Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: WOIIFTM on vinyl
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:20 am 

Hi
Picked up a copy of this on vinyl - Verve 2317-034. Tried to find out a little about this copy which is a British re-issue. On "Zappa album versions" webpage it said the cover is laminated on outside, the only laminated re -issue, but mine is not laminated. just wondered if there are any Zappa vinyl experts who could shed some further light on this re-issue.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: WOIIFTM on vinyl
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:57 am 

A reissue from when? Beware of counterfeits when it comes to reissued Zappa vinyl albums, especially the Verve era. Do you have photos?

Th.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:09 am 

Hi bkelly, I suggest writing to this people:
http://www.lukpac.org/~handmade/patio/vinylvscds/money.html

In case your is not yet described there, they could add to the description...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:31 am 

Thanks for the replies. Sorry, no photos, I'm a bit of a technophobe. I had heard of counterfeit re issues but it does seem to correspond to one listed on Discogs. It seems there were two 1972 UK re issues, one censored lyrics, the other (mine) not censored. I'll contact the link above.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:15 am 

Let me know what they say please bkelly.
My first copy of WOIIFTM was a UK Verve reissue of some kind. Whilst I cannot remember the record number I have always wondered what particular release it was because like yours, it was not laminated. It certainly was not one of the bootleg facsimile versions because I have seen those. I'm almost certain that the centre of the disc was black with the Verve logo and the condition of the card sleeve seemed very good.
I temporarily had the UK '72 reissue back in '96 because some bollockbrain sold me it in the back of record collector who had listed it as the original UK '68 release....... Needless to say I sent it back and got a refund.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:25 am 

thenoisydrum wrote:
My first copy of WOIIFTM was a UK Verve reissue of some kind. Whilst I cannot remember the record number I have always wondered what particular release it was because like yours, it was not laminated. It certainly was not one of the bootleg facsimile versions because I have seen those. I'm almost certain that the centre of the disc was black with the Verve logo and the condition of the card sleeve seemed very good.
I temporarily had the UK '72 reissue back in '96 because some bollockbrain sold me it in the back of record collector who had listed it as the original UK '68 release....... Needless to say I sent it back and got a refund.

I'll let you know if I hear back. My sleeve is printed and made by Howards Printers (Slough) Ltd, England which is different from laminated version, E J Day Group, London and Bedford. It's all very complicated re different versions - censored, partially censored ....stereo, mono.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:42 am 

bkelly wrote:
thenoisydrum wrote:

I'll let you know if I hear back. My sleeve is printed and made by Howards Printers (Slough) Ltd, England which is different from laminated version, E J Day Group, London and Bedford. It's all very complicated re different versions - censored, partially censored ....stereo, mono.

Hmm, I cannot remember that detail unfortunately.
As for the content I am certain that it was identical to the US original and what we all knew as being the Ryko '95 version and 2012 latest version. The UK '72 select was slightly different but as you probably agree, that is for a different thread :mrgreen: