Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8635 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307 ... 346  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:43 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
This morning, Sabby and I went to Shady Grove farm, for the "running of the sap". Wagon ride touring the maple bush, to see the collection of the sap. Then, over to the pump room, where the sap is put into containers. Then, to the Sugar Shack, to see the sap boiled down into maple syrup. Sweet!

Making maple syrup for the pancakes of your land?

You betcha! Pancakes, sausages, fudge, hard candy...have you mapled, today?

Not in a long time or as often as I'd like:
http://www.aupetitpoucet.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:27 am 

Spent 5 hours untangling a Gordian knot in my yarn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:17 pm 

Watched it snow a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:53 pm 

I got a call back to read for a good part! "Old Jack"! Now I'll be the honorary Indian of the Forum as MR.G_G_ suggested for real. :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:50 pm 

I was a victim of the 'I forgot to change my clock' syndrome. I usually get my time via cable tv, and that change is on auto. Same with the computer. I was on time! Everyone else was one hour+ late. NO BASS PLAYER FOR YOU! I can only wait in my car for so long.
Then I drove a few miles to another friends house and drank beer and watched the Laker game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I got a call back to read for a good part! "Old Jack"! Now I'll be the honorary Indian of the Forum as MR.G_G_ suggested for real. :D

Good news, congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:21 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Watched it snow a lot.

My son has got so bored of snow he now refers to it as "white shit".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 am 

Went to the dentist, cleared snow, fed birds.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:10 pm 

Went to a very fancy dinner party a few days ago. After dinner the host asked each guest to pick a song using the Sonos or Rhapsody controller to play for the whole group. I picked Bobby Brown, with predictably disastrous/hilarious results and major evil eye from wife!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:17 pm 

Rahdley wrote:
Went to a very fancy dinner party a few days ago. After dinner the host asked each guest to pick a song using the Sonos or Rhapsody controller to play for the whole group. I picked Bobby Brown, with predictably disastrous/hilarious results and major evil eye from wife!

Right on! Another blow struck for Frankie! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:27 pm 

Had to reset back to Windows factory settings. :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:58 pm 

Talked with my father for nine continuous hours. I admit, I felt more than a bit winded by the time we were exchanging good nights.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 am 

The external keyboard/cover for iPad fucked up and was giving me two letters for one keystroke. futhermuckin' tnuc! It took so much correction I almost lost my post being down to a "1%" battery power with all the "cleanup" time it took.

--Bat :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:01 pm 

I got the part! I'll also be helping with production and whatever else they can use me on.It's a small company and we're going to put out a 5-10 min."short" to enter in all the festivals starting with the Davis Film Festival next month.Then we should have enough $$'s to make the full Documentary of the short! So I'm in on the ground floor with a really talented small group of media/acting/producing and writing local folks.Most of the production staff are going to UCD or have just graduated.The head writer has her masters from UCD too.The younger one's all have thier collective eye's on Hollywood and the big prize and big $$'s.But all of us want an honest quality production,the best we can make.No corporate sponsers,no one to answer to.We make it our way!
So there's about 20 of us and I'm proud to be a working member of the Little Thunder Films,(no inc.yet, that's next) located at 213 E St. Davis,CA.I'm pretty jazzed about it.It looks like a great script,great folks,great location and now with a great actor........little ol' me! Ha!

Hey Bat,I see your hooked-up/connected to Robert "Bobby" Martin on LinkedIn.Pretty cool man.Ask him how much he charges to score a "short" or I'll ask him on the 29th of next month when I see him.If JCB were still around I'd approach him first,as this deals with the Miwoks of California.There's alot of part Native American Indians in this company.I might just be the only one that doesn't have any Indian blood in him.Our youngest is 19-20 and the oldest is 93,the latter having more energy than any 2 of us youngsters! Ha!

Next-up,on this Thursday night I'm filming an hour show for my Egyptian Revolution series on DCTV.Then I have a good paying gig capturing a band (Enfusion) at Laughs Unlimited in Old Sacramento on the 30th.Should be fun too!

