Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244 ... 370  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
From Thom Hartmann's Monday Blog:

If the NRA, and its foaming-at-the-mouth leader, Wayne LaPierre weren't scary enough, it turns out the gun-happy organization has now created an enemies list. As the ThinkProgress blog points out - the NRA's "Nixonian enemies list" is comprised of individuals, and organizations, that have "lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to an anti-gun organization." The list includes medical organizations, that often have to deal with gun violence first hand in hospitals, like the American Medical Association and the American Nurses Association.

The list also includes educators, who are now too often the victims of gun violence, including the American Federation of Teachers and the National Education Association. Law enforcement groups tasked with patrolling gun violence also made the list, like the National Association of Police Organizations. So, too, have religious organizations, and even several musicians, like Art Garfunkel, Frank Zappa, and Boyz 2 Men.

Apparently, MacGyver even made the list. And the NRA's descent into madness continues.

-Thom

I haven't looked up the list yet. If anyone has a link, please post.

Here you go. Lots of people and organizations. And all six Zappas!

http://nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

The NRA must really hate Julianne Moore. They list her name twice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
I don't see FZ on that list

DB,I think this is a current and alive threat list.They can't kill FZ again so they foolishly think he can't be a threat.....mwu-ah ha ha! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:50 pm 

Since that second amendment is part of the Constitution and was created December 15, 1791, why not sell 1791 arms ? I'm sure that's what those stupid assholes who wrote that amendment first had in mind. Honestly, they couldn't foresee what kind of guns and killing toys would be common in 21st century. If they could, in their right mind, they would never even think about that shitty amendment. Unless they have no respect for human life, but a strong one for money. Hey, just like any stupid Republican NRA fan. The kind who would blame Obama for Bush administration and think that 4 years is enough to wipe it out, and restore USA back to its previous glory.
Anyway, just to stay in that idiot state of mind, it's only Americans killing Americans, right ? Why bother ?
Everyone with an automatic weapon ? I guess I'll never agree to that. :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:27 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
From Thom Hartmann's Monday Blog:

If the NRA, and its foaming-at-the-mouth leader, Wayne LaPierre weren't scary enough [...] Frank Zappa, and Boyz 2 Men.

Apparently, MacGyver even made the list. And the NRA's descent into madness continues.

-Thom

I haven't looked up the list yet. If anyone has a link, please post.

Here you go. Lots of people and organizations. And all six Zappas!

http://nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

Clue: Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk.

Jim and Pat should take a pole
right up each saintly glory-hole,
With tar and feathers too --
Just like they'd love to do to you
'cause they think you are bad --
And they are very mad
'cause some folks don't want prayer in school!
We'd need an ark to survive the drool
Of micro-publicans, raised on hate,
And 'jimbo-jimbo' when they graduate
Convinced they are 'the chosen ones' --
And all their parents carry guns,
And hold them cards in the N.R.A.
With their fingers on the triggers
When they kneel and pray
With a ku-klux muu-muu
In the back of the truck,
If you ain't born again,
They wanna mess you up, screamin':
'no abortion, no-siree!'
'life's too precious, can't you see!'
What's that hangin' from the neighbor's tree?
Why, it looks like 'colored folks' to me --
Would they do that...seriously?

Here are all the Z people on the list. Gail is the only one with no known occupation...

Catherine Zeta-Jones - Actor
Ahmet Zappa -Actor
Diva Zappa -Actor
Dweezil Zappa - Musician
Gail Zappa -
Moon Zappa -Actor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:05 am 

Hmm, then wherever Arkay got the original stuff is wrong about Frank then.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:28 am 

Hahaha... Thanx for the link, cal. I guess Thom didn't look closely enough or maybe they finally realized that FZ is dead and removed his name. Funny that they didn't want to write Job Creator for GZ.

The one they really should worry about though is Fannie Flagg. Those Senior Citizens are glued to reruns of Match Game from the 70s and will by highly susceptible to suggestion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:09 am 

Hahaha... Thanx for the link, cal. I guess Thom didn't look closely enough or maybe they finally realized that FZ is dead and removed his name. Funny that they didn't want to write Job Creator for GZ.

The one they really should worry about though is Fannie Flagg. Those Senior Citizens are glued to reruns of Match Game from the 70s and will by highly susceptible to suggestion.

She wrote Fried Green Tomatoes. And you know what an allegory that is against gun ownership.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:59 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:

She wrote Fried Green Tomatoes. And you know what an allegory that is against gun ownership.

