The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Paul is dead.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:02 am 

What happened to the real Jon Anderson?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:24 am 

I'm not sure of all the details, but he got sick 6 or 7 years ago, started not getting along with the band, wanted to take some time off, the band figured they'd get someone else and fired him. Yes, I'm thinking there's more details...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:07 pm 

I had some real nice Orch tickets to see Yes' Close to the Edge and back tour in 2008. Rick Wakemans son Oliver was to be the keyboardist(due to Ricks own health issues). Then they said Jon had an asthma attack that turned to respiratory failure and almost died. Chris didn't what to wait for Jon to get better, so they started looking for replacement singers. Jon was back to live touring in 2010, I think? Solo and w/Rick Wakeman.

bottom line: A front row Yes concert is not worth $150.00 if Jon isn't there. And Rick too. I was willing to give Oliver a chance, but never got to see him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:58 pm 

Oh, so he is not deceased and played by an exact twin.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 pm 

Debatable, cal. Rumor is he is going to make a sequel to Olias of Sunhillow. I'd like to think that a live, functioning Jon Anderson wouldn't do that, but passing time will reach as nature relays to set the scene.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:51 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Debatable, cal. Rumor is he is going to make a sequel to Olias of Sunhillow. I'd like to think that a live, functioning Jon Anderson wouldn't do that, but passing time will reach as nature relays to set the scene.

I'll be waiting a long time, waiting to hear the sound.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:51 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Examples?

sweat jesus call I was 15, what ever the people were saying at the time, its all there on the records...lets see I remember "Paul is dead", He died in the car wreck or soemthing to that effect, they even give the intersection where the accident was supposed to have occured or something like that...when I get some time I will Google it and see if it refreshs my memory... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:58 pm 

You're supposed to remember. Nah, seriously, I think it's something that people started talking about and Lennon wanted to take credit. Some of the "clues" are really stretching it. The license plate that has 29IF on Abbey Road (He would have been 29 IF he had lived), playing Number 9 backwards says "Turn me on dead man" and "Paul is Dead" at the end of Strawberry Field Forever (Lennon said in an interview that he said "Cranberry Sauce" and it sounds a lot more like that than Paul Is Dead.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:00 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
You're supposed to remember. Nah, seriously, I think it's something that people started talking about and Lennon wanted to take credit. Some of the "clues" are really stretching it. The license plate that has 29IF on Abbey Road (He would have been 29 IF he had lived), playing Number 9 backwards says "Turn me on dead man" and "Paul is Dead" at the end of Strawberry Field Forever (Lennon said in an interview that he said "Cranberry Sauce" and it sounds a lot more like that than Paul Is Dead.)

Apparently "Cranberry Sauce" is "Paul is dead" backwards... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:56 pm 

LOL... :lol: