Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 370  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1775
Part of what I meant by "reduced" has to do with the status of the horse as a noble animal in the USA. A lot of people would see it as worse than eating a dog or cat...after all, horses aren't exactly bred for meat, they are mostly expensive play pets.

Which makes me wonder exactly where the horse meat comes from.

Not that I really want to know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5907
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
BBP wrote:
Horse meat is a lot better for you: it contains much less fat than most meats and it tastes a lot better than any low-fat pork or beef. Horse is great! Eat horse!
Irony!! Secretly adding something to take away food that actually makes it healthier. Believe me, knowingly making take away more healthy would cause more of a furore than the fact of eating horse meat. "What?! If I wanted to eat healthy food, do you think I'd be eating this shit?!"

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18875
Location: Somewhere in time
BBP wrote:
Horse meat is a lot better for you: it contains much less fat than most meats and it tastes a lot better than any low-fat pork or beef. Horse is great! Eat horse!



Oooh Wilbur... :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9570
bbp wrote:
...The prices of horses have dwindled...
the price of horse has just gone up
and yer old lady has just gone down

besides, they only butchered glue factory rejects & the one that were too dinky to strap a big saddle or blanket on anyway ... at least they didn't use 'roo meat

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 377
Chicken Tartare is better.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
BBP wrote:
Horse meat is a lot better for you: it contains much less fat than most meats and it tastes a lot better than any low-fat pork or beef. Horse is great! Eat horse!

I agree.It's tender,makes better steaks and is healthier for you.People treat them like Brahma bulls in India here. :roll:

A horse is a course of horse,of course,
Unless you use that horse as a dessert of course.
And if your course of horse could bite you back,
Why that's the famous and long dead Mr.Ed!

He's great on old fashioned Wonder Bread.
As a steak or a stew,he's good for you,
Never chewy and always tasty too!
Nay you say? Then you'll have to eat the 'roo!* {-


*Thanx to slime.o.,for the 'roo idea. 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2807
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Oh Wiiiiilllllbuuuurrrrr..

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 737
Location: Atlanta
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BBP wrote:
Horse meat is a lot better for you: it contains much less fat than most meats and it tastes a lot better than any low-fat pork or beef. Horse is great! Eat horse!

I agree.It's tender,makes better steaks and is healthier for you.People treat them like Brahma bulls in India here. :roll:


Put it on your steaks, uh, send it overseas, and put it on you surfboard so you won't slip off. Try it on your and on the, the red balloons, you can blow up all balloons with it. Put it on your . . . heh . . . on . . . on your pizzas. Put it on your shoes, tie your bike with it, and fill up your tires with it.

Use it to clean your swimming pool, sell it to your mother and tell her it's a Rit tie-dye kit, you won't even believe what'll happen when you starch your shirt with it, ironing goes easier and your car windows never looked better in your whole life. Ladies and gentlemen, you can inhale it, and it makes your voice three keys higher, and you can't even stand what happens when you put it on your hair, as hair tonic. Heh, heh. And if you ever tried it as a . . .

Soak your shirts in it, soak your teeth in it. Let it play the piano. Follow it around the block. Wear it instead of jeans. Bathe your puppies with it. Feed it to your ducks. Use it instead of chlorine in your swimming pool. Breathe it. Love it.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5224
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
"Oh, that's really great! Botulism on the hoof" H. Kaylan

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Cow's are funny.You never saw a Gahan (?) Wilson,Far Side comix horse make you laugh as much as those cows of his.
Those cows made you horse laugh.< see what I did there? que horse laugh tack

