Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:20 am 

Re: WHY?!!!
Added: January 27th, 2013 in Questions

On Jan 25, 2013, at 2:03 PM, Joseph D’Alessandris wrote:

Why do you and your kids continue to perform and market new versions of Frank’s homophobic songs like “Bobby Brown” and “Punky’s Whips”? Frank had some gay fans, and these songs are very hurtful! Please consider putting them away. This is 2013 Gail!

Sincerely,
Joseph D’Alessandris

Gail Z:
The Zappa Family is not a pop hit cover band. You must be thinking of some other group. And there are no “homophobic songs” anywhere in FZ’s catalog.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:47 am 

Honestly, if this wasn't such an argumentative forum (a good thing for the most part, imo), I would expect to see this kind of crap more often. I do notice that GZ doesn't elaborate and for that I am glad. Homosexuals, as with many sociological groups, have a group-think that inhibits freedom of thought outside of that group-think. I was talking to a homosexual guy the other day and he was telling me how he was ostracized by a group of gay friends because his concept of what it meant to be gay wasn't the same as theirs. Part of the group-think for homosexuals is that if you say anything that could be construed as negative, then you are being homophobic. Unfortunately, most things will be seen as negatigve by someone. Its ridiculous, but it happens all the time on difficult topics.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:53 am 

Homophobic?

In English - as in most languages - standard operating procedure requires that you learn the definition of a word before you use it in a sentence. When done correctly, this procedure helps you avoid situations where people wonder if you're a) kidding; b) insane; or c) just plain illiterate.

If you have any more problems with words, please consult a dictionary...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 am 

Whatta fag!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:06 pm 

Personally, I prefer Frank's 'Hippiephobic' songs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Homophobic?

That's a usual term (even in my language) for describing hostility against gay people. As u said, consult a dictionary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia. Another similar constructed term would be xenophobia. Both simply state fear as underlying reason for this or that kind of hostility against this or that particular minority. Joseph D’Alessandris forgot I'm so gay.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:53 pm 

Wait a minute...Bobby Brown was a huge hit in Gay Discos in the 70's and 80's...what the hell don't these people know their own history... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 pm 

My ex wifes yoga instructor/nail technician was zenophobic, he had a thing about buddists.

"Am I a fan, or a so-called fan?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 am 

:mrgreen: Don't worry about the faggot :mrgreen:
Bald-headed John'll take care of the faggot!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 pm 

Plook wrote:
Wait a minute...Bobby Brown was a huge hit in Gay Discos in the 70's and 80's...

Would you care to elaborate on how did you come to be aware of that fact? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:27 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Plook wrote:
Wait a minute...Bobby Brown was a huge hit in Gay Discos in the 70's and 80's...

Would you care to elaborate on how did you come to be aware of that fact? :mrgreen:

We lived in LA for 35 years, we had many Gay friends... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:32 pm 

Plook wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Plook wrote:

We lived in LA for 35 years, we had many Gay friends... :smoke:

So, you're saying that LA is extra gay?

I think the homophobes should be up in arms about the way they are being stigmatized by the gays. It's their right to be afraid of whatever they choose. It's discrimination coming from a group that should know better.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:32 am 

I read somewhere, maybe Rollingstone, that Mickey Mouse's dog was gay.....on no wait that was Plato.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:04 am 

Plook wrote:
Plook wrote:
We lived in LA for 35 years, we had many Gay friends.

Must be that West Hollywood hair you got Plook and being TMIMITW does make you popular with everyone.We know,you can't help it.(not that there's anything wrong with that) How is Brrrrrruce,Antwon and Roger? Y'all still plookin' around together? :mrgreen:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
I read somewhere, maybe Rollingstone, that Mickey Mouse's dog was gay.....on no wait that was Plato.

Don't you mean Pluto instead of Plato.Although those Greeks swung both ways back in the day...BC days that is. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Plook wrote:
We lived in LA for 35 years, we had many Gay friends.

