than that, not much. I guess his father might be considered a hippie. I really like reading about Egyptian history.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:00 am 

In case any of you missed this important and I might say "Disturbing news"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2338282/Meet-Mr-Testicle--probably-bizarre-mascot-seeking-raise-awareness-testicular-cancer-Brazil.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:30 am 

Mr. Testicle needs a shave!

But to keep the ball(s) rollin' we have this:

http://www.queerty.com/watch-man-nails-testicles-to-sidewalk-in-protest-of-russia-becoming-a-police-state-20131111/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Queerty%20Active&utm_campaign=Queerty%20Daily%20Newsletter

(I don't really care to dwell on this "nut"!)

--Bat :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:58 pm 

Thankyou Bat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:02 am 

Voodoo_Butter wrote:

These men all need to die.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:38 am 

Man Claims 'Big, Black Snake' Bit His Penis In Toilet

Sssssucks to be you, man.

A man in Ghana claims he was using a public toilet when a 'big, black snake’ bit him on the tip of his penis on Wednesday.

Kwabena Nkrumah, 34, said the pain was intense, and that he ran out of the public toilet screaming, "Snake! Snake! Snake!" which in turn caused others using the facilities to panic and flee, according to Ghanaweb.com.

Nkrumah told a local radio program that he thought that the pain on his penis was normal, until he looked down and saw the snake.

The public toilet was reportedly "in a deplorable state," even without the snake problem.

Although this story is a rare exception, snake bites don't usually make the news. Men who bite snakes, on the other hand, can be pretty memorable.

Last year, a Nepalese man bit a cobra after it bit him first. He said he believed that biting the snake until it died would make him immune to the animal's venomous bite.

"A snake charmer told me that if a snake bites you, bite it until it is dead and nothing will happen to you," he told the BBC.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/snake-bit-penis-kwabena-nkrumah_n_4432263.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:06 am 

US Witness Report Found on Stalin's Katyn Massacre
WARSAW, Poland January 8, 2014 (AP)
Associated Press

A researcher says she has uncovered vital testimony by a U.S. officer whom the Nazis forced in 1943 to watch the exhumation of Polish officers killed on Soviet leader Josef Stalin's orders.

Krystyna Piorkowska said Wednesday she found the May 10, 1945, report by Lt. Col. John H. Van Vliet Jr. in archives near Washington. It provides evidence of Soviet responsibility for the 1940 massacre of some 22,000 Polish officers in the Katyn forest and other places in the then-Soviet Union.

Van Vliet's later, longer report is considered missing, which has fueled speculation that the U.S. silenced the truth.

Van Vliet was a POW in Germany when he was taken to Katyn to see the evidence.

Until 1990, Moscow blamed the Nazis, but then admitted Stalin ordered the massacre.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:57 am 

^ Is this a relative of Don Van Vliet, the Captain we all know or just the same name? :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next