Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 135  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
Lets just hope the last of her cough is gone by Tuesday...her next treatment day... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 8369
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Here's hoping


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
I caught Mrs.Plooks cold and tomorrow she is supposed to start her new treatment, I feel crappy and I am booked with work, man I can't catch a break... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
I caught Mrs.Plooks cold and tomorrow she is supposed to start her new treatment, I feel crappy and I am booked with work, man I can't catch a break... :smoke:

Yet you can catch a cold. Ironic isn't it? :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
Well we are here for Mrs.Plooks new treatment, but again they can not get flow on her port, it really aggravates her.

I did a Power Point Slide Show on a DC Power issue we were having with a new piece of equipment and it ended up making its way to AT&T and they had me present it today on a call and I aced it! They want me to present to the Bell Labs people tomorrow, very cool...

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3219
Location: Chicago, IL
Plook wrote:
Well we are here for Mrs.Plooks new treatment, but again they can not get flow on her port, it really aggravates her.

I did a Power Point Slide Show on a DC Power issue we were having with a new piece of equipment and it ended up making its way to AT&T and they had me present it today on a call and I aced it! They want me to present to the Bell Labs people tomorrow, very cool...

:smoke:


"They can not get flow on her port" - not quite sure what that means.... is everything ok?

Great job on the slide show!

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 931
Plook wrote:
Well we are here for Mrs.Plooks new treatment, but again they can not get flow on her port, it really aggravates her.

I did a Power Point Slide Show on a DC Power issue we were having with a new piece of equipment and it ended up making its way to AT&T and they had me present it today on a call and I aced it! They want me to present to the Bell Labs people tomorrow, very cool...

:smoke:


8) BIG eyebrows , Plook ! Go get em , man !
Give my best to your better half. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
They just got the flow started so now they can give her a test run on her new chemo, they have to make sure it does not have a side effect then they can give her a full treatment.

The flow has to do with a port they put in her chest that goes directly to the Main Ventricul, when they do not get a return blood flow (required to start treatment) that is a show stopper. they try repossisioning her body or the port, sometimes that works. But if nothing else they put a small amount of heart attack medicine and it clears blockage in the line, that is what they have done the last two times.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3219
Location: Chicago, IL
Plook wrote:
They just got the flow started so now they can give her a test run on her new chemo, they have to make sure it does not have a side effect then they can give her a full treatment.

The flow has to do with a port they put in her chest that goes directly to the Main Ventricul, when they do not get a return blood flow (required to start treatment) that is a show stopper. they try repossisioning her body or the port, sometimes that works. But if nothing else they put a small amount of heart attack medicine and it clears blockage in the line, that is what they have done the last two times.

:smoke:


Eek! Frightful stuff.... Well, "eyes on the prize" and I'll keep sending out positive thoughts that the both of you will pull through with flying colors!

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Ditto what PIB said.
If her blood doesn't flow back, so they know it's going in, does this mean she might have clogged arteries too? Would keyelation (?) therapy help clean out her arteries or is this not a sign that her arteries are even clogged? :? (like she needs more problems! :roll: )

Keep knockin' 'em dead, Plook and give Mrs. Plook my best too!

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
It has to do with the implanted device, it worked fine finally, but that was a long hall, we were at the Center from 8:00am to 5:30pm... :|

She seems fine today, I am fighting a cold still but plugging away... :|


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
It has to do with the implanted device, it worked fine finally, but that was a long hall, we were at the Center from 8:00am to 5:30pm... :|

She seems fine today, I am fighting a cold still but plugging away... :|

Drink a lot of fluids and flush that bug outta you. No booze either. Kapt's. orders until Mrs. Plook is better, you take no chances! :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
It has to do with the implanted device, it worked fine finally, but that was a long hall, we were at the Center from 8:00am to 5:30pm... :|

She seems fine today, I am fighting a cold still but plugging away... :|

Drink a lot of fluids and flush that bug outta you. No booze either. Kapt's. orders until Mrs. Plook is better, you take no chances! :wink:



Aye Aye Captain... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 8369
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Thinking of you in the deeeeep South.....