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone! Be safe! Hey Plook,did you see the green river in the windy city yet?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:07 am 

Ha! That is very good news, congrats, I will have my fingers crossed for the whole project...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:47 am 

Tried via phone to add one little forgotten 5,- € item to an IKEA online order from yesterday. Impossible! You would have to place an extra order with 9,- € shipment costs for a 5,- € item. Although there is a 500,- € order with 79,- € shipment costs from you just being processed.

BTW, trying to solve some IKEA problem via phone: refined method of customer punishment.

Th.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:07 am 

Great news Kirk! You're the star!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 am 

Thanks MR.G_G_ & BBP,I think the cast and crew celebrated our coming together and ST.Patrics Day a little to much! I can still feel the one Guinness I had.Stuffs got a kick & legs!.And to think I used to drink it like water back in my 20's.No such thing anymore! I'm still pretty jazzed and excited too though! Yeee-Hi! This is cool! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:06 am 

Oooh, it'll be like Richard Burton, Oliver Reed, Peter O'Toole and Richard Harris all over again (with a little bit of Lee Marvin thrown in.)
Seriously, good news Kiirk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:11 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Oooh, it'll be like Richard Burton, Oliver Reed, Peter O'Toole and Richard Harris all over again (with a little bit of Lee Marvin thrown in.)

Thanks Caputh,BBP and TND below,though it's free work for now,I know I'm with a cast and crew that can see ahead and follow through.Story matters too! Which is cool.I wish I was in the above mentioned price bracket though! I would love to play Lee Marvins part in Paint Your Wagon or Cat Ballou,but I'm a Californian and you have all British actors up there,except LM.I'm thinkin' more Jack Nickelson,Jack Elam,LM,Brando,Carl Malden,Jack Lemmon types.Charactor actors have always been my favorites.They work more too. :wink:

Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:39 am 

Congrat's KK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:40 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Thanks Caputh,though it's free work for now,I know I'm with a cast and crew that can see ahead and follow through.Story matters too! Which is cool.I wish I was in the above mentioned price bracket though! I would love to play Lee Marvins part in Paint Your Wagon or Cat Ballou,but I'm a Californian and you have all British actors up there,except LM.I'm thinkin' more Jack Nickelson,Jack Elam,LM,Brando,Carl Malden,Jack Lemmon types.Charactor actors have always been my favorites.They work more too. :wink:

Ah, but they don't drink as much :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:04 am 

Caputh wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Thanks Caputh,though it's free work for now,I know I'm with a cast and crew that can see ahead and follow through.Story matters too! Which is cool.I wish I was in the above mentioned price bracket though! I would love to play Lee Marvins part in Paint Your Wagon or Cat Ballou,but I'm a Californian and you have all British actors up there,except LM.I'm thinkin' more Jack Nickelson,Jack Elam,LM,Brando,Carl Malden,Jack Lemmon types.Charactor actors have always been my favorites.They work more too. :wink:

Ah, but they don't drink as much :wink:

True,but we Vaporize more herb than the rest. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:09 pm 

Today was Mrs. Flycoon's birthday, so we took her out to celebrate at a restaurant in Carmel.

Yeah, I know: so what?

Here's what: the restaurant had black napkins...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:59 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Today was Mrs. Flycoon's birthday, so we took her out to celebrate at a restaurant in Carmel.

Yeah, I know: so what?

Here's what: the restaurant had black napkins...

Are the Monarchs still gathering in Pacific Grove in the numbers they used to? I've heard about a recovery but no details. It's one of the only places that Butterflies migrate to annually. Very cool even as a kid, I used to go there. It's in the middle of Carmel & Monterey.
So did you eat at The Boars Head? Clint Eastwood, the former Mayors place in Carmel? How much $$'s is The 17 Mile Drive nowadaze? Have you been to the Monterey Aquarium since the remodel?
I hope y'all had a good time. It's been windy during the day out here in the Big Valley but sunny and clear.

Give Mrs.M.T.Flycoon a kiss for her B-day, just say it's the Kapt.'s orders! Ha!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8635 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307 ... 346  Next