Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304 ... 356  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:58 pm 

Thanks guys! College baseball, being a sport that is not basketball or football, throws nickels around like they are manhole covers. It's quite rare to get a baseball scholarships above 50%. Usually they are much less than that. And they "adjust" them year-to-year, meaning that if a hot shit prospect comes up after you, they help "pay" for him by decreasing existing players' scholarships. That's the sad reality. If we were hoping to depend on a scholarship to fund his education, it would be a problem. Families who do depend on it drive themselves crazy.

He's a pitcher and outfielder. He's a better pitcher though. They say you gotta have some luck, and it's true. Sam took some pitching lessons with Neil Cotts, who is a pro pitcher who used to play for the Chicago White Sox and now plays for Texas, I believe. Cotts taped Sam without his knowing it, and sent copies out to some of his college and pro contacts, and one of the schools contacted Sam's high school coach about him. That's a nice guy.

Mind you, it's January. Not a single game has been played yet.....

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:47 pm 

BBP wrote:
Unless his wife is from Frankfurt.

Which weirdly enough....

she is!
(Well done!)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:55 am 

Now that is cosmic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:53 am 

This happened to me twenty-eight years ago today:

http://lowercaselifestyle.blogspot.com/ ... today.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:37 am 

FalseDichotomy wrote:
This happened to me twenty-eight years ago today:

http://lowercaselifestyle.blogspot.com/ ... today.html

Nice! The only celebrity autograph I have is...Dweezil.

Edit: Oh, I forgot about Mick Foley...the kids wanted to go to his autograph session in Omaha and we did. So that's 2!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:23 pm 

Played in a golf tournament in the Bahamas! Great weather. About 80 degrees.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm 

Great. Did you get a blow job at least ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:54 pm 

Put add in local paper for a room for rent.Anyone wanna moo-move to Davis,Ca.?

Actually hoping for a grad student or someone who will stay over a year at least. 8)

Thinking of trying craigs list also.I'll see if I get any calls from the add first,I'd hate to pay all of March myself.That's if I can! I'm still payin' on the Vultures Await debacle in Woodland.Haven't heard Cletus offering to pay the fine I took the fall for him on.Hmm.I know he'd of done the same for me.....I hope so anyway! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:50 pm 

Be careful. I put an ad in the paper looking for a roommate and some interesting candidates showed up. I eventually found an guy I went to school with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:59 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Be careful. I put an ad in the paper looking for a roommate and some interesting candidates showed up. I eventually found an guy I went to school with.

..and your in the bible belt! Ya,I know but I'm hopin' for the best.I do have a sickth-sense about strange people.Sort of like Plooks Crapdetector.I hope it don't fail me now! Thanx cal,I'll be carefull. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:04 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

..and your in the bible belt! Ya,I know but I'm hopin' for the best.I do have a sickth-sense about strange people.Sort of like Plooks Crapdetector.I hope it don't fail me now! Thanx cal,I'll be carefull. :wink:

Yeah, one guy was just seemed weird....and another guy was trolling for a date, or at least a one-nighter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:35 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Yeah, one guy was just seemed weird....and another guy was trolling for a date, or at least a one-nighter.

Ewwww! Did he offer to cook you breakfast in the morning?! Ewwww! I'm pretty libral,but I don't want to hear two guys going at it on the other side of the wall! No how,no way! Ewwww! I will discriminate,fer sure,fer sure!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:44 pm 

Another thankless 12 hour day at the grind stone, not even a Zappa sound track to get me through today...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:11 am 

Got up extra early so I had time to change into my carnaval costume, but decided against it because I'm about to go on holiday for a week and don't need pneumonia.
Plus we changed carpet recently, which really takes it out of you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:03 am 

Here's one photo I made at the carnaval parade yesterday:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:10 am 

A 13 pair legged dog and a human cow!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:43 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
A 13 pair legged dog...!

Dogerpillar.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:54 pm 

BBP wrote:
Here's one photo I made at the carnaval parade yesterday:

I do believe that cow has udders.

Isn't that a 28 legged longhaired doggapeed?

The guy in the lab coat...I'd hate to think what the rubber gloves are for! But on the other hand the cow looks happy! :mrgreen:

Looks like a fun time for all Bonny.Thanx for sharing the pix,got anymore? :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:10 am 

I really don't know how many legs!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:05 am 

Back from a rather sad trip to France to visit my parents. Sad because it looks like they're going to have to leave their beloved isolated house in the country for at least half the year due to my poor old dad's condition. He has Parkinson's, an infected shoulder that has just been operated on, prostrate cancer and either his blood pressure is too high or too low. He is also taking a cocktail of medicine to combat these various ailments, the effects of which are difficult for us to evaluate. He keeps dropping off into an unconscious state and my poor ma can't really cope any more with the house as the heating is basically wood stoves. So, we've got to try and find a way that they can keep the house but have another flat somewhere in town for the winter...
The real bummer is watching the dad you love revert to an almost child-like state, where he really needs you and you have to tell him what to do. The only plus sides was how so sweetly grateful they were that I'd come and that we've at least begun discussing alternatives. I've tried to arrange it that at least one of my three siblings is there once a month for at least a week for the next six months. It's difficult, as we're all strewn over Europe. Age and illness really do destroy us all in the end.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:34 pm 

I hope you and your family find the strength to deal with the situation, wish you all the best, Caputh...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:23 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I hope you and your family find the strength to deal with the situation, wish you all the best, Caputh...

Me too Caputh.I wish you and your's the best in this tying time and hope it works out for the best bro'.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:43 pm 

Damn Caputh, I'm so sorry to hear about this. What a horrible thing. Both my parents died in the last couple of years, and my Dad died after a stint in hospice. I watched him take his last breath.... Everything about that long period of poor health is etched in my mind. It's so hard to know what to do.

Hospice, conducted properly and in the right setting, is a great thing, when the time is right for it. Just a suggestion from experience....

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:40 am 

Thanks for the support guys. It's much appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 pm 

I hope everything turns out all right or at least gets a little better for you....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304 ... 356  Next