Sounds like Mrs P's in good hands


still smoking I see......could be a good time to quit what with your cold and all.You could use this cold to your advantage, turn the tables on it as it were and quit. Not preaching or anything but just saying, you know just putting it out there...... :arrow: :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
Mrs.Plook is having a tuff go this morning, sometimes the overall effect is extreme bone pain, it sucks... :|


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
Mrs.Plook is having a tuff go this morning, sometimes the overall effect is extreme bone pain, it sucks... :|

Are the docs giving her pain pills for times like these? If not, why friggin' not? There's another "war on drugs" right now, being waged against all docs in CA. prescribing any pain relievers. (Opiates) She might need an advocate (you can be one) or an Ombudsman, if she's not comfortable. Patients shouldn't have to be in so much pain. It's the politicos that are bring this on. Not the docs, but they are scared of the feds. This is California and we don't need no stinkin' Feds gumming up our states health care system again with they're unenforceable rules and paranoia of drugs. All of those decisions should all be in a doctors hands and not law enforcement and judges! No-one gets "hooked" unless they themselves abuse prescriptions. There's nothing wrong with taking something once in awhile for pain if it works and you need it. Its' not alright to say your in pain and sit around all day getting a buzz off of pain pills and mixing it with booze. Big difference! IMHO.
If Mrs. Plook needs something to make her comfortable, get it for her! I know this has got to be breaking your heart man. Mrs. Plook's lucky to have you by her side through all this strife of life. Your both lucky folks, having each other and family and all. But you have to be pro-active with everyone from the docs on down to the *SPAM*!

Give her my best, I wish I could come up there and take away her bad Joo-Joo like the big guy in The Green Mile could. I surely would if I could. :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
She is taking some strong meds but as we all know they are a mask, she doesn't want anything super strong, she wants to remain lucid... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
She is taking some strong meds but as we all know they are a mask, she doesn't want anything super strong, she wants to remain lucid...


You know we just want to help so we throw what's worked for us out there. I'd go with what the doc's say and not a bunch a ZappaFreak's home remedies. But that's just me. :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
I used an old Mexican cold cure...rub hot mustard on your chest, down a half pint of tequila, and eat the hotest salsa you can find...go to bed and you'll be fine in the morning... :idea:

I woke up and my dog thought I was a deli sandwich, I had a hang over, and everytime I shit it feels like I got a blow torch up my ass... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Eugene, OR
Whatever you do, don't light your farts in the house.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
Things are not going so good for Mrs.Plook, she is having a really rough go, the bones in her legs are so full of pain it's aweful. We did not get much rest even little Jemadog felt so bad she was crying all night...this sucks.. :|


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3219
Location: Chicago, IL
Plook wrote:
Things are not going so good for Mrs.Plook, she is having a really rough go, the bones in her legs are so full of pain it's aweful. We did not get much rest even little Jemadog felt so bad she was crying all night...this sucks.. :|


Crap, sorry to hear that man. Have the docs said anything about the pain in her bones?

BTW, I'm playing at your favorite "mafia place" tonight. :wink:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
No its just one of those side effects you have to ride out, she tried some Medical Marijuana last night it help a little, she will make it shes tough... :!:

Tuscanos tonight tell Danial I said high from sunny California...lol... :lol:


Well more work to do, hey I got a nice bonus we had a good year last year...Uncle Sam took a huge bit out of that thing... :(


Back to the grind stone as soon as I check my silly game threads... :mrgreen:


:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3219
Location: Chicago, IL
Plook wrote:
No its just one of those side effects you have to ride out, she tried some Medical Marijuana last night it help a little, she will make it shes tough... :!:
Tuscanos tonight tell Danial I said high from sunny California...lol... :lol:
Well more work to do, hey I got a nice bonus we had a good year last year...Uncle Sam took a huge bit out of that thing... :(
Back to the grind stone as soon as I check my silly game threads... :mrgreen:
:smoke:


Glad to hear the gange helped out Mrs. P a bit!
Dania - couldn't remember her name - thanks! The pay he's giving me is crap so this might be my last time.... we'll see.
Congrats on the bonus - I got that raise I was concerned about too. At least we got those fortunes! :wink:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19853
Location: Somewhere in time
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Plook wrote:
No its just one of those side effects you have to ride out, she tried some Medical Marijuana last night it help a little, she will make it shes tough... :!:
Tuscanos tonight tell Danial I said high from sunny California...lol... :lol:
Well more work to do, hey I got a nice bonus we had a good year last year...Uncle Sam took a huge bit out of that thing... :(
Back to the grind stone as soon as I check my silly game threads... :mrgreen:
:smoke:


Glad to hear the gange helped out Mrs. P a bit!
Dania - couldn't remember her name - thanks! The pay he's giving me is crap so this might be my last time.... we'll see.
Congrats on the bonus - I got that raise I was concerned about too. At least we got those fortunes! :wink:



See it never hurts to speak up!

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 135  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group