Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 15
Oh you urban sophisticates, you. WEull I heard mosta FZ's albums years ago, and now just want to own a few canonical CDs, buy single songs off the Web so there aren't lotsa more CDs next to the other CDs I only listen to once a year at best. Am not going to buy digitalized Beat The Boots outtakes anytime soon, because I'm not living very extravagantly. Expenses are sure high, too. If we'd all been living in California, it would have been different because then I could go to a house, I could go to a house and join a rock and roll band and be their road manager, because the groups all live together. I will ask the Chamber of Commerce how to get the crabs and I will take the bus back home to Cleveland after discovering what's new in Baltimore after 46 yrs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15120
AlanBrooks wrote:
Oh you urban sophisticates, you. WEull I heard mosta FZ's albums years ago, and now just want to own a few canonical CDs, buy single songs off the Web so there aren't lotsa more CDs next to the other CDs I only listen to once a year at best. Am not going to buy digitalized Beat The Boots outtakes anytime soon, because I'm not living very extravagantly. Expenses are sure high, too. If we'd all been living in California, it would have been different because then I could go to a house, I could go to a house and join a rock and roll band and be their road manager, because the groups all live together. I will ask the Chamber of Commerce how to get the crabs and I will take the bus back home to Cleveland after discovering what's new in Baltimore after 46 yrs.



Umm, I'm curious....why couldn't you reply in that thread?

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5951
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Isn't it obvious?

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 9405
Location: Wellington New Zealand
As clear as GZ's business plan..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21484
Location: Somewhere in time
They're trying to create busy work for us... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13896
Location: From some place in this area...
The radio is broken...

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:38 am
Posts: 236
Location: The Land of the Ice & Snow
...It don't work no more.

_________________
Oh No! I don't believe it...
You say that you think you know the meaning of love...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:16 am
Posts: 2476
Theeze radio is a fuck-a-rambered, capeech?

_________________
"drums are too noisy, 'n you've got no corners to hide in"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 9405
Location: Wellington New Zealand
And still a tool of the government


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21484
Location: Somewhere in time
And made in China... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5951
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
The fact is, that the guy who started the other thread actually wanted to talk about buying those albums. Everyone thereafter just took the piss, so he started this thread. Then everyone thereafter took the piss again. If he's now thinking that the average forum member here is a dick head he's probably got a point.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15120
Hmm, okay....what exactly are we discussing? "Oh, you're buying CDs and songs off the internet. That's fantastic!"

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:38 am
Posts: 235
And meanwhile I STILL miss Trendmonger.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21484
Location: Somewhere in time
IrishBoris wrote:
And meanwhile I STILL miss Trendmonger.



Nothing like a good argument, right govenor... :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15120
IrishBoris wrote:
And meanwhile I STILL miss Trendmonger.


I think this was a Johnny Cash song.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13896
Location: From some place in this area...
I didn't take a piss, I only made a joke only the average Zappa fan would get, even though they were stupid :P

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2240
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Mr. GG, is there an 'average' Zappa fan? I thought we were all discriminating Connoisseurs of The World's Finest Optional Entertainment. Anyhoo, what WAS the subject of this thread?

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19183
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
calvin2hikers wrote:
IrishBoris wrote:
And meanwhile I STILL miss Trendmonger.


I think this was a Johnny Cash song.

No. Your confusing it with "Dirty Old Egg Suckin' Dog"

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15120
Bill, or George, anything but Gary!

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21484
Location: Somewhere in time
tweezers wrote:
Mr. GG, is there an 'average' Zappa fan? I thought we were all discriminating Connoisseurs of The World's Finest Optional Entertainment. Anyhoo, what WAS the subject of this thread?



Does it really matter.... :mrgreen:

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2240
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Nope, dosn't now and never did :smoke:

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21484
Location: Somewhere in time
tweezers wrote:
Nope, dosn't now and never did :smoke:



Just be thankful the Political battle hasn't spilled over in here... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group