Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:52 am 

I taped a really good Hendrix documentary off the uk radio back in either '96 or '97 but no longer have the bloody cassette.
Basically it documented the last month or so of his life so, the Isle of Wight festival, the European tour and the circumstances of the night of his death.

I guess it was made around the time that there was renewed interest surrounding Hendrix's death and the likes of Monica Dannemann. I remember her being on This Morning, of all programs!

Anyway, to further describe the documentary, Ian Anderson discussed how neither him or Hendrix wanted to back down from headlining the IOW and there were interviews with hospital staff and ambulance drivers. I seem to remember Mitch was interviewed for it and he recalled (I think) that he was at The Speakeasy (?) when he got the dreadful news.
Another area that has just come back to me is that it went into quite a lot of detail about Billy Cox having to return home from the tour because he was really ill and had become very paranoid, particularly at a German festival that got over run with bikers (I think I would too).

They also played a rare clip from possibly his last performance where he sang words that the documentary makers believed reflected his state of mind at the time, which was very troubled.

Does anybody remember this documentary?