Must be that West Hollywood hair you got Plook and being TMIMITW does make you popular with everyone.We know,you can't help it.(not that there's anything wrong with that) How is Brrrrrruce,Antwon and Roger? Y'all still plookin' around together? :mrgreen:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

Don't you mean Pluto instead of Plato.Although those Greeks swung both ways back in the day...BC days that is. :twisted:

Plato (his tounge placed firmly in someones cheek) once said girls are ok, but theres nothing like the real thing.......
Who am I to judge...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:32 pm 

It's well known that Dana Plato though Pluto was gay.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:55 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Must be that West Hollywood hair you got Plook and being TMIMITW does make you popular with everyone.We know,you can't help it.(not that there's anything wrong with that) How is Brrrrrruce,Antwon and Roger? Y'all still plookin' around together?

Mrs. Plook and I have always been tolerant, as long as you weren't doing bad shit our door was open...from when we first moved in together in '79 until our seperation in '91 our pad was the place everyone congrigated and we always had an open door policy and we always had a very diverse mixture of friends...

When we regrouped and moved to Nor Cal it didn't take long until the same thing happened here and when our kids became teenagers we were the "cool" parents and the kids in all varieties hung out and felt comfortable. Many of the girls lived out our house for several years due to a variety of problems at home...

If your on our bad side it has nothing to do with your sex, religion, race, or orientation...something is wrong with you... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:25 pm 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Must be that West Hollywood hair you got Plook and being TMIMITW does make you popular with everyone.We know,you can't help it.(not that there's anything wrong with that) How is Brrrrrruce,Antwon and Roger? Y'all still plookin' around together?

Mrs. Plook and I have always been tolerant, as long as you weren't doing bad shit our door was open...from when we first moved in together in '79 until our seperation in '91 our pad was the place everyone congrigated and we always had an open door policy and we always had a very diverse mixture of friends...

When we regrouped and moved to Nor Cal it didn't take long until the same thing happened here and when our kids became teenagers we were the "cool" parents and the kids in all varieties hung out and felt comfortable. Many of the girls lived out our house for several years due to a variety of problems at home...

If your on our bad side it has nothing to do with your sex, religion, race, or orientation...something is wrong with you...

Your preaching to the choir.I felt right at home at your place as I'm sure y'all make everyone feel,regardless of race,creed,colour or sexual orientation.I'm the same way.That's probably why we get along so well,KUIII also.We see the pointlessness of intolerence.Besides we have more fun than hatefull folks! There's some karma in there too and we both try and pass it forward where it's needed more,if we don't need it first.
Knowing true empathy,being able to forgive,forget and move on becomes our way of life and hopefully spreads to those around us.Love is hip,no matter where it's coming from,when you need it.
I was only razzing you with my last post.I hope you weren't too offended....wrong word...suprised by it. :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:16 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

If your on our bad side it has nothing to do with your sex, religion, race, or orientation...something is wrong with you...

Your preaching to the choir.I felt right at home at your place as I'm sure y'all make everyone feel,regardless of race,creed,colour or sexual orientation.I'm the same way.That's probably why we get along so well,KUIII also.We see the pointlessness of intolerence.Besides we have more fun than hatefull folks! There's some karma in there too and we both try and pass it forward where it's needed more,if we don't need it first.
Knowing true empathy,being able to forgive,forget and move on becomes our way of life and hopefully spreads to those around us.Love is hip,no matter where it's coming from,when you need it.
I was only razzing you with my last post.I hope you weren't too offended....wrong word...suprised by it. :P

No worries...but I think KU may have a uniformm in the closet somewhere...lol... :lol:

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:26 pm 

Plook wrote:
No worries...but I think KU may have a uniformm in the closet somewhere...lol... :lol:

Hey, we're all wearing uniforms, don't kid yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:05 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:

LOL, so true...hell even if your naked they call it a birthday suit... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 pm 

Plook wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:

LOL, so true...hell even if your naked they call it a birthday suit... :smoke:

Stop that smoking, you'll hurt your throat. :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:12 am 

Don't believe the hype... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 am 

Plook wrote:
Don't believe the hype...

Then put down the pipe.Betcha' can't smoke just one...How many years now? We might be waiting for new's about you,one day at a time! :idea: Just stop.It'll feel good.....before you know it. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:12 pm 

"more cliches"