Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306 ... 343  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4726
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Went to the "Altes Museum" in Berlin.
Looked at Greek, Etruscan and Roman busts for 2 and a half hours.
Preferred the Roman busts.
My wife preferred the Greek.
My eldest son (13) would have preferred to have stayed at home playing "Force Unleashed" on the computer but liked the coins.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:45 pm
Posts: 3
have today off.

I ate at a greasy spoon down the street, and now I'm smoking. It's awesome. I love not working.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Caputh wrote:
Went to the "Altes Museum" in Berlin.
Looked at Greek, Etruscan and Roman busts for 2 and a half hours.
Preferred the Roman busts.
My wife preferred the Greek.
My eldest son (13) would have preferred to have stayed at home playing "Force Unleashed" on the computer but liked the coins.

At least there's a glimmer of hope with the coins.Gotta stay positive....even with new "teens".Good luck with that new job! :wink:

Got my roomate almost out and have alot of people asking about the room for rent. 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18626
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
This afternoon, while Sabbs and I were driving along the expressway, at a sedate 100 kph, we were PASSED by a hearse! And by "passed" I mean it zoomed by and left us in the ash....er, dust! For a moment I thought we were in the latest "Phantasm" movie.
I waited for the rest of the procession to pass us, but I guess they couldn't keep up with it, either.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
This afternoon, while Sabbs and I were driving along the expressway, at a sedate 100 kph, we were PASSED by a hearse! And by "passed" I mean it zoomed by and left us in the ash....er, dust! For a moment I thought we were in the latest "Phantasm" movie.
I waited for the rest of the procession to pass us, but I guess they couldn't keep up with it, either.

Must of been hauling ass with the devil on his tail. Your lucky Steven King didn't make an appearance,mwahah.Now that would'a scared the bejesus outta anyone! :shock:
Did Sabbs think you were driving to fast also? :twisted:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18626
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
This afternoon, while Sabbs and I were driving along the expressway, at a sedate 100 kph, we were PASSED by a hearse! And by "passed" I mean it zoomed by and left us in the ash....er, dust! For a moment I thought we were in the latest "Phantasm" movie.
I waited for the rest of the procession to pass us, but I guess they couldn't keep up with it, either.
Did Sabbs think you were driving too fast also? :twisted:

I'd say not fast enough!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
This afternoon, while Sabbs and I were driving along the expressway, at a sedate 100 kph, we were PASSED by a hearse! And by "passed" I mean it zoomed by and left us in the ash....er, dust! For a moment I thought we were in the latest "Phantasm" movie.
I waited for the rest of the procession to pass us, but I guess they couldn't keep up with it, either.
Did Sabbs think you were driving too fast also? :twisted:

I'd say not fast enough!

But what would she say? :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: Ohio
I tried Taco Bell's Cantina Bowl today. Chipotle has no need to worry.

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18626
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
But what would she say? :lol:

She wouldn't say anything. Generally, she just sits there..white faced, with fists clenched.
(Actually when she's in the car she complains about pedestrians. Then, when she gets out, she complains about car drivers.)

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
But what would she say? :lol:

She wouldn't say anything. Generally, she just sits there..white faced, with fists clenched.
(Actually when she's in the car she complains about pedestrians. Then, when she gets out, she complains about car drivers.)

Typical,predictable woman behavoir,I've seen it alot.Take 'em on a "scenic drive" and all they see is the road,hoping for that one time they can say "Watch Out" and save the day.It's usually something we're well aware of and the "Watch Out" almost causes an accident,because your looking around now to see what the dang problem is! "Where,what?" Then you get,"Oh I thought that person,cat,dog,tree,didn't see you and was gonna hit you,I love you,don't you love me?" They try to take your mind off the're mistake.Ha! Busted!

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18626
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
But what would she say? :lol:

She wouldn't say anything. Generally, she just sits there..white faced, with fists clenched.
(Actually when she's in the car she complains about pedestrians. Then, when she gets out, she complains about car drivers.)

