Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272 ... 371  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:11 pm 

Your service to our nation is much appreciated BS. Though we're on different ends of the political spectrum, yours and everybody else's service in our military is nothing short of heroic. Thank you!

I admit that I still have much to learn about the tactical history of the Vietnam War, the various battles and what-not, but I have no doubts that our polititians (more often from the Right these days) use and start wars for personal/political gain and/or for financial gain, instead of defensive and humanitarian reasons....and thats what really pisses me off. Fuck Haliburton, Dickhead Cheney and their no-fucking-bid contracts. I'm sure there were alterior motives for the Vietnam War on LBJs behalf.

Oh well....there's a lot of chest thumping and drums of war beating to get us into wars with N Korea and Iran...mostly from the Right...so...we'll see how Barack deals with it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Fuck Haliburton, Dickhead Cheney and their no-fucking-bid contracts.

Why did they get the no-bid contract to put out oil fires for the Army? “We are the only company in the United States that had the kind of systems in place, people in place, contacts in place, to do that kind of thing,” says Dominy.

Interesting to note that the only other company that thought about bidding , dropped out.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... le3141.htm

You can only beat that drum so much , Spacer.
After that it sounds like a tin can. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:20 pm 

Yah, let's clang the drum so that we can't hear any more stupid arguments! Hotcha!

(looks for news but doesn't find much)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:41 pm 

Here ya go , Bon :)

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:06 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KK listen to Alright Guy, by Todd Snider, it kinda sums up where i'm at. musically FZ, Hermeto, Pat Martino, and that stuff is what I listen to.

A wise musical selection and good taste!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:19 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Fuck Haliburton, Dickhead Cheney and their no-fucking-bid contracts.

Why did they get the no-bid contract to put out oil fires for the Army? “We are the only company in the United States that had the kind of systems in place, people in place, contacts in place, to do that kind of thing,” says Dominy.

Interesting to note that the only other company that thought about bidding , dropped out.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... le3141.htm

You can only beat that drum so much , Spacer.
After that it sounds like a tin can. :roll:

The information in that link isn't entirely accurate. Here's the short list of companies who also have the same resources to do the job that Halliburton but were denied contracts...

http://www.bakerhughes.com/

http://slb.com/

http://www.technip.com/en

http://www.subsea.org/company/listdetai ... mpanyid=94

http://www.slb.com/services/drilling/to ... vices.aspx

...and why exatly were they denied contracts over Halliburton?

Answer 1 - http://www.apfn.net/messageboard/5-09-0 ... cgi.7.html

Answer 2 - http://costanzo.org/Rex/Commentary/chen ... circle.htm

Bush's kids and grandkids and Cheneys kids and grandkids are going to have one helluv-an inheritance. They can thank the 10 of thousands of murdered Iraqi women, children and their dads, as well as several thousand of our finest and bravest in service. Bush/Cheney = war criminals - isn't their twisted version of Capitalism just wonderful? :roll:

At least Obama was able to get the guy responsible for 9/11. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:46 am 

Nice links ,, with dead ends Spacer.

I couldn't find anywhere in your links ( you posted sib twice ) that any of these companies even entered or offered bids to the gov't , US or Iraqi.

If they were available and could do the job , why didn't any of them get in on the bidding process ??

Because they couldn't, on both fronts.

Your Answer # 1 is pure conjecture and Answer # 2 is a dead link.

Nice try. :roll:

You're so hell bent against the right , you try to make up stuff.... not very balanced thinking , dude.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:40 am 

They picked Halliburton because the Bush family has stock options in it and Cheney has stock options in it. It's all free money in their pockets off of the blood of hundreds of thousands of women and children and their fathers. It doesn't take rocket science to figure that one out, unless a person confuses wisdom for pride.

All of the companies I listed do the exact same work that Halliburton does. It was a scam to begin with, right from the phoney WMD claims, to their secondary excuse of a pre-emptive attack. They are war criminals. Nothing more nothing less.