Like the ones hanging out behind the barn out in nowhereville,when one cow yells "CAR" and all those big cow eyes are almost busting outta they're sockets.Now that's funny! Now when I'm out on a ride and come around a corner and see cows.I always think they were just smoking and are acting normal for my benifit,until I pass.Sneaky cows! Horses not so much funny stuff.Stately and great to ride,good eats too.But not so funny in comix.Quickstraw McGraw's an exception,but he needed Bobaluee as a side kick and walked on two feet. :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3509
Location: Vancouver, BC
Jennifer wrote:
Debbie, blahblahblah...
There are facts on one side and there are facts on the other side.
One choose to believe the side he wants. I don't believe in yours.
Aren't you sorry ? :cry: boo-hoo-hoo :cry:

Hahaha... remember those "facts" about weapons of mass destruction in Irak ?
"Now, I'm a believer" :shock:

One fact is that the economic really began to collapse under Bush.
Normal when you spend that much daily on phony wars.
And you let your friends do what they want (no regulations).
It always take much more time to rebuild than to destroy.
And you have less means and less money to do the rebuilding.
And you get more blame cause some peoples are expecting miracles
(specially those who are against you).

Well, I don't think I can say anymore. Just to say that a severe gun restricting law is a solution. Doing nothing is not.
Stay on your side, I'll stay on mine. :smoke:


What "FACTS" have you presented to support your case?

Of course things started to get worse under Bush Jnr. But Bush spent NOWHERE near the amount on wars than Obama has spent on them. And it's a similar situation with the debt and with the US' Constitutional rights. FACT.

Once again, overwhelming evidence clearly shows that stricter gun laws don't solve the problem.

I don't know why you can't get these things through your head?

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Everyday is April Fools Day in Honey Boo Boo's life and his so-called facts, which in fact, are completely unfactual. When he loses a debate, he just rinses and repeats.


POT. KETTLE. BLACK. :roll:

Caputh wrote:
Has anybody apart from me noticed that Disco Boy has posted this "information" in only minimally varying forms 8 times since September 2012?
I can't wait for the ninth time...


This coming from someone who ACTUALLY thinks/believes/feels (tweedle-dumb):

~ ANYONE who wears a hoodie is a racist (when they're not)
~ I'm Isaac (when I'm not)
~ there's a significant difference between the Democrats & the Republicans (when there isn't)
~ there's no difference between Ron Paul's personal beliefs and his political platform (when there is)
~ Ron Paul is a racist (despite the OVERWHELMING evidence showing he isn't)
~ Ron Paul is a Republican (despite technically being a Libertarian)
~ the Ron Paul Revolution was a hoax (when it wasn't)
~ most of Ron Paul's supporters endorsed/joined the Romney/Ryan ticket because they hate black people (when most, if not all of them, didn't and don't)
~ Obama is some kind of saint...despite the FACT he's:
* flip-flopped and downright LIED about almost EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN '08 campaign promise
* owned and operated by the Military Industrial Complex (just like Romney)
* destroyed almost all of the 4th Amendment and part of the 1st Amendment
* has added $6 trillion to the debt - which is more than ANY other US President in history...and in only 3 1/2 years - which brings the total to $16 trillion
* doesn't know JACK SHIT ALL about economics or fiscal responsibility to save his life and hence is driving the US (and much of the world) into a double-dip recession that will make the current Housing Bubble Crisis look like a CAKE WALK
* wants stricter gun control laws, but is partially responsible for the killings of TENS OF THOUSANDS of innocent civilians through collateral damage throughout the Middle East and Afghanistan
~ figures by posting, re-posting and then re-posting again his nonsensical crap & BS claims about Ron Paul, that it provides leverage for his points (despite their baselessness)
~ Ayn Rand is a racist (despite NO compelling evidence showing this is true)

Yeah, I know. But don't laugh, folks...this fucker is serious...

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Thats nothing compared to the sequestration the GOP controlled congress is about to force on us. Expect an instant loss of over 1 million jobs, with many more to follow, which will be entirely the fault of Republicans...again... http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... nt-page-4/


This isn't only their fault, moron.

Keep denying reality, tweedle-dumb... :roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5224
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
You never saw a Gahan (?) Wilson,Far Side comix



Gary Larson

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2493
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
Milton Bradley wrote:
Gary Larson

Let's hear it for another great Italian!