What's the name of the actress that was a lead in FGT (not the blonde) and the lead in Weeds? Very sensuous woman?! Anyone? (I dig her dress who cares if it's a mess?)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:12 pm 

Cops in Torrence California shot and wounded two newspaper delivery people when they were spotted driving the same make and model truck that a former cop used to ambush another couple of on duty cops in Riverside an hour and 1/2 before.
Now,some 7-8 hours later,they have a similar case happening in Big Bear,CA.Someone with the same looking truck.This time they'll try and establish who owns the truck before they open fire on it! :roll:

Just think if they had used armed drones like the one spacebro' has on a link (last page).There wouldn't be any truck left and ID would take quite awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:03 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
What's the name of the actress that was a lead in FGT (not the blonde) and the lead in Weeds? Very sensuous woman?! Anyone? (I dig her dress who cares if it's a mess?)

Mary Louise Parker?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:47 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Mary Louise Parker?

That's her,thanx manx! I still watch her in re-runs of Weeds.Couldn't think of her name.Sweet thang!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:36 pm 

Mij wrote:
Since that second amendment is part of the Constitution and was created December 15, 1791, why not sell 1791 arms ? I'm sure that's what those stupid assholes who wrote that amendment first had in mind. Honestly, they couldn't foresee what kind of guns and killing toys would be common in 21st century. If they could, in their right mind, they would never even think about that shitty amendment. Unless they have no respect for human life, but a strong one for money. Hey, just like any stupid Republican NRA fan. The kind who would blame Obama for Bush administration and think that 4 years is enough to wipe it out, and restore USA back to its previous glory.
Anyway, just to stay in that idiot state of mind, it's only Americans killing Americans, right ? Why bother ?

I don't like guns myself, nor do I own one. But the 2nd Amendment is extremely important and was established for a reason. And to state that the Founding Fathers didn't have some comprehension of future technological advancements and/or improvements when instituting it, is purely ignorant. You should have the right to protect yourself. Without it, Government's got you by the balls. If you study history, that's how dictatorships generally developed. And there is NO compelling evidence showing that gun violence would drastically decrease if gun laws were stricter than they are now. Take Chicago, for instance. That city has THE strictest guns laws in the US...but they also have THE highest murder rate in the US (over 500 murders last year) by a MILE.

Also, despite Bush's definitely horrible failures, you simply have no idea how much the Obama Administration is economically & constitutionally fucking up the US right now. And they are in (and much of the world) for a major economic collapse in the next few years because of it...

It's sad to see you're STILL so extremely ill-informed regarding politics. Oh well...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:48 pm 

Oh no :shock: Disco Boy has typed, SPACEBROTHER is hovering :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:54 pm 

You'll be alright DC Boogie. I'll keep my ribbing of Honey Boo Boo contained to the Ron Paul and Obama threads. :wink:

Besides, he's already fighting a number of battles with various other people in this thread as it is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:58 am 

Mij wrote:

"Purchasing one requires submitting fingerprints and photographs to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, going through an FBI criminal background check, and paying a $200 tax, among other requirements. Only automatic weapons manufactured and registered with the federal government before 1986 can be bought, owned and sold."

This is where some uninformed people often make a mistake.
Most LEGAL gun owners would never commit a crime with an AUTOMATIC weapon , much less a semi-automatic weapon.

Many criminals would.

Get rid of the guns but not the criminals ??
Better hide those butcher knives too. :|

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:10 am 

pedro2 wrote:
Most LEGAL gun owners would never commit a crime with an AUTOMATIC weapon , much less a semi-automatic weapon.

Many criminals would.

You may or may not be surprised to find out that I am FOR legally purchased, documented, automatic weapons. But, that is an awfully bad argument.
Any argument that says that we shouldn't make things illegal because criminals will break the law is a mandate against all laws. Are you really against all laws?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:56 am 

Guns to protect against dictatorship ? What a crazy statement.
Better risk all these kids and innocent bystanders shooting than a dictatorship.
If it is such a brillant idea, why other countries don't follow ?
And how many dictatorship can you count in those countries ?

I think people in US are fed very young with paranoid ideas. That's not how a society should operate.
We should have a minimum faith in each others. Like you expect people to stop at red light when it's your turn to go.
You expect to be safe when in a public place, like a school, a shopping mall, a cinema, etc...

Suppose there is one really bad guy out of every 100. I prefer that guy to be unarmed.
And make it impossible or awfully complicated for him to get any kind of gun. In USA, they prefer to arm the 99 others.
But who is to say that a momentary lapse of reason is not to happen to any of those 100 guys ?
And don't compare a knife to an automatic gun. Do I really have to tell you why ?

