Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 164  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I was on a plane once and the old man next to me told me how proud he was of his son, who was a pilot. He flew some type of plane with Fokker in the name. I said something like "Oh, like the movie, 'Meet the Fockers'". He gave me the fish-eye. I tried to explain. He gave me a blank stare. We didn't talk the rest of the flight.

That's funny.I guess he didn't want to be a Fokker talker anymore! Ha! :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I was on a plane once and the old man next to me told me how proud he was of his son, who was a pilot. He flew some type of plane with Fokker in the name. I said something like "Oh, like the movie, 'Meet the Fockers'". He gave me the fish-eye. I tried to explain. He gave me a blank stare. We didn't talk the rest of the flight.



LOL... :lol: ...Hey Arkay my list trip to Chicago next week you should meet with PIB and I for dinnner, maybe we could get slime out of his shell also... :mrgreen:

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3443
Location: Between the Badges
Thanks for the offer, but not sure. It could happen, possibly, but no guarantee. I live near the Wisconsin border, PIB knows the area. See what next week brings. Going to see Yes this Saturday, that should be cool. Steve Howe gets top rating as a guitarsit from me (alongside FZ & TR, of course!), so I'm looking forward to that.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Thanks for the offer, but not sure. It could happen, possibly, but no guarantee. I live near the Wisconsin border, PIB knows the area. See what next week brings. Going to see Yes this Saturday, that should be cool. Steve Howe gets top rating as a guitarsit from me (alongside FZ & TR, of course!), so I'm looking forward to that.



Dam I don't get to town until Sunday, how far is Schaumburg from you?

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3443
Location: Between the Badges
Its about 45 min south of me.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I was on a plane once and the old man next to me told me how proud he was of his son, who was a pilot. He flew some type of plane with Fokker in the name. I said something like "Oh, like the movie, 'Meet the Fockers'". He gave me the fish-eye. I tried to explain. He gave me a blank stare. We didn't talk the rest of the flight.



LOL... :lol: ...Hey Arkay my list trip to Chicago next week you should meet with PIB and I for dinnner, maybe we could get slime out of his shell also... :mrgreen:

slime.o. is alot closer to me than Sweet Home Chigago.He does travel though,I've seen him in other big cities too.Really! I don't think he's been to Schaumburg.But you never know. :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I was on a plane once and the old man next to me told me how proud he was of his son, who was a pilot. He flew some type of plane with Fokker in the name. I said something like "Oh, like the movie, 'Meet the Fockers'". He gave me the fish-eye. I tried to explain. He gave me a blank stare. We didn't talk the rest of the flight.



LOL... :lol: ...Hey Arkay my list trip to Chicago next week you should meet with PIB and I for dinnner, maybe we could get slime out of his shell also... :mrgreen:

slime.o. is alot closer to me than Sweet Home Chigago.He does travel though,I've seen him in other big cities too.Really! I don't think he's been to Schaumburg.But you never know. :wink:


I will be in San Diego in May, why did I think he was Chicago, what a minute...Ronnies Noomies, sorry guys, what say you Ronnie...that fake Little Salley is supposed to be from there too, but she most likely is a Ranch owner in the Northwest... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15122
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I was on a plane once and the old man next to me told me how proud he was of his son, who was a pilot. He flew some type of plane with Fokker in the name. I said something like "Oh, like the movie, 'Meet the Fockers'". He gave me the fish-eye. I tried to explain. He gave me a blank stare. We didn't talk the rest of the flight.



LOL... :lol: ...Hey Arkay my list trip to Chicago next week you should meet with PIB and I for dinnner, maybe we could get slime out of his shell also... :mrgreen:

slime.o. is alot closer to me than Sweet Home Chigago.He does travel though,I've seen him in other big cities too.Really! I don't think he's been to Schaumburg.But you never know. :wink:


First rule about slime is you don't talk about slime.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
calvin2hikers wrote:
First rule about slime is you don't talk about slime.


Who's slime.o.?

#2. No pictures.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
First rule about slime is you don't talk about slime.


Who's slime.o.?

#2. No pictures.



I know NOTHING!

:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
I'm headed out to the farm tomorrow to spend the day with Mrs.Plooks Aunt and Uncle, head to Chicago Sunday, have not seen PIB on here I better call him...It would be nice to have a round table with him Arkay and Roonies Noomies... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
Yo yo yo! I'm here!
I'm "in the thick of it" but I'm here!
Definitely hit me up if nothing more than an escape from the chaos! :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Yo yo yo! I'm here!
I'm "in the thick of it" but I'm here!
Definitely hit me up if nothing more than an escape from the chaos! :mrgreen:



It's a date, we got to get Arkay and Noomies to come in... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
Headed to the Farm, I will talk at ya all later... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
Had a good time out at the farm, feed cattle, stored some hey, checked on newborn calves, fixed a fence, checked out a lot and some plans for a new house, cruised around the wheat fields, farm life is good... :smoke:


Headed to Chicago tomorrow should be hookin up with PIB tomorrow, may have to celebrate my name sake day with a green beer... :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Happy St. Plooks Day! The Chicago river should be neon green when you get there.Be safe and you and PIB and ?? all have a great time!

PIB needs a day/night off.How's that sound PIB,about right? (and it's good for ya too!?!) :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Happy St. Plooks Day! The Chicago river should be neon green when you get there.Be safe and you and PIB and ?? all have a great time!

PIB needs a day/night off.How's that sound PIB,about right? (and it's good for ya too!?!) :wink:




I use the name Patty O Furniture today... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
Went to dinner with PIB, he selected a joint right out of an Al Capon movie..good eats and we had a great time shooting the shit...had a really good time.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
Went to dinner with PIB, he selected a joint right out of an Al Capon movie..good eats and we had a great time shooting the shit...had a really good time.

That's really great to hear! Now have another green beer! :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21493
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Went to dinner with PIB, he selected a joint right out of an Al Capon movie..good eats and we had a great time shooting the shit...had a really good time.

That's really great to hear! Now have another green beer! :wink:



LOL..neither one of us is in great shape right now with the personal crap we are dealing with, it took us about an hour and a half to drink 2 drinks each...but we had a constructive conversation supporting each other through our individual life tests, it helped me and I would venture to say he was none the worse for wear either...

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Went to dinner with PIB, he selected a joint right out of an Al Capon movie..good eats and we had a great time shooting the shit...had a really good time.

That's really great to hear! Now have another green beer! :wink:



LOL..neither one of us is in great shape right now with the personal crap we are dealing with, it took us about an hour and a half to drink 2 drinks each...but we had a constructive conversation supporting each other through our individual life tests, it helped me and I would venture to say he was none the worse for wear either...

I figured you two would be more down to earth this time around.With all you both have in your personnel lives you don't need a hangover to deal with it.Glad you talked and maybe exorcised some of those demons.
LOL {-

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
Yes, Plook most definitely helped me exercise demons. Shiteree.... I'm done with the drama, I tells ya! He offered some great perspective that I truly appreciate! Hopefully we'll meet up again on Wednesday evening before he takes off. Hopefully I can spend some more time listening to his woes than waxing on and on about my own. :oops:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4972
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Yes, Plook most definitely helped me exercise demons.


How do you exercise Demons? Isometrics? :wink:

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Yes, Plook most definitely helped me exercise demons. Shiteree.... I'm done with the drama, I tells ya! He offered some great perspective that I truly appreciate! Hopefully we'll meet up again on Wednesday evening before he takes off. Hopefully I can spend some more time listening to his woes than waxing on and on about my own. :oops:

I'm sure you did the same for him whether you know it or not.Sometimes just stepping back from a situation can give you a better perspective on everything in general.That drama in your face shit is where stupid and hate grow into an "idea" that usually makes it worse all the way around.But you knew that already! Glad y'all had a good talk,instead of all party,no substance,ya,know? LoL 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Sometimes just stepping back from a situation can give you a better perspective on everything in general.That drama in your face shit is where stupid and hate grow into an "idea" that usually makes it worse all the way around.


Words of wisdom my friend.... :wink:

Handing her revised papers this evening (well, leaving them in the mailbox at least). Nickel/dime/nickel/dime - oy vey!

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 164  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group