The Bush family has ties to the company dating back to Prescott Bush, the family member with direct ties to business interests with Hitler.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/2 ... 38635.html

http://www.apfn.net/messageboard/5-09-0 ... cgi.7.html

...but you're probably already aware of that, and will never accept it. Lots of dictators and war criminals and their supporters have a long history of revisionism. Especially the Bushes and theirs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 pm 

Usually when the feds need a contractor of any kind, they invite a bunch of specific companies to place bids. It's built into the procurement process to specifically address favoritism, conflicts of interest and other ethical problems. It seems that Halliburton might have been the only invitee.....

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:48 pm 

How many companies really have what it takes to put up chain link fences anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:30 pm 

There is a little more depth to this water, I deal with these type of things daily in my business.

What they do is determine many criteria that acceptable companies must meet, this usually includes certifications that must be obtained, and this reduces the amount of allowable companies considerably.

They also use requirements that are designed to ferret out undesirables and will usually include available cash flow and super high insurance bonding amongst other things.

Finally they set a cap on what can be charged for a service by receiving bids from all the available companies left, then they average out the price and set the amount. They then have a reverse auction the low bidder/bidders are put on a list which will seldom have more than 3 companies on it. The falling prices of the reverse auction sifts out a lot of small and medium size companies who see the contract value as unsustainable.

Then they choose one of the company’s give them a SOW (scope of work) and they can only use the drivers that were preset for the value of the work. This is where the trick comes in, the company then ramps up the value of the work and therefore the cost as the project is performed.

How do they do this, they start to include change orders areas of unseen work, scope, and anything else they can think of that is not part of the preset drivers with in their Scope.

If the project is large enough they can triple the cost before the project is completed.

That’s how that dance card work, it is called Building Block Pricing, you have to be on the list to get in the game... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
How many companies really have what it takes to put up chain link fences anyway?

Putting out oil field fires is considerably more of a challenge than just putting up chain link fences . :roll:

The Kellogg Brown & Root (KBR) unit of Halliburton , said late Monday that it was awarded a contract by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to put out oil fires and make emergency repairs to Iraq's oil infrastructure.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/03/25/news/co ... contracts/

Plook is right ... only the companies that have the ability to do the job asked for , get to compete in the bidding.

It happens with friends of BOTH parties.
Bridge to nowhere anybody ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:54 pm 

In addition to lying to start a war in Iraq, they picked Halliburton soley to pad the bank accounts and the stock holdings of the Bush and Cheney families. Nothing more, nothing less.

The bridge's to nowhere, both in Alaska and in my state of Michigan, were/are both entirely Republican ventures.

In related and current news...

Besides being racists, homophobes, religious fanatics, hating on the poor and the middle class, Republicans in North Dakota are expressing their blatant elitist fascist bullshit towards women, you know...the opposite, and according to them...lesser sex (sic), the ones who get paid less for doing the same work as men?...

http://news.msn.com/politics/north-dako ... n-abortion

...is anybody really surprised?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:54 pm 

History Channel denies Satan resembles Obama in 'The Bible'

Posted: Mar 18, 2013 12:13 PM PDT Updated: Mar 18, 2013 12:42 PM PDT
By Matt Quillen

(RNN) – The History Channel responded Monday to casting questions for its hit show The Bible after people thought Satan looked too much like President Barack Obama.

In the statement, company officials said History had "the highest respect for President Obama."

"The series was produced with an international and diverse cast of respected actors," the statement read. "It's unfortunate that anyone made this false connection. History's The Bible is meant to enlighten people on its rich stories and deep history."

