Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 ... 349  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:14 pm 

Caputh you and yors are in my families thoughts and prayers...we all are sending good vibes out... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:24 pm 

I think I've gotten to a point where I can now play She's A Woman by Jeff Beck all the way through (sans voice box thingy)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:20 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
I think I've gotten to a point where I can now play She's A Woman by Jeff Beck all the way through (sans voice box thingy)

Funny you should mention it,I just listened to the whole album,Blow By Blow and loved it all! Even the box voice thingy that Framton borrowed from JB.Actually when I saw JB about the time that album came out he had a boda-bag/bagpipe looking thing under one arm.When he's singing he would depress the bag,which had a tube going to the mike.Odd looking contraption to say the least! Who goes to hear Jeff Beck sing anyway? I go for his guitar prowness,he don't need to sing a note for me to dig his show. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:39 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Funny you should mention it,I just listened to the whole album,Blow By Blow and loved it all! Even the box voice thingy that Framton borrowed from JB.Actually when I saw JB about the time that album came out he had a boda-bag/bagpipe looking thing under one arm.When he's singing he would depress the bag,which had a tube going to the mike.Odd looking contraption to say the least! Who goes to hear Jeff Beck sing anyway? I go for his guitar prowness,he don't need to sing a note for me to dig his show. :wink:

I don't know if he used a pick all the time back then, but on the Ronnie Scott concert he played most everything with his fingers, which is pretty impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:26 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

I don't know if he used a pick all the time back then, but on the Ronnie Scott concert he played most everything with his fingers, which is pretty impressive.

Same here when I saw him back in the 60-70's he played with no pick or very sparingly.I saw him last year and he does all that playing without much pickage.Anytime I've seen JB he does use a pick off and on for certain songs but where's he keep it ???? My guess is that when he's getting close to a part where he would need a pick,it's in his mouth.I've seen him quickly put his hands to his mouth and wa-la he keeps playing with pick in hand.I don't know if he drops it or puts it back in his mouth,but he was like a majician with it.Now you see it,now you don't! The man's a master of the guitar and picks too!.He played another BeaTles song,A Day In The Life and hand picked the words to the song and not the melody.Think:The Dangerous Kitchen.Very impressive technic,he made the song his. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:11 am 

Yeah, I think he only needs it for the really fast stuff, like Scatterbrain.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Yeah, I think he only needs it for the really fast stuff, like Scatterbrain.

That would be my conclusion also.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 am 

Fifteen years ago I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Since that time I've taken weekly shots of interferon (which is a good name for it: it interferes with your life. Each shot makes you sick for about 24 hours).

Today my neurologist told me the disease is likely in remission, and recommended I stop taking the interferon.

Don't mind if I do...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:06 am 

That sounds like good news MTF, I'm happy for you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:52 am 

That's great news MTF,I'm impressed,you must be one tough sob! Salud to you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:28 am 

It's great to hear the good news!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:42 am 

Good on you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:03 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Fifteen years ago I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Since that time I've taken weekly shots of interferon (which is a good name for it: it interferes with your life. Each shot makes you sick for about 24 hours).

Today my neurologist told me the disease is likely in remission, and recommended I stop taking the interferon.

Don't mind if I do...

this is fantastic news mtf, great to hear!

>You don't.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:09 am 

I am happy to hear some good news MTF!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm 

Great news MTF!

Just got back from Paris!

On the way there, in the bus, the tune "the road to Hell" played. Zappa's everywhere!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:37 pm 

BBP wrote:
Great news MTF!

Just got back from Paris!

On the way there, in the bus, the tune "the road to Hell" played. Zappa's everywhere!

On the bus?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:26 pm 

That is GREAT NEWS MTF! I know that's been a long struggle for you. Great news indeed. :)

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:51 am 

When I got that little SG toy years ago, there was Ace Of Spades by Motorhead on it. I didn't know the title (since it had no manual) but the song sounded familiar to me. It took me two years to find out, completely by accident, that I heard it on the Young Ones.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 am 

BBP wrote:
When I got that little SG toy years ago, there was Ace Of Spades by Motorhead on it. I didn't know the title (since it had no manual) but the song sounded familiar to me. It took me two years to find out, completely by accident, that I heard it on the Young Ones.

While they're going to catch a train for University Challenge. One of my favorite episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:19 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:

Don't mind if I do...
I'm real happy to hear that, MentalTF! Most don't reach that stage so I'm delighted to hear you did -- and the longer the remission persists the longer it's likely to remain!

--Bat :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:03 pm 

Where have you been anyway, luminous smile?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:10 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Oh, same place, grumbling, pissing my clothes, scratching my matted hair. Still putting off surgery because the diagnostic docs knew the odd thing I have ("Achalasia") but couldn't tell me shit about the surgery itself -- that was going to be told to me by the performing surgeon the day I got on the factory belt and got sliced, possibly mildly invasive, possibly flat out invasive! But hey, they don't fuck around! They do their biz and ship you to recovery.
Ha! The day I had the esophageal endoscopy I was under general anesthesia and though "nothing happened" the nurse asked if I wanted some crushed ice in my juice and, being a little disinhibited I said, "I don't care if you piss in it as long as it's wet!" (She faked being shocked: "Oh, that's not very nice!" But she's definitely heard some crazy shit come out of people who just pop to consciousness not even feeling they were out!)

Well, sooner or later I've got to get "incised"! LOL! But at least I got to see some of my innards during the barium fluroscopy, something that's kinda cool to me!

--Bat 8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:34 pm 

Batchain1001 wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Oh, same place, grumbling, pissing my clothes, scratching my matted hair. Still putting off surgery because the diagnostic docs knew the odd thing I have ("Achalasia") but couldn't tell me shit about the surgery itself -- that was going to be told to me by the performing surgeon the day I got on the factory belt and got sliced, possibly mildly invasive, possibly flat out invasive! But hey, they don't fuck around! They do their biz and ship you to recovery.
Ha! The day I had the esophageal endoscopy I was under general anesthesia and though "nothing happened" the nurse asked if I wanted some crushed ice in my juice and, being a little disinhibited I said, "I don't care if you piss in it as long as it's wet!" (She faked being shocked: "Oh, that's not very nice!" But she's definitely heard some crazy shit come out of people who just pop to consciousness not even feeling they were out!)

Well, sooner or later I've got to get "incised"! LOL! But at least I got to see some of my innards during the barium fluroscopy, something that's kinda cool to me!

--Bat 8)

Hey bro' 'tis good to see you posting again! 8) But,like I told you before,just get that shit over with and move on.You don't wanna fuck around and have it flowing through ya 'till it gets ahead of where you and the docs can't stop it do ya now laddy? That would be bad Ju-Ju Bat! Take care and watch yer ass (like you want you to) with the docs.But get 'er done" man.We/I love ya man! :lol: {-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:10 am 

Better late than never, but WONDERFUL news MTF! Won't it feel nice to feel nice? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:44 am 

True Bat, people do weird stuff when they get out of narcosis. They made me sign a form at the hospital to put up the bars at the sides of my bed because of that, and it's considered a breach of privacy to do this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 ... 349  Next