Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:17 am 

Lets just hope the last of her cough is gone by Tuesday...her next treatment day... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:53 pm 

Here's hoping

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:42 pm 

I caught Mrs.Plooks cold and tomorrow she is supposed to start her new treatment, I feel crappy and I am booked with work, man I can't catch a break... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:00 pm 

Plook wrote:
I caught Mrs.Plooks cold and tomorrow she is supposed to start her new treatment, I feel crappy and I am booked with work, man I can't catch a break... :smoke:

Yet you can catch a cold. Ironic isn't it? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am 

Well we are here for Mrs.Plooks new treatment, but again they can not get flow on her port, it really aggravates her.

I did a Power Point Slide Show on a DC Power issue we were having with a new piece of equipment and it ended up making its way to AT&T and they had me present it today on a call and I aced it! They want me to present to the Bell Labs people tomorrow, very cool...

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 am 

Plook wrote:
Well we are here for Mrs.Plooks new treatment, but again they can not get flow on her port, it really aggravates her.

I did a Power Point Slide Show on a DC Power issue we were having with a new piece of equipment and it ended up making its way to AT&T and they had me present it today on a call and I aced it! They want me to present to the Bell Labs people tomorrow, very cool...

"They can not get flow on her port" - not quite sure what that means.... is everything ok?

Great job on the slide show!

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 am 

Plook wrote:

8) BIG eyebrows , Plook ! Go get em , man !
Give my best to your better half. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 am 

They just got the flow started so now they can give her a test run on her new chemo, they have to make sure it does not have a side effect then they can give her a full treatment.

The flow has to do with a port they put in her chest that goes directly to the Main Ventricul, when they do not get a return blood flow (required to start treatment) that is a show stopper. they try repossisioning her body or the port, sometimes that works. But if nothing else they put a small amount of heart attack medicine and it clears blockage in the line, that is what they have done the last two times.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:11 am 

Plook wrote:
They just got the flow started so now they can give her a test run on her new chemo, they have to make sure it does not have a side effect then they can give her a full treatment.

The flow has to do with a port they put in her chest that goes directly to the Main Ventricul, when they do not get a return blood flow (required to start treatment) that is a show stopper. they try repossisioning her body or the port, sometimes that works. But if nothing else they put a small amount of heart attack medicine and it clears blockage in the line, that is what they have done the last two times.

Eek! Frightful stuff.... Well, "eyes on the prize" and I'll keep sending out positive thoughts that the both of you will pull through with flying colors!

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:52 pm 

Ditto what PIB said.
If her blood doesn't flow back, so they know it's going in, does this mean she might have clogged arteries too? Would keyelation (?) therapy help clean out her arteries or is this not a sign that her arteries are even clogged? :? (like she needs more problems! :roll: )

Keep knockin' 'em dead, Plook and give Mrs. Plook my best too!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:43 am 

It has to do with the implanted device, it worked fine finally, but that was a long hall, we were at the Center from 8:00am to 5:30pm... :|

She seems fine today, I am fighting a cold still but plugging away... :|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:43 pm 

Plook wrote:
It has to do with the implanted device, it worked fine finally, but that was a long hall, we were at the Center from 8:00am to 5:30pm... :|

Drink a lot of fluids and flush that bug outta you. No booze either. Kapt's. orders until Mrs. Plook is better, you take no chances! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

Drink a lot of fluids and flush that bug outta you. No booze either. Kapt's. orders until Mrs. Plook is better, you take no chances! :wink:

Aye Aye Captain... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:52 am 

Thinking of you in the deeeeep South.....

