Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 pm 

Thinman wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
… However, there are shitloads of musicians that choose to go their own way without ANY compromise, yes. But almost all them who do, wind up broke or are near broke for the most of their lives. …
Which is in perfect accordance to the rules of capitalism/free market. So you must like that very much. Only the ones who make compromises to the mass market will survive.

Th.

You're not understanding what I'm saying at ALL. And your sarcasm fails beyond belief, especially since you're just as clueless as most lefties are regarding Capitalism and related issues... :roll:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:21 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Thinman wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
… However, there are shitloads of musicians that choose to go their own way without ANY compromise, yes. But almost all them who do, wind up broke or are near broke for the most of their lives. …
Which is in perfect accordance to the rules of capitalism/free market. So you must like that very much. Only the ones who make compromises to the mass market will survive.

Th.

You're not understanding what I'm saying at ALL. And your sarcasm fails beyond belief, especially since you're just as clueless as most lefties are regarding Capitalism and related issues... :roll:

Jeezus...Still looking for Obama's birth certificate ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:41 pm 

and a free download

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:34 pm 

OBDULA X wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Jeezus...Still looking for Obama's birth certificate ?

I wasn't even looking for it. :roll:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 am 

Confucius say - " Man who demands he always right, most often cannot find ass with both hands"... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 pm 

You guys are funny. The ticket prices are what they are because that is what the market can bear. The show will sell out. We havent even done one advertisement yet except for an e-mail blast with the Zappa/Pumpkin photo and already 40% of the way there. Could we charge less? I guess we could, but some of you are not taking into account just how expensive the venue is to rent and the costs associated.

But besides all that, the payday in NY affords Dweezil the ability to play places like Fargo and Omaha and Billings and Pensacola and JACKSON FREAKIN' MISSISSIPPI. Believe me, if it was JUST about money to him, he'd just play the Tri State, the Northeast, and occasionally go up and down the West Coast and NET more money. But, the guy will play anywhere and wants to play anywhere. He's brought ZPZ to towns that Frank never went to and he is proud of that.

Last edited by chumcloud on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:15 pm 

and I should add, that ticket prices in those cities are generally $25- $28 except for the Soundcheck Party/Poster/best Seats deal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:47 pm 

I said I paid 25 bucks in Madison and it was worth every penny and when I pay 60 bucks in Sacramento it will be worth every penny, I am not sure what is up with this money thing for a good concert... :?:

Mrs Plook and I went to the movie and it cost us with food at least 20 bucks each and that is in backwoods Nor Cal... :!:

I only pay three times the amount of a movie with snacks to see an awesome band, now that should be perspective... :idea:

If you don't like the band nothing will make it worth it for you, so forget about it... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:35 pm 

chumcloud wrote:
and I should add, that ticket prices in those cities are generally $25- $28

I guess that seems reasonable for a night of homogenized nostalgia.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:43 pm 

Isn't a high ticket price the justified punishment for attending a DZPZ show?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 am 

It's what true fans must do, undergo the personal hardship plus make the financial sacrifice for their.. I mean someone else's art.

Brainwashed by the music I had to fly to another country to see/hear the Dweez....Well worth the hardship and sacrifice (according to my credit card company)...Another #@%&#% country, what was I thinking.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:28 pm 

Bottom line. Would I pay $130 to see Frank ? Maybe once. Would I pay $130 for a cover band playing Franks Music? Not a chance. Good luck selling the remaining 60 % of the tickets. It doesn't help when you use Ticketbastard. The fees are outrageous.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:41 pm 

Different month. Same undeserved and smug sense of superiority from Disco Douche. Nice to see that some things never change.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:42 pm 

even more lame than inflated ticket prices: the artists who reserve a pool of available top shelf seats from their own tours and feed them directly to the re-seller/scalper, such as van halen, stones, 9" nails, neil diamond, keith urban, kate perry, beeber, probably a few more

didn't bob dylan do a recent tour where all the tix were sold only on the night of the show, cash only ¿

would frank charge $130 for a show ¿ hard to speculate, he played multiple nights or early/late ... was that to keep the prices down

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:47 pm 

How much we're tickets for the '88 or '84 shows of Frank?

Post subject: re: fz tix
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:15 pm 

'84 toronto, $16.50 reserved seat
'88 vermont, $17.50 general admission
the '88 nyc & chicago tix were $20

the '87 pink floyd toronto show; $25.25

$20 in 1988 = $38.22 in 2012

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:38 pm 

'88 Buffalo - $17.50
'80 London, Ontario - $9.00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:11 pm 

blsabob23 wrote:
Different month. Same undeserved and smug sense of superiority from Disco Douche. Nice to see that some things never change.

Different month. Same incredibly ignorant sense of judgement from blowjobbob23 regarding the quality of my posts. Nice to see that some things never change.

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
would frank charge $130 for a show ¿

If FZ were alive and touring today (especially as much as ZPZ have since 2006), his prices would be very similar to what ZPZ's prices are and would easily be able to charge a top tier price like the above but only in his largest markets (NYC/NJ, Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo, London, etc.)...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:22 am 

Dweezil posted that notice about the upcoming fall tour theme as being special back on Jan 30th and hinted at an announcement as "soon". What does soon mean? I think of soon as a week or so. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:42 am 

Plook wrote:
How much we're tickets for the '88 or '84 shows of Frank?

So figure a show in 80 would be 4x now, 84 would be close to the same, and 88 would be about 3x... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:07 pm 

Frank was an original. dweezil covers an original. I'm not paying close to $150 to see Any cover band. I saw Frank 13 times,I might have paid a little more than $150 total for those shows. 1980-88. Greedy Bastards. That's mostly what it is. Greedy cocksuckers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:20 pm 

cozylittlefooties wrote:
Dweezil posted that notice about the upcoming fall tour theme as being special back on Jan 30th and hinted at an announcement as "soon". What does soon mean? I think of soon as a week or so. Thoughts?

I already bad-mouthed a Zappa over at DZW and got my ass booted, so I won't do the same here. Let us just say that certain Zappas have rather unorthodox concepts concerning the passage of time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:22 pm 

I also am not going to overpay in NYC so dz can play in Billings for $30

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:26 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
cozylittlefooties wrote:

I already bad-mouthed a Zappa over at DZW and got my ass booted, so I won't do the same here. Let us just say that certain Zappas have rather unorthodox concepts concerning the passage of time.

Maybe soon means 4 1/2 years

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:30 pm 

You'll never accept and therefore never understand, thats ok, we are also ok in our belief that its a good thing and will never understand your stance that it is such a terrible thing. Thats ok, we can all live with these differences... :smoke:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next