Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 177  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:17 am 

FalseDichotomy wrote:

I was very sad to see this. Especially since I found out about this on the very same day my dad had to go back into the hospital to have about 6 liters of fluids drain from his abdomen due to cirrhosis brought on by decades of alcoholism. His time is going to start running short too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:18 pm 

Stay strong, duchamp...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:55 am 

Hang tight duchamp, these kind of rides can get bumpy... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:11 pm 

Jim 'Pope Jim' Wilson's dzw life has come to an end. A moment of silence, please..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................thank you.

I'll need alot more practice with my ignore button now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:25 pm 

I may be dead over there, but I'll be stinking over here for a long time to come. Heh-heh, he said cum. Look on the bright side. Gary will miss me in a month or two and start coming over here more often. Won't that be fun? Pseudo-intellectual 'Nlightenment for all!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:41 pm 

Congrats! What did the trick?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 pm 

Gary's on his high horse over there, spreading manure like there's no tomorrow. I can only take so much of his holier-than-thou crap before I go off. I implied that he does more to drive away potential Zappa fans than high ticket prices. I compared him to The Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man, an old Rolling Stones song. I said a lot of people probably avoid NYC area concerts because they're likely to see him there and be tempted to punch him in the nose. I know I would. I guess that was the last straw, the threat of violence...like I'm gonna do a Jay & Silent Bob trip and go 3000 miles to punch a cyber-doink in the nose. Get fucking real. I can hardly make the rent lately. I was going to say you can read it for yourself in a group called the Meeting Place (a.k.a. Trendmonger's Town Hall), but now I find I've been totally purged. No trace of my wit and wisdom remains. It's like Soviet Russia over there, all in the name of political correctness. I have become a non-person, a refugee from Dweezil Zappa World. Send your donations to...nah, don't bother. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. It's sad that Dweezil's so unlike his dad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:05 pm 

Smile 'Til It Hurts: The Up with People Story

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:07 pm 

Cry me a river.....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:55 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
Gary's on his high horse over there, spreading manure like there's no tomorrow. I can only take so much of his holier-than-thou crap before I go off. I implied that he does more to drive away potential Zappa fans than high ticket prices. I compared him to The Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man, an old Rolling Stones song. I said a lot of people probably avoid NYC area concerts because they're likely to see him there and be tempted to punch him in the nose. I know I would. I guess that was the last straw, the threat of violence...like I'm gonna do a Jay & Silent Bob trip and go 3000 miles to punch a cyber-doink in the nose. Get fucking real. I can hardly make the rent lately. I was going to say you can read it for yourself in a group called the Meeting Place (a.k.a. Trendmonger's Town Hall), but now I find I've been totally purged. No trace of my wit and wisdom remains. It's like Soviet Russia over there, all in the name of political correctness. I have become a non-person, a refugee from Dweezil Zappa World. Send your donations to...nah, don't bother. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. It's sad that Dweezil's so unlike his dad.

El Bummo PJ. You will be missed! :mrgreen:

I'm the next likely suspect to go. I questioned Gary's use of "terms of agreement" and told him he used it as a threat constantly and that tactic was not a term of endearment to anyone. It's their loss Jim. Fuck 'em if they can't take a poke,eh?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:57 am 

Join the Refugee Club! I'm in it as well! (prepares tea and crumpets)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:51 am 

BBP wrote:

Tea and crumpets? Now I want register over there and get booted too. I've not had crumpets since me lorry broke down.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:33 am 

BBP wrote:

No way..you got kicked of DZW also, HOW?

:?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:40 am 

I was just gonna ask that myself. Also, what's a crumpet? Sounds like that dog, Gary, that nobody wants.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:02 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
I was just gonna ask that myself. Also, what's a crumpet? Sounds like that dog, Gary, that nobody wants.

Stop that talk, you know what a crumpet is...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:35 am 

Maybe Pope Jim's name will be immortalized at dzw with a group. Just like Elaine!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:54 am 

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/r-p-jaroslav-j ... 12672.html

He created those creepy paintings in the pilot episode of Night Gallery.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:28 pm 

Plook wrote:
BBP wrote:

No way..you got kicked of DZW also, HOW?

:?

Didn't get kicked out. I ran away after Dweezil decided to be an asshole to his fans. He was friendly to me in person, but men are generally friendly to you if you have big boobs (whether they're turned on or just want to know if they're real, I'm not sure).

Just died: Boris Berezovsky, prominent opponent of the Russian government. Cause unknown.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:41 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:

That mutt is reading every post you make over here too. The dirty dog'll compile a file on you as we speak/post.I bet you he's wagging his wanky muscle about you to GZ right now.

Has anyone every heard of FZ's concept of "and but also"? Those words are in some song of FZ's and Titoney has gone on for over a month now about FZ's "and but also" concept. Like you could preform it. It sounds like he's repeating what RK (and the members of the forum) did with The Unmoderated and but also, tell me it ain't so,sisters & bro's.... :roll:

Your humor and wit is wasted over there anyway PJ. I'm glad your here, you add a nice spice to this mix.imho 8)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:01 pm 

Crumpet is a type of cake mainly eaten in England. In British slang it can also be a beautiful woman.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:50 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of FZ's concept of "and but also"? Those words are in some song of FZ's and Titoney has gone on for over a month now about FZ's "and but also" concept.

Only Trendy could turn a three-word riff on obnoxious TV sales pitches and game-show mannerisms into a "concept" or a "keyword phrase" or some other Watsonesque bullshit.

"and but also" only works in songs when you can hear the exaggerated way it's said. It's an audio joke that doesn't work very well in email announcements and long-winded fanboy posts.

Plus, The Tubes had already parodied game-show jargon five years earlier with "What Do You Want From Life?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:43 pm 

Bodybuilder Joe Weider dead at 93

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/23/joe-weider-fitness-mentor-to-schwarzenegger-dies/2013665/

Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:53 pm 

@FD....long-winded fan boy posts. Lmfao :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:28 pm 

FalseDichotomy wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of FZ's concept of "and but also"? Those words are in some song of FZ's and Titoney has gone on for over a month now about FZ's "and but also" concept.

Only Trendy could turn a three-word riff on obnoxious TV sales pitches and game-show mannerisms into a "concept" or a "keyword phrase" or some other Watsonesque bullshit.

"and but also" only works in songs when you can hear the exaggerated way it's said. It's an audio joke that doesn't work very well in email announcements and long-winded fanboy posts.

Plus, The Tubes had already parodied game-show jargon five years earlier with "What Do You Want From Life?"

:shock: I wanna kidnap an heiress and threatin' her with a knife? :shock: :wink: I hear ya FD, I didn't think there was this big concept out there that FZ worked on. Thanx man. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:22 am 

Actor Richard Griffiths, aged 65.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/mar ... otter-dies

I liked the story of him stopping a play he was acting in, to berate a member of the audience for having their mobile phone on...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 177  Next