Sounds like Mrs P's in good hands

still smoking I see......could be a good time to quit what with your cold and all.You could use this cold to your advantage, turn the tables on it as it were and quit. Not preaching or anything but just saying, you know just putting it out there...... :arrow: :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:10 am 

Mrs.Plook is having a tuff go this morning, sometimes the overall effect is extreme bone pain, it sucks... :|

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 am 

Plook wrote:
Mrs.Plook is having a tuff go this morning, sometimes the overall effect is extreme bone pain, it sucks... :|

Are the docs giving her pain pills for times like these? If not, why friggin' not? There's another "war on drugs" right now, being waged against all docs in CA. prescribing any pain relievers. (Opiates) She might need an advocate (you can be one) or an Ombudsman, if she's not comfortable. Patients shouldn't have to be in so much pain. It's the politicos that are bring this on. Not the docs, but they are scared of the feds. This is California and we don't need no stinkin' Feds gumming up our states health care system again with they're unenforceable rules and paranoia of drugs. All of those decisions should all be in a doctors hands and not law enforcement and judges! No-one gets "hooked" unless they themselves abuse prescriptions. There's nothing wrong with taking something once in awhile for pain if it works and you need it. Its' not alright to say your in pain and sit around all day getting a buzz off of pain pills and mixing it with booze. Big difference! IMHO.
If Mrs. Plook needs something to make her comfortable, get it for her! I know this has got to be breaking your heart man. Mrs. Plook's lucky to have you by her side through all this strife of life. Your both lucky folks, having each other and family and all. But you have to be pro-active with everyone from the docs on down to the *SPAM*!

Give her my best, I wish I could come up there and take away her bad Joo-Joo like the big guy in The Green Mile could. I surely would if I could. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:04 am 

She is taking some strong meds but as we all know they are a mask, she doesn't want anything super strong, she wants to remain lucid... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:59 am 

Plook wrote:
She is taking some strong meds but as we all know they are a mask, she doesn't want anything super strong, she wants to remain lucid...

You know we just want to help so we throw what's worked for us out there. I'd go with what the doc's say and not a bunch a ZappaFreak's home remedies. But that's just me. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:55 pm 

I used an old Mexican cold cure...rub hot mustard on your chest, down a half pint of tequila, and eat the hotest salsa you can find...go to bed and you'll be fine in the morning... :idea:

I woke up and my dog thought I was a deli sandwich, I had a hang over, and everytime I shit it feels like I got a blow torch up my ass... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:43 pm 

Whatever you do, don't light your farts in the house.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:42 am 

Things are not going so good for Mrs.Plook, she is having a really rough go, the bones in her legs are so full of pain it's aweful. We did not get much rest even little Jemadog felt so bad she was crying all night...this sucks.. :|

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:29 am 

Plook wrote:
Things are not going so good for Mrs.Plook, she is having a really rough go, the bones in her legs are so full of pain it's aweful. We did not get much rest even little Jemadog felt so bad she was crying all night...this sucks.. :|

Crap, sorry to hear that man. Have the docs said anything about the pain in her bones?

BTW, I'm playing at your favorite "mafia place" tonight. :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:35 am 

No its just one of those side effects you have to ride out, she tried some Medical Marijuana last night it help a little, she will make it shes tough... :!:

Tuscanos tonight tell Danial I said high from sunny California...lol... :lol:

Well more work to do, hey I got a nice bonus we had a good year last year...Uncle Sam took a huge bit out of that thing... :(

Back to the grind stone as soon as I check my silly game threads... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:40 am 

Plook wrote:
No its just one of those side effects you have to ride out, she tried some Medical Marijuana last night it help a little, she will make it shes tough... :!:
Well more work to do, hey I got a nice bonus we had a good year last year...Uncle Sam took a huge bit out of that thing... :(

Glad to hear the gange helped out Mrs. P a bit!
Dania - couldn't remember her name - thanks! The pay he's giving me is crap so this might be my last time.... we'll see.
Congrats on the bonus - I got that raise I was concerned about too. At least we got those fortunes! :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:09 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Plook wrote:

Glad to hear the gange helped out Mrs. P a bit!
Dania - couldn't remember her name - thanks! The pay he's giving me is crap so this might be my last time.... we'll see.
Congrats on the bonus - I got that raise I was concerned about too. At least we got those fortunes! :wink:

See it never hurts to speak up!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 135  Next