Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 59  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:49 pm 

The SF 49er's came this close to winning the Superbowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eja3JANJ8HM

Warning:This post is exaggerated.

That better coavad? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:12 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 am 

Learned, that Occam's razor isn't just simply a razor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor.
Learned also that Trendmonger already knew it on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:52 pm:http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14621&p=362765&hilit=Occam%27s+razor#p362765

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:11 am 

Learnt why the Venus de Milo is famous: she had a huge publicity campaign after the French had to return the Venus de Medici to Italy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:41 am 

BBP wrote:
Learnt why the Venus de Milo is famous: she had a huge publicity campaign after the French had to return the Venus de Medici to Italy.

...and here I thought it was because she had no arms.What's the name of the one in your pictures of Paris that's by the louve BBP? It almost looks like broken wings from afar,yellow walls at the end of a hall?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:20 am 

That's the Winged Victory of Samothrace. She's a lot larger than the Venus in spite of having no head, and she is much admired because of the realistic portrayal of her clothes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:51 am 

help science learn how the brain works by playing a game mapping neuron pathways at eyewire.org
or help learn how sepsis transmits itself or help science learn how proteins are folded by folding virtual proteins at fold.it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 am 

Sorry Simplex, I just flagged that post as spam, since it looked like that. Try to formulate phrases and use grammar, capitals and interpunction to prevent confusion in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:32 pm 

Learnt Burt Ward sang a song written by FZ, entitled "Boy Wonder, I Love You".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjoLQbJCPTI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:29 pm 

BBP wrote:
Learnt Burt Ward sang a song written by FZ, entitled "Boy Wonder, I Love You".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjoLQbJCPTI

Yeah, I think there's been some discussion here about it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:55 am 

Yeah, found that after some searching. Odd how I managed to miss out on that completely. (vows to read TRFZB again)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm 

Metallica's Welcome Home (Sanitarium), one of the songs turns out to be a ripoff of Bleak House - Rainbow Warrior.
Holy heartbreak, Batman!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:33 pm 

Gee! Amazing, beeps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zowid7KAmnM

That is a coincidence I was just watching this Metal Evolution TV show, particularly the episodes about the New Wave of British Heavy Metal and the Thrash scene...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:34 pm 

Learnt the one and only Nostradamus also wrote a cookbook. I'm copying his recipe for almond cake right now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:47 pm 

BBP wrote:
Learnt the one and only Nostradamus also wrote a cookbook. I'm copying his recipe for almond cake right now.

Nostradamus: "I predict my almond cake will be ready by March 12th in the year 2014." Your a year early BP! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:49 pm 

BBP wrote:

Please leave out the cyanide Bonny, Michel was a little depressed when he wrote his cookbook....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:24 am 

You can't leave out the cyanide! Almonds contain cyanide!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:01 am 

BBP wrote:

I heard all the recipes were predictable... :mrgreen:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:44 am 

Plook wrote:
BBP wrote:
I heard all the recipes were predictable... :mrgreen: :smoke:
Don't make me come down there and hit you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 am 

BBP wrote:
Sorry Simplex, I just flagged that post as spam, since it looked like that. Try to formulate phrases and use grammar, capitals and interpunction to prevent confusion in the future.

hello, I am a human with an interest in brain pathways. I am also a human who recognizes, like FZ, that mental illness may be humanity's biggest problem.

Another problem is the transmission of sepsis - a form of disease - that flourishes in hospitals, restaurants, and other very public places where disease infection is particularly prevalent AND difficult to combat.

The folding of proteins is both a natural art and one that promises great rewards if we are to learn about ourselves and perhaps, evolve as a species. This species wants to survive despite current trends in witch-hunting psychoses, like blind censorship.

Those links up there cost no money and look to further human's understanding of themselves. Unlike 'flagging posts as spam'

Spam, a Hormel product which I would not ever endorse, except as a joke, is mostly fat and can lead to heart disease.

np: "Waiting For A Friend"

edit: so, i guess ive learned i shouldn't blieve the hype that connections or communication on social forums are ... 'real'

good day and good luck with your chosen endeavors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 pm 

Castorium is a product made from beaver reproductive glands. It's often used in ice cream.

I'll never eat it again in my life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:44 pm 

simplex II wrote:
BBP wrote:

hello, I am a human with an interest in brain pathways. I am also a human who recognizes, like FZ, that mental illness may be humanity's biggest problem.

Another problem is the transmission of sepsis - a form of disease - that flourishes in hospitals, restaurants, and other very public places where disease infection is particularly prevalent AND difficult to combat.

The folding of proteins is both a natural art and one that promises great rewards if we are to learn about ourselves and perhaps, evolve as a species. This species wants to survive despite current trends in witch-hunting psychoses, like blind censorship.

Those links up there cost no money and look to further human's understanding of themselves. Unlike 'flagging posts as spam'

Spam, a Hormel product which I would not ever endorse, except as a joke, is mostly fat and can lead to heart disease.

np: "Waiting For A Friend"

edit: so, i guess ive learned i shouldn't blieve the hype that connections or communication on social forums are ... 'real'

good day and good luck with your chosen endeavors

Mental illness is the human condition the more nuts you are makes you either a creative genius or a psychopath that will probably commit some crimes. Everyone else is functionally crazy... :wink:

The daughter Plook the Elder as part of her Masters studies is doing research with brain synaptic payhways…just thinking outloud there… 8)

The reason all these freaking diseases are so strong now is everyone quit playing outside and eating dirt, if everyone stayed outside more and licked a public toilet once in a while the populace would be better off…as it stands we have a bunch of shut ins who are washing their hands and carrying around hand sanitizer, everyone is immunized to death and no one is getting natural exposer that builds your immunity system… :idea:

We live in a modern sanitized anemic society where virus’s and diseases thrive and new supper bugs are generated, man is going to die off supper clean… :shock:

If your panicked about flagged posts stay clear of the criminal justice system, I have seen enough episodes of 48 Hours to know that you can be charged convicted and sentenced with absolutely no evidence, now that is something you may want to raise a flag about!... :!:

Well back to work…
:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:54 pm 

BBP wrote:
Castorium is a product made from beaver reproductive glands. It's often used in ice cream.

I saw a special on the Nature channel on something like that,that showed how you get it.It's in a gland and looks like....that stuff you put on cinnamon rolls.The poppin fresh with topping stuff.Thats it.
I've always preferred sherbert over ice cream.It's most likely in both.I'll have to ask the next beaver I see,eh! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:06 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BBP wrote:

I saw a special on the Nature channel on something like that,that showed how you get it.It's in a gland and looks like....that stuff you put on cinnamon rolls.The poppin fresh with topping stuff.Thats it.
I've always preferred sherbert over ice cream.It's most likely in both.I'll have to ask the next beaver I see,eh! :mrgreen:

When I was a sophomore in High school I worked at Thrifty Drug Store and I had a giant spoon in the Ice Cream freezer and I ate a commercial container (probably 5 gallons) of Sherbet Ice Cream in about a month, froze my ass of doing it too... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:25 pm 

LOL :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 59  Next