Typical,predictable woman behavoir,I've seen it alot.Take 'em on a "scenic drive" and all they see is the road,hoping for that one time they can say "Watch Out" and save the day.It's usually something we're well aware of and the "Watch Out" almost causes an accident,because your looking around now to see what the dang problem is! "Where,what?" Then you get,"Oh I thought that person,cat,dog,tree,didn't see you and was gonna hit you,I love you,don't you love me?" They try to take your mind off the're mistake.Ha! Busted!

Oh, Sabbs is a good passenger. But then, I'm a good driver...when I have passengers. (I save the stunt driving for when I'm alone. 8) )

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
Oh, Sabbs is a good passenger. But then, I'm a good driver...when I have passengers. (I save the stunt driving for when I'm alone. 8) )

I tend to drive like MS. Daisey's in the back,with people aboard too.Both bad accidents I've had I wish someone was with me to keep me awake.I seem to gravitate towards the only cliffs around for miles,then go over them speedin' along at 10-20mph. :roll:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 7911
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Worked a 12 hour day, for 6 hours pay..., what can I say, I's got the job at the end of the day..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
One roomate out and lookin' for another.Hoping for a grad student and have this month to pick someone.I'm gonna try Craigs List for the first time and see what happends.I've had lots of inquiries,but no good fit,from the paper adds.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 7911
Location: Wellington New Zealand
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
One roomate out and lookin' for another.Hoping for a grad student and have this month to pick someone.I'm gonna try Craigs List for the first time and see what happends.I've had lots of inquiries,but no good fit,from the paper adds.


Serial killers need not apply


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5261
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
A deer committed suicide under the wheels of my legally drivin car. No damage to the machine or evidence other than a chunk of fur embedded in the rim.

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13637
Location: Billy, the mountain...
Suicide or killed by the road? Sorry to hear, rip Mrs deer...

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14814
I heard that she drove him to it.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
He must have missed his sign,deer crossing next 8 miles.Illiterate deer are a problem.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19335
Location: Somewhere in time
Did you throw him on the hood and bring him home?... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 7911
Location: Wellington New Zealand
A little road kill cuisine?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Got an audition tomorrow for an Indie film by Little Thunder Films.It's about the Native American Miwok tribes of California.Talk about serendipity,I was an extra 35+ years ago in a film called Ishi about the last "wild" indian in California.Ishi was a Tuolumne Miwok of course.I was a bad guy.....of course.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18626
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Got an audition tomorrow for an Indie film by Little Thunder Films.It's about the Native American Miwok tribes of California.Talk about serendipity,I was an extra 35+ years ago in a film called Ishi about the last "wild" indian in California.Ishi was a Tuolumne Miwok of course.I was a bad guy.....of course.

Don't wear your Rolex.

This morning, Sabby and I went to Shady Grove farm, for the "running of the sap". Wagon ride touring the maple bush, to see the collection of the sap. Then, over to the pump room, where the sap is put into containers. Then, to the Sugar Shack, to see the sap boiled down into maple syrup. Sweet!
After that, on to a newly opened restaurant ("Beertown") for lunch. 8)

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13637
Location: Billy, the mountain...
just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Got an audition tomorrow for an Indie film by Little Thunder Films.It's about the Native American Miwok tribes of California.Talk about serendipity,I was an extra 35+ years ago in a film called Ishi about the last "wild" indian in California.Ishi was a Tuolumne Miwok of course.I was a bad guy.....of course.

Don't wear your Rolex.


Hi, I'm Kapt.Kiirk, and I am the indian of the forum. Good luck (or is it brake a leg?)!

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
This morning, Sabby and I went to Shady Grove farm, for the "running of the sap". Wagon ride touring the maple bush, to see the collection of the sap. Then, over to the pump room, where the sap is put into containers. Then, to the Sugar Shack, to see the sap boiled down into maple syrup. Sweet!

Making maple syrup for the pancakes of your land?

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18626
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
This morning, Sabby and I went to Shady Grove farm, for the "running of the sap". Wagon ride touring the maple bush, to see the collection of the sap. Then, over to the pump room, where the sap is put into containers. Then, to the Sugar Shack, to see the sap boiled down into maple syrup. Sweet!

Making maple syrup for the pancakes of your land?

You betcha! Pancakes, sausages, fudge, hard candy...have you mapled, today?

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306 ... 343  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group