Armed because of fear of dictatorship ? A lousy excuse. I don't expect Americans to agree of course.
Let the mass killings continue and NRA have its ways (dictatorship you said ?).
Anyway when Bush stole the election as some said, won't you agree it's like a form of dictatorship.
There was no armed riots. Hey, is it not the reason why you can get guns ?
Oh yeah, 50% of Americans would have battled against the other 50%.
Maybe the real fear is the other guy, much more than a dictatorship. Should we give it a thought ?

See ? Having guns will get you nowhere. See ? I guess not ! :P

(anyway, why bother brother ? It's only crazy Americans shooting innocent Americans and they like it that way. Only in America)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:12 am 

You're probably right Mij, but it doesn't matter. We have too many guns to effectively ban now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:15 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
You're probably right Mij, but it doesn't matter. We have too many guns to effectively ban now.

So, no doubt, you're doomed !
And in a sense, we too.

Too bad. I loved riding through USA some years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
I don't like guns myself, nor do I own one. But the 2nd Amendment is extremely important and was established for a reason. You should have the right to protect yourself. Without it, Government's got you by the balls.

[Chicago] has THE strictest guns laws in the US...but they also have THE highest murder rate in the US (over 500 murders last year) by a MILE.

It's sad you missed the part where Puerto Rico is part of the US, as most people do. In 2011, Puerto Rico broke its own record by logging 1,135 homicides — 30 killings per 100,000 residents.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/11/3 ... rylink=cpy

However, to claim that owning guns does anything to protect our freedom from the government is naive at best. You really think you have any hope fighting back against the government with their tanks, jets, and bombs? Talk about David and Goliath. If the government wanted to try and take your guns, or anything else, your guns would not stop them. I am NOT anti-gun ownership, but arguing that people can fight off the government with guns is just silly. Or perhaps you actually have faith in your government officials to NOT use their superior firepower, because it just wouldn't be fair?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 am 

pedro2 wrote:

Many criminals would.

You may or may not be surprised to find out that I am FOR legally purchased, documented, automatic weapons. But, that is an awfully bad argument.
Any argument that says that we shouldn't make things illegal because criminals will break the law is a mandate against all laws. Are you really against all laws?

That's quite a stretch. Why would you assume that I would be against ALL laws ??
I would like to see current laws enforced and the bad ones thrown out. BUT>>> should we make things illegal because a criminal would break the law while other people obey the law ? Who is really getting punished in that scenario ? The criminal or law abiding person ? I don't believe too many criminals worry about what is legal or illegal.

As far as AUTOMATIC weapons are concerned , I don't think the regular law abiding person would need one , but there is a big difference between an AUTOMATIC and a SEMI-AUTOMATIC weapon and too many people in the anti-gun crowd don't seem to understand that.

Mij wrote:
And don't compare a knife to an automatic gun. Do I really have to tell you why ?

If the intent of the weapon user is to do bodily harm to another , it really doesn't matter if it's a gun , a butter knife or two hands . Does it ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:56 am 

pedro2 wrote:
That's quite a stretch. Why would you assume that I would be against ALL laws ??

It is neither stretch nor assumption. It is following your own logic: If the law will be broken by criminals then the law shouldn't exist.
What law is immune to criminals breaking it? Thats what criminals do. They break laws, pretty much any law you care to name. That doesn't stop us from creating laws.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:41 am 

pedro2 wrote:
...As far as AUTOMATIC weapons are concerned , I don't think the regular law abiding person would need one , but there is a big difference between an AUTOMATIC and a SEMI-AUTOMATIC weapon and too many people in the anti-gun crowd don't seem to understand that...

Personally, I don't care if the regular person would need one. Imo, the average person simply needs to qualify for any given item. If someone wants to own something like an automatic weapon, they would need proper training, lots of it, but I see no reason that it should be absolutely unattainable for someone willing to jump through enough hoops.
Some people look at the above picture and think the guns should be illegal, some think that the cheese should be legal. Imo, both should be legal and alot of worse things as well, as long as they are properly licensed and documented.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 am 

pedro2 wrote:

It is neither stretch nor assumption.
It is following your own logic: If the law will be broken by criminals then the law shouldn't exist.

If anything I posted led you to reach that conclusion , I have to wonder about your reasoning powers.

Following your logic , I guess it would be safe to assume that you think if you have hands , you're destined to steal .

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 am 

So, since you find fault with my perspective, please tell me why one of the following is not like the other:

...It is following your own logic: If the law will be broken by criminals then the law shouldn't exist. ...

pedro2 wrote:
...should we make things illegal because a criminal would break the law while other people obey the law ?...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244 ... 370  Next