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Milton Bradley wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
You never saw a Gahan (?) Wilson,Far Side comix



Gary Larson

Thanx Milt,always mix those two. 8) Which one did G.Wilson do? Y'all know?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4703
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Quote:
This coming from someone who ACTUALLY thinks/believes/feels (tweedle-dumb):

~ ANYONE who wears a hoodie is a racist (when they're not)
~ I'm Isaac (when I'm not)
~ there's a significant difference between the Democrats & the Republicans (when there isn't)
~ there's no difference between Ron Paul's personal beliefs and his political platform (when there is)
~ Ron Paul is a racist (despite the OVERWHELMING evidence showing he isn't)
~ Ron Paul is a Republican (despite technically being a Libertarian)
~ the Ron Paul Revolution was a hoax (when it wasn't)
~ most of Ron Paul's supporters endorsed/joined the Romney/Ryan ticket because they hate black people (when most, if not all of them, didn't and don't)
~ Obama is some kind of saint...despite the FACT he's:
* flip-flopped and downright LIED about almost EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN '08 campaign promise
* owned and operated by the Military Industrial Complex (just like Romney)



Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9...
El Dorado!

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3462
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
You never saw a Gahan (?) Wilson,Far Side comix



Gary Larson

Thanx Milt,always mix those two. 8) Which one did G.Wilson do? Y'all know?

He did many cartoons for Playboy, and he also did the cover art on the band, DREAMS lp; Imagine my surprise.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 737
Location: Atlanta
Caputh wrote:

Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9...
El Dorado!


Um Ta!

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18526
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:
Gary Larson

Thanx Milt,always mix those two. 8) Which one did G.Wilson do? Y'all know?

He did many cartoons for Playboy, and he also did the cover art on the band, DREAMS lp; Imagine my surprise.

I always loved his National Lampoon stuff.

Image

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 3408
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
duchamp wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9...
El Dorado!


Um Ta!

Take this Brother, may it serves you well ! :smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9260
Location: EINDHOVEN
A boat with 32 Birmese refugees that were saved from the Indian Ocean by Sri Lanka, had been adrift without food for three weeks. During their trip, 98 corpses from people who died of starvation or disease had to be thrown overboard: according to a Sri-Lankan monk who translated, some had to eat the flesh of people to survive.

(is being sick quietly in a corner.)

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1775
They eat horses, don't they?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Thanx BS and jpd. 8)


Rope,leg of Han anyone?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5661
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
...and rinse and repeat...and rinse and repeat...and lose a debate...and rinse and repeat...
Honey Boo Boo wrote:
This coming from someone who ACTUALLY thinks/believes/feels (tweedle-dumb):

~ ANYONE who wears a hoodie is a racist (when they're not)
~ I'm Isaac (when I'm not)
~ there's a significant difference between the Democrats & the Republicans (when there isn't)
~ there's no difference between Ron Paul's personal beliefs and his political platform (when there is)
~ Ron Paul is a racist (despite the OVERWHELMING evidence showing he isn't)
~ Ron Paul is a Republican (despite technically being a Libertarian)
~ the Ron Paul Revolution was a hoax (when it wasn't)
~ most of Ron Paul's supporters endorsed/joined the Romney/Ryan ticket because they hate black people (when most, if not all of them, didn't and don't)
~ Obama is some kind of saint...despite the FACT he's:
* flip-flopped and downright LIED about almost EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN '08 campaign promise
* owned and operated by the Military Industrial Complex (just like Romney)

Mij wrote:
duchamp wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9...
El Dorado!


Um Ta!

Take this Brother, may it serves you well ! :smoke:


Hold that line, hold that line, hold that line
Block that kick, block that kick, block that kick


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5224
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
A little nostalgia for the old folks.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14768
Great stuff, and he probably stopped when he should have.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 370  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group