Full story

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:04 am 

I think what they are saying is this does look like Obama but that was never their intention.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:47 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I think what they are saying is this does look like Obama but that was never their intention.

or..."It's not our fault they all look alike."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:01 am 

just plain doug wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Or "What...we never noticed..." when making anything with big time production value they pay people just to notice stuff like that, they new and just let it go or they did it on purpose, but either way them saying they did not notice sets off my Crapdetector big time... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:19 pm 

Plook wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Or "What...we never noticed..." when making anything with big time production value they pay people just to notice stuff like that, they new and just let it go or they did it on purpose, but either way them saying they did not notice sets off my Crapdetector big time...

Ok,Ok,I confess.Yes I do like The Yes Album and the singers alright too! Happy now? Curse that damn crapdetector! Can't have a little fun without the damn thing going off, worse than a drone over me!!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:55 am 

Speaking of pissing matches....

"Peeing in public is now legal in Copenhagen, and fun"

http://now.msn.com/copenhagen-legalizes ... -urination

"I say the girls is all salty
(Down down down in)
'N the boys is all sweet
(Down down down in)
I said the food ain't too shabby,
(Down down down in)
An' they piss in the street
(Down down down in)
Down in Copenhagen"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:43 pm 

Doesn't sing as easily, does it?
British police haven't found any evidence for murder in the Berezovski-case.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:19 pm 

NJ License Photos: No Smiling and No Wearing a Pasta Strainer on Your Head

An Egg Harbor man's choice of head gear brought South Brunswick Police to the Motor Vehicle Commission office.

By Davy James
February 20, 2013

The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission banned smiles in driver's license photos last year, but apparently imposed no restriction on cooking utensils worn as religious head gear. At least, that's how Aaron Williams saw it.

At about noon on Feb. 2, South Brunswick Police responded to the MVC facility on Route 130 in Dayton on reports that a man renewing his driver's license refused to remove the pasta strainer he was wearing on his head for his license photo, according to a police report.

Williams, 25, of Egg Harbor Township, said the strainer is a religious head covering and he had a right to wear it for the photo. Williams said he practices Pastafarianism, which was created in 2005 in response to a hearing in the Kansas State Board of Education on evolution versus intelligent design.

"What we deem as different or embarrassing is different from what another individual deems as different or embarrassing, in terms of religious practices," Williams told Patch on Tuesday.

Pastafarianism, or The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, became an Internet sensation after Bobby Henderson, an Oregon State University graduate, sent a satirical open letter to the Kansas school board as an argument against teaching intelligent design in school biology classes. The letter soon spawned a grass roots movement and a Facebook page aimed at "spreading the tasty goodness of His Noodliness throughout the world."

"We have evidence that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe," Henderson wrote to the Kansas school board. "None of us, of course, were around to see it, but we have written accounts of it. We have several lengthy volumes explaining all details of His power."

Full story

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 pm 

Where's my strainer?! I just vaporized some herb and I feel enlightened....

Lettuce Spray.

Oh heavenly pasta',
Where hath thou been?
Why down to the valley of many deaths,
To have a look at them.
I see no weasels, for it's too hot,
I was thirsty, so I ordered a scotch.
I didn't stay too late, I had to get back quick,
Lest the Vultures Await*, play together again!

*For Cletus :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:14 am 

I'm a Pastafari actually. Lots of fun!

Deal on Cyprus is through: people who saved their money on a Leika-account will lose all savings over 100,000 euros.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 am 

BBP wrote:

Deal on Cyprus is through: people who saved their money on a Leika-account will lose all savings over 100,000 euros.

That'll effect Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, and Syria and all the people that had their money stashed in an offshore banking account in Cypress. Those banks are getting a lot of free money this way. I wonder if they'll open all those safety boxes too, for the extra cash and hidden assets! All very legal of course. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:12 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BBP wrote:

That'll effect Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, and Syria and all the people that had their money stashed in an offshore banking account in Cypress. Those banks are getting a lot of free money this way. I wonder if they'll open all those safety boxes too, for the extra cash and hidden assets! All very legal of course. :roll:

The money in the mattress savings scheme could be a winner..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272